IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't think there is a car in that picture, there was at one point car access on the south side of the bridge. Likely via the driveway that runs along the southern edge. Note the red SUV.
attachment.php

The High Bridge 2006. Left: Looking railroad south across the High Bridge. Right: Standing on the railroad south end of the High Bridge looking toward Delphi. During this trip I was able to walk across the bridge. Then, later in the day I learned that the south end of the bridge is accessable by vehicle.

http://www.monon.monon.org/bygone/deercreek.html near the bottom of the page. 3rd row up.

Attachments

• 05-06HighBridge7-south.jpg
    05-06HighBridge7-south.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 876
<mod snip>

In the beginning, nobody knew where the photos came from. Ideas are shared, considered, rejected, modified.

It's unfair, imo, to look back at the beginning of a case and poke fun of ideas. FWIW, I thought it was from a person's phone/camera, so I'm not necessarily defending myself, but the process of figuring things out in general.

If we all could figure out all the clues from the start, the case would be solved.

jmopinion...

I agree. I think to attack on the bridge would have been difficult even if he had a gun or other weapon to coerce them. Imagine the perp trying to force two individuals along a planked/raised boardwalk with large gaps to the ground far below. Impossible to watch the victims and feet at the same time not to mention tripping hazards to the perp and his victims.

It's silly to think he forced them to walk back across. Would take too long, and the risk of being seen would be so high that a cold, calculating killer, who wants to get his deed over and done with, would never do that. The creek is shallow in spots, according to YouTube and MSM videos

While I don't think there is a car in that picture, there was at one point car access on the south side of the bridge. Likely via the driveway that runs along the southern edge. Note the red SUV.
attachment.php

http://www.monon.monon.org/bygone/deercreek.html near the bottom of the page. 3rd row up.

yes, that is 625. It can be clearly viewed in the raw helicopter video from the day after the murders

The other thing is this guy may never of left. He could still be in those woods in an encampment if he is homeless. Think about it if he knew how to navigate those woods like the people are saying, he might be living back there. Everyone would think the guy left, the perfect place would be right where you were.

For the billionth time, he does not say "get" in the clip. LE said 3 word, "Down The Hill". That's it, all they released.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

YES!!!!!!! I agree completely! We are just hearing a snippet of what was captured. If LE says it says 3 words, "down the hill" then that is exactly what was said considering they've listened to the entire content of that audio. Makes me shiver to think what all was captured. Liberty you're amazing!!!!! May you both RIP sweet girls.

attachment.php
First post. I hope I can help to answer the speculations about the possibility of vehicles under the bridge. I have copied this topo map so you can see there is no road or trail under the bridge. The contour interval is the distance between the brown line. It is 10 feet. That means that 10 feet divides each line. The closer the lines are the steeper the incline. There is a trail that leads down to the left of the bridge trail but it ends before the creek on the north side of the creek. Top of the map being north. On the south side of the creek there doesn't appear to be any road or trail to get to that point. It wouldn't be possible IMO to get a car or a van in there and it would be a 4 wheel drive vehicle that could get there but most parks like this don't allow off road vehicles. There is a similar trail in Muncie, Indiana, Where I live. It is mostly on an old railroad like the Monon and the Monon High Bridge trails.The Gravel Pit on the map is behind the cemetery and caught my attention the first time I saw this map because it looks to be in the area of the crime scene. It may only be a small pit or cave like thing and not a "swimming hole" type of gravel pit. MOO.
Sean

Not hallucinations, just not being able to analyze the photo accurately and objectively. You are looking for cars, so your brain is turning shadows and tree limbs into cars. Not to mention that after viewing this area from the air, it is basically impossible to drive a vehicle of any kind to the area in the photo. I don't know how else to explain it to you.

Sometimes, if multiple people are echoing the same sentiment to you, its wise to listen.

No, I was not looking for cars as I always assumed the POI was walking across the bridge. And walking when the told the girls: "Down the hill".

We were told today that the images came from Libby's phone. I think that she may have downloaded a great deal to her SnapChat. I do feel it it on the Internet somewhere.

You will see that you were incorrect about not being able to drive to that location and that there are two vehicles and as many as six people are down there. Two people are standing by the window at the car.

Sorry that those people that you mention are erroneous in that belief.
if multiple people are echoing the same sentiment to you, its wise to listen

In the beginning, nobody knew where the photos came from. Ideas are shared, considered, rejected, modified.

It's unfair, imo, to look back at the beginning of a case and poke fun of ideas. FWIW, I thought it was from a person's phone/camera, so I'm not necessarily defending myself, but the process of figuring things out in general.

If we all could figure out all the clues from the start, the case would be solved.

jmopinion...

Well stated

I , for one, had no idea that this photo came from the Liberty's phone. Not something I would have suggested. I thought a trail cam for sure
And as things move along, I change my mind and I am free to do so.

The other thing is this guy may never of left. He could still be in those woods in an encampment if he is homeless. Think about it if he knew how to navigate those woods like the people are saying, he might be living back there. Everyone would think the guy left, the perfect place would be right where you were.

I've been thinking about that.

I don't think he's homeless or a drifter, though I haven't ruled it out either.

I'm thinking he is right in the community, in plain sight, maybe even concerned and helping.

jmopinion

In contrast to some who feel the PC was rather useless, I respectfully disagree. To me, this gave off the perception of how seriously this crime is being investigated, the solidarity of numerous different police branches.. 'look at what you're up against, look at who we've got working on this, we are one together working on this case just to find YOU'. It gave compassion for the officers working on this case, 'we're just people too' (my own words). It offered a reward, although details were rather slim and I wasn't entirely sure until after the PC when I looked at the ISP website. Now that there is a reward, I'm sure there will be many more donations rolling in to make that reward grow. It encouraged that person who thinks they might know something, but doesn't feel comfortable, to go ahead and come forward, their tip WILL be anonymous and nobody will ever know it was them. It confirmed what we suspected, in that indeed it was the victim who gave the video image. It told us they have much, much more, which they can't divulge, but man, if you're the guy, no matter where you're from and no matter where you are now, you're GOING to be caught. It also gave us the information that police seem to have Libby's phone in their possession, which will undoubtedly have provided a wealth of information in itself. (How did the perp(s) miss taking/destroying the phone??)

All of that said, I feel such a sense of sadness and fury in regard to the victims' last minutes/hours. Obviously they knew they were in danger which is just heartbreaking and terrifying, and they weren't able to do anything about it (other than the incredibly heroic recording of their own killer). If they knew, why didn't one or both of them take a mad run for it (both girls were involved in sports, probably in good shape)? How could the two have been controlled by one old fart? That leads me to suspect that either there were two perps, or there was a gun controlling them. jmo.

I believe the figure that you see in the bridge photo is the pole that is next to the tree, the pole and tree together makes it look wider and more like a human figure. but after reviewing many videos and photos from youtube, google etc. i am almost positive its not a person.
moo

Sorry, mu browser crashes every time I am trying to open that link, BUT you know what you found, right?

It shows the exact spot of the POI!

attachment.php

It is the same spot I have researched:

attachment.php

So we definitely know now, he was traveling SE in this capture. Also, he seems to be getting ready to make that left turn!! Wow

-Nin

http://www.capitalbay.news/news/1120465-lonely-spot-where-murdered-teenage-girls-were-last-seen.html

Perspective is slightly off naturally, but the poi would be in this approximate location. I have not made any measurements yet, this is just an estimate of his dimensions:

attachment.php

-Nin

Source:
http://www.capitalbay.news/news/1120465-lonely-spot-where-murdered-teenage-girls-were-last-seen.html

Attachments

• Indiana spot approximate.jpg
    Indiana spot approximate.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1,938
For the billionth time, he does not say "get" in the clip. LE said 3 word, "Down The Hill". That's it, all they released.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

It could even be "roll them down the hill" or "i last saw it (my lost puppy) down the hill" or any number of things. Sorry if this has been said a zillion times already. Thread moving so fast.

I just wanted to throw some comments in here, I'm a longtime lurker, but I have never posted before. While I am not too sure how much my comments and opinions are going to actually contribute to this case, I hope that maybe I can clear up some of the questions I'm reading, and maybe you guys can help me with some of my confusion.

I am relatively familiar with the town of Delphi, and it's surrounding areas. My family has owned property outside of Delphi for awhile, not too far from the location that LE searched. For my children this area is their "utopia". They get to spend their weekends in the summers running around in the woods, riding dirt bikes and getting muddy and wet in the many rivers and creeks. What is most scary for me, is that my children have walked this trail countless times, my two daughters could have been these poor girls. Never in a million years would I have thought something like this would have happened in Carroll county, even with I-65 running through the middle of it, and US 421 and the new Hoosier Heartland "thing". I can't even begin to understand what this is doing to the community. I hope we find justice for these two innocent and beautiful girls.

This press conference, which I was anxiously waiting for since last night, is rather infuriating to me. The Indiana State Police is a pretty top notch LE agency, they have to have more than this right?!? I hope they do and I hope this is just a strategy of slowly releasing information to motivate the public to provide more quality tips.

And that is what leads me to the part that I don't understand about this audio recording which was just released. In my mind it goes a bit against the most narrative that has been pushed by LE since naming "man in picture" as main suspect #1.

This voice is about the most typical central Indiana voice that I have ever heard. It sounds like my coworkers, neighbors, and most of the guys that will be at the bar this afternoon discussing this case with me. Why then did LE feel like this would help ??? Because contrary to what they are saying about a possible transient or hitchhiker, they want someone in the Delphi area, or better the greater Lafayette area to recognize it as their husband, brother or son and call in the tip that solves the case. They feel the recognition of this man's voice in such a cold hearted situation is what will cause a person to finally admit that their loved one is a monster. Delphi and the surrounding towns are small enough places that if this person was from there, and was not being protected by a family member or loved one, then he would have already been caught.

Those are just my thoughts and confusions for now.

Hello, Welcome, and Thank you for your contribution to this thread! Would you happen to have family around the Delphi area and surrounding counties who would be willing to put flyers out with the suspect's pic and info on them?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FRIEND!

<mod snip>

Just a thought on planned (possible SM meetup) vs random event - going off of the fact we know now these pictures were taken before the murders. Also going off of past posts of possibly having his jacket "stuffed" with who knows what (extra clothes, bags, weapon?), makes my opinion lean more towards planned beforehand. Especially hearing how calm his voice was, he sounds ready. Last second crimes seem to be rushed and messy, I'd imagine he'd be yelling or panting with adrenaline. The only way I can imagine it being a completely random act was if he was just out there (hunting? as someone mentioned a possible fanny ammo pack) and took the opportunity as it appeared.

Well stated

I , for one, had no idea that this photo came from the Liberty's phone. Not something I would have suggested. I thought a trail cam for sure
And as things move along, I change my mind and I am free to do so.
I never bought the trail cam. I thought it was a photo from another person on the bridge that day and he was in the background.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Rotary_dial, is this your clever way of accusing me of hallucinations? That is completely uncalled for. If you can't see the two vehicles, scroll and roll, please.

I definitely see two vehicles

There is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion. I don't think it can conclusively be said that it isn't a human figure. I disagree that the case is closed on that.

I agree, DavidC. :) Just trying to meet those halfway who are exasperated that some still want to discuss the possibility. If I see things being discussed that I feel aren't important or should have been put to bed already, I just scroll on by. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties