Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must have been a way to manually enter the building, old fashion-style. I would be amazed if it would pass fire safety standards, say (not that I know anything about those) to have a building with doors that can only be opened remotely.

Even remote controlled doors break down ...

The eacs system that controls the doors is now only able to open the doors either by swipe card or remotely. The doors are keyed but no techs have keys. They didn't have swipe cards back then. I don't think BRE used the exchanges otherwise because he couldn't have access without someone knowing he was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought that exchange was a spooky looking place. Coincidentally, it's right opposite Brookwood Flats where Jillian Brewer, one of Eric Edgar Cooke's (serial killer) first victims was murdered (and opposite our Premier, Colin Barnetts house).

What are the main theories around where CSK took the victims immediately following abduction?

I can't move past the Cottesloe Exchange as a location.

My reasoning is this:
With either scenario of blitz attack or convincing a victim to willingly get into his car the CSK would have to have an immense amount of audacity to then drive any kind of significant distance from the abduction site.
In the blitz scenario the victim would be incapacitated for a short while, but there's too high a chance they recover, fight back or draw attention to the vehicle.
In the other scenario I believe the victim would rapidly realise something was astray and fight back, or draw attention to the vehicle.

Consequently CSK can't have gone far from the abduction site before stopping and 'dealing' with the victim, either incapacitating/subduing them more effectively than what is possible in the small window of opportunity of an abduction or worse, before heading on to another location to dump the victim or similar.

The Cottesloe Exchange seems perfect to me for this.

Anyone else have any thoughts? And/or can someone poke holes in my theory?

The eacs system that controls the doors is now only able to open the doors either by swipe card or remotely. The doors are keyed but no techs have keys. They didn't have swipe cards back then. I don't think BRE used the exchanges otherwise because he couldn't have access without someone knowing he was there.

a rogue key?
might either of the 2relatives (alleged to have also been employed) worked in a capacity where they'd have had a set of keys accessible to him?
did a keyed employee of the time, perhaps lose or misplace their key, requiring a replacement?
perhaps he was able to obtain access through a mate on the job?

[emoji887]

a rogue key?
might either of the 2relatives (alleged to have also been employed) worked in a capacity where they'd have had a set of keys accessible to him?
did a keyed employee of the time, perhaps lose or misplace their key, requiring a replacement?
perhaps he was able to obtain access through a mate on the job?

[emoji887]

Very unlikely. Even if he did have a key he still need to justify being there at night. PABX tech has no need to go to exchange at night.

Does anyone know what Westech Appliance does? Located in WA
BRE and a few of his close friends liked that business page on Facebook. May have done some work there even .All I'm finding is appliance repairs .

From what I've read BRE was quite skilled with what he did for Telstra and Rio tinto is mentioned a bit also.
Maybe he was high up enough to have personal access to things without requiring anyone elses approval

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

But you are saying that anyone who happened to have a key could access. And I infer that, prior to swipe cards, no-one would actually know who accessed the place with a key, right?

Would BRE necessarily require access to the building? The carpark is dark and secluded enough for nefarious deeds, especially if part of a blitz style attack on an unsuspecting victim. Where is the exchange in relation to the last known locations of the Claremont attacks? Anyone good with maps? I'd offer But I'm on an awful ipad that keeps crashing...

liedoggo I think it's too far away from last known sightings to be the location of the initiating blitz attack itself. But it's a very, very conveniently short distance by car.

There are a couple of residential houses on the northern and western side of the exchange, but to the south is an Auto Masters, and the east is basically just Stirling Hwy. If I was the CSK/BRE I wouldn't want to risk using the outside of it just as a location, but inside where noise would be muffled and there's a much lower chance of escape would be ideal.
This is also why I'm not convinced KK cemetery is likely. It's open air and noise could travel too easily, and as he discovered the KK victim (whilst left alone), was easily able to escape the cemetery.

the problem i have with any telstra exchange is leaving evidence

I felt the same way. Also there are houses very close by, if he opened the roller door to put his car in it would make lots of noise so couldn't take his car in and use that. Maybe if he had plastic sheets ready?

If he was responsible for JC death and took the rape victim to Karrakatta cemetery because of JCs memorial plaque there, than perhaps he is taking them to somewhere that has a similar connection to his old crimes.

Agreed about leaving evidence. I figure if he was meticulous and had prepped the site with a drop sheet etc, plus being potentially able to drive his car straight inside the building, then he could theoretically get away without leaving many traces.

They did have swipe cards back then. I used them when I was temping for a government organisation in WA.

But you are saying that anyone who happened to have a key could access. And I infer that, prior to swipe cards, no-one would actually know who accessed the place with a key, right?

I don't think he took them to telstra exchanges. Too risky. If anyone escaped it could be connected to him. Plus there would be evidence he'd need to clean up.
Starting to think the girls he murdered were not blitz attacks and this is why they died. They got in his car. They saw his face,the car he was driving-talked to him. They knew too much to be let go.
BRE would have had fairly good knowledge of nearby isolated areas. Probably why he chose Claremont. He took them to a location not too far. I think thats where he killed them before taking them to a second spot to dispose of them.
Probably all places he could return to without looking suspicious.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's not that far from the last sightings at all. I have walked that distance often and easily from Claremont shopping area. Stirling Highway traffic around that area is always noisy, especially on weekends if you live close by which would probably muffle any screams for help. It's also close to an intersection and traffic lights leading on to Eric Street where the Ocean Beach Hotel is (where both Sara and Jane were seen before going on to the Conti Hotel).

liedoggo I think it's too far away from last known sightings to be the location of the initiating blitz attack itself. But it's a very, very conveniently short distance by car.

There are a couple of residential houses on the northern and western side of the exchange, but to the south is an Auto Masters, and the east is basically just Stirling Hwy. If I was the CSK/BRE I wouldn't want to risk using the outside of it just as a location, but inside where noise would be muffled and there's a much lower chance of escape would be ideal.
This is also why I'm not convinced KK cemetery is likely. It's open air and noise could travel too easily, and as he discovered the KK victim (whilst left alone), was easily able to escape the cemetery.

Agreed about leaving evidence. I figure if he was meticulous and had prepped the site with a drop sheet etc, plus being potentially able to drive his car straight inside the building, then he could theoretically get away without leaving many traces.
what about the old dingo flour mill opposite leighton beach or even leighton beach very quiet there before we got invaded

It' difficult because during summer people are around at all hours of the night, walking dogs, skulking, all sorts of reasons. He would never be sure who could be around. In winter, maybe not so much, depending on the weather.

But he could also potentially be caught in the act if there was a legitimate need for another tech to access the building? Risky, but adds to the excitement? Escape posibly cut off. Would he be happy with that?

If he was responsible for JC death and took the rape victim to Karrakatta cemetery because of JCs memorial plaque there, than perhaps he is taking them to somewhere that has a similar connection to his old crimes.

having previously mentioned on thread, due to the reports of victims missing jewelry, items of clothing, and there being other unidentified clothes having being found at Dsites, that perhaps he carried his souvenirs along to subsequent attacks as a type of performance enhancer -—all-powerful— a theme which, if only in his mind, connected all his crimes.

Julie Cutler's plaque wasn't erected until 2008 ... 20 years after her disappearance, so there could be no connection with the plaque and the KK rape, imo, however a newspaper article mentions that JC's sister wants 3 parts of the disappearance reinvestigated
•a break-in at JC's Fremantle home shortly before she disappeared
•JC's complaint that a man had tried to force her car off Stirling Highway
•and the question of whether JC made it home on the night she disappeared - because her wallet was actually found at her house.

if Julie were stalked, abducted, AND the same person was responsible for the earlier break&enter at her home - how much may that person have gleaned of her very personal history?
her mother died early from cancer, when Julie and her sister were still very young ... and she was buried at KK cemetery.
i have wondered if perhaps Julie's mother's gravesite could have been a possible connective theme for the later karrakatta rape?
i have found (lawn8/plot0837) which i believe is the reference for her plot; it reads to have expired in 2012.
i'v attempted, so far unsuccessfully, to locate on the cemetery map, to see whether there is any obvious proximity to smyth road & "hollywood hospital" where KK victim fled after being left for dead.
22b80ec3e3d755de759adc67538edbe4.jpg

my apologies if this has already been theorised, and further, for any distress causing factor.

[ https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/julies-father-wants-an-end-to-familys-pain-ng-b88342268z ]
[emoji887]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member