IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There doesn't seem to be a list for Indiana anymore either and do you see where the BG photo was there s now only an FBI seal and not another person yet.

Can you link that please?

I agree and a holiday is perfect day to get things in order before press jumps in. Maybe wishful thinking but I think today may be the day!!! Remember if he is a SK other States will be involved too so it could be a massive deal to coordinate everything. They have done a good job keeping this under wraps so far.

I'd sure like to think something was happening but when I click the Indiana "Wanted" link I still see the same poster for Libby and Abby.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/indianapolis/wanted

The poster is still on the Indiana main page as well.

Did you see a wanted poster for BG and if you remember, what did it say?

Thats cool hope it can happen in this case, I'd be happy to be wrong:).

I don't think the girls knew him but I'm sure LE has every single number going in and out of both girls phones.

If they didn't know him which is my opinion, I don't think LE can get every single number that hit the cell towers in that location especially since a busy cell tower can cause a phone to bounce to a different cell tower.

With such a small population in that area I bet they did get all the hits on the towers close by. I have read cases where LE got all tower hits in populated areas for a particular area and time frame.

The thing is it would take some real diligence to sort through all of that to find the needle in a haystack and if the person didn't carry their phone then the needle wouldn't be there. If they did find a handful or even one number that set off their alarms they may have to have other evidence to link it to some individual. Things like that may be more helpful at trial if person is caught than to find a person to begin with. Especially if they had a burner phone.

I'd sure like to think something was happening but when I click the Indiana "Wanted" link I still see the same poster for Libby and Abby.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/indianapolis/wanted

The poster is still on the Indiana main page as well.

Did you see a wanted poster for BG and if you remember, what did it say?

I'm not seeing any change because I never saw BG on the national ten most wanted list. Only the seeking info posters that are still available. moo

Just a reminder that if your mail box gets full then you can not receive any new messages. I guess then you must delete messages.

Yes but he was in the 10 most wanted list also and now he isn't.

I swear my heart did a flip flop reading your post.

Admittedly, I never went on the FBI site to check, but I hope it's a good sign if you're correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmo I am feeling very doubtful about the top ten list as a guide to thinking an arrest has taken place...I doubt very much it would be the first thing Delphi LE would do, first of all, and it seems impossible that an arrest in a case like this one has happened without news leaking out. Not to mention...why on earth wouldn't LE want to announce such an arrest?

Jmo I am feeling very doubtful about the top ten list as a guide to thinking an arrest has taken place...I doubt very much it would be the first thing Delphi LE would do, first of all, and it seems impossible that an arrest in a case like this one has happened without news leaking out. Not to mention...why on earth wouldn't LE want to announce such an arrest?
I wish a local could tell us if it looks like anything is going on at the PD or Sheriffs Office tonight.

Maybe Websight will comment, who conducted the very interesting experiment regarding her daughter standing 70 feet in the distance. That's believed to be the same distance between Libby and BG when she captured his image on video. There's a lot of background due to the far off distance that appears LE also would've cropped in order to produce the grainy closeup BG in the centre of the released photo. MOO

Hi Misty. I am arriving late to the party so, if I understand, are you wanting to know if I think LE has blurred portions of the pictures of BG? If I assume yes, then I admit it is hard for me to say, especially since I am such a novice. I'm happy to share my thoughts though after working with these dang photos every which way:

I don't believe that BG has anything erased or blurred or removed from his person. If anything things have been added. I'll explain: LE said these photos were "created" from the video so they aren't simply stills. I tried recreating grabbing a still from video at 70 feet and the still alone could not give me the amount of detail seen in these pictures.

Based on my experimenting with layering, I believe that a few stills may have been layered to get the complete person we have. Since he was moving, partial clearer stills added would need to be layered perhaps at an angle or reduced/enlarged to fit the base still. To me, this would be a good explanation of why the surrounding areas are so blurry.

In layering BG over BG it is very difficult to erase the background each time so blurring is easier. I experienced this same issue when I was combining the two pictures of BG. The surrounding areas were blurry because of the two shots taken at slighty different places and angles. My instinct was to erase one of the backgrounds to get rid of the blurriness created by the combining of the two shots. But, it occured to me that it would be much more time consuming to do this with many layers.

Has LE blurred somone else out of the picture, especially in front? Totally possible and doable. The above were just my observations of what could be logical reasons for all the strangeness around BG but not taking the removal of anyone else into the equation. In other words, was there any other logical reason for all the blurriness in the photos if it wasn't done to remove Abby? I think there was. But that does not make it so.

Not sure if this was what you were looking to know? If interested I can post some examples of the above on the image thread.

BTW, I am not LE or FBI with any knowledge whatsoever regarding capturing and enhancing these photos. With their specialized equipment they may not have needed to do any of the things I have had to do to get similar results. So all of what I think I know could be totally wrong and my procedures unnecessary (like all the layering). So all the above must absolutely be MOO!

Maybe Webby should try to do a video at the same distance, take stills from the vid and blow them up. I understand that video caps are smaller size wise but that could depend on settings.

Hi Steleheart, I did do exactly as you suggest awhile back and posted my results. Those posts are buried deep in the threads now.

What I could do is repost my experiments and results and an update if you like. I would post it to the image thread but I could let you all know when it is up with a message here on the main thread?

I would do it now but it is 3 a.m. here so tomorrow maybe? I am excited to revisit this experiment so thanks for the suggestion!

Hi Misty. I am arriving late to the party so, if I understand, are you wanting to know if I think LE has blurred portions of the pictures of BG? If I assume yes, then I admit it is hard for me to say, especially since I am such a novice. I'm happy to share my thoughts though after working with these dang photos every which way:

I don't believe that BG has anything erased or blurred or removed from his person. LE said these photos were "created" from the video so they aren't simply stills. I tried recreating grabbing a still from video at 70 feet and the still alone could not give me the amount of detail seen in these pictures.

Based on my experimenting with layering, I believe that a few stills may have been layered to get the complete person we have. Since he was moving, partial clearer stills would need to be layered perhaps at an angle or reduced/enlarged to fit the base still. To me, this would be a good explanation of why the surrounding areas are so blurry.

In layering BG over BG it is very difficult to erase the background each time so blurring is easier. I experienced this same issue when I was combining the two pictures of BG. The surrounding areas were blurry becasue of the two shots taken at slighty different places and angles. My instinct was to erase one of the backgrounds to get rid of the blurriness created by the combining of the two shots but it occured to me that it would be much more time consuming to do this with many layers.

Has LE blurred somone else out of the picture, especially in front? Totally possible and doable. The above were just my observations of what could be logical reasons for all the strangeness around BG but not taking the removal of anyone else into the equation. In other words, was there any other logical reason for all the blurriness in the photos if it wasn't done to remove Abby. I think there was. But that does not make it so.

Not sure if this was what you were looking to know? If interested I can post some examples of the above on the image thread.

BTW, I am not LE or FBI with any knowledge whatsoever regarding capturing and enhancing these photos. With their specialized equipment they may not have needed to do any of the things I have had to do to get similar results. So all of what I think I know could be totally wrong and my procedures unnecessary (like all the layering). So all the above must absolutely be MOO!

Thanks for all your very diligent insight! Not quite what I was wondering about but your information is always very enlightening.

Do you think the still frame has been cropped by LE, specifically the outer areas around the BG image? It seems to me it has. I managed to find your experiment photos and at 70 feet, your daughter filled, say 5% of the frame and the other 95% was everything around her. If you had zoomed the entire still frame, not cropping the area around her, I'm guessing your close up photo would be gigantic and so in your example you also cropped the outer areas in attempting to add clarity to her image?

Thank you for bringing that forward I was looking for that several pages back.

I never have thought they were meeting anyone. If they did I think this case would have been solved by now.

Does anyone know why the BG photo and information was removed from the FBI most wanted list? Could that be a sign that they got him?
has it been on the top ten before?

Does anyone have a local connection to see if there is any activity at the PD or Sheriffs Office tonight? I guess we can all wait to see what if anything happens tomorrow. Hope it is a good sign that he is off the National FBI 10 Most Wanted List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme