GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Molly and her father were in fear of Jason' - defence lawyer to argue

As prosecution case ends in murder trial, it is still not clear if Martens-Corbett will testify, writes Ralph Riegel in Lexington

There was so much blood in the bedroom, hallway and bathroom that forensic expert Dr Stuart James had to divide the scene into 15 different areas for blood pattern analysis.
Jurors have already been told by paramedics, police officers and a crime scene examiner that there were no cuts, bruises or visible injuries to either Ms Martens-Corbett or Mr Martens at the scene.
Ms Martens-Corbett declined to attend hospital for assessment or treatment.
http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...f-jason-defence-lawyer-to-argue-35995629.html

No mention of the fear Jason felt as he was pounded with 2 weapons over and over hunted down as he tried to escape . What about Jason why doesn't he matter ? His life had meaning too . He was loved and he is missed. He has touched the lives of so many . They executed him in his own home with his children sleeping in a room upstairs . Heinous atrocious and cruel

No that's on point. Think we could actually sign off till it's over. But for 2 years I've been thinking about how next week and what next week will do to Jason's family. Adding" insult to injury" has never been a more appropriate phrase. Thinking of them all

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Agree. They will drag JC's name through the mud over the next few days.

All IMO

Does anyone else have a tremendous feeling of what it must have been like dealing with this on a daily basis for years. Imo it was grinding down possibly soul destroying

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Yes and we know their case . Tom decided to make a visit because he couldn't wait to play golf with his buddy Jason .Jason turned into the incredible hulk after taking Tradazone and drinking beer all day . He was choking (maybe even upgraded strangling now) Molly, dad walks in Jasons saying sorry :scared: bitter battle (no injuries to either and a bloodbath of a room with Jasons brain splatter all over it ) the paramedics caused more injuries then they ever did with the bat and stone and police didn't do their job right , the dna expert doesn't know what hes doing . the blood spatter expert doesn't know what he's doing . Its all a big conspiracy to get Molly and her dad locked up . Am I missing anyone else to blame ?????

Nope, I think you got it spot on!

Oh wait, no, the judge is biased by not dismissing the charges....

All IMO

:clap:

Guys I am worried. Is is not risky strategy keeping an ace card up your sleeve in case you need it for rebuttal? I was expecting evidence on phone calls between the Martens and at the very least evidence that three flights were booked not four. I thought the hasty cremation arrangements and the behaviour with FBI uncle Mike arriving at MPS demanding Jasons stuff, would be put forward. Maybe the prosecution have to be careful about what they put before the jury, in case of an Appeal but I was really hoping the evidence would be strong about Jason planning to move home. Or at least tension regarding Jason's refusal to allow adoptions.

Thanks Stephan I do recall what the search warrant said; I do not believe that there was any 'new' bat brought to the property. I am rather going by the defence assertion that there was indeed a new bat for JC (but no gift for SC) brought that evening and how this can be proven. Newly purchased is easy, you have a receipt. But ME as family spokesperson has stated it was a bat from the house in Tenneessee so not as easy to prove. If we had any proof - either way - of whether a second bat was found at the property this would be very conclusive to me.

All IMO

All IMO

Yes and on page 97 the "inventory of items seized" from the warrant regarding the bate and related photos or digital files they do notlist the bat or athletic bag as being seized. That tells me the bat was not there. Hmmmm

Also can anyone explain why TM co worker testimony allowed about what he said re Jason when MPS co worker was not allowed testify re what Jason said re his marriage state?

Guys I am worried. Is is not risky strategy keeping an ace card up your sleeve in case you need it for rebuttal? I was expecting evidence on phone calls between the Martens and at the very least evidence that three flights were booked not four. I thought the hasty cremation arrangements and the behaviour with FBI uncle Mike arriving at MPS demanding Jasons stuff, would be put forward. Maybe the prosecution have to be careful about what they put before the jury, in case of an Appeal but I was really hoping the evidence would be strong about Jason planning to move home. Or at least tension regarding Jason's refusal to allow adoptions.

ME attending at MPS would not be allowed. He is not on trial. If he gives evidence for the defence maybe it will admitted.

It may be risky. At the moment I think the physical and scientific evidence are strong. We know the defence will be to emphasis on the emotional side, poor abused woman. Brave father protecting her. Rebuttal should be to rebut these.

The way I look at It, it's like a game of poker. You always need a few cards up your sleeve.

All IMO

I am with you on this concern.. warrant stated large amounts of money withdrawn from joint account post homicide..
also the texts between MM and sM?
The texts between MM, Sm And TM on the date of the murder?

Prosecution case is looking decidedly weak on analysis of the scraps of information we have received today already incl news accounts.

I am prepared to hope that massive chunks of info were not reported on.
I am concerned that warrants stated Murder 1 and when charge was changed to 2nd degree that it may have negated the warrants.. or that new warrants had to be issued subsequently and were not granted in full?

I dont honestly know and I have no way of finding out for sure.
Again, it seems to be a waiting game.

I am with you on this concern.. warrant stated large amounts of money withdrawn from joint account post homicide..
also the texts between MM and sM?
The texts between MM, Sm And TM on the date of the murder?
Prosecution case is looking decidedly weak on analysis of the scraps of information we have received today already incl news accounts.

I am prepared to hope that massive chunks of info were not reported on.
I am concerned that warrants stated Murder 1 and when charge was changed to 2nd degree that it may have negated the warrants.. or that new warrants had to be issued subsequently and were not granted in full?

I dont honestly know and I have no way of finding out for sure.
Again, it seems to be a waiting game.

Please no one give up yet. Surely the prosecution would not ask the question below without an answer? Isn't overkill, overkill? Could there be any answer that suffices to explain the overkill?

In the state's opening statement, the prosecution shared with the jury that Martens had struck Corbett in the head with bat "The state counters the idea of self-defense, posing the question to jurors, "Why didn't he stop?"

http://myfox8.com/2017/07/25/trial-begins-in-death-of-irish-businessman-in-davidson-county/

I've said it before but will say it again. The result in this case is probably coming down to TM's testimony. The jury is always going to want an explanation from the other side in a self defense case.

I've said it before but will say it again. The result in this case is probably coming down to TM's testimony. The jury is always going to want an explanation from the other side in a self defense case.

I dont think it takes precedence over forensic evidence ?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...f-jason-defence-lawyer-to-argue-35995629.html

No mention of the fear Jason felt as he was pounded with 2 weapons over and over hunted down as he tried to escape . What about Jason why doesn't he matter ? His life had meaning too . He was loved and he is missed. He has touched the lives of so many . They executed him in his own home with his children sleeping in a room upstairs . Heinous atrocious and cruel

perfect closing statements in my opinion stephan

Im not losing faith . There will be Justice . If the Jurors even knew half of what we know and its presented in the rebuttal it will be the final nail in their coffins. On the RTE news this evening it was mentioned Tracey was asked about the night Mags past away . Defence still going to go with this . Big mistake by them I think . Lynn is still to testify for sure . Judge said he won't allow at this time . Hes leaving the door open . The lack of info reporting is definitely not helping . The experts the prosecution presented excel in their fields . Thats their job pick holes create reasonable doubt .

Im not losing faith . There will be Justice . If the Jurors even knew half of what we know and its presented in the rebuttal it will be the final nail in their coffins. On the RTE news this evening it was mentioned Tracey was asked about the night Mags past away . Defence still going to go with this . Big mistake by them I think . Lynn is still to testify for sure . Judge said he won't allow at this time . Hes leaving the door open . The lack of info reporting is definitely not helping . The experts the prosecution presented excel in their fields . Thats their job pick holes create reasonable doubt .

Oh no!
The poor Fitzpatrick family.. Mike died just 9 months ago... they are grieving and they grieve Mags still..
to try to bring her death into this is beyond any realm of decency..
Lets send them some love, eh?

I dont think it takes precedence over forensic evidence ?

The forensic showed a violent killing. The question is whether such was justified, that's what the defense contends. The jury wants to hear WHY it would be justified. The only ones that could answer that are TM and MM and I still think it's very unlikely that MM gets anywhere near a witness stand.

Poor kittythehare! You sound so frustrated. I really feel for our Irish friends trying to follow. I could only say that this all seems normal to me as far as the court proceedings. The judge is the expert on the law and trials, so he knows in his mind what is allowed and will limit both sides to a narrow focus and interpretation of the law that goes to the heart of the case arguments.

For example, the Prosecution cannot bring up prior convictions that have no direct bearing on a case. But if a defendant takes the stand for the Defense, then that "opens the door" for the Prosecution to bring up any prior convictions and prison sentences.

For MM, if she took the stand, the judge might disallow her prior psychiatric history because she is claiming self-defense from an assailant and MM is not claiming diminished capacity or insanity. OTOH the judge might decide to allow such information as generally indicative of her state of mind, character or good judgment.

The judge will not allow the Prosecution to create any unfair prejudice against the defendants which is likely underlying some of today's disallowed testimony or exclusion of any certain evidence. In the USA everyone has an absolute right to self defense. The State must prove that they are guilty of more than self defense. The judge denied the Defense motion to dismiss, so he is saying that the Prosecution has met the burden of the prima facie case that this MAY be second degree murder, let us proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop