NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, while PT has less facial and body movement, his eyes are moving around going like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a shame someone at the bank didn't watch her to her car (where I believe Liam was waiting) and the situation didn't merit some suspicion or concern. One of my friends, when getting about $10k in cash, had a bank employee walk her out to see if she was under any sort of duress, leaving. I thought that was really cool. And in this situation, the employee would have at least been able to tell the police later, when she went missing, that she had seen this guy in her car. Then, from the outset, they would have known something was amiss. Sarah probably had no idea anything was suspicious until she got to her house, so even if she was asked anything at the bank, she would not have acted suspiciously. However, if an employee watched her to her car, even from inside the bank, the fact that a male was with her when she got the withdrawal could have been reported early on and he may have been described. Missed opportunity and I am sure it's not bank standard operating procedure, but maybe it should be. I would think there would have been a camera in the lot that would have picked up Liam in the car, but that has not been disclosed. (Note: Most of you, I am sure, remember the Cheshire CT murders. In that situation the mom was under duress to get $15k for two men who had invaded her home. One guy drove her to the bank and waited in the car and his accomplice was holding her husband and daughters while she got the money. Luckily she alerted the teller and that teller called 911 while the mom was in the bank, so that police could get to the house and the family could escape. But the mom was driven home and, by the time LE planned what they were going to do (over 30 min), all three females had been raped and murdered, the house was on fire and the father had somehow escaped. Worst story I've ever read. So close to safety and it all went wrong. Sorry to digress, but this bank withdrawal keeps me thinking back to that nightmare of a case.)
Banking tidbits- Lets say Sarah went to her bank an asked for 7,000 in cash. Most times , depending on if they just received a delivery in large bills, try to buy time. One, the teller doesn't have that in cash. They ask you to call a day ahead for something that big in cash. Two reasons. One it's dangerous, 2nd something shady could be going on. They like an opportunity to review your account. Make sure your not withdrawing under duress ( gun to your head). You could not withdraw this amount through the drive thru. You would have to enter the bank. The employee of the bank will ask you some questions - "what are you using the money for? Buying a new car? Especially with SS age, they would be making sure this wasn't for drug money. Plus the bank has to fill out a form for the Feds. regarding this large withdrawal.

You can see the interview video with LM? Or am I misreading what you wrote?
On the other hand PT could easily be lying about his own involvement. We're supposed to believe PT moved SS alone? I would not be shocked in the least bit to hear that PT was there waiting after the bank phone call. It would explain the dog being away and why there wasn't anything off about the house- less chance for her to struggle if her killer has a helper. I'd like to zoom in on the interview video and see if LM has any marks on his face at the search.

LE knows motive, because clearly LM didn't just state that he was going to kill Sarah to Preston. He said more than that. Preston better have come clean about the exact motive. Is this a hate crime? Did LM had strong and sick feelings about Sarah's life and choices? Was it just desperation for money (I don't think so)? Why? What did he need money for? Jealousy? Sociopathy, plain and simple? Preston should be telling all about that 6 month plan. 6 months is a long time and indicates an absolute obsession about her or $.
Idk, maybe? Anythings possible. Could TP have been afraid... they lived together. Slept under the same roof. I have trouble going that route because TP could've went to LE and saved her life. He had 6 months to think about it! Would he had lived with him if he was so afraid?

OK, Thanks. Sorry. I think I was confused. I thought you were referring to a video of an interview with LM right after the murder. Thanks for clarifying.
QUOTE=Swervinonthat;13180484]The detention hearing videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

If Liam's fingerprints are on the safes, both Preston & AC testify against him & his lost cell phone places him at Sarah's home on 12/2--is there really any defense that could cause jurors to have reasonable doubt?

If Liam's fingerprints are on the safes, both Preston & AC testify against him & his lost cell phone places him at Sarah's home on 12/2--is there really any defense that could cause jurors to have reasonable doubt?

It would be tough but if there isn't evidence of a struggle and no body they could argue that Preston is delusional and continuing the lie that LM, PT, and SS fabricated to give SS time to disappear and SS is really alive. I think that is the angle LM defense is going with. It only takes on juror to hang the jury.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It would be tough but if there isn't evidence of a struggle and no body they could argue that Preston is delusional and continuing the lie that LM, PT, and SS fabricated to give SS time to disappear and SS is really alive. I think that is the angle LM defense is going with. It only takes on juror to hang the jury.

Argh that makes me so angry & scared!

To me, this would only matter during sentencing in a death penalty case (which NJ doesn't have), like, ok, you claim she's still alive, we'll spare the death penalty just in case, but you're not getting out of jail until she walks through the door alive.

To me, this would only matter during sentencing in a death penalty case (which NJ doesn't have), like, ok, you claim she's still alive, we'll spare the death penalty just in case, but you're not getting out of jail until she walks through the door alive.
It all depends on the jurors.

Originally Posted by NJJohn
To me, this would only matter during sentencing in a death penalty case (which NJ doesn't have), like, ok, you claim she's still alive, we'll spare the death penalty just in case, but you're not getting out of jail until she walks through the door alive."

Good! Thank you for sharing :)

Trial is a long way off at this point, right? There's a lot of time for her body to still surface or be found and if it does, they certainly couldn't use that angel anymore. What about LM's taped confession, SS's clothes, how could the defense call Preston delusional with that evidence?

With the evidence we as the public are aware of, I don't think this trial will be as cut and dry as some of you think.
Unless they have mounds of evidence that haven't been released ( which could very well be true) then I don't think this case will be a walk in the park for prosecutors.

Trial is a long way off at this point, right? There's a lot of time for her body to still surface or be found and if it does, they certainly couldn't use that angel anymore. What about LM's taped confession, SS's clothes, how could the defense call Preston delusional with that evidence?

LMs defense could blame the entire crime on Preston working alone.

I drove south on 35 in Neptune today and noticed that just before the Belmar Bridge, the Headliner nightclub has a security camera at its main entrance. I'm not sure how much area it covers, but it seemed like it would capture passing cars.
afe6e82ffd54dcb71918c1c32283c782.jpg

I drove south on 35 in Neptune today and noticed that just before the Belmar Bridge, the Headliner nightclub has a security camera at its main entrance. I'm not sure how much area it covers, but it seemed like it would capture passing cars.
afe6e82ffd54dcb71918c1c32283c782.jpg

I was wondering if Headliners had an outside camera! Maybe it caught something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper