GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine any dead mammal will cause them to indicate but I don't know that. In the Shannon Matthews thing the other night someone said the police had taken their floorboards up because a dog had indicated about what turned out to be a dead mouse or something. Obviously there's every chance that bit was pure fiction though!

They're trained just to react to dead bodies but I remember vaguley that with the Shannon Mathews case they alerted to a bed and it turned out the bed was second hand and that somebody had died in it previously.

I know there will be debate on this subject so hopefully this explains. I've omitted those parts which don't appear to be relevant in this case.

Mandatory Life Sentences in Murder Cases

a) For adults aged 21 years old and over there are 4 starting points:

• a whole life order;
• 30 years;
• 25 years (effective from 2 March 2010); and
• 15 years.

Where the offence is not so serious as to warrant a whole life order but the seriousness of the offence is particularly high the appropriate starting point is 30 years. The following examples are given:
d) a murder intended to obstruct or interfere with the course of justice;

Aggravating and Mitigating Factors

Having set a starting point the court must take into account any aggravating or mitigating factors, to the extent that it has not allowed for them in its choice of starting point (paragraph 8, Schedule 21).

Under paragraph 9, detailed consideration of aggravating or mitigating factors may result in a minimum term of any length (whatever the starting point) or in the making of a whole life order.

Aggravating factors that may be relevant include:

a) a significant degree of planning or premeditation;
g) concealment, destruction or dismemberment of the body.

The court should also consider any previous convictions, whether the offence was committed on bail and if the offender pleaded guilty.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_-_mandatory_life_sentences_in_murder_cases/#an05

I know we had this evidence on the previous thread, but I have just picked up Tara's tweet and I think it is worth putting up on the new thread, because, as Tortoise rightly said, here's his confession right here.

Tara Cox ‏@TaraCoxCN 8h8 hours ago

Stewart: “Nick spun me round, put his arm round my neck and said: ‘You don’t understand how serious this is, this is what happened to Helen'

They're trained just to react to dead bodies but I remember vaguley that with the Shannon Mathews case they alerted to a bed and it turned out the bed was second hand and that somebody had died in it previously.

Crikey, that would put you off sleeping in it, wouldn't it?!

"You took the sim card on April 11 didn’t you?"

Ooooh

so it connected to wifi and didn't ping off the mast/tower.

Yes

I gave my old business handset to my youngest like this.

No Sim - but it works on our home WIFI so apps like spotify or youtube can be used

Jurors also heard from Steven Polley, a dog handler for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, who searched the author’s home with a police dog on April 22.

Mr Polley said the dog, trained to assist in the recovery of deceased victims, ‘indicated’ at a bucket of cleaning materials in the utility room, as well as a bench in the kitchen dining area and a pair of trousers in the main bedroom.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/fianc-royston-author-helen-bailey-12518246

Uh oh that alert is on April 22nd which is 4 days before the date IS says Nick and Joe turned up and took the keys of the jeep and went into the garage.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murder-trial-ian-12578906

I think you need to contact Mr Trimmer CP....make sure he has noted this one too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know we had this evidence on the previous thread, but I have just picked up Tara's tweet and I think it is worth putting up on the new thread, because, as Tortoise rightly said, here's his confession right here.

Stewart: “Nick spun me round, put his arm round my neck and said: ‘You don’t understand how serious this is, this is what happened to Helen'

That's his confession ....they did say it was possible to kill in this way during the prosecution case.

Yes

I gave my old business handset to my youngest like this.

No Sim - but it works on our home WIFI so apps like spotify or youtube can be used

Yeah. I'm sure I remember someone on the FB saying her status had shown up online on fb at some point. Probably this same time.

Yes, wasn't there an aborted FaceTime call made from her iPad at some point?

Jurors also heard from Steven Polley, a dog handler for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, who searched the author’s home with a police dog on April 22.

Mr Polley said the dog, trained to assist in the recovery of deceased victims, ‘indicated’ at a bucket of cleaning materials in the utility room, as well as a bench in the kitchen dining area and a pair of trousers in the main bedroom.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/fianc-royston-author-helen-bailey-12518246

Uh oh that alert is on April 22nd which is 4 days before the date IS says Nick and Joe turned up and took the keys of the jeep and went into the garage.

Excellent spot. This is precisely the kind of damning detail that Trimmer should be putting to him. He can't now suddenly change the timetable for Ni-Jo!

And while offering suggestions to the prosecutor, or his busy clerks who may read here, I wish Trimmer would ask, if Helen was such a smart woman why was she Googling 'keep falling asleep', when by IS' account she was willingly taking sleeping pills that weren't even prescribed for her. Call him on these lies please!

was this on the 11th? or before the 24th when IS said he spoke to Helen

An old work colleague once did this to me as a "joke" on a night out. Came up behind me and put his arm around my neck from behind and squeezed. It really is totally debilitating. I couldn't catch my breath and couldn't ungrip his arm, it was frightening and that was just for seconds. I've learnt since that the best thing to do is to stamp really hard on the top of their foot with the heel of your shoe. Not much use if you're at home with no shoes on though (like Helen)

I think you need to contact Mr Trimmer CP....make sure he has noted this one too.

I'm sure he's noted it, but putting too much emphasis on the alerts of the dog is probably opening a whole new can of worms

This is Friday April 15

Nick told me to go to the cliff top in Broadstairs and if I told the police I wouldn't see Helen again'
“Nick was furious and he hit me in the side again, I ended up on all fours on the ground.
“I was trying to get my breath.
“He went outside the bedroom and made a phonecall.
“He was telling them I hadn’t found the phone and that Helen’s brother had been to Broadstairs and wanted to phone the police. “He then came back in and said: ‘You’ve got to find that phone if you can, we need it and Helen needs it’.
“He then said we want you to bring it to Broadstairs tomorrow (April 16).
“He said go to Broadstairs regardless whether I found the phone or not.
“He then told me that after lunch at 1.30pm to walk along the cliff top in Broadstairs.
“He spun me round put his arm round my neck and said: ‘You don’t seem to understand how serious it is, this is really serious, if you don’t do what we say or tell the police or anyone, you won’t see Helen again’.
He said: ‘This is what happened to Helen’ and I fell to the floor trying to get my breath back.
“He said ‘make sure I see you in Broadstairs tomorrow. Don’t tell anyone or you won’t see Helen again.’

Excellent spot. This is precisely the kind of damning detail that Trimmer should be putting to him. He can't now suddenly change the timetable for Ni-Jo!

And while offering suggestions to the prosecutor, or his busy clerks who may read here, I wish Trimmer would ask, if Helen was such a smart woman why was she Googling 'keep falling asleep', when by IS' account she was willingly taking sleeping pills that weren't even prescribed for her. Call him on these lies please!

There was this exchange today, as reported in the Cambridge News:
14:36
Stewart is asked about the searches made by Helen for the cause of her drowsiness

Trimmer: “You saw that pathology report by Dr Carey on October 27 which stated zopiclone was found in Helen’s body - shortly after that you were given a document that indicated Dr Carey’s conclusions.”

Stewart: “I don’t know the timing.”

Trimmer: “There really are only two alternatives. Either she did it herself or you did it to her.”

Stewart: “Yes, but only one of them is true”

Trimmer: “The first time the option you’d chosen has come to the prosecution of the court is when you give evidence?”

Stewart: “Yes”

Trimmer: “You know she was suffering from the effects of zopiclone in the weeks prior to her death.”

Stewart: “No”

Trimmer: “On Friday, April 8, Helen did a series of searches. ‘Falling asleep in the afternoon’ ‘Can’t stop falling asleep’ ‘I’m so tired falling asleep at work’

Stewart: “She showed me some of these searches.”

Trimmer: “The fact she’d made those was important to you. Did it stick in your mind?”

Stewart: “Not at all.”

Trimmer: “Did that concern you she was searching for the cause of what was making her sleep?”

Stewart: “No.”

Not sure if it was pushed hard enough though.

An old work colleague once did this to me as a "joke" on a night out. Came up behind me and put his arm around my neck from behind and squeezed. It really is totally debilitating. I couldn't catch my breath and couldn't ungrip his arm, it was frightening and that was just for seconds. I've learnt since that the best thing to do is to stamp really hard on the top of their foot with the heel of your shoe. Not much use if you're at home with no shoes on though.

This once happened to a friend of mine in the pub. He was sitting on a bar stool when a chap who is, shall we say, a local 'character', did it for no particular reason than a sort of joke. This guy really didn't mean any harm but doesn't know his own strength. My friend just toppled over, bar stool and all. He was actually rendered unconscious for a few moments, and had no memory of what had happened. Oddly what concerned him most was that he might get a reputation for being drunk enough to fall off a bar stool - an indignity which had never befallen him.

Yes, whether or not Helen was still alive when dumped in the cesspit couldn't be proven one way or the other a full three months after the event. Her family must feel hugely frustrated (as do many of us) that the police failed to lift the cess pit hatch much earlier than they did - and ideally the week she went missing! Had they done so, forensic evidence on the bodies of Helen and Boris could have revealed far more about the crime and IS would not have been able to destroy so much incriminating evidence.

No doubt at the close of the trial this subject will be debated further!

Reminds me of the Stuart Hazell case where the police looked in the loft and declared that Tia wasn't in there before returning weeks later for a more thorough search where her dead body was found.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Alyce

Stewart: “Nick spun me round, put his arm round my neck and said: ‘You don’t understand how serious this is, this is what happened to Helen
'

This was on the 15th when they turned up wihout Helen but allowed IS to speak to her on the phone.They wanted him to find her phone but he couldn't...they then told him to go to Broadstairs the next day, whether he found the phone or not. Luckily he had found it by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member