NJ NJ - Willingboro, Wht/HispFem 19-24, UP1514, curly wig, crucifix, ring, anklet, Feb'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking of this case when I read about the NJ wig woman.. she was probably missed but not reported like the woman in this article

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/woman-drum-30-years-frantic-call-silence-article-1.855292

" The friend then called police in New Jersey although she cannot remember in what town and tried to file a missing person's report. But because the friend was not a relative and the victim was an adult who had been missing for only a few hours, police refused to take any formal action. No followup calls were made, by police or the friend.

Has anyone considdered this woman for the Allentown NH mother of the middle child? According to the informmation here, this woman could have been deadd up to a year prior to discovery, which could fit with the Allentown case timing. I will post thhere as well.

Has anyone considdered this woman for the Allentown NH mother of the middle child? According to the informmation here, this woman could have been deadd up to a year prior to discovery, which could fit with the Allentown case timing. I will post thhere as well.

I wondered about that possible connection as well.

I am hoping that they will be sending her DNA through the system to see if there is a familial match, given the circumstances.

Yep :)

Very simply stated, a crucifix is a cross with a figure of Jesus on it.

Back in the 70s and 80s, I only knew of fundamentalist christians, like Cindy Anderson, wearing plain crosses. Based on that personal observation, I assumed that a catholic would be more likely to wear a crucifix, so this UID lady was probably not Cindy.

Just now, I did a little digging around online and found some more deep religious aspects to different crucifixes and info on the religious meanings behind those differences.

If this lady's crucifix necklace was very detailed, and actually had meaning to her, they could maybe even pin down what her exact faith was. OTOH, it could just be a decorative piece of jewelry.

Yeah, when I was growing up in the NY metro area, you would almost never (I'm sure there were scattered exceptions) have found someone who wasn't Catholic wearing a crucifix. It just wasn't something people wore lightly. A cross, maybe, but not a crucifix. Sort of like wearing a Star of David if you aren't Jewish. I'm sure some people did it, but it was not common practice.

I wonder why she was "completely bald" -- hair can survive decomposition, and I would have thought if she did have hair, the wig would have helped preserve it. There are only a few things that can cause a young woman to lose hair -- chemotherapy, trichotillomania, or a pretty rare autoimmune disease. Maybe as others have suggested she was a working girl with a selection of wigs and her hair was simply gone by the time she was found, but it seems like the hair often survives. If she was young and undergoing chemo, I would think that would be a huge clue. I think I'll poke around a bit to see if I can find any missing cancer patients in old newspaper articles.

"Hunter finds woman's body in Burlington County woods," Philadelphia Inquirer, 3 February 1982, 2B.
Hunter finds woman's body in Burlington County woods_.jpg
The skeletal remains of a woman, who police said had been dead six to eight months, were found at about 12:30 p.m. yesterday in a wooded area near Route 542 in Washington Township, Burlington County.

"Police say death of woman found Tuesday was homicide," Philadelphia Inquirer, 4 February 1982, 2BJ.
Police say death of woman found Tuesday was homicide_.jpg
New Jersey State Police said yesterday that a young woman whose skeletal remains were found Tuesday in the Pine Barrens near the Wharton Tract in Burlington County had been the victim of a homicide.

State police Detective John Dennis of the Tuckerton station said an autopsy revealed the victim might have died as early as last summer. She was believed to be about 25 years old, either caucasian or Hispanic, about 125 pounds and about 5 feet, 3 inches tall. She had been wearing light-blue jeans, a vest and sandals with two-inch heels.

A hunter found her body near Route 542 in Washington Township.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955
Back