NH NH/CA - Robert Evans, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he looks like at least TWO of the Alcatraz escapees. But they are probably too old.

View attachment 108606View attachment 108607

That thought first came to my mind when thinking he may be a fugitive from way back, but they are likely too old. They were in their 30's at the time of their 1961 escape and would be in their 50's in 1981 when Evans said he was 37. His mugshot (the most common picture you'll see of him) was taken during the 80's when he'd be in his 40's.

I don't think it is impossible for him to have been older then he said, just not likely since the Alcatraz trio are 10-15+ years older than Evans. People have gotten away with it beofre like in the case of Nicholas Barclay, a 13 year old missing boy; however, his impostor was 23 years old at the time Barclay would have been 16, so just a 7 year age difference.

His alias's place his date of birth during the 40s-50s. Him being 37 in 1981 would have placed his birth year around 1944. He had used March 18 as his birthday more than once but with different birth years. Could this be his actual birthday? I do think Robert "Bob" Evans is an alias because Bob Evans is the name of a restaurant chain.

They might not have had a child together but he does have links to California and it looks like he had a long string of relationships that ended in murder so anything's possible. I agree there's only a slight resemblance though but if he can readily change his name he could also slightly alter his appearance?

They might not have had a child together but he does have links to California and it looks like he had a long string of relationships that ended in murder so anything's possible. I agree there's only a slight resemblance though but if he can readily change his name he could also slightly alter his appearance?
Yes, I agree with all that.

I was wondering if he had Lisa/Dawn with him though, because during that time he should have had her. It was after Denise went missing.

Another thing I noticed was that her missing page says she went missing IN December of 1981. However her Facebook page by family keeps mentioning February of 1982. Hmm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Well, I would be looking hard into finding the father of Denise's child. Seems like Ol Bob came along while Denise was pregnant. Maybe the biological father could have had a run in with him, and he might know something beyond what LE knows already. The town only has 4000 residents. Some body has to have an idea who the real father is. At the very least, that would start to tie loose ends up, and it might lead to some possible clues to where things Evans might have told Denise that she might have relayed to the father of Dawn.

‘Chameleon’ Killer ID’d as Culprit in Four New Hampshire Barrel Bodies, Others
Thu, 01/26/2017 - 1:08pm

by Seth Augenstein - Senior Science Writer - @SethAugenstein

A 1985 booking photo of "Curtis Kimball" (left). A 1986 newspaper photo of "Gordon Curtis Jenson," suspected of child abuse. A 2002 mugshot of "Lawrence William Vanner." Police say all three are the same man, who is believed to be responsible for killing at least six people. Photos: Courtesy of the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office
The Bear Brook Murders, one of the most infamous cold cases in American history, was broken open today by investigators.

But in a strange twist, they have honed in on the killer—but still lack the identities of the four victims found stuffed in barrels in the New Hampshire woods.

A man known as Robert Evans in the 1970s and early 1980s in New Hampshire was the biological father of "Child 2," one of the four victims. The man known as Evans also was an employee of the owner of the property where the bodies were discovered.

In a complicated investigative web, it was the connection to two other missing persons cases in New Hampshire, and a completely separate murder in California, which have connected the dots of a serial killer who was apparently stalking multiple states from coast to coast—and likely has at least a half-dozen victims over decade, and potentially more.

The killer named Evans went by at least four other names—and his true identity remains unknown. A startling investigation by the New Hampshire and California authorities, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and others have started to paint a horrifying portrait of an unknown size—though they are starting to understand its shape.

“This is a guy who was a chameleon,” said Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the homicide unit for the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office. “We are confident we have our killer—we now want to ID these victims.

“When you can’t identify your victims, you generally can’t get anywhere,” he added. “In this case, it was the opposite … Now we need to identify and try to find all of his victims.”

Denise Beaudin (left) went missing in 1981. "Bob Evans" was her boyfriend at the time. Eunsoon Jun (right) was murdered in 2002. Her husband, "Curtis Kimball," was convicted in her killing and died in prison while serving a 15 years to life sentence. Photos: Courtesy of the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office
Coast to Coast, Name to Name

Robert Evans was initially sought in connection with the disappearance of Denise Beaudin and her infant daughter Dawn in November 1981, authorities said.

Evans next popped up in California in 1985. But he was named Curtis Kimball on the West Coast, and he was with a girl going by the name of Lisa. Denise Beaudin had disappeared along the way, somehow.

A series of arrests and aliases mark the killer’s trail. He was still Curtis Kimball in 1985 at the time of a DWI. He was Gordon Curtis Jenson when working in an RV park, and when he abandoned the little girl Lisa in 1986. A family at the RV park adopted the girl. The story of abuse she told her new family and authorities led to felony arrest warrants for him.

The same man—now known as Gerry Mockerman—was picked up by authorities in 1988. He was convicted in 1989 and sentenced to three years in prison. He served 18 months, before he was paroled, and absconded.

The killer—whatever his new name—disappeared for 12 years.

The man resurfaced with the name Lawrence William Vanner in 2001. Doing odd jobs as a handyman, he met a woman named Eunsoon Jun, whose roof he repaired. They were married in an unofficial backyard ceremony in August 2001. Jun went missing in September 2002, and her body was found in her basement weeks later.

The husband was arrested that November and charged with murder—and he was eventually convicted and sentenced to 15 years to life in prison.

The prisoner known in the legal system as Curtis Kimball died in a California prison on Dec. 28, 2010.

It is not known how old he was, since he gave birthdates throughout his life that ranged from 1936 to 1952, depending on what alias he was using, authorities said.

The first barrel (left) was discovered in 1985 and contained the bodies of a woman and a young girl. The second barrel (right) was found in 2000 and contained the bodies of two young girls. The same suspect is believed to have killed all four victims, who have yet to be identified. Photos: Courtesy of the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office
The Lingering Mystery

Back in New Hampshire, the Bear Brook case was mired in infamy—and dead ends.

The first barrel was found by hunters near Bear Brook State Park in the New Hampshire woods in November 1985. Inside the 55-gallon drum were the bodies of a woman and a young girl. The case quickly went nowhere, despite New Hampshire authorities committing hundreds of hours to try and identify the two females.

Fifteen years later, in 2000, investigators combing the woods for clues on the long-unsolved case came upon the unthinkable, just a short distance away: yet another barrel. This one contained the bodies of two more little girls.

For 15 years more, the trail led nowhere beyond those woods outside Allenstown, New Hampshire. DNA early on established the woman and two of the girls were closely related, perhaps mother and daughters, or siblings.

All four victims lived in New Hampshire together prior to their deaths, they found. The middle child, however, was different—she had likely come from somewhere in the middle of the country.

One investigative hope was oxygen isotope analysis, completed in 2015. The tests of the isotopes in the remains determined all four had lived together in the Northeast, drinking the same water marked by a particular chemical signature.

DNA and other findings from the remains have narrowed down the inter-relationships, too: the woman likely had dark, wavy hair and was between 22 and 33 years old. The oldest girl in the same barrel was 10 years old at the time of death. The youngest victim, who was also related, was 2 or 3 years old and had a large gap in the front of her teeth. The unrelated middle child was 3 or 4 years old and had a different appearance, according to the latest sketch.

That middle child is now confirmed to be the biological daughter of the killer—whether he is known as Evans, Kimball, Jenson or whatever other names he used in his decades of mayhem.

Police created a map that tracks the possible locations throughout the years of the serial killer known by several different aliases, including "Robert Evans" and "Curtis Kimball." Image: Courtesy of the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office
The DNA Link

The link was the little girl he abandoned, then known as Lisa Jenson.

Curious about her barely-remembered past and the man she had been with for the cross-country travel, she took a genetic test. It was linked to people in New Hampshire—people who turned out to be her cousins and her grandfather.

Further testing and contact with police established an incredible connection: she was Dawn Beaudin, the little girl last seen on the East Coast in 1981.

The woman, now with a happily married life including three children of her own, released a statement through authorities at the press conference this morning.

“I am so grateful to be reunited with my grandfather and cousins,” she said, calling it an “incredulous” story. “Please turn your attention to the unidentified victims.”

Police now believe Evans killed at least six people: Denise Beaudin, the four Bear Brook victims and Jun, whose murder was the one for which he was actually caught. However, the biological mother of the daughter he killed and placed in the barrel remains unknown—and unaccounted for. (Elizabeth Evans is a name that appears occasionally in documents, but investigators are unsure of her real identity.) All the known victims were killed with blunt-force trauma. Some were dismembered.

“Frankly, we do not know the true identity of the subject right now,” said Sgt. Michael Kokoski of the New Hampshire State Police.

Little investigative clues have mounted, however. Based on things he said and his history, they believe he may have been in the military, perhaps in the U.S. Navy, prior to appearing on the New Hampshire radar in 1977. Heavy drinking marked his entire life, including the DWIs. And he also was a drifter, with only months at a time in the same place. Almost everyone he had met along his travels described him as aloof and strange.

Most chillingly, perhaps—investigators are not only unsure of what the killer’s real name is, but they’re also unsure of his travels. Beyond California and New Hampshire, he stole a car in Idaho. He is also believed to have potential connections in a wide swath of the rest of the country: Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Hawaii, Missouri, Louisiana, Georgia and Virginia.

Police are asking anyone to see if they recognize the man known as Robert Evans, Curtis Kimball, Gordon Curtis Jenson, Gerry Mockerman and Lawrence William Vanner. Tipsters should call the New Hampshire State Police, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-(800)-THE-LOST.
Unsolved
RELATED READS

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The pictures can be seen by following the link I posted further up.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That thought first came to my mind when thinking he may be a fugitive from way back, but they are likely too old. They were in their 30's at the time of their 1961 escape and would be in their 50's in 1981 when Evans said he was 37. His mugshot (the most common picture you'll see of him) was taken during the 80's when he'd be in his 40's.

I don't think it is impossible for him to have been older then he said, just not likely since the Alcatraz trio are 10-15+ years older than Evans. People have gotten away with it beofre like in the case of Nicholas Barclay, a 13 year old missing boy; however, his impostor was 23 years old at the time Barclay would have been 16, so just a 7 year age difference.

His alias's place his date of birth during the 40s-50s. Him being 37 in 1981 would have placed his birth year around 1944. He had used March 18 as his birthday more than once but with different birth years. Could this be his actual birthday? I do think Robert "Bob" Evans is an alias because Bob Evans is the name of a restaurant chain.
I'm not familiar with the restaurant chain. Is it still open? If it's a small chain/location, that could be a good Indication of areas to research.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was looking at the isotope map for the middle child ("Bob Evans" child) and I noticed that the states she most likely lived in (in the red boxes) are generally NOT states he refers to when he talked to people, or states he was known to be in.

If she was there, he was there at some point. Maine, Vermont, NY, the Dakotas and Nebraska, possibly Canada at least along the border areas.

She was roughly 2-4 when she was killed circa 1980/1981 so her oldest DOB is roughly 1976/1977. Maybe she came there as an infant. If not, she was born in one of those small pockets of possibility in the north east.

attachment.php

Then the map of the adult female and her two children also includes a lot of states he never talks about. I suppose she could have moved somewhere prior to meeting him, but, I find it interesting that for the most part these areas are big white areas on Bob's map.

attachment.php

He is well practiced at lying long before he gets to NH. He's not going to give up real information. The middle child isotope info doesn't lie though. If she was there, he was there before he went to NH.

I'm leaning toward Northern Maine because if he were in Canada, we aren't that far from Quebec. The 3 related victims were said to have been in a more northern climate 3-7 months before they died. During that time frame, the middle child was said to have been in a more northern climate as well, only they never said if it was the same more northern climate each was in. That time frame is about the time they would have been "introduced" to the middle child and she became part of their unit.

Does anyone have a link to the thread about the middle child? I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone have a link to the thread about the middle child? I can't find it anywhere.
If you're talking about the one made for the mother of the middle child, Bessie put it back in with the Allenstown thread.

If you're talking about the one made for the mother of the middle child, Bessie put it back in with the Allenstown thread.

Yes, that's the one I was looking for. Thank you so much. :)

its certainly possible. but I don't think she was alive that long. and orange county is about 7 hours away from the Bay Area and the delta.

From your link, I got a date of May 27, 1985, as the date Curtis Mayo Kimball was arrested by Cypress police in Orange County. He was arrested for investigation of drunken driving and child endangerment. Also, as you noted, the article states that according to authorities, Curtis Mayo Kimball was married to a woman known as Donna, who works in Orange County as a nurse and who may use the name Donna Walter.

O.K. That woman, likely killed in the Summer of 1994, who was found in a refrigerator with tiny milk cartons , the size used in hospitals, schools and institutions ... could that be the nurse he was supposedly married to? She could have brought the milk home from work at the hospital and put them in the refrigerator that he later used to stash her body. Just a wild stab on my part.

yes, on dawn/lisa.

That actually could make sense to why he kept Dawn/Lisa so long. What if Denise's daughter was the motive for that relationship in the first place, so he got rid of Denise.

Evans eerily reminds me of Franklin Delano Floyd.

-They both took a child from a previous relationship and raised them as their own
  • Floyd: His 5 year old step-daughter Suzanne Sevakis in 1975. He married her in adulthood. (raised 15 years until her death)
  • Evans: His girlfriend, Denise Beaudin's 6 month year old daughter Dawn (later called Lisa) after 1981. (raised for 5 years)
-both had used several alias's
  • Floyd: 5 different alias's; Warren Judson Marshall, Clarence Marcus Hughes, Trenton Davis, Preston Morgan, Kingfish Floyd
  • Evans: 12 Alias's so far including variations; Robert T. Evans, Robert C. Evans, Curtis Mayo Kimball, Gordon Curtis Jenson, Gordon Curtis Jensen, Gerald E. Mockerman, Jerry Edward Mockerman, Lawrence William Vanner, Jerry Edwards Gorman, Ulos Jenson, Curtis Rollin Kimball, Don Vannerson
-both had killed children
  • Floyd: He confessed to murdering Suzanne Sevakis's (his step-daughter/later wife) son (his stepson), Michael Anthony Hughes. Suzanne also had siblings he ran off with, 2 sisters and an infant brother. So far the 2 sisters were located shortly after, but the brother's whereabouts are unknown. Could be another one of his victims.
  • Evans: Is suspected in killing three children in Allenstown, NH between 1977-1985; a 5-11 year old, 2–4 years old, and a 1–3 years old. One was his biological daughter (the 2-4 year old).
-both are convicted murderers
  • Floyd: He was convicted of the 1989 murder of Cheryl Ann Commesso, also is a suspect in the hit and run murder of Suzanne; as well as, a suspect in her son Michael's 1994 disappearance and murder(confessed).
  • Evans: He was convicted in the 2002 murder of Eunsoon Jun, one of his wife's. He is now suspect in the quadruple homicide of four unknown females (one his daughter) in Alllenstown, NH; bodies found in 1985, and another set in 2000. The killings took place sometime in 1977-1985. He is now a suspect in Denise Beaudin's disappearance and assumed murder.

Does anyone know if Evans has any prior sex crimes?

I think I discovered something!! Who is Donna Jenson/Denise La Port/Donna La Port?

vwtzb4.png

"Lisa may have a 2 or 3 year old sister". October 18, 1986 The San Bernardino County Sun

She went to live with her father in December 1981. She dissapeared in February 1982. No idea why 1981 is listed as the last seen date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406