Canada - Anthony Raine, 17 mos, found dead, Edmonton, April 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The child suffered a life full of violence, but he died from the violence he experienced with his father and his father's girlfriend. If the child suffered a life full of violence and was in the care of his violent father for only the last six weeks, then do we know who inflicted the other 18 months of violence?

"A 19-month-old boy whose body was found outside an Edmonton church last week suffered a life "full of violence" and died from head trauma some time before he was abandoned, police say.

"He was living a terrible life, full of violence, and one that is incredibly sad, and that you don't even want to speak about," Hunter said Monday. "Bruises all over his body, and I'll leave it at that.

Anthony's mother, Dalyce Raine, told CBC News on Sunday that Crier had picked up the boy six weeks ago to look after him while she went to nursing school.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rom-head-trauma-edmonton-police-say-1.4082873

And the news can sensationalize too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the news can sensationalize too.

Yes, we are all now familiar with fake news and alternate facts, but the quotes I selected are from the Edmonton police statement. The video of police making these statements has also been released. This child lived a life of violence - not a day, week, or month, but a life of violence, and based on a statement from the mother, the child was in the care of the father for only the last six weeks. I'm confident that she would not have made that statement if she knew that police would discover that the child's abuse was lifelong.

Yes, we are all now familiar with fake news and alternate facts, but the quotes I selected are from the Edmonton police statement. The video of police making these statements has also been released. This child lived a life of violence - not a day, week, or month, but a life of violence, and based on a statement from the mother, the child was in the care of the father for only the last six weeks. I'm confident that she would not have made that statement if she knew that police would discover that the child's abuse was lifelong.

There is no need to debate this anymore. You may be right, it will all come out eventually.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/04/...-for-toddler-found-slain-near-edmonton-church
19-month-old Anthony Raine's paternal grandmother Connie Crier cries as she thanks supporters at the memorial for Anthony outside the Good Shepherd Anglican Church, 15495 Castle Downs Road, in Edmonton Tuesday April 25, 2017
attachment.php

Anthony Raine's paternal grandmother Connie Crier (left) is hugged by a supporter at the memorial for her 19-month-old grandson.

On Tuesday, hundreds of people added to a growing pile of toys, flowers and balloons layered against the church's north wall.

Aboriginal elder Taz Bouchier, crying, placed a small angel statue beside a bouquet of white roses.
"To know that for three days a young baby was laying here is devastating," she said. "It sounds like he died a horrible death."

People lined up for smudging ceremonies, which Bouchier described as cleansing.

"It carries our prayers to the other side," she said.

Mourners light candles during a vigil service for 19-month-old Anthony Raine inside Good Shepherd Anglican Church.
Inside the church, more than 200 people prayed, lit candles and signed a book of condolences.

Attachments

• 1297948796457_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1297948796457_ORIGINAL.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 269
An LPN program is 2 years.

Would you want a caregiver whose child died from a lifetime of violence? I sure hope all levels of nursing care properly evaluate candidates before they waste time with training and education.

Terry left his bedroom to find Crier, Mack and her mother watching the same news coverage.

“I came downstairs and said, ‘there was a baby found over here.'”

He said Crier replied, “‘Oh, no way, I feel sorry for it.'”

“Up until their arrest, everything seemed ordinary.”

The next day, April 22, police released surveillance images that showed a couple pushing a stroller, and Terry said he recognized them right away and called police. By that time, Mack and Crier had been arrested on or near a city bus.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3404754/ex.../?sf73768698=1

it depends. they are only a few months long.

Yeah. It seems to be a program under the "Indigenous Nursing Initiative".
People are just assuming it was a full nursing diploma because they see the word "Nursing".

That just breaks my heart. I can't imagine being the grandparent. Everyone involved must feel such tremendous guilt... from the father's sister, who it seems asked the couple to leave her home, wow, can't imagine living with that, after the fact, knowing that that may have been the only thing keeping that baby alive up until that point... and then the girlfriend's parents who potentially were the last people (aside from the killers) to see that baby alive (if he was even alive when he arrived there).. to the mother, for not taking it more seriously when her ex blocked her and she was unable to communicate with him.. wow. And then the grandmother, the father's mother pictured above, having to live with not having been there to help that baby, help her son, or even having had an awareness of what was going on, and now paying dearly for that. Just horrible on all fronts.

The thing I keep thinking about is.. how does this guy live with himself, when this child was named after him, at least the child's middle name. I just can't imagine how he could live with himself for the rest of his life. A little soul brought into this world and named after YOU, and you end up beating him so badly that he dies, at 19 months?

The father, the killer, appears to me like he suffers from FAS. He also reminded me a little bit of the killer of Haley Dunbar-Blanchette, Derek Saretzky.

There is no need to debate this anymore. You may be right, it will all come out eventually.

Agreed.
Let's talk about the quality of nursing care in Alberta. Are women whose children are beaten to death admitted to the "nursing" program? Why? What does the Nursing Profession in Alberta do to identify students who are potentially violent towards the vulnerable? What was this monster doing in a nursing program?

Should care giving organizations give jobs to women whose children died due to a lifetime of violence?

Agreed.
Let's talk about the quality of nursing care in Alberta. Are women whose children are beaten to death admitted to the "nursing" program? Why? What does the Nursing Profession in Alberta do to identify students who are potentially violent towards the vulnerable? What was this monster doing in a nursing program?

Should care giving organizations give jobs to women whose children died due to a lifetime of violence?

Have I missed something? I thought the child was (and had been) in the father's custody?

I hope this recent shooting incidence wasn't in retaliation, although if not it still doesn't justify the shooting even if it was gang related.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...s-go-through-maskwacis-home-strike-her-in-bed

News report about earlier incidents
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...wing-up-in-hobbema-alta-say-killers-1.1396394

On that topic, this reserve has been plagued with gang violence for years, many involving youth. Media reports are rife with govt programs, initiatives and funds, none of it ever seems to work.

Recently it's been contemplated that the best solution would be to ban known gang members from living on the reserve but I don't know if that plan was implemented. If it was, that might explain why Crier was living in Edmonton? Pure speculation.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3337178/man-found-dead-in-home-on-samson-cree-nation-in-maskwacis/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have I missed something? I thought the child was (and had been) in the father's custody?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had been in his father's care for the last 6 weeks of his life.
I think the anger issues at his mother maybe because of the misinterpretation of what Detective Hunter said in the press release. What he said was a life of violence and abuse.
Not a lifetime of violence and abuse.
Totally different meaning .
Hope this clears this up because I would hate to think certain members are victim bashing.
As I would hate to think that certain members are so misogynistic that they could not understand that the mother has not been charged rather the child's father systematic tortured his child over at least a 6 week period.
Until the injures that he inflicted resulted in his son's death and at that point he decided to throw his child away like trash.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back