IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geofiltering might exist in February 2017 but that still wouldn't allow BG to track down Abby and Libby unless they posted a snap with a geofilter of 'Monon Bridge,' or whatever else is available in the area.

That's my point really, that unless the killer specifically had them added and seen them posting their exact location, he couldn't have used Snapchat to track them down and do what he did.

The whole point of these threads is to track down who killed these girls and bring them to justice. All these posts completely misunderstanding what technology they had available is just muddying the water and providing people with theories that quite frankly aren't true or plausible.

Yes, I agree. Almost always these crimes are of opportunity. Or like most crimes that are not domestic, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BBM

It may be muddying the waters, but this is how the members here learn from one another. Those who know pointing out the facts to those who don't help keep things on track.

Geofiltering might exist in February 2017 but that still wouldn't allow BG to track down Abby and Libby unless they posted a snap with a geofilter of 'Monon Bridge,' or whatever else is available in the area.

That's my point really, that unless the killer specifically had them added and seen them posting their exact location, he couldn't have used Snapchat to track them down and do what he did.

The whole point of these threads is to track down who killed these girls and bring them to justice. All these posts completely misunderstanding what technology they had available is just muddying the water and providing people with theories that quite frankly aren't true or plausible.

What really bothers me is that there are probably family members of the BG that recognize him through the pics and sketch and may fear him. If he has older children, their friends may suspect him.
I don't think he probably did much to change his appearance since February, perhaps he's now clean shaven. I'm thinking the white we see near his neck in the pics was his white beard that was twisted or braided. It was there in February, but he's probably clean shaven now.

He may no longer use the jacket, but may have worn it extensively in the past. I think on top of his head is some type of camo skull cap, he may not be wearing anymore, but again, he wore it habitually prior to February.

The two things, no more beard, no more camo skull cap may be enough for folks not to notice him now.

But, his family knows better

That guy in the photo looks like LE or FD with his epaulettes. I've not seen it before.

Re the adverts I have noticed that happens a lot. When posters were discussing and posting images of handcuffs and goggles they came up for me for ages afterwards. I still get pics of radiators coming up that I searched for months ago.

Get a on your computer...it will eliminate the tracking of your searches....

Hi again Barbie619!

Good points, but you know what? LE doesn't care.

Rather I should say, they care but the public safety issue does not override their mission to find the perp.

In my opinion, if there is a conflict of interest between releasing information for public safety versus giving the perp an inside edge, the public's right to be warned will get torpedoed every time.

LE's goal is only to get the perp. LE figures the public ought to be able to figure out on their own that they need to take safety precautions.

The public is not the priority. Nor is our right to be warned. Getting the perp is all that matters.

Well, here I am again, doing my broken record thing, when I just vowed I was taking myself off 'repeat.'

I'm sorry Barbie619. I don't mean for you to get the brunt of my frustration. It's just me. I'm really cranky and crabby lately. Out of sorts.

I do want you to know that I very much enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions. Please keep posting...

Good morning Jazztime I am not offended at all. I'm sorry to hear your not feeling like yourself lately. Maybe the heat of the summer is taking it's toll.

The beauty of WS community is that we can all share our thoughts, opinions, feelings, and facts we are able to gather safely here. I am often humbled when these smart wonderful people here give me something that helps me think of something I never would have thought on my own, including your posts. It's insightful and allows one to think outside the box when we become laser focused on what we think.

Our differences of opinions and shared thoughts here only make us expand our minds. I apologize if I offended you in any way if your belief is one thing and mine is another, never my intention. I think we all share one main thought here and that's to help one another find these killers. I love this WS community because it's a place where we can freely discuss these case's. No man is a Island, all of us putting our heads together are helpful in one way or another.

On a more personal level I don't openly discuss these crimes with my family and friends, only in generic terms. So having a place to go where we can do this together is wonderful.

My fascination with crimes came for me at a early age. I was just 16 in 1976 and had just started dating my first boyfriend when David Berkowitz "Son Of Sam" began hitting the news in my area. That was when I started paying attention to real crimes, I guess out of fear because he hadn't been caught and he was killing couples. And here I am 41 years later up to my eyeballs in trying to assist if at all possible to help within this community....... It's all good!!!!!!:happydance:

no. bridge guy.

i don't know if he tracked the girls online, i really don't think he did. but i was just thinking about how he's been able to hide for so long, as in someone who works from home and doesn't have many friends. i mean this guy EXISTS, but WHO IS HE? someone has to know who this is???

I have just been thinking about the fact that he hasn't been found yet either!!! I am baffled because there is audio, images, and now a sketch and no arrest. I think it is not generating enough media coverage. Something like this happening where I live would be plastered everyday in some manner, local news, national news, social media, every way you could think of it would be out there.

My personal feelings and I am only thinking in terms of really putting out a media blitz from the family. I'm not sure why that hasn't been done by the family. One phone call, one email to the right news outlet and this would be plastered Nationwide!!! Think morning shows, Good Day America, The Today Show, something along the lines of this kind of coverage will help push this case along to a massive group of people!!!!!

Get a on your computer...it will eliminate the tracking of your searches....
It's my mobile but thanks anyway. Anyone want to have a go at answering my question about the Abbey SC photo appearing on line 7 hours after it was taken? How did that happen then with all this geo-f stuff? Did a friend or relative release it? Just wondering.

Thanks, you are right; I am guilty. I do apologize for my posts that steered us off course.

I've learned so much here from others who have a wealth of knowledge in these areas. Big thanks to all of you for stepping up and sharing it...

the date thing is creepy, but would be oh so hard to pull off. i mean he has to find two girls by a bridge on a certain day? either he lucked out big time, or it's a totally weird coincidence. like a spooky story!

i kinda sorta wouldn't be suprised if the two cases were related. that would be one stealth serial killer.

when i look at the original photo capture, and if you told me that was not a suspect in a crime, i would look at him as a person who was sort of a loner who didn't seem to care much about himself, not sporty, in shape or friendly. like don't look this guy in the eye kinda thing. of course he could be dressed completely differently than usual, thinking there may be cameras, but i don't know if someone who likes to hurt little girls even thinks about cameras when he starts stalking his victims.

I agree and would like to add that Libby's phone was not taken as far as we know. That to me sounds like a guy not quite on the ball in life and wasn't planning anything in particular that day and lord knows what possessed him to do that. I hope we learn more once he's captured that's for sure.

So all men should have a curfew because of the very bad minority who prey on women? Why not instead make women observe a curfew for their own safety? Both ideas, in my opinion are absurd.

I'm a woman, married to a man and raised/raising three sons. While I hate the fact that I, as a woman, have to take safety precautions to do simple things that are in my legal right (jogging, meeting a friend for drinks at night, etc.), I really don't want my kids (or husband) penalized because they have penises -- even though we're penalized for our lack of.

I actually said that in jest. But sadly it has to be women who are constantly having to modify our lives just to keep ourselves as safe as possible. I have two son's and I am about to have two grandchildren that are boys, so I get what your saying, but I wasn't being serious. I just wish I suppose that women could be as free from fear as most men.

I have been wary of Snapchat in this case ever since I saw the photo of Abby with the 7 hours on it . Do we know how that became available and why the case was subsequently dubbed the SC murders?
Bringing forward my unanswered question.
Also, I want to point out that our worst child/teen murderers here in the UK were both couples (pure evil) - Hindley and Brady followed by the Wests - so we should not rule out that the accomplice could be female and helping to shield BG from suspicion. JMO.

I'm only on pg. 34 of this thread, but someone posted something that made me think he might be an oil field worker. A quick search of oil and gas jobs led me to Huntington and Fishers. Those are a good distance from Delphi but I don't think they are out of the question at all. The main oilfield seems to be east of Indianapolis but spans many counties north and south. I'm not super familiar with how that industry works but it seems ripe for a possibly irregular work pattern. I hope they've gone to that part of the state and flashed this sketch all over those work sites.
Jumping forward from this post: Vectron Energy (sp?) is laying pipeline across central IN and has been for months. They have a lot of out of state guys working on it - I spoke with a guy from Alabama last week. Maybe BG is a summer worker in the area, with family back home but nobody keeping tabs on his day-to-day activities?

Good morning Jazztime I am not offended at all. I'm sorry to hear your not feeling like yourself lately. Maybe the heat of the summer is taking it's toll.

The beauty of WS community is that we can all share our thoughts, opinions, feelings, and facts we are able to gather safely here. I am often humbled when these smart wonderful people here give me something that helps me think of something I never would have thought on my own, including your posts. It's insightful and allows one to think outside the box when we become laser focused on what we think.

Our differences of opinions and shared thoughts here only make us expand our minds. I apologize if I offended you in any way if your belief is one thing and mine is another, never my intention. I think we all share one main thought here and that's to help one another find these killers. I love this WS community because it's a place where we can freely discuss these case's. No man is a Island, all of us putting our heads together are helpful in one way or another.

On a more personal level I don't openly discuss these crimes with my family and friends, only in generic terms. So having a place to go where we can do this together is wonderful.

My fascination with crimes came for me at a early age. I was just 16 in 1976 and had just started dating my first boyfriend when David Berkowitz "Son Of Sam" began hitting the news in my area. That was when I started paying attention to real crimes, I guess out of fear because he hadn't been caught and he was killing couples. And here I am 41 years later up to my eyeballs in trying to assist if at all possible to help within this community....... It's all good!!!!!!:happydance:

Beautifully written post!! Eloquent statement about the WS community. Makes me feel so blessed to be here.

The WS community is blessed to have YOU here too. You are a jewel. Your post above is just one example of your kind, caring heart!

Please keep sharing your thoughts. I really enjoy reading them...

Jumping forward from this post: Vectron Energy (sp?) is laying pipeline across central IN and has been for months. They have a lot of out of state guys working on it - I spoke with a guy from Alabama last week. Maybe BG is a summer worker in the area, with family back home but nobody keeping tabs on his day-to-day activities?

Since this happened in February I'm leaning away from the summer worker theory, but it's definitely possible he's from out of state and was working in Indiana for some sort of work project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my mobile but thanks anyway. Anyone want to have a go at answering my question about the Abbey SC photo appearing on line 7 hours after it was taken? How did that happen then with all this geo-f stuff? Did a friend or relative release it? Just wondering.

As I understand it the photo did not appear online 7 hours after they were missing.

It was viewed 7 hours after it was taken...possibly by family and shown to LE.

moo

RSBM
Do you know what they had available? What if they had a phone noone knew about or were contacted with an untraceable app? We cannot muddy the water when it is already muddy and these threads are available for opinion and speculation to everyone.

As I understand it the photo did not appear online 7 hours after they were missing.

It was viewed 7 hours after it was taken...possibly by family and shown to LE.

moo
I thought it appeared within 24 hours of their disappearance via a news agency? I could be wrong but my point is it is now public domain so SC was/is not secure. The Internet is not secure.

new thread coming up in a few. Be prepared to move over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper