IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have easily handcuffed them to an armrest or roof hamdle inside a vehicle. James Dean Worley kept both real handcuffs and cable ties, ropes etc with him to use in abduction and murder . I however do not think BG took them anywhere in a vehicle but just wanted to point out a possibility.
Don't forget when it comes to vehicles that passenger cars have trunks.

There's about a 0.00001% chance that a kidnapper/killer would bring their victims back to where they were abducted from. It's even lower if they were being brought back alive.

Too much risk.

MOO

(Sorry if I sound grouchy..it's because I am :D )
Well they weren't brought back AFAWK. Abducted from south end of bridge by car taken to other location (via cemetery) for privacy then left there. It was such a good location that the searchers missed them on the 13th. The DTH audio could be at the cemetery MOO.

One big problem with him is that he lied to LE. I sure wish we knew if his alibi was proven true or another lie. We know he went to the local dump at 11:00ish because that was on the official court document. But AFAIK, that's the only verified movement. If he had been home, I would certainly assume he would have spent some time outside with his horses, dog...

Something made LE search for 11.5 hours.

Whatever that "something" was also made LE search the Mears' property across the street at the same time as RL's and for the second time at that. The Mears' property was searched for the first time on March 10th. What caused them to return?

I sure wish we could learn more about that probable cause. imo.

Where does one find verifiable information about there having been 12 property searches? I am only aware of two, officially. TIA!
Maybe someone has the link handy or it is in the media thread but in one article there was a mention (it could have been a quote) that they had interviewed some 300 persons, issued 70 subpoenas, and conducted a dozen searches. That was about or slightly less than one month into this - I believe before RL's place was searched. And it might have been the Carroll County prosecutor that was giving this information.

Whatever that "something" was also made LE search the Mears' property across the street at the same time as RL's and for the second time at that. The Mears' property was searched for the first time on March 10th.

I sure wish we could learn more about that probable cause. imo.

Me, too. Right across the street from RL's house.

Maybe someone has the link handy or it is in the media thread but in one article there was a mention (it could have been a quote) that they had interviewed some 300 persons, issued 70 subpoenas, and conducted a dozen searches. That was about or slightly less than one month into this - I believe before RL's place was searched. And it might have been the Carroll County prosecutor that was giving this information.
Skibaboo has the searches that we know about on the case map at beginning of thread 57.

Cell towers are on there too for those interested.

Me, too. Right across the street from RL's house.

Yes, to me this says it was more about both places and their proximity to the crime scene and not so much the person, although the person was necessarily checked out as well .

LE warned not to read too much into the SW at RL's. It is unfortunate that the simultaneous search at the Mears' property was never mentioned by the MSM on the scene. We might have sleuthed that news in a different manner knowing two properties were being searched.

With two simultaneous searches across the street from each other, my mind would have wondered how those properties might have been used in the crime, as the probability of two neighboring property owners being in cahoots to commit the crime would be quite low (although it could be).

Definitely just imo, of course.

I really wish I knew what their suspicions were, but I don't go on any other SM to talk about the case (Because, I don't really know where to look) and I know we can't discuss it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't do SM either. But there's no chance the immediate family is blabbing their suspicions there because that would risk the entire intrigirity of the investigation. They've stated several times they have placed their faith in LE to solve the case, exactly how it should be.

Does the Mears property contain a residence/home or is it only farming property? Such as land, barn, and grain bin only?

Does the Mears property contain a residence/home or is it only farming property? Such as land, barn, and grain bin only?

I believe that the Mears' farm is a large but disconnected property. I do not believe that that part of the property has any housing. I am going to go look at the property tax map to make sure.

Well they weren't brought back AFAWK. Abducted from south end of bridge by car taken to other location (via cemetery) for privacy then left there. It was such a good location that the searchers missed them on the 13th. The DTH audio could be at the cemetery MOO.

Another thought, don't know whether possible:
Abducted from South bridge end, driven by car to another location, left injured/dead at some place on RL-ground. RL found them, panicked because of possible investigation into himself (alcohol, driving etc.) and notified someone to help him dragging ("Not in a million years!") the bodies by night to the already searched location on his property (last CS) where it seemed impossible to have dragged or carried the girls (as he said and stressed).
Does it make sense in any form?

It would be "twisted" IF something like this would have been the crime flow ....

The Sherry Mears Barn: http://www.carrollcountybarns.com/mears-barn?lightbox=dataItem-ik9sg0ic

Is this also on the Mears property? (They may own land that is not all connected to each other.)

The Mears' property in question is across the street from RL's house.
5b68379144b13638dcc7c59aca95ed63.png

"What if" someone was staying at his house at that time, so RL knows him well enough; RL was really gone where he finally admitted he went; and the rest of this speculative scenario is that LE was angry with RL for not being forthcoming about this immediately. He could be behind bars for violating probation, retaliation, and now for his own protection. as well. I don't believe he was involved in murder, nor condones it.
More interested in what all you other sleuths have to say, though...

The Mears' property in question is across the street from RL's house. ]

Thanks. I know it's across from RL's house. But their property may have more than one barn. I'm trying to figure out if this exact barn they searched is one of the historical barns on the Mears property.

Another thought, don't know whether possible:
Abducted from South bridge end, driven by car to another location, left dead at some place on RL-ground. RL found them, panicked because of possible investigation into himself (alcohol, driving etc.) and notified someone to help him dragging ("Not in a million years!") the bodies by night to the already searched location on his property (last CS) where it seemed impossible to have dragged or carried the two bodies (as he said and stressed).
Does it make sense in any form?

That the crime scene area had already been searched in the darkness of the night on Feb 13th is pure speculation. Aside from the river bank (accidentally falling in) and calling out their names while walking the length of the trails (disorientated, lost), considering "no foul play was expected" why do you think the unorganized search team specifically searched that area of dry land?

Here is a little private garden named after Lois Mears near the trail. I hadn't heard of it yet. Maybe you all mentioned it and I didn't catch it:

LOIS MEARS GARDEN
​
The Lois Mears Garden is a privately owned little park open to the public. The late Lois Mears lived for 60 years in the historic farmhouse across the road (300N) from the garden that bears her name. She loved the spring wildflowers in the area and in her special place of about acre she added daffodils, grape hyacinths and other bulbs to the existing wildflowers. Lois was instrumental in getting the Monon Trail started when she convinced the Wabash & Erie Canal Association to take on the task of creating a trail out of the abandoned railbed. Visitors can enter the Lois Mears Garden through a path that goes from the Monon Trail to 300N next to Sherry’s Lane where there is a small parking lot.

Scroll to the bottom: http://www.bicentennialpark.net

It sounds like the Mears were instrumental in founding the trails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro