IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking into other missing girls a lot.I think she is a good possibility for a connection.Even if she ran away does mean she did not get killed.

Someone had stated (without fact) that Breanne had been found murdered. Her poor grand-aunt had seen it on a discussion page and was really upset. I know its not an answer to your question but it makes the regulations on websleuths so much more vital. While we're all discussing these awful events some people are going through them.

"Unfortunately, in this case, I've seen where people are putting a photo next to our suspect's photo and saying, ‘Hey, this is the guy,' " Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said.

"It's a dangerous game to post someone’s photo on a social media site and say, ‘That’s who the police arrested for double homicide.’ That’s not fair to them," Slocum said.

Not only is it a dangerous game, it potentially carries expensive consequences of a civil lawsuit.

"You're putting yourself in possible exposure when you falsely accuse somebody of a crime," said David L. Hudson Jr., an expert in First Amendment issues, who has published pieces on the subject of libel and slander.

“A lot of people think that online is a libel-free zone,” Hudson said during an interview with the Journal & Courier during a call to the First Amendment Center.

It isn't. In fact, lawsuits are exploding from allegations of online libel — the written defamation of a person, Hudson said, noting that falsely accusing a person of a crime typically is considered libel in all 50 states. Slander is the spoken defamation of a person.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rs-wrong-no-arrests-delphi-slayings/98537636/

I've looked into these cases and I really don't want to come across as insensitive or anything, but those girls really seem like cases of run-aways.

In about 90 days, 5 girls, all 13 or 14 years of age, pretty close geographically, are missing, 2 found deceased. The other 3 not located?

Earlier somebody kindly posted some advice for me regarding posting as I was having trouble with my phone . I was in the middle of replying when my phone froze. So once it powered out (which took ages) I charged it and it works but I did get your advice. I am very bad at clearing my phone so probably it is overloaded with too much junk. I have tried to clear it up. Anyhow thank you to anyone who helped.

I believe it was me (did I say to clear your history/cookies or cache?) Anyway, I hope it helps. I fill my ipad fast every day just with this thread, and clear it out at least once ot twice each day and then restart it. Otherwise, it gets bogged down and wonky.

A few thoughts (sorry for the length, just thinking):

1. Several threads ago there was a post about a helicopter video and possibly tire tracks that led from a building towards the creek. Does anyone remember this? What was the building - Indiana Packers facility or the storage facility?
2. Can someone re-post the map that showed the bridge, drop-off area, where bodies were found, etc along with labels indicating what surrounding buildings are? If it is a private residence, just state that - do not include the name of the owner.
3. Many past crimes (including NY's Son of Sam) were solved, in part, due to parking/traffic tickets. I'm wondering if investigators have looked at any calls over the last several months (even going back a year) that may have involved a car seemingly parked where it seemed out of place, was parked for a longer period of time or at "off" hours, someone driving around that didn't seem to have a purpose or that someone else reported as suspicious, etc. Even maybe public drinking. BG may have spent time scoping out the area for months before getting up the nerve to strike. The search for this type of info should also include any surrounding areas that could be similar (parks, trails, etc) that may still be within his comfort zone.

Also, someone awhile back made a VERY good point people may think someone they know or have come in contact with resembles the suspect and may have even "joked" about it with him or that the suspect himself may have joked about it but that people "ruled him out" because he claimed he had an alibi. Something like - "It's a good thing my wife and I were in (blank) that day or I swear the police would think it was me." This may cause people to not report him to LE because they think he's already "clear".

I would love to see LE encourage people to report ANYONE that think resembles this guy EVEN IF THE GUY CLAIMS HE HAS AN ALIBI!

I looked up a map of hunting spots in Indiana. There aren't any legal hunting spots in Delphi that I noticed. My opinion is that he maybe visits hiking trails to see if there are opportunities for rape/murder and this time he unfortunately saw two beautiful girls.

I'm still under the impression that he is a trucker and that there is a tie to the Iowa case. I was reading google reviews of the plant in Delphi which truckers were complaining about having to wait there for a long time to get their truck loaded. One person said something like 11 hours. Plenty of time for learning the trail and committing these heinous acts. Possibly he's been driving to Delphi for a while and has been getting to know that spot and waiting for the right time to strike. MOO

#Justice for Abby and Libby

Waiting to load or unload means being in or very near your truck/trailer. You aren't free to zipadeedoodah around the countryside, IMO (20 years exp.).

"Unfortunately, in this case, I've seen where people are putting a photo next to our suspect's photo and saying, ‘Hey, this is the guy,' " Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said.

But the police will act on a tip over the phone with the same wording......"Hey, this is the guy."

Bit of a double standard here.

I am surprised anyone picks them up. I am a kind person but it is very risky even for men drivers too.

There is a difference in being kind and being smart. DON'T pick up hitchhikers! No matter how nice or helpless they seem.

Years ago on a back roads country drive with my young son, my husband drove past a sketchy looking hitchhiker. Then we heard a murder of a police officer occurred in the same area about the same time. Turns out to have been this hitchhiker he passed up. I shudder to think what may have happened had he been "kind."

Hi all, great job brainstorming. It's crazy because i've been a police officer and investigated crimes in a different way but the web is so interesting. I found myself checking facebook posts from Delphi Indiana prior to the crime. It's amazing when you look for certain things you can find them. I actually found myself going through profiles and locating men that have been photographed wearing a blue coat and living nearby. I truly hope they catch this monster soon. Does Delphi require fishing licenses to fish in the creeks etc in the area? I feel he may have knowledge of the area and possibly has fished there.

Just a correction for the record ... Breanne has been missing since Feb 4th.
Wow...so there is a missing girl from a nearby town a little over a week prior to the murders?

That should raise eyebrows.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wow...so there is a missing girl from a nearby town a little over a week prior to the murders?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MSM is reporting that case as a run-away

I am catching up, so I hope I am not interrupting some breaking important news.

PLEASE NOTE!!!!!--------- There are many, many, many, many examples of a single person taking multiple people hostage. It does NOT have to be a 1 to 1 ratio of perpetrator versus victim. The size or appearance of NEITHER girl contributed to this monster needing someone else with him. Can we please stop saying that "the big one couldn't be controlled by one man"? It makes me cringe every time I read it! These were beautiful children. Children. Who not only could be overpowered physically by an adult, but ALL of us, adults included, are easily overpowered with threats of violence. I am going to list a few cases, but there are literally thousands. My brother and his wife got held up on the street. 2 of them. One guy with a gun. He got all their belongings. See how that works? Gun usually equals compliance. I feel a little protective of these girls who were violated in the worst way being picked apart physically, like it has anything to do with anything. It doesn't. And no, none of us could have done any better!

At least EIGHT adults controlled by one:
an unknown person in a mask with a pistol broke into the bank and threatened staff, not letting them out of the room," the Moscow police said in a press statement. "Police cordoned off the area and took action to free the hostages. At the moment, five people are already out of the room. Up to three people may still be inside."
https://sputniknews.com/russia/201605181039844233-moscow-bank-hostages/

THIRTEEN hostages- one gunman:
An armed man was taken into custody after a hostage situation stemming from a bank robbery in Jacksonville, Florida, authorities said this morning. Eleven hostages were rescued, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's office, and two other hostages escaped on their own.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/hostage-situation-reportedly-unfolding-florida-bank/story?id=43899766

He took several girls hostage Wednesday at Platte Canyon High School in Bailey, Colorado. Six hostages were initially taken, but four were released.
https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Gunman_holding_hostages_in_US_high_school_in_Bailey,_Colorado_killed

This is a map I posted several threads back showing how close Kokomo and Atlanta both are to Delphi.

delphi_kokomo_atlanta.png

Round trip from Delphi to Atlanta to Kokomo back to Delphi is only ~113 miles. Not far apart at all.

Interesting... I just read that Indiana prohibits "hitchhiking". So, I'm thinking that anyone hitchhiking would do so on smaller roads (avoiding larger ones like Hoosier Highway), OR is this law fairly lax??

Is hitchhiking fairly normal in Indiana? I haven't seen a hitchhiker in years here in California. He would have stood out here for sure.

I see hitchhikers every time I'm in Terre Haute, IN. I think it has more to do with a major interstate (70) that can take you coast to coast without leaving the road. The ramps are right on the highway with traffic lights on either side of the ramps so people are stopped. Police don't do anything with hitchhikers and I doubt they'd do anything to someone picking them up. I don't think it's enforced at all.

I think if I saw a female and male out together my personal safety radar warning would not go off as much . Yet it is very possible to have female and male criminal accomplices. I actually have mentioned this to others this week...not to get complacent when seeing female with male strangers together thinking they are just a couple enjoying a walk. I really think the police have an idea it was the man on the bridge in this case but not to rule out others .

We've only heard from one person (as far as I know) about seeing people there. She saw the couple and a guy in black, which I took to mean a separate man from the man half of the couple. LE hasn't stated anything about them (like they were talked to and cleared) as far as I've seen either. Along with not ruling out more than 1 person involved, it does seem like someone she saw could have been involved. The man in black has raised my hinky meter since he was brought up, but only because it was mentioned he blew her off. I consider that very un-Hoosier like. But I wouldn't rule out a couple either.

Is scrap metal dealing common in Indiana and surrounding states?

Scrap prices have been really low for a while, so it's not nearly as common as it was 3-4 years ago. I still see people hauling it a few times a week (compared to dozens of vehicles a day there for a year or so).

I looked up a map of hunting spots in Indiana. There aren't any legal hunting spots in Delphi that I noticed. My opinion is that he maybe visits hiking trails to see if there are opportunities for rape/murder and this time he unfortunately saw two beautiful girls.

Snipped- No public hunting, but any private property outside of city limits is legal hunting. Between landowners, those that lease ground, and those who have permission via handshake there would be a ton of hunters nearby.

In about 90 days, 5 girls, all 13 or 14 years of age, pretty close geographically, are missing, 2 found deceased. The other 3 not located?

Over 175 missing kids reported in Indiana alone in 2017. That's an average of ~2 per county. Or 1 per county per month. I think many of them have been found, but I would imagine many are still missing. Some are parental abductions, some are runaways, I'm sure foul play could be involved in some. But I don't see any real way to tie them together at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member