Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the only evidence of "them" actually being in Decatur is a phone ping I once again suggest they had it "shipped" there. Shipped being a broad term. You could use a quick delivery service, pay them cash to send it to a goodwill store for recycling. The delivery service just sees a box, the sore clerk just sees a free phone to sell, and powers it up--
Or it could have been thrown on top of a southbound freight truck where it fell off somewhere and reset itself.

Mail goes from KC to here in 2 hours. I have witnessed this thru tracking. The phone could be sitting dead in a box somewhere while they research the correct address for delivery. Who knows?
I know i am thinking of this as a diversion, so hey very well could have also. There are several ways that phone could have made the 2 hour trip within 8 hours-

We have no proof that TC has ever been diagnosed as a psychopath, we can find similarities sure but without a confirmed medical diagnosis , it's all just speculation .
Yes, I need to correct my posts to 'speculation'. I planned to put JMO on them. However I diagnosed my son correctly before he got a diagnosis. Diagnoses are hard to get. They are not super cooperative. Sometime life experiences actually make you an expert, unfortunately. I thought about taking my posts off, but I couldn't edit them now. Oops. It MOD wants to take them off feel free! I have off and on through the years tried to tell people about psychopaths, because unless you get involved with one, you won't know what happened sometimes til too late.

Since the only evidence of "them" actually being in Decatur is a phone ping I once again suggest they had it "shipped" there. Shipped being a broad term. You could use a quick delivery service, pay them cash to send it to a goodwill store for recycling. The delivery service just sees a box, the sore clerk just sees a free phone to sell, and powers it up--
Or it could have been thrown on top of a southbound freight truck where it fell off somewhere and reset itself.

Mail goes from KC to here in 2 hours. I have witnessed this thru tracking. The phone could be sitting dead in a box somewhere while they research the correct address for delivery. Who knows?
I know i am thinking of this as a diversion, so hey very well could have also. There are several ways that phone could have made the 2 hour trip within 8 hours-

It certainly could have been. There's no way of knowing just what they were doing that first day, shipping a phone is a possibility. I definitely underestimated TC at first and thought he wasn't cunning enough to come up with a plan like that, but he's managed to evade LE for weeks now, so he's obviously doing something right. I just hope the police get a lucky break soon so they can end this!

IF he has been purchasing food that would last for a week or alittle longer, then there is no reason for them to come out of hiding. But how much in common could they have to be talking about???

:chillout::drama:

Great idea! My father is a horticulturist in Texas. He and a bunch of guys are out this week on a project. They are all keeping an eye out. They are in some pretty remote areas.

Flooding areas where they could camp with their info really important, IMO.

Great idea to get the word out to everyone who works outdoors, road crews, etc!

IF he has been purchasing food that would last for a week or alittle longer, then there is no reason for them to come out of hiding. But how much in common could they have to be talking about???

That's a good question. She's got to be getting bored by now, and all the driving and planning might make him irritable and not a lot of fun to be with.

I do not disagree with your sentiment and I love that you care deeply about ET and her family. We should not be contacting sources on our own. I just believe that you can STILL be polite to those that are also trying to help, whether their help was misguided or not. Then again, i'm the type of person who will actually apologize for being a jerk.

<modsnip>

Back on topic, Elizabeth does need to be found, and it might take a deep dive in to find her. However, I think that will probably start with information found on TCs computer and other technology, and comments that ETs family and friends remember over time (if they are willing to tell what they know).

I am deeply confused by the TC apologists. Even if they think TC and ET are in love and would make a lovely couple, he stole her. From past cases, if he was caught and did not turn himself in, the worst sentence he might ever get is 2-5 years (at least that's all I've seen and haven't researched this). If they are in love, she could choose to grow up and go back to him when he got out. In the meantime, she should be able to fulfill her teen dreams with her family and friends. The fact that he hasn't talked her into this is more proof of how selfish and creepy he is.

I believe they are being hidden by someone. And I think the only way anyone is going to find them is if ET contacts someone from her past (in secret) and that person tells. I feel this could go on for some time. The longer it goes, the more brainwashed and victimized she is. It's so sad that she has been taken advantage of her whole life. It breaks my heart.

If they sent phones to Decatur was a diversion, it wasn't much of one. It would have been better to send them the opposite direction and cause people to think they were heading east. As it was, it looks like they just started driving south from Columbia down to Decatur (probably just the quickest way to get out of TN if they thought an Amber Alert would be issued for the state), then cut through the Ozarks, then headed to OKC--lots of large parks in these areas.

I don't really think you have to be cunning to avoid LE for a few weeks--mostly just lucky. Finding two people when they could be anywhere in the U.S. is searching for a needle in a haystack.

If he is dumb enough to walk with her into a Wal-Mart in plain sight, I don't think that's too cunning. One of them could have gone in quite easily and NEVER have been noticed--it's only the combo of the two that's identifiable. Furthermore, Wal-Mart is FULL of people and security cameras, and if he's even taken a glance at the news, he already knows he was caught on camera in a Wal-Mart once before! Wal-Marts have some of the best surveillance I've seen.

To me that signifies that either, 1) he isn't very cunning and they both went in carelessly, or 2) he doesn't trust her to be alone and is afraid she'll bolt if he leaves her alone in the car.

Either option isn't good for him. If it's 1, then he'll likely make more careless mistakes, and if 2, there's trouble in paradise.

I checked the California Highway Patrol website and they don't have the AA listed. I don't know what the rules are and don't want to overstep. But I might send them an email just to inquire.

They haven't been seen since March 15 when they stopped in a Walmart in OKC for a few food items. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm sure they've needed items since then but they may be even further disguised, in Mexico, or steering clear of all Walmarts.

How do you explain a phone diversion to Decatur. An hour or so away from Columbia and it didn't ping until it reached Decatur?

If the phone was being "shipped" it would have pinged all the way to Decatur, not when it arrived.

They haven't been seen since March 15 when they stopped in a Walmart in OKC for a few food items. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm sure they've needed items since then but they may be even further disguised, in Mexico, or steering clear of all Walmarts.

Somehow I hadn't processed the OKC sighting was so old, since it was only just reported recently. That is a bummer indeed.

It occurred to me that they might be picking up food items at the Walmart Supercenters because ET has food allergies, knows which foods she can safely eat, and usually gets those foods at her local Walmart. Maybe they are not steering clear of Walmarts; maybe it is their go-to place for food shopping and overnight camping. All TC has to do is back into a parking spot in the back so nobody sees the plate.

How do you explain a phone diversion to Decatur. An hour or so away from Columbia and it didn't ping until it reached Decatur?

If the phone was being "shipped" it would have pinged all the way to Decatur, not when it arrived.

Yeah, they would have had to have turned the phones off and then have someone there to pick up the phones and turn them back on to get that effect.

If they were smart, they would have left their phones on, put them in a box, and FedEx-ed them to NY or WA or something, thus sending LE on a multi-state wild goose chase as it would appear they were traveling this route until the batteries were dead.

I know there are thousands of Walmarts, but could LE have looked at the location they were seen in OKC and then used the map to to track a walmart in a 150-200 mile radius that was near the highway and checked their video?

The idea that people in these various communities, FDLS, homeschool, missionaries, would just accept a stranger traveling illegally with an underage girl is far fetched. Prior trips and contacts would be necessary and even then probably won't help. Anyone would be cautious, and these two are famous now. If they are getting help it's going to be old friends or family of Tad's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. Anyone who has done a bit of research into the FLDS or other polygamous societies would know these are CLOSED communities. The only outsiders let in historically have been regular LDS who convert to fundamentalist polygamy. And that hasn't happened with regard to the FLDS in particular in a long time because after Warren Jeffs took charge, it became even more secretive and, frankly, cult-like.

Some random dude with a child bride ain't gonna' be welcomed in a secretive community like that, who seek to fly under the radar and are highly suspicious of outsiders.

Hmmm... it is worth a listen.
"OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO"!

https://youtu.be/wa-0yJXFeKk

This is a very typical college graduation book. (I got one). What are your thoughts?

I've lived in the South all my life and have traveled all over this country. I've never had the impression that more people marry young in the south and start their family at an early age more so than in any other part of the country. There are just as many rural communities and big cities all over the US where people marry right out of high school and start a family (or drop out of high school and start a family without getting married). Many get married, start a family, and still go to college. A lot of young people marry and start a family at a young age when they enlist to serve our country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The census data bears out that teen marriages are much more common in the south.

[FONT=&quot]Research has shown marital timing is affected by an individual's demographic and family background. With respect to demographic variations, women marry younger than men ([/FONT]Goldscheider & Waite, 1986[FONT=&quot]; [/FONT]Johnson & Dye, 2005[FONT=&quot]). Race-ethnic differences in marital timing are also pronounced. Hispanics are the most likely to marry young, followed somewhat closely by Whites and more distantly by Asians and Blacks ([/FONT]Glick, Ruf, White, & Goldscheider, 2006[FONT=&quot]; [/FONT]Michael & Tuma, 1985[FONT=&quot]; [/FONT]Teachman, Tedrow, & Crowder, 2000[FONT=&quot]). Moreover, geographic location has also been found to be associated with early marriage. Individuals who live in the southern United States are more likely to marry at young ages, as are people living in nonmetropolitan areas ([/FONT]Bramlett & Mosher, 2002[FONT=&quot]; [/FONT]Goldscheider & Waite; McLaughlin, Lichter, & Johnson, 1993[FONT=&quot]).[/FONT]
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2841346/

Census data on teenage marriage, from 1998, showed that only 1 percent of 15- to 17-year-olds had ever been married. But the rates were higher among 18- and 19-year-olds — 6.5 percent for white women, 13.4 percent for Hispanic women — and they vary by region, with higher rates in the South and lower rates in the Northeast. Experts say that teenage marriage tends to be more common in religious and immigrant families, particularly among Hispanics, and more common in so-called red states like Alaska.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/fashion/04marriage.html

The rate of child marriage varies widely by state. It is most common in West Virginia and Texas, where about seven of every 1,000 15- to 17-year-olds were married in 2014. Several other states in the South and the West, including Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Nevada and California, also have above-average rates of child marriage.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/01/child-marriage-is-rare-in-the-u-s-though-this-varies-by-state/

But are we getting off track? While teen marriage happens in the US and more often in certain regions, teens marrying vastly older adults, I would venture to guess that that is quite low. It happens, indeed, among the FLDS, but I don't know of any other group where that happens frequently.

I know there are thousands of Walmarts, but could LE have looked at the location they were seen in OKC and then used the map to to track a walmart in a 150-200 mile radius that was near the highway and checked their video?

The problem is that the sighting was on March 15 or 16th (I forget and am too lazy to recheck). There was a full 2 weeks that passed before LE alerted the public on March 27th (or thereabouts, give or take a day or two)

The problem is that the sighting was on March 15 or 16th (I forget and am too lazy to recheck). There was a full 2 weeks that passed before LE alerted the public on March 27th (or thereabouts, give or take a day or two)

But if they checked video, and they were seen again, then LE would know what direction that they were headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member