Police find suspect Steven Stephens in Facebook Live homicide dead in Erie PA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel so horrible for the family of the dear man he killed so randomly. Glad to see the taxpayers are not burdened with supporting this killer
I honestly feel bad for all of the families involved. His ex, his family, too. No doubt they are suffering. And his child(ren)? OMG. What a nightmare.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

[h=1]Police: Cleveland Facebook killer kills self in Erie[/h][FONT=&quot]Steve Stephens found dead of self-inflicted gunshot wound in white Ford Fusion on Buffalo Road, Erie police confirmed. State police had been following the car as it was headed west into the city of Erie.[/FONT]

http://www.goerie.com/news/20170418/police-cleveland-facebook-killer-kills-self-in-erie

Happy to hear, hopefully no one else has been killed. Saves taxpayers from a trial where he would have been found guilty anyway. Jmo

R.I.P. Mr Godwin.

In the video he is talking to the camera as if he was speaking to someone in chat. Can you link me to where LE states it was not live?

This is Facebook's 'Timeline of Events':

2:09 PM EDT — First video, of intent to murder, uploaded. Not reported to Facebook.
2:11 PM EDT — Second video, of shooting, uploaded.
2:22 PM EDT — Suspect confesses to murder while using Live, is live for 5 minutes.
2:27 PM EDT — Live ends, and Live video is first reported shortly after.
3:59 PM EDT — Video of shooting is first reported.
4:22 PM EDT — Suspect’s account disabled; all videos no longer visible to public.

Facebook | Statement and Timeline of Stephens shooting

Uploaded video ≠ Live.

Apr 18 2017, 12:05 pm ET

Cleveland Facebook Killer: Steve Stephens Dead in Car After Pursuit by Pa. Police

by Chelsea Bailey and Tom Winter

The nationwide manhunt for Steve Stephens, the man accused of posting video of a murder to Facebook, ended Tuesday when his body was found in a vehicle in Erie, Pa., police said.

Pennsylvania State Police confirmed in a tweet that Stephens had been spotted by Pennsylvania State Police Tuesday morning. After a brief pursuit, police said Stephens shot and killed himself...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ve-stephens-dead-car-after-pursuit-pa-n747821

Hopefully now the victims family can have some peace, they have been outstanding during this time...showing pure class and grace...God Bless them and hopefully there are no more victims

time wise how far
It's about 2 hrs from CLE to Erie, almost all the way on the Turnpike (toll road). Where Mr Godwin was shot is right next to the Turnpike I believe. Cameras all over the Turnpike with license readers etc.

Lots of people said when they got a ping in Erie "he must have took Turnpike".

The interview with his mother.... No emotion. No words.

I hope there has been no other loss of life. The Godwin family has been incredible. I wish them peace and healing. For the murderer's family, former girlfriend and children, I hope they can also heal. The murderer does not deserve to be called by his name in my book. If he had a mental illness, I am sorry but he gets no sympathy from me after he has taken innocent lives.

It will be interesting to see what is in his car?

The interview with his mother.... No emotion. No words.
I would imagine she is in severe shock. I have not seen the video, but I suspect he's left a lot of trauma and hell in his wake.

Wow! I am not surprised he killed himself, but I am surprised he didn't engage the police. If this was the endgame, he should have just started with himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would imagine she is in severe shock. I have not seen the video, but I suspect he's left a lot of trauma and hell in his wake.

I look forward to your impression after viewing the interview. Seriously. It left me very feeling very uncomfortable.

Facebook shooting suspect is dead, police say

Mark Gillespie, Associated Press Published 6:14 a.m. ET April 18, 2017 | Updated 13 minutes ago

Cleveland — The man who randomly killed a Cleveland retiree and posted video of the crime on Facebook shot himself to death on Tuesday in Pennsylvania, police said.

Pennsylvania State Police said Steve Stephens was spotted Tuesday morning in Erie County, in the state’s northwest corner. Authorities say officers tried to pull Stephens over and, after a brief pursuit, he shot and killed himself...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2017/04/18/facebook-shooting/100591176/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill
Back