WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
coldcaseman said:
Sorry for being so graphic, but you can imagine how much of a mess there could be from certain methods of suicide. Lyle was very considerate in that respect.
He probably grew up in the type of enviroment where he was taught to be considerate all the time

Don't worry, that wasn't too graphic- I watch alot of Law Enforcement shows like The First 48, American Justice and Cold Case Files

dark_shadows said:
Hello Outofthedark,
I posted that about the autopsy photo and you replied (click for link).

I do not know how the hotel was set up,but hotels do not keep track of payed customers guests.They do not go up to a person walking in the door and goes past the desk area.Especially if the rooms are not inside the front desk building.(ie;You pull into the parking lot and the motel rooms are right there.)[/QUOTE\
I just looked at the autopsy photos too. i noticed that there was brusing or maybe signs of lividityon the side of his face in the profile photo.Also he had a small laceration at the corner of his right eye in face forward pic. I'm thinking murder.

rpipergirl said:
dark_shadows said:
Hello Outofthedark,

I do not know how the hotel was set up,but hotels do not keep track of payed customers guests.They do not go up to a person walking in the door and goes past the desk area.Especially if the rooms are not inside the front desk building.(ie;You pull into the parking lot and the motel rooms are right there.)[/QUOTE\
I just looked at the autopsy photos too. i noticed that there was brusing or maybe signs of lividityon the side of his face in the profile photo.Also he had a small laceration at the corner of his right eye in face forward pic. I'm thinking murder.
I never noticed that before- i'll have to look again. I did find an enlarged image of the face foward pic on another forum: http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=124711&threadid=823089

An unidentified person's page from geocities made a couple of mistakes about him by saying he used the name "Kyle Stevik" and using the address as Meridian, Indiana...

rpipergirl said:
dark_shadows said:
Hello Outofthedark,

[/QUOTE\
COLDCASEMAN can speak to this possibility better than I can, but he's discussed the evidence in earlier threads and says it doesn't point to murder. I did the digital reconstruction of Lyle's face, and spent a long time looking at his autopsy photos. He had lividity and abrasive marks on one side of his face where his weight was resting against the belt, and that would have been coupled with the likely thrashing that his body went through as he was hanging.

outofthedark said:
I think the laceration came during when he was dying
Correct. During suspension hangings, there are involuntary jerks and movement. The internal fight for survival. The belt came up in front of his face, and the slight abrasion probably came from that. I saw a video tape once where a man filmed his own hanging. He put the noose around his neck while standing on the floor, then bent his knees, very much like Lyle did. The body suddenly slumped, and you could tell the man was unconscious, yet for the next minute his arms moved, and his hands struck and brushed up against his face and neck, clumsily trying to grab the noose. The movements diminished, then stopped. The mark on Lyles neck was consistent with a hanging, as opposed to a strangulation, and I doubt a murderer would leave $120 on the nightstand with a note that read "for the room".

CCM, how many people have been ruled out as Lyle and how many potential matches are there so far- I did find a message board where some people named some potential matches for Lyle- now I know you know about the Chris Lane one...

Someone put David Abramowitz as a possible match...

outofthedark said:
CCM, how many people have been ruled out as Lyle and how many potential matches are there so far- I did find a message board where some people named some potential matches for Lyle- now I know you know about the Chris Lane one...

Someone put David Abramowitz as a possible match...
I've excluded many (probably a hundred). Still haven't excluded Chris Lane, but I don't think it's him. I believe I excluded Abramowitz. Different ears.

Hello rpipergirl,:) :)

Nice to see you.

You need to fix your post. You are running my post into yours. Thank-you. I have done this myself before.:)

rpipergirl said:
dark_shadows said:
Hello Outofthedark,

My quote;

dark_shadows said:
Hello Outofthedark,

I do not know how the hotel was set up,but hotels do not keep track of payed customers guests.They do not go up to a person walking in the door and goes past the desk area.Especially if the rooms are not inside the front desk building.(ie;You pull into the parking lot and the motel rooms are right there.)
This is is your quote;
rpipergirl said:

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

coldcaseman said:
The mark on Lyles neck was consistent with a hanging, as opposed to a strangulation, and I doubt a murderer would leave $120 on the nightstand with a note that read "for the room".
Saying if.......
He could have been forced by one or more persons in the room to hang himself. It would be made to appear to be a suicide. There would not be a strangulation obviously. It would be a hanging. This was brought up before and long before the example below.

To make it look even more like a suicide, yes they would have left the money there.

Here is an example of murder to appear suicide that just happened recently! How could anyone miss this in the news. This is only one example;

Police say 19-year-old Diego Pillco, a construction worker, murdered actress Adrienne Shelly and then tried to make it look like a suicide.

Pillco was charged with second-degree murder, but did not enter a plea at his arraignment. The assistant district attorney said in court that the cause of death was determined to be "compression of the neck," meaning she died from the hanging.

dark_shadows said:
Saying if.......
He could have been forced by one or more persons in the room to hang himself. It would be made to appear to be a suicide. There would not be a strangulation obviously. It would be a hanging. This was brought up before and long before the example below.

To make it look even more like a suicide, yes they would have left the money there.

Here is an example of murder to appear suicide that just happened recently! How could anyone miss this in the news. This is only one example;

Police say 19-year-old Diego Pillco, a construction worker, murdered actress Adrienne Shelly and then tried to make it look like a suicide.

Pillco was charged with second-degree murder, but did not enter a plea at his arraignment. The assistant district attorney said in court that the cause of death was determined to be "compression of the neck," meaning she died from the hanging.
I'm not saying that it hasn't been tried, but in Lyles case, one or more people find a man who registered under an assumed name (someone who does not have a criminal record), they somehow contact him and prepare the room by placing the bedspread over the window curtains, place pillows between the coat rack and the wall to prevent the rack from banging against the wall, write the note in the same handwriting as is on the registration form, force Lyle to take his belt, put it around his neck (with a wash cloth placed between his adams apple and the belt), tie the end of the belt to the rack, and lower himself so that his knees are almost touching the floor. All this, with no noises, no head injury (where he may have been knocked out), and no drugs in his system. You're giving criminals way too much credit. I've seen staged crimes, and no one is this thorough. They always overlook details.

Does anyone have any links to websites with info about Chris Lane or David Abramowitz? I have found a bit on Chris Lane, but very little on Abramowitz.

Thanks

rhyno1974 said:
Does anyone have any links to websites with info about Chris Lane or David Abramowitz? I have found a bit on Chris Lane, but very little on Abramowitz.

Thanks
I can't find anything more on them- I looked

Found a possible match- Valeriy Volodimirovich Nedelyko: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1415dmukr.html

Valeriy Volodimirovich Nedelyko
Missing since August 7, 1994 from Antratsyt, Luhansk region, Ukraine
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: December 22, 1975
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 190 cm (6'2'')
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark hair; hazel eyes.
  • Clothing: Light blue jeans, white t-shirt, shorts, brown socks.

Circumstances of Disappearance
On August 7, 1994 Valeriy left home, and never returned.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Antratsyt Police
06431 3-14-72
06431 3-10-33
Source Information:
Ukraine's Ministry of Interior

Just saw on lyle's doe page the photo of the crisp, and i mean crisp, money that was left for the room. Where did that come from? We all know what happens to money in your pocket for the briefest of time, he had no wallet, but that would have wrinkled it as well. He had no luggage, so where did he have this money to keep it so crisp?

The only thing I can think of is that it was kept in a book maybe or it was fresh from the bank? I wonder if banks were checked for anyone matching him withdrawing money....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken