IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

Obviously DNA samples were not required back in late 80's, but if you committed a felony back then will law enforcement make you come in and submit a sample after the technology was developed?

Particularly if you are an SRO?

This also tells me that, as far as the police description of what he is wearing, should be taken at face value. They very well may have seen MUCH more of him over several minutes very clearly and the description of his clothing would be exact...
The reason more wasn't released was due to what was heard and seen immediately after the screen caps.
MOO

bbm - in the press conference they said, after a reporter asked if they could release more of the video, that this is the best they have (the two images released).

Question:

Obviously DNA samples were not required back in late 80's, but if you committed a felony back then will law enforcement make you come in and submit a sample in say.....2010 or beyond?

I have been curious along those lines as well - if your DNA was collected back in the dark ages, is it still good? Like, 30-year-old DNA? I assume but wonder if modern DNA collection is more advanced, etc.

Much earlier in this investigation, one of the websleuthers posted "enlarged photos of the BG's (Bridge Guy) boots/shoes for discussion on here. I have scrolled and rolled through several threads, but I cannot find them. Does anyone remember who posted them? Or have copies of them?

I posted these before:

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• INDIANA  marked shoes poi-media2.jpg
    INDIANA marked shoes poi-media2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,497
  • INDIANA  marked shoes left poi-media2.jpg
    INDIANA marked shoes left poi-media2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,496
I think this would be the link to "keep an eye on?"

Eta: deleted by me, that's Carroll County Kentucky, my bad, looking for an updated link, sorry about that :blushing:

Eta: crap, having trouble finding it, sorry shaking too bad, this happens to me sometimes, I get so flustered I can't post.

http://www.cacoshrf.com/

There are some other links you can find jailed inmates, but not sure how official those are, maybe someone else can find an official roster link to keep an eye on, tia.

[video=twitter;836662671156051968]https://twitter.com/RonWilkins2/status/836662671156051968[/video]

Ron Wilkins‏ @RonWilkins2 6m6 minutes ago
#HappeningNow Police: no arrests in Delphi slayings. Rumors flying because officers talked to man in a neighboring co. @jconline

No arrests yet. Please let's wait if police have any new information for us at the end of the day before possibly destroy an innocent man's life by accusing him of killing two girls OK?

Question:

Obviously DNA samples were not required back in late 80's, but if you committed a felony back then will law enforcement make you come in and submit a sample after the technology was developed?

Very good question, I would suspect not, but will defer to experts. Hypothetically of course would evidence from a past crime be preserved and could LE use that when investigating a new crime?

Question:

I was wondering about this too. I think they would maybe ask to volunteer a sample. Then if refused, get it another way or obtain a warrant? Just guessing...

Question:

I don't believe they can. Even sex offenders have rights unfortunately. I think it's court ordered that they provide DNA when they offend

If some of you Hoosiers (and former Hoosiers) have thought about becoming a verified insider in this case, now is the time to do it. You would have more latitude with what you can post about this case and your posts would carry that extra weight of credibility.

Please consider it!

Not sure what "verified insider means" but I've lived in Northern Indiana my whole life except a 1 year period where I lived in central Indiana. I used to drive through delphi frequently. I'm currently 90 mins or so away and considering going down there soon to answer questions I have. I'd like to walk to the south side of the bridge & try going down the hill on that side to cross the creek on foot to see if that's feasible. My biggest question is did the suspect have them cross back over the bridge or take them through the creek? And if so, what would be the reason for that? Was he trying to abduct them via the cemetery entrance but maybe they couldn't make it up that hill? Would they have been in plain sight of hikers crossing or near the bridge where they would have had to cross the creek? How difficult is it to get to this area from both sides, etc..

If you have any suggestions on what else to check out if / when I go down there let me know.

Rumors that a RSO out of Kokomo Indiana has been taken in for QUESTIONING, not arrested. Alot of rumors are saying he has been arrested for the case, but it is not true as of yet.

The man in question is commenting on SM to the rumors. He is NOT being detained at this time. Said gave DNA samples per his own words.

Can I just say for the record that I do feel confident this is someone who has already proven themselves to be a violent predator in the past. I really can't wait for the day we start believing them and stop releasing them back out into the public to re-offend and kill our innocent community. I am really tired of it. Most of these random, violent crimes are people who were already convicted of similar things. It makes me sick to read the records of people who are back out among us. It is so inexcusable.

(Fwiw, I'm actually finding a lot of these image enhancements/variations of the perp's photo useful. This is what LE has given us, and along with audio and a few general profiling guidelines such as might have missed work, been hitch hiking, etc, so this is ALL we have. This is websleuths, this is what we do, JMO, moo, imo. And there seems to be some talent here, imo. So for those taking the time to play with the images, thanks...the last one upstream by No its not with the line on the shoe, for example, I never saw noticed that...so imo, we need to analyze this image TO DEATH, which we are, lol. Owls, penguins, whatever...whatever it takes, imo.)

Eta: here's the link to the post I'm referencing:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-16&p=13190411#post13190411

I've been thinking about the girl who said she was there that day and only saw a guy when she first got there and another couple once she got on the bridge & that she'd even walked the bridge and back. According to the article she said she was on the bridge shortly after the pic of Abby was posted, which was at 2:07. I've read on here that the pics
of BG are thought to have been taken at 2:30. If all the times are correct, I'm trying to think how she could have missed seeing Abby & Libby around anywhere. Wondering, does
anyone else think this doesn't sound right? or can figure how it could be possible with the given time frame?

ETA: unless by shortly after she meant like around an hour after.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/libert...family-bridge/

Lets keep this thread open...I just finished a load of laundry, I have more but I am not interested........

Can I just say for the record that I do feel confident this is someone who has already proven themselves to be a violent predator in the past. I really can't wait for the day we start believing them and stop releasing them back out into the public to re-offend and kill our innocent community. I am really tired of it. Most of these random, violent crimes are people who were already convicted of similar things. It makes me sick to read the records of people who are back out among us. It is so inexcusable.

I agree. I was just thinking this morning how the perp sort of reminds me of Jared Fogle (who is from Indiana) and how depressing it is that Fogle will probably be released from prison in just a few short years. It's a broken system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98