AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that they will NOT release where the remains where found and will not say if there is a POI.

if they release info that could damage the case. Like if someone reveals "details only known to.." then they know they've got their culprit.

My interpretation? Someone gave up the location to the police.

I hope. I wonder if there have been any arrests recently. He would not answer that.

Wow. Confirmed it's her. :grouphug: for all of us who followed this case and have cared about Isabel for years. While at least for me, I suspected she was no longer alive, the confirmation is still hitting me hard.

Rest In Peace beautiful girl.

Yeah, it doesn't matter if you think she is not alive and it's been years, the realization hits like a ton of bricks. You are never really prepared for it.

This is so heartbreaking. I'm grateful they found her, but it's incredibly sad. She has been on my mind so much lately. I hope they will make an arrest soon.

:rose:

I know. You posted just a few days before this. You've got a sixth sense. So sad for her.

Not a lot of info being given, but it's still a very open investigation. Sad. Hoping they can find those responsible.

Welcome to Websleuths.

:welcome:

I hope you will continue to post on this case as we look for justice for Isabel.

Watching an interview with an officer in spanish from Univision Arizona. They are reporting the body was found within 8 weeks prior to today in the desert of Pima County and DNA was sent and confirmed it was her. The interview is in spanish but he gives a little more information like she was found within the last 8 weeks and in a desert area.

https://www.facebook.com/UnivisionArizona/?hc_ref=SEARCH

While I am not surprised, it hurts as much as the day we learned she was missing. Starting all over again .... this time to find the person(s) responsible and bring justice for beautiful Isabel.

:tears:

Interesting that he keeps giving condolences to the family. Not unusual but could it suggests he does not suspect the parents?

He did say ' family' and that can include siblings, grands, aunts, uncles, etc. Sometimes the words not said are as important as those said. IMHO

Her remains have been found. I'm driving stopped right now. News channel 3 has a press conference. Where were her remains found?

Her remains have been found. I'm driving stopped right now. News channel 3 has a press conference. Where were her remains found?
The location is not being disclosed past "rural pima county" and I did find one interview in spanish where the police officer said the body was discovered in the desert.

The best scenario would be if the tip came from a jailhouse snitch, might lead them to a suspect faster.

While I am not surprised, it hurts as much as the day we learned she was missing. Starting all over again .... this time to find the person(s) responsible and bring justice for beautiful Isabel.

:tears:

Yes, the pain feels so raw and new,

General reminder: Please don't sleuth any member of Isabel's family. For now, they are victims as well. :tyou:

Eight weeks ago, why didn't the police tell Isabel's parents or the public that a child's body was found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme