Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, thank God...but if she says she was kidnapped by two Hispanic women, I will faint.

That's exactly what I was thinking because how could they not have noticed her before? Possible she was dumped there like Panini's case

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I've been following this case from the first day it was posted on WS and from day one it has reminded me of a situation I was involved in when I was in my early teens. I have hesitated to mention it on this thread until more information came out, but with so many questions and speculations about why Maricela did what she did that night and why she went where she went, I really feel compelled to share my story. It may shed some light on a possible abductor situation.

In the mid 1980's I was in my mid teens. It was the holiday season and my parents, brother, and I were shopping at a very large mall one weekend that was obviously very, very busy with holiday shoppers. My parents allowed me to separate from them to shop for Christmas presents. (I know some people might be appalled by this, but I was 15 or 16 at the time and in the 1980's abductions weren't anywhere near the problem they are today.) The agreement was that we would all meet at a certain mall entrance at a certain time.

When the agreed upon time arrived, I went to the entrance, but my parents and brother weren't there. I waited about 10-15 minutes and they still had not shown up. So I thought maybe I somehow missed them and they were all at our car waiting for me (cellphones would have been handy, but it was the 80's).

I headed out to the VERY large and VERY busy parking lot, but when I arrived at our car no one was there. While I stood there for a few minutes deciding what to do next I noticed two guys that looked to be in their early twenties walking towards me. As I watched them, literally for a few seconds, as they continued towards me I realized they weren't going to a car but were instead fixated on me and coming to me, not a car. I immediately started walking away from them and back towards the mall, but they followed me. I got to the mall entrance and they were still following me. I entered the extremely crowded mall and they were still following me. I walked around in the mall for around 10 minutes looking for a security guard or my family and these men followed me the entire time.

It wasn't until I found my parents that they finally turned and went the other direction. I told my parents and we found a mall security guard and told him what had happened, but nothing ever came of it. The guys were long gone, but at least I didn't become a victim and the mall security was aware of the situation and could hopefully prevent these men from targeting another girl.

My point is, these men were not deterred by ANYTHING - not the crowded, busy parking lot or the crowded, busy mall. Based on my own personal experience I can easily see how someone could have relentlessly pursued Maricela no matter where she went or how many people were around.

Having gone through this experience, I have a hard time second guessing anything Maricela did that night. I only wish she could have found someone to help her if she was being pursued, and it appears she was. From the first time I saw the surveillance video I immediately thought she was going to her car to get her cigarettes, but saw someone in the parking lot that made her turn and go another direction - someone that didn't give up pursuing her. I hope I'm wrong, but this has been on my mind and my gut instinct from the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some in the 90's that had Velcro.

It depends upon which kind of clasp. My daughter has a black velvet type of choker from Nordstroms, with a heart, like the one in Maricela's picture. It has a clasp that closes , like a standard necklace clasp. It would be hard to rip it off someone.

But she also has a cheaper one from Hot Topic or somewhere, and it has a 'open clasp'---it is just a hook, and could easily be yanked off.

unfortunately I can guess but I wont say it.

I wonder why this case is getting more attention than MG. I've seen it now on several news channels and on several fb sites. ��

I don't have more details. Sorry to be cryptic. Things have gotten tangled and twisted and after the vigil, I think I'm stepping down. Some ugly things have been said by someone NOT in the family and I don't need all the drama and emotional BS right now when I've done everything I can :(
The other two items have not been confirmed one way or the others. Confirmation, as far as I can tell/believe, has been given on the phone.

If the media needs to fixate after the other girl has been found, why not on Maricela? That really bothers me, I keep hoping there is a reason for that but idk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The phone is Maricela's.

And it was in the planter behind Goodwill? Is that right?

Did she put it there? Or maybe someone else?

ETA___WAIT, the phone was being Jons Market, right? I am tired. So someone followed her to the market and nabbed her out back?

I don't have more details. Sorry to be cryptic. Things have gotten tangled and twisted and after the vigil, I think I'm stepping down. Some ugly things have been said by someone NOT in the family and I don't need all the drama and emotional BS right now when I've done everything I can :(
The other two items have not been confirmed one way or the others. Confirmation, as far as I can tell/believe, has been given on the phone.

I hope to see you there tomorrow night. :hug: I will be wearing a hot pink hoodie with black jeans. :wink: Grey hair...I am old. lol

(RSBM) I've been following this case from the first day it was posted on WS and from day one it has reminded me of a situation I was involved in when I was in my early teens. I have hesitated to mention it on this thread until more information came out, but with so many questions and speculations about why Maricela did what she did that night and why she went where she went, I really feel compelled to share my story. It may shed some light on a possible abductor situation.

(RSBM)

It wasn't until I found my parents that they finally turned and went the other direction. I told my parents and we found a mall security guard and told him what had happened, but nothing ever came of it. The guys were long gone, but at least I didn't become a victim and the mall security was aware of the situation and could hopefully prevent these men from targeting another girl.

My point is, these men were not deterred by ANYTHING - not the crowded, busy parking lot or the crowded, busy mall. Based on my own personal experience I can easily see how someone could have relentlessly pursued Maricela no matter where she went or how many people were around.

Having gone through this experience, I have a hard time second guessing anything Maricela did that night. I only wish she could have found someone to help her if she was being pursued, and it appears she was. From the first time I saw the surveillance video I immediately thought she was going to her car to get her cigarettes, but saw someone in the parking lot that made her turn and go another direction - someone that didn't give up pursuing her. I hope I'm wrong, but this has been on my mind and my gut instinct from the beginning.

That must have been terrifying. Glad you were safe. I agree, if indeed Maricela felt threatened, it's hard to second guess one's fight or flight response.

don't feel that way. step down for your own reasons but not because of someone running their mouth. you have been wonderful.

So sorry. Step back and take a break. You've done more than asked. The fuse has been lit. You already know my position.

code4SAR

Someone recently brought crime blotters up again.... This one you can click on any city within the county and scroll through occurrences. It keeps report data pretty generic, but provides PD Incident Report #s and aligned PD jurisdiction.
http://maps.latimes.com/crime/
I don't have time to go through the last 3 weeks worth right now, but started peeking at a couple.
There were two 'Grand Theft Auto' reports on the evening of 1/12/17:
- 7pm GTA report, just over 1 mile away from GW.
- 9pm flagged only as GTA report in the list of occurrences, but the actual incident lists 3 items. This 9pm report is what made both the the GTA reports spike my interest. This 9pm location is apprx 0.07 miles from GW.
http://maps.latimes.com/crime/report/1472702/
"A property missing from stolen vehicle (petty), a recovered vehicle and a stolen vehicle were reported at 9 p.m. on Jan. 12, 2017, in the 18600 block of Valerio Street"

Car stolen 7pm, occurrence with MG just over 1 mile away (sounds like there's potential in the parking lots surrounding GW for a 'tucked back from street view' spot to park a car you just stole briefly while the heat dies down), then ditches stolen car #1 at location where car #2 is stolen 9pm.

Purely potential theory ^

Have you guys pulled up the local crime blotter for the day/night just in case? Also maybe do a rewind downstairs to listen for anything possibly applicable? Just a thought. Sorry I'm super swamped over here with work but trying to check in when I can.

Also could someone please bring forward a case map if there is one. Thank you!

Hoping for your friend's safe return, M. Keep up the great work. :grouphug:

I made a case map very early on that I have not yet updated (but intend to!), here is that link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?...ll=34.20135019877347,-118.52897289999999&z=18

However, the much better map is post #320 by mistivon. I'll attach the image here but you will need to access her post for the key and explanations. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eseda-12-January-2017&p=13087606#post13087606

path.jpg

forgive me for my ignorance, but in the nancy grace podcast the male co-host mentions a woman who was bound/gagged and dropped off near the area maricela went missing 24 hours after her initial disappearance. can someone link me to an article about this? my crappy google skills can't come up with anything. i can't find anything on any recent abductions in the SFV except the white lady found on the freeway and this sherri papini woman (which seems like a different animal entirely >_<)

forgive me for my ignorance, but in the nancy grace podcast the male co-host mentions a woman who was bound/gagged and dropped off near the area maricela went missing 24 hours after her initial disappearance. can someone link me to an article about this? my crappy google skills can't come up with anything. i can't find anything on any recent abductions in the SFV except the white lady found on the freeway and this sherri papini woman (which seems like a different animal entirely >_<)
http://www.foxla.com/news/local-news/229208989-story

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I can only imagine how frustrating this can be. It sounds like the LAPD are working with Skelton crews and just overwhelmed at the amount of crimes that are committed. I don't have the answer. It happens in major cities. I live in Detroit area and see it daily here ( in the city limits) .

What kind of phone was it? As best I understood, this was her more valuable phone and her burner phone is still missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member