IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been trying to catch up on this latest news, but I'm confused about something. LE stated early on the BG had brown hair, that he was not wearing a hoodie in that photo. How would RL manage to make his white hair look brown in that photo? Are you proposing that he was wearing a wig?

JMO, but I'm not seeing a resemblance.
Has anyone given thought to the idea that the BG might just look a lot like the PO? Enough to be blood kin?

I hoping by linking this I can clear up the question of why RL's License would still be suspended. If you go back to the "My case link"

http://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/Search

and enter case #[FONT=&amp]08D01-1312-FD-000107 you will see he was first arrested on 11/28/2013 and at his trial on 9/15/2014. His license is suspended for 1 year but in between while waiting to be sentenced. He was pulled over again on 2/21/2014 (ref case [/FONT][FONT=&amp]08D01-1402-FD-000016). At the sentencing for that case on 10/8/2014 he is given another 2 years license suspension to run consecutively with the previous suspension. Since he already served 30 days of that suspension the current suspension would not end until 9/15/2017...
[/FONT]IMO ...Does this make sense
:lookingitup:

I think RL lied in his alibi because he was driving and his license is suspended and therefore the police had no choice but to lock him up. I thought I read from one source where he said he went into Delphi and then another source said he went to Lafayette on the evening of the murders (I could be wrong but if I'm not he publicly made two different alibis). Either way they took his truck today so with or without license it's likely he has been driving and I would bet his truck is being thoroughly searched for hair, prints, dna, and dirt samples to see where he's been recently.

Thanks ! You put your finger on the reason I have felt uncomfortable with his demeanor. He is preoccupied with how people might have gotten the bodies there, or his loss of comfort, rather than sympathetic for the victims and their families.

This was in response to Burnt Toast's post ". . .I see a man with zero emotion exhibiting zero empathy for such a horrific crime."

And, I just want to say this.

RL is 77-78 years old. No one gets this old without already having suffered a great deal of loss and a great deal of pain. Take it from someone who knows, me. I have many friends in this age range. :) By this age, if you are still alive, chances are you have buried: your grandparents; your parents; at least one spouse whom you deeply loved; a marriage; your-in-laws who were like second parents to you; your sibling(s); your first cousins; aunts; uncles; best friends, life-long friends; your own child(ren); maybe even grandchildren; 30 dogs, 50 cats, some horses and every time, a chunk of your heart, and life, went into the ground with them all. They have lost their hearing, their sight, sometimes their health. Don't expect much emotion out of this age group. The have lived the battle of life and survived but they have many wounds and scars. Top it off with constant joint pain and limited abilities. Seriously, what do you want from these folks? They can write books on pain and suffering, they've lived through it all. Their tears stopped falling. I have been to funerals where the elderly mothers shed no tears burying their adult children. Elderly widows or widowers shed no tears. Tears really do all get used up if you live long enough.

There's been considerable debate/discussion as to whether or not they found the phone or accessed her content from another source such as her Cloud. A couple of members who better understand how the Cloud/storage of content works have said it makes more sense that they actually found the phone. I don't recall a police confirmation, presumably because it offers insight into the physical evidence they have, which they want to keep to themselves.

BBM;
I know the police confirmation has been posted many times and it is in the media thread.

"Additionally, investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone, that may be connected to the homicides.
http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

ISP does not say "taken from Libby's account, or cloud, or service, or data", etc. They said "Found on" her "cell phone".

Have been trying to catch up on this latest news, but I'm confused about something. LE stated early on the BG had brown hair, that he was not wearing a hoodie in that photo. How would RL manage to make his white hair look brown in that photo? Are you proposing that he was wearing a wig?

BBM

I don't remember LE ever saying anything about hair; my memory is "appears to be wearing a hoodie". But, there was a retired LE not involved in the case who thought he saw brown hair. Is that what you're remembering?

IMO

If you compare the white truck parked on RL's property and the white one that is being towed away on the flatbed they appear to be two different vehicles. The one on the flatbed does not have a cab (but even if LE had removed the cab) the side mirrors appear to be different and the truck on the flat bed has gray or black lower rocker panels. IMO

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• delphi-3.jpg
    delphi-3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,128
  • delphi-5.jpg
    delphi-5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,148
While investigators continue to find the person responsible, the support continues for the families of Abby and Libby. Bridget Stevens is organizing a car wash next month to raise money in their memory.

“I coached Liberty from 2014 to 2015,” said Bridget Stevens, Delphi resident. “She’s a good kid, she’s a good ball player. She likes to play, she likes to play any position.”

Stevens said the money raised will go to the Delphi Girls Rec Softball. While they prepare for the car wash next month, Stevens said she’s hopeful police will make an arrest.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/
The quote goes to show how hard it is to come to grip with the horrible crime that has happened, Bridget Stevens is still talking about Liberty in present tense.

RL probably changed his clothes due to being under the spotlight a little lately!
I know I'd alter what I was wearing a bit too if I were having reporters and LE talking to me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Can someone help me out on the pinging timeline issue? To have that information, you need a warrant, and this was relatively early into the case, wasn't it? Plus how would a family member have ping info?

This has never made sense to me.

I agree it's strange. If you're referring to the grandfather speaking about Libby's phone "pinging around town" and "5-6 hours ago"... I am not 100% certain but I would imagine you don't need a warrant to use pings to locate a missing person. I'm thinking LE could have done it that evening, especially in a town of 3,000 people, and confirmed the phones were on around 3-4pm.

I'm guessing LE briefed the families, and let them know the ping information as evidence of them still being in the area. That may be why the families suspected no foul play, the search was called off at dark, etc.

I'd be curious about the cell infrastructure within Delphi. I think you need 2+ base stations to reliably triangulate a location, otherwise you're just able to identify some wide radius the phone was within, probably an entire town). Not sure about this though. IIRC in the February 13 interview with the grandfather he mentions "we have one here", referring to the base station / tower within Delphi. If they only have one (which seems likely for a small town), they wouldn't be able to assess much.

I dont know who their provider is, but with tmobile you can track a family member, and the "pings" ARE off. My mom will ping in one tower and my sister in another, but they are in the same house. So it depends on what tower you are closer to?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I understand the tower issue, I just didn't think that tracker apps were accessing that info. It used to be available only through warrant by LE. The reason I asked is the info was known so early on.

And if her phone was traveling, then LE didn't get her video off her actual phone. Or so it would seem.

I assume they are now searching for something *specific* - perhaps something that has just been brought to light in their investigation that they may not have known to be looking for before.

Totally off the wall theory - but given that they said they may be there all night I did wonder...if they are looking for more bodies/remains? Like..serial killer stuff... far fetched but it did come to mind.

That's a good theory. And one that actually could justify much of it 5 weeks delayed.(excluding the house.) And also alucardsdream's thought. I'm open to both of those. Maybe he had a really weird relative or he's someone we are all wrong about.

Not geared towards any of you. But if this leads to nowhere, it's all Barney Fife. They had FIVE weeks to search the grounds more. Excluding house and cars. Maybe there are fibers, etc. in the truck. Maybe RL had a meth lab on his property he didn't even know about. There are so many maybes.

It's interesting that RL the past 2 weeks has happened on a Friday.

I do see resemblance between POI aka BG and the PO aka RL, and I do see the thinner face of the PO/RL:

attachment.php

And I dho remember, how fuller the PO/RL's face looked weeks ago..

attachment.php

Do I think it's the same guy? Heck no..because it really messes up my poi list..;--)

-Nin
I have been trying to keep up but have no idea where/when the photo of RL in the red shirt came from. Do we know how recent it is? It does look like BG in that photo, or more so than the interviews. Moo.

I agree it's strange. If you're referring to the grandfather speaking about Libby's phone "pinging around town" and "5-6 hours ago"... I am not 100% certain but I would imagine you don't need a warrant to use pings to locate a missing person. I'm thinking LE could have done it that evening, especially in a town of 3,000 people, and confirmed the phones were on around 3-4pm.

I'm guessing LE briefed the families, and let them know the ping information as evidence of them still being in the area. That may be why the families suspected no foul play, the search was called off at dark, etc.

I'd be curious about the cell infrastructure within Delphi. I think you need 2+ base stations to reliably triangulate a location, otherwise you're just able to identify some wide radius the phone was within, probably an entire town). Not sure about this though. IIRC in the February 13 interview with the grandfather he mentions "we have one here", referring to the base station / tower within Delphi. If they only have one (which seems likely for a small town), they wouldn't be able to assess much.

I have a find my phone account with Samsung and can find the location on two of my phones at any given time. I am pretty sure Iphone has something similar.

The quote goes to show how hard it is to come to grip with the horrible crime that has happened, Bridget Stevens is still talking about Liberty in present tense.

I noticed that, too, and it broke my heart. :(

Iphone has the Find My iPhone feature. If you have it enabled, you can use any other apple product to check the gps location of the phone. I was thinking about how that could have been used to find them when they went missing.

I have a find my phone account with Samsung and can find the location on two of my phones at any given time. I am pretty sure Iphone has something similar.

Isn't that how Sherry Papini's husband found her phone when she went missing?

Wow! After today's new developments, I have moved into a whole new direction. IMO-I'm certain BG is not RL. However, IMO I can see why searches took place in certain locations. I really do feel bad for RL, but think this will be solved by the end of the weekend.

Agree that I think the perp was surprised at how fast others started showing up looking for the girls. I think the perp left in haste which could explain why the cell phone was left.

The perp may have still been in the process of staging the scene and maybe heard voices and maybe ran off. Voices will carry real nicely over water. The perp may have thought the search people calling for the girls around the bridge area he may have thought they were closing in on his spot even if they really were not heading his way. He may have just thought that as the voices carried over the water.

We own 50 acres out "in the country" where I expected to find "peace and quite" when we bought the property awhile back. It is never quite! All of the parcels of land around us are 20 acres or more and there are very few homes out there but every sound echoes! We can drive for a mile or two and not see one person but we hear voices, gunshots, ATVs, barking dogs, and slamming doors. All sounds seem amplified out there.

I think the suspects voice sounds like Darryl from The Walking Dead. Not making a joke or anything. The voice sounded familiar and I just placed it. I don't believe BG and RL have the same voice.

BBM;
That seems to be opposite to what we know that LE has said;

"On Wednesday, February 15th, law enforcement officers distributed a photograph of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. "

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member