GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is also a possibility of course NoseyNellie. I only know Atlanta by google maps. :) Is the neighborhood the girl mentioned where Jenna lived?

It's kind of close to both, depending on how you want to look at it. I saw people who reviewed Jenna's apartment complex say it's in the Buckhead area, which is a stretch but that happens here. People want to say they live in a nicer area.

Looking at that page gives me anxiety thinking about living in an apartment with a total stranger.

It seems like someone could use that page as a way to find unsuspecting girls who are new to the city and get them into something like trafficking. Just my thoughts.

So updates.. long day yesterday. We managed to gain access to her email and facebook to see if we can find any clues. Nothing yet. We did have a few friends ask about the activity on her page and have let them know what was going on. The most helpful aspect so far has been Google TImeline and mapping her wearabouts to the phone logs. The tricky part right now is figuring out the last few hours before her activity ends. There is this apartment / townhome I mentioned. Still figuring out the deal with that and then I discovered that the timeline goes a bit more and shows driving from there down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Opera night club. We also know that she was in my moms cars most of that night, so she had to have come back (with someone we assume) to have the cars switched

Hasn't yet, but hoping they do finger print it. I would say its about 4 feet long and when I say takes two people to put back up, its a long frame and pretty heavy as well

Nothing else taken at the house that we can find, nothing else valuable taken that we can find

Curious as to what they find fingerprint wise?
I'm sure it was wiped Maybe was never taken off the wall
JMO Any cams in the area?

Everything seems very strange here. JMO

I was thinking the same thing!! Certainly one wouldn't think by hanging the frame back up, no one would notice the tapestry missing...

maybe it was never taken off the wall! possible the glass broke and they pulled it out.
just a thought.

maybe it was never taken off the wall! possible the glass broke and they pulled it out.
just a thought.

I thought that and then Subie clarified that the big piece of glass didn't fall out until police tried to move the frame.

Quote from Subie

Hey guys sorry I've been a little checked out on this . Been a bit over whelmed still.
I should mention on that picture frame, the missing piece of glass was still on the frame when I found it. It fell out when we and the police took the frame down to inspect and due to safety kept it off

What sends me into high alert that something is very wrong is the fact that Jenna seems to be such an animal lover--I am very very much the same way and I would NEVER leave a cat that needed medicine.

But if she was house sitting and taking care of the cat why did brother go to give the cat the meds? And check on the house? I am confused!

But if she was house sitting and taking care of the cat why did brother go to give the cat the meds? And check on the house? I am confused!

I'm sorry, I can't find his post but Subie explained that she didn't want to give her the oral meds. It sounded like she didn't feel comfortable with that task so that is why he and the vet assistant helped. I have a cat and it's not fun getting her to do anything, let alone take medicine.

It sounds like she was really attached to the cat. It's 21, so she's had it most of her life. I got the impression she wanted to be there to take care of it, just not administer meds.

I think subie_climber said that Jenna was not comfortable administering one of the meds to the cat so he came over to do it for her. I'll try to find and quote. BRB.

I read that google maps timeline can be inaccurate at times. There are whole forums with people confused as to why the timeline shows places they've never been too. People whose spouses are convinced they're cheating etc. because of inaccurate google timeline. Sounds like if wifi signal is poor it can maybe pick up phone signals of other people nearby...just something to consider.

Well, crap, I can't find it. Maybe I dreamed that up.

Would you like me to do a time line, bases on everything is written here (facts)? Or do you have it? In one of the FB posts somebody is mentioning every? place she used her debet? card, there should be an exact time on this information.... on this moment I don't have an precise overview...but how is the food-date (and Jenna not showing up) with this friend fit in? And her phone calls/messages..She is laying down...at app. 2 hmm.

I think subie_climber said that Jenna was not comfortable administering one of the meds to the cat so he came over to do it for her. I'll try to find and quote. BRB.

Thanks guys ill catch up then post I'm way back on page 5.
She did not live there did she?

Would you like me to do a time line, bases on everything is written here (facts)? Or do you have it? In one of the FB posts somebody is mentioning every? place she used her debet? card, there should be an exact time on this information.... on this moment I don't have an precise overview...but how is the food-date (and Jenna not showing up) with this friend fit in? And her phone calls/messages..She is laying down...at app. 2 hmm.

How does that lady know where she last used her debit card? It says three trips to the gas station in one day.

I really don't know the info is quit explicit....maybe somebody from the family/friend...

Would you like me to do a time line, bases on everything is written here (facts)? Or do you have it? <respectfully snipped>.

:seeya:

I would like that very much! And as you know, all of us will pitch in to help with references as needed, update and correct as we always do :giggle: as we are :websleuther:

Having a timeline (with links for reference on each piece of information if possible) to :websleuther: is right up our alley to help out and put all the information together

:tyou:

So updates.. long day yesterday. We managed to gain access to her email and facebook to see if we can find any clues. Nothing yet. We did have a few friends ask about the activity on her page and have let them know what was going on. The most helpful aspect so far has been Google TImeline and mapping her wearabouts to the phone logs. The tricky part right now is figuring out the last few hours before her activity ends. There is this apartment / townhome I mentioned. Still figuring out the deal with that and then I discovered that the timeline goes a bit more and shows driving from there down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Opera night club. We also know that she was in my moms cars most of that night, so she had to have come back (with someone we assume) to have the cars switched

What? She was supposedly in mom's car for driving around to a townhouse (don't know location, did parents own or ??) the city, then went near Piedmont Park where app shut off, then came home "after" the google timeline stopped?

And then came back to house and deposited mom's car (where was text from as to towers? fingerprints on car?), talked to a friend, then later texted she was laying down (after the app shut down to locate, but text will show locale? ) and then ? left in her car?

My hinkey meter is off the charts!

:confused:

:scared:

:gaah:

Yepper, that timeline upthread that was offered is needed for sure!

ETA:

Subie...

And no credit card useage for her travels out that night Subie after 6 pm or such? Where is this townhome I keep hearing about? Owned and lived in by ???

Can you speak to credit card or debit card useage that day/night (times/locations) as we are not allowed to refer to anything that is on facebook comments here to put in a timeline. :moo: :cow: (ETA: <---- Those symbols are for In My Own Opinion (moo and cow mooing icons for newbies)

:seeya:

I would like that very much! And as you know, all of us will pitch in to help with references as needed, update and correct as we always do :giggle: as we are :websleuther:

Having a timeline (with links for reference on each piece of information if possible) to :websleuther: is right up our alley to help out and put all the information together

:tyou:

A timeline would be great.

I made a map of points based on debit card usage. Is it allowed to be posted here, considering it is coming from a SM poster?

A timeline would be great.

I made a map of points based on debit card usage. Is it allowed to be posted here, considering it is coming from a SM poster?

That would be great, especially in relation to apt/house/townhome/last on google etc.!

Not a mod, but no, information gleamed from social media comments are not allowed in this forum :moo: Especially if we are going to make a timeline and have maps :cow: . (refer to Rules thread)

That is why I'm asking our VI to say it here so we can talk about and do maps etc. ( If our VI agrees with the location information of what is in the public forum at the FB site )

HTH

ETA: I'm not telling you how to post, as that is against :tos: ... just sharing what my impressions are of :tos:

SUDIE: Can we send you the map for you to post perhaps with your approval?

Sorry new here so I hope ideas are allowed to be posted. None of the ideas below are factual, they are all purely imagined scenarios and theoretical. wanted to register instead of just reading. Know subie from University and am following the case, don't know his sister. Everything I write is purely to inspire others to think and dig on this and try to understand the psychology. I'm a 27 year old female who used to live in atl so I'm going to try to run through some scenarios. My mom is a psychologist, so I've grown up trying to understand motivations. If this isn't allowed as a type of post please let me know.

Several things I've noticed- the quilt is about 5ft and Jenna is 4ft11 according to flyers.

So back when I was younger and living in Atlanta - and I checked and do have many friends of friends in common with her - some weird scenario like this would be more likely because of something like drugs. I'm not going to say any of them do that now, but young people are idiots in some of those circles and can give someone something without knowing what they've done. So imagine a group of people on something like LSD. She doesn't even have to be part of that, her friends just show up on something. She's cold, they start tripping and wandering about. They see the anubis figure and one of them knows anubis was the god of mummification so thinks its a great idea to take the quilt out and make her a mummy ("hey jenna this one is about your size"). I'm not going to go further with that idea because it's not a good idea to visit at all, just going to throw it out there. But the trip isn't going so well probably because she wasn't willingly tripping or prepared and they decide to drive somewhere better. Don't tell me people can't drive on LSD, I've heard of that happening in Atlanta as well. You hope they don't. But anyways.

When all is better the next day she realizes that she has taken her parent's quilt and is ashamed. Knowing several people as friends with high functioning autism, shame can make them really withdraw because they don't know how to understand what people think of them, they just know they did something bad. Especially if someone tells them they did something bad. Similarly, if the one I know the best did something he thought was wrong or realized was wrong, cutting all contact would not be out of the picture. Even to the point of not turning the phone on, regardless if it breaks routines. Maybe weeks.

But with no credit card use? Phones gone? Something else is more likely to be up. She'd eventually be using money, friends don't help forever or feed you forever. If not, she's possibly hiding out with a very very sympathetic friend she's known a long time.

The ex does not sound good, have they looked into him more? Or any love interests? What are his interests? Does he like Egyptian mythology?did he just lose a job? Did he stalk her? How about neighbors at any of the places? Surely someone saw something or she screamed if she was not carried out of that house (but then why lock doors?). Druid Hills and where that house is - nice area. That wouldn't go unnoticed, neither would screaming or an argument.

as a girl, if I was searching for my family's other houses when I had an obligation, and dropped a meeting with a friend, there would be one reason: one of my crazy exes. They're on to me, and I'm trying to bail asap somewhere they can't find me. Probably panicking. Probably manage to lock doors but not turn off lights or grab chargers, that can wait. But imagine a very crazy ex who walked there several km. He's on foot and already outside. All bets are off. But like I said previously, she'd have to have made it further because neighbors would have seen something. She had another meeting or the crazy ex had her meet him. Where is the ex from - state, city? I know that was a while ago but people hold onto grudges from relationships for years.

But then the missing quilt makes no sense. So ok, if someone wanted that and was the same person who set her up to steal before. Imagine an Atlanta gangster type sitting there high "that thing is dope, when did you parents get that? I want that" but then why remove it so carefully? They'd take off with the whole thing.

is the missing suitcase only something she'd know where it was? This reminds me of when I was a kid and thought it was a brilliant plan to take suitcases with my best friend and drag them behind our bikes to get to NASA and try to be kid astronauts. Needless to say, she didn't make it out of her driveway and got spanked. Anyhow, imagine an adult version of that scenario. Someone tells her to come, and bring something as a gift. It's really important they say, or they are going on a trip. Imagine like an email prince of Nigeria scam type scenario. I can imagine my autistic friend also going for this one. Remember that even if you're high functioning you always tell the truth so you believe everyone else is, too. It's hard to take something as a joke or irony. Could also explain the quilt.

How has she made money the past months? I'll go out and say my parents are helping me through grad school expenses so that makes sense, but is it clearly enough to support all the expenses or was there likely a side job? If she did talk to her mom every day, did the mom hear her stressed or in weird environments? What was she doing with her time since losing the job?

Has anyone taken any scent dogs near any of the family apartments or her old place?

Another thought not along the trafficker route - haven't spent much time in Atlanta the past few years - are there any Jewish hate crimes or reasons she would be targeted?

All the other possibilities I'm sure are being covered by all the LE and FBI involved, but just trying to figure out what may go through her mind or other ideas.

There's always the possibility that she is reading all of this and is even more ashamed. I hope she is found soon

:wagon:

LSD is not that common to hear of in Atlanta, more of the meth, and the *bad* oxy stuff going around.

I like your idea of she may be ashamed, but her parents video shows they are loving and wanting her back and heartbroken, and her car hasn't been found so that leads me to think otherwise. And MSM saying that she spoke to her mom twice a day. Last night I kept thinking, perhaps she ran off the roadway somewhere, but the new info this am from VI has me reconsidering today.

As to neighbors hearing, it was at night, and air conditioners running and thick walls, and not the hood where young folks are up late at night seeing things. Going out of the hood towards Briarcliff, they would not pass any stores with surveillance. Perhaps now they have more information on when she/her phone/cars left the house to see other residential surveillance? I would :praying: flyers have been put out on the route, and LE captured all of them before overwritten.

ETA: I've never heard of a jewish hate crime in the area. The jewish community is well respected and honored in Atlanta in my opinion. Especially in the areas of town that her parents lived and her apartment, as they both border the North Druid Hills Eruv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member