Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, even if he didn't install or purchase anything, did he register the iPhone under Beccas Apple ID? If so that might help LE get access to info on his phone

As far as we can tell, nothing is registered from his phone. We have given her account info to LE as well.

Let's just imagine for a moment that MC wanted to disappear.

He would need a DL, money and a phone. Let's say he's been silently building up his cash supply for awhile. He won't use a card because he doesn't want to leave a trail.

Maybe he calls a taxi to take him to the airport. He bought a ticket a while ago so he doesn't need cash for that.

He travels somewhere or to someone who will keep his
travel quiet. He gets rid of his SIM card and buys a new one.
He changes the address on his d.l.

But of course, for this to happen he'd need a reason.
It wouldn't explain the blood in the shop but it would explain why nothing was taken and why everything was shut up tight.

Is there a relative of the family that lives away from Quinlan and someone who will keep his disappearance quiet?

This sounds a tad far fetched for Pawpa but who really knows what goes on inside another's mind?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Your theory is good, but I get so tripped up on the blood. If he was just disappearing, my thinking is he would have just left. Even in a terrible state of mind, he wouldn't want to have the family thinking he is dead. Knowing how he is, he'd do anything he could to let us know what happened or that he was alive at least. And as much as he loves his grandkids and great-grands, I really can't see him just walking away. We haven't found ANY info that would have made him want to leave.

Hmmm, may be because this has become a more viable scenario.
I think it's a legitimate question and an avenue that needs to be explored.

But, the problem with this is no one can collect anything until MC is deemed dead (if not found) and before the courts and or insurance will agree that he is no longer living will take years.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

In Texas, it's 7 years before declaring dead unless you actively take it to court with at least circumstantial evidence of death. Only Becca would be able to do that, and with the way their pension is set up, she would be ill advised to declare him dead.

I have been thinking more about this as well. Could he have possibly had a mistress? I know of a man who did this exact same thing and it was completely out of his character and nobody ever thought he would do such a thing. He did though. His family searched and law enforcement looked for him for months before he called home and explained he had left with another woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After looking at phone records, text records and his schedule of working (with his son-in-law's company), car shows and other activities, I highly doubt he had a mistress. It's possible, sure, but for there to be ZERO unknown phone numbers in call or text logs?? Makes it not so feasible.

I am leaning towards this scenario, and it isn't known, to us that is, if the blood is recent or if maybe it'd been there awhile, but it does explain how everything was locked up like it should be, keys left so others have access to them etc....
So maybe he just needed a break from reality & he could be sitting on a beach somewhere enjoying a cold drink & has no idea all this is going on.

Just my random thoughts & opinions

I hope this is true!!!!!!!!!! We can be mad at him for putting us through this, but we would ALL be thrilled to learn he just needed a break!!!

The blood is undergoing additional analysis, I think age is one of the things they are testing. That being said, I can almost guarantee it isn't old blood. Papaw is meticulous about cleanliness - in the house, his truck, his shop... If he injured himself in the days before he went missing or even in the morning before he went to WalMart, he would have cleaned it up after he slapped a bandage on the wound.

No life insurance policy, they are relying on the pension set up to keep either of them going in the event of a death. They do have a Will, but as you stated, unless he is confirmed deceased, it doesn't matter... So if that was the motive, you would think the perp would have made sure the body would be found. :-(

And if he doesn't turn up one way or the other, Texas has a 7 year waiting period before he can legally be declared deceased.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

From everything I've read and seen as far as the news and social media, it would be my opinion that I find it odd someone is able to go there leave no fingerprints, no other vehicles were seen according to neighbors, take someone without anyone seeing. Or without LE being able to pick up on some sort of clue as to another person being there. Im one to think logically, regarding facts. And we don't have them all due to this being an ongoing investigation. Which is completely understandable. But from whats been released to the public, he was last seen at walmart buying makeup for his wife. That was found at their home, in the normal place. His wallet and keys were there. DL, himself and phone are missing. House and shop were locked with all lights turned off. Nothing was disturbed. Blood was on shop floor. But for how long? Lets be honest here...how often does his wife actually go out to the shop? That blood could be from an older injury. The sheriff stated many times in the press conference that it was a very small amount. We dont know. My opinion I dont think anyone was robbing him. As nothing was disturbed or taken. Whos going to rob and kidnap/kill someone and turn off the lights and lock up? And take nothing? That makes no sense.I pray for this family.

RE the blood: it's enough that the injury would have needed much more than a bandaid, and as I said in response to another post, Papaw would have cleaned that up if was from an older injury.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Papaw definitely is smart enough to leave the wallet and keys to send a message, signal that something is not right. I wouldn't rule that theory out at all.

My last thought...because the keys were in the shed, and the shed was locked...IF Papaw is the one who closed that locked door, and ASSUMING he didn't accidentally lock himself out (a fair assumption, seeing as he's never done that before), he had to know that there was no way back into his house or shed without his keys. I think that is a crucial point to think about. Of course, it could be that someone ELSE left the items and closed the shed door. But if it was Papaw...he had to know he wasn't going back into the house or shed.

Everything is MOO, IMO, etc.

Can't answer all your questions until I get permission from LE, but RE the keys...

I would also propose that if someone was holding him at gunpoint, locking his keys and wallet in the house would prevent some robberies from happening. If he did it before they could stop him, or without them noticing (turning the lock as he was opening the door, for instance), it could have been a conscious effort to prevent further crime in the moment.

Just finished reading the thread & had a far-fetched scenario. If Mr. Chambers was retired from the fire department - maybe he was part of an investigation that resulted in a conviction. Someone was released and this was retaliation?

Other thoughts/musings:
-Did the home have an alarm system? If so, was it used consistently? Only at night? Or any time they left the property?
-It was mentioned neighborhood camera footage was checked out and nothing found. Does this mean there was a camera pointing at the street? Can this be confirmed?
-I wonder if Mr. Chambers was the victim of foul play that he took his DL as a quick means of identification. (That makes me sad to think he might have been aware of his fate if this was foul play.)

I am not aware of any dealings with an investigation, that typically would fall to the fire marshall, but I will check.

No alarm system that I know of.

The neighbor's camera faced the street, but not with enough clarity to show anything other than a shape passing on the road (cars on that day, no pedestrians).

I could understand if he was going shopping for something else and since he was going anyway she asked him to grab a mascara or something like that, just doesn't feel right to me.

While some might find this odd, I consider it caring and a real indication of how much he loves his wife. It wasn't the first time he had picked up makeup and things for her. He is always more than willing to do anything for her or for others. <3

Well I feel as if it could have been a ploy to get him away from the house, do we know if wife had key to shed?

She was at work all day - confirmed by the patience she saw that day and her employer as well. She does have a key to the shed, yes.

The most feasible scenario is that for whatever reason Michael decided to end his life, only took his DL for ease of identification, maybe took a Stanley knife with him, nicking his finger accidentally, probably close by, something could have happened that day to push him over the edge, sad, MOO.

If it was suicide, where did he go, why didn't the dogs track to him the first night? What's the deal with the dowel rod? Why leave any blood at all (it's more than just a finger stick, by the way)? Why take any money out of his wallet? How did he do it? Where is his body? What changed in his life recently to make him want to commit suicide?

All of these I have no answers for...

RBBM.

All very good questions.

LE isn't obligated to tell anyone anything -general public in particular, though it seems that they often do, when they believe there is a threat to the community-, so I don't know. Maybe they have discovered evidence -physical, electronic, circumstantial, etc.- that indicates foul play :( or otherwise have a reason to believe Papaw did not leave willingly, but don't want to tip their hand while they investigate further, or feel that self-harm is likely but don't know where to search, or yet something else.

If he did walk away, I, too, think he would be nearby: Multiple family members have mentioned his bad knees.

Then I just noticed this -I must have missed it before- in an article from Mar. 22nd:
"Officials in Hunt County launched a new search Wednesday for the retired Dallas firefighter who has been missing for nearly two weeks.
The search efforts, involving about 20 searchers and a K-9 team, are focused on an area that has not been checked before — a heavily wooded spot to the southwest of the retired firefighter’s home. According to the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office, specially trained canines discovered something in the new area on Saturday. Officials would not elaborate." (BBM)
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/03/22/officials-search-new-area-for-missing-retired-firefighter/

I'm not sure if I have the location of their property quite right, but if I do, looking at Google Maps, there appears to be a sizable pond in that direction. Did anything come of this?

The ponds in the area (and the one you are talking about, I think) have been searched - drones on the shoreline, dogs in surrounding brush, drug by boat and sonar detection. Nothing.

I also would like to know more of BC's timeline or schedule for the day just to recreate what happened from when she got home to the LE investigation. I have asked Pmerle00 if she could tell us when she arrived home and the best answer she gave was 6-7. Which is not a time. I feel she should be able to remember specifics since she must have had to answer this for LE that night. It should be an oft repeated story, "I got home at 6:25 and he wasn't in the house so I figured he was in the shop and I changed clothes then went out..." I am certain the story she told LE that night did not begin with, "I got home sometime between 6 and 7, I really don't remember exactly...". I believe in MSM reports I saw that she got home about 7 but I would like to have that confirmed and know more about what she did after arriving.

I did get a more firm time for her arrival home: just before 6:14. LE was contacted at 6:55, after a search of the land and then opening the shop.

I apologize if this has already been made clear and I missed it. I believe it's been said there is a "normal" people sized door to the workshop as well as other door(s)? The other door(s).... Are they roll up garage doors?

I ask because my hubby's workshop has two double doors that swing "out". And, one of them never wants to stay open, so he props it open with a stick, like a dowel. That's what I keep thinking of when the dowel is mentioned.

Perhaps he injured himself, cut his hand, etc... Grabbed the dowel that was propping open the door to then leave and shut the doors.

I know.... Grasping at straws here....

There is a man door and one car garage door on the opposite end of the shop. The dowel was not found near enough to the doors for the scenario you described.

I'm wondering if it was answered...

Does he sell the classic cars he worked on?
Had he sold or advertised one recently?
How did he advertise these cars if he does sell them?

Good questions - I will see if I can find out.

Another photo of the garage:
attachment.php

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/fami...firefighter-as-search-for-him-grows/422944535

By the way, the video the above image came from (at the link) features a couple of clips from the Wal-Mart security video footage:
In one, Papaw can be seen pulling his wallet out of his left pant pocket, while the cashier scans ... maybe an eyeliner and a mascara??
In the other, he is leaving the store, and the way he walks, you can tell he has bad knees, IMO.

He definitely has bad knees, haha. A fireman's knees, as my Aunt puts it. :)

I've been following but not commenting because I had nothing. My grandparents lived in Quinlan when I was young off Lake Tawakoni. It's been years since I've been that way but something struck me today. I know Michael is retired but I also have heard there's a lot of stuff going on with the Dallas police and fire pension lately. How long has he been retired and is there any possibility this pension nonsense has affected him?

He retired in 2008. The pension issues in Dallas have the potential to impact ALL retired DFD, but Papaw had discussed this recently (this year) with the Pension Board reps and with Becca... so he wasn't worried about it.

No, not relevant. Too much, anyway. I think IF that's what it is, and it's his instead of BC's, them it adds to possibilities of his health, and what may have happened. A horrible case of acid reflux that made him vomit/get light headed, and bump his head? Just thinking out loud.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

As far as I know, Papaw didn't suffer from acid reflux. I do not believe an acid reducer was on the receipt from Walmart, checking to find out if I can share what the items were with the public.

I think the pension problems are not affecting those who go ahead and retire. It's those who are not at retirement age that have problems to look forward to when they are ready.

The pension issues do have potential to impact retired firemen, but Papaw wasn't worried about it, based on his conversations with Becca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member