OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...hopes-new-poster-sparks-information/99519916/

The one article states they took BJM to Columbus for a second poly, first one in Pike County and she said she passed, both I assume. Not quite sure what to think about them doing two on her. I wonder who else has had a second one.
I wonder how hard those things are to beat. Me, I am so doggone nervous I don't believe I would be a good candidate to take one.

These autopsies. They are going to stay sealed. There has got to be a reason why. My guess at least one victim suffered other injuries besides gunshots. They don't want whatever it is disclosed. So we wait. Interested in other's input on these topics.

Giving a second poly exam to BJM sounds like they've got tunnel vision. MOO. If she had failed the first one, she would have been arrested. It's not like these family members have money for high priced legal representation. If there was enough to suspect something, they would have trumped something up - an unpaid ticket, etc. That they're coming back a year later to try again sounds like they haven't focused on any other theories, pursued any other suspects. It's like they're trying hard to make the case stick to family members, when they're likely not the ones involved.

People murdered in their own homes by other family members have the highest probability of being solved than any other type of murder. They're usually the quickest and easiest to solve.

One can't be arrested just on a failed poly.
Maybe one came back inconclusive and they sent for another one.
I can't believe how long ago this happens. Seems like they don't know any more than they did the day it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One can't be arrested just on a failed poly.
Maybe one came back inconclusive and they sent for another one.
I can't believe how long ago this happens. Seems like they don't know any more than they did the day it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep thinking the same thing. Do they really know any more than they ever did know. DeWine seems to sound if he isn't sure how many perps were involved. He and Reader always say they think they will eventually get it solved. That doesn't sound like they have any idea who did it. It sure does not make it sound like they know what they are doing. I hope they are playing dumb like a fox.

It goes without saying BJM has been on their radar since the get go. There has to be some reason for this. However, I would think one would need nerves of steel to beat a polygraph and a seasoned examiner. Can it be done, anyone think?
I think it's a pretty safe bet others were polygraphed again as well. I do wonder if DS submitted to one. I also remember BH refused one.
I personally don't trust polys, have always heard they are only about 70% or so accurate.
It is my opinion family, cousins and whatever are involved.

At this point, I don't know what to think. Anybody(s) with so little regard for human life would be capable of about anything, including overkill to throw off the cops. So, I don't believe I'm ready to totally rule out pro killer. I do think they are dodging outside help because LE doesn't seem to give a hoot if this is ever solved..
I don't think they have a clue, because nobody is actively working to get some answers. Seems like it, due to the lack of updates.
I am glad Jody Barr comes to stir things up, or we would know even less than we know now.

It goes without saying BJM has been on their radar since the get go. There has to be some reason for this. However, I would think one would need nerves of steel to beat a polygraph and a seasoned examiner. Can it be done, anyone think?
I think it's a pretty safe bet others were polygraphed again as well. I do wonder if DS submitted to one. I also remember BH refused one.
I personally don't trust polys, have always heard they are only about 70% or so accurate.
It is my opinion family, cousins and whatever are involved.

What all do we know about BLM? Is she the gal who left the house all of a sudden so she wasn't there to be killed?

Can't help myself from posting this. My first thought when I saw the video was the talk of a huge pot growing operation.

And they may very well have had a huge pot grow.

[video=youtube;2cxe4166148]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cxe4166148[/video]

BR was distraught weeks and months prior about failed relationships and court issues about his kids, blaming family members. JR may had issues also with the family involved. I would suggest checking their social media in depth. These killings were personal and not LE involved or a hit man. BR fits the profile of a mass murderer.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/201703...s-in-case-seeking-pike-county-autopsy-reports

There are a couple pretty interesting things in this article, thanks for sharing! I missed it.
If I may say, I find the court argument interesting.
Putting aside the fact we are here because of the Rhoden murder case a moment, and just focus on the facts of the laws regarding the release of what appears to be public record.
I am reading through this, researching some... Public record is public record. Seems requirements were not met to withhold them. IDK.
If releasing these documents is a bad idea, perhaps lawmakers in the state of Ohio should take a look at the laws and change them as they are fit. However, it would not be constitutional to change them midstream in any particular case. They have been earning good money and have had time to review laws that may need tweaking.

This is why I've stopped reading these message boards. People are so fixated on the idea that family did this and refuse to entertain any other theories. I guarantee that if family members pulled the trigger(s), there would be arrests already. For goodness sake, these people have lost 8 relatives. Unless you've got evidence the rest of us don't, I wouldn't go around accusing grieving family members.

This is why I've stopped reading these message boards. People are so fixated on the idea that family did this and refuse to entertain any other theories. I guarantee that if family members pulled the trigger(s), there would be arrests already. For goodness sake, these people have lost 8 relatives. Unless you've got evidence the rest of us don't, I wouldn't go around accusing grieving family members.

I have to agree. WS is supposed to be a victim-friendly forum. There's zero evidence any family members pulled the trigger. They would have been arrested by now. Recall, it was family members who told LE and the news media about the family's guard dogs, door locks and security cameras. That's incriminating evidence and, if guilty, they wouldn't have volunteered it.

Then there's the fact that the Pike County Coroner was prepared to give the surviving family members copies of the preliminary autopsies had they asked for them. He said next of kin were not considered suspects.

JMO, bringing the same family members back in for second poly exams is either an indication LE has tunnel vision or it's meant to distract the public.

ETA: Here's the update on the Columbus Dispatch case in the Ohio Supreme Court

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=817077.pdf

The Columbus Dispatch attorneys are arguing:

The final AR's are not investigative materials because the coroner didn't share them with LE

The county coroner is not a law enforcement official

The county coroner did not engage in any investigation of the murders. They were not included in LE's murder investigation and they (coroner) did not conduct an investigation of their own.
BBM

Somehow I think the above is important because it appears the coroner was another example of PCSO and BCI cutting key people out of the investigation, as they did with federal investigators.

This is also interesting from the Dispatch article linked above:

"The evidence now being presented to the Supreme Court clearly supports the position we have taken from the start — that autopsy reports are public records," said Alan D. Miller, editor of The Dispatch. "It demonstrates that autopsy reports are routinely made public in Ohio during the course of active investigations.

"Our goal with this legal action is to ensure that public officials follow the law and, more specifically to Pike County, that they provide access to public records that could shed light on the circumstances — and perhaps even the perpetrators — of a high-profile, unsolved homicide case."

BBM

I keep thinking the same thing. Do they really know any more than they ever did know. DeWine seems to sound if he isn't sure how many perps were involved. He and Reader always say they think they will eventually get it solved. That doesn't sound like they have any idea who did it. It sure does not make it sound like they know what they are doing. I hope they are playing dumb like a fox.

With all the evidence they've had for the last year, they should know how many people were involved. But they sound like they haven't made any progress on the case. Their recent interviews and news articles are also very vague about how many officers and detectives they have working on the case. Reader says he has 1 full time deputy working on it, DeWine is vague, saying at one time they had 60 or 90 people working on it. They key phrase there is "at one time". How many are working on it full time now?

I have to agree. WS is supposed to be a victim-friendly forum. There's zero evidence any family members pulled the trigger. They would have been arrested by now. Recall, it was family members who told LE and the news media about the family's guard dogs, door locks and security cameras. That's incriminating evidence and, if guilty, they wouldn't have volunteered it.

Then there's the fact that the Pike County Coroner was prepared to give the surviving family members copies of the preliminary autopsies had they asked for them. He said next of kin were not considered suspects.

JMO, bringing the same family members back in for second poly exams is either an indication LE has tunnel vision or it's meant to distract the public.

ETA: Here's the update on the Columbus Dispatch case in the Ohio Supreme Court

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=817077.pdf

The Columbus Dispatch attorneys are arguing:

The final AR's are not investigative materials because the coroner didn't share them with LE

The county coroner is not a law enforcement official

The county coroner did not engage in any investigation of the murders. They were not included in LE's murder investigation and they (coroner) did not conduct an investigation of their own.
BBM

Somehow I think the above is important because it appears the coroner was another example of PCSO and BCI cutting key people out of the investigation, as they did with federal investigators.

This is also interesting from the Dispatch article linked above:

BBM

Not directing this question at you, but if the ARs are not investigative materials, then who ordered the autopsies and why?

Not directing this question at you, but if the ARs are not investigative materials, then who ordered the autopsies and why?

By law, it's the coroner's duty to order autopsies for any suspicious death. He ordered the autopsies, but didn't participate in the investigation. He wasn't asked to be part of it, nor did he conduct his own investigation.

has murder suicide been ruled out in ALL eight victims? IE; no chance the killer is among the dead?

I can't remember.
Every once in a while, my thoughts will go to murder/suicide.
IMO, KR may be the killer. He was killed last, right? Would make sense in a murder/suicide.

JMO

I can't remember.
Every once in a while, my thoughts will go to murder/suicide.
IMO, KR may be the killer. He was killed last, right? Would make sense in a murder/suicide.

JMO

If true, that would have been revealed in the final AR and the Pike Co coroner would have announced it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem