Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed there are 13 members and 65 guests visiting this Crystal McDowell thread right this minute. I'm bumping a link from Websleuths site owner Tricia Griffith. Websleuths needs our help, if you're able to contribute.

https://www..com/websleuths

More info: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/announcement.php?f=159

:loveyou:

Just read an article from the baytown sun.

It said that she had an opening and a closing at 2 pm. She talked to her uncle on the phone Friday morning and told him. We don't have a phone call time but that may be where 7:03 is coming from.

Thinking the uncle only trusts himself, which is smart.

The ex may not have worried too much cause she likely often got busy with clients for work. He was probably used to her being late. Real estate life is a bit unpredictable.

Her uncle may have been in contact with her ex before he got worried enough to report her missing himself. The uncle reported her missing Saturday morning but may have talked to her ex Friday afternoon while trying to locate her. This is why I don't think it's too weird that her ex didn't report it.

It said that she had an opening and a closing at 2 pm. She talked to her uncle on the phone Friday morning and told him. We don't have a phone call time but that may be where 7:03 is coming from.

The ex may not have worried too much cause she likely often got busy with clients for work. He was probably used to her being late. Real estate life is a bit unpredictable.

Her uncle may have been in contact with her ex before he got worried enough to report her missing himself. The uncle reported her missing Saturday morning but may have talked to her ex Friday afternoon while trying to locate her. This is why I don't think it's too weird that her ex didn't report it.

7:03 is the last time she is seen on BF's Security Cameras..

I am suprised her BF did not report her missing because he was the last person to physically see her.

Are we sure 7:03 is the camera time?

I assumed before but now wondering about the phone call.

Yes. It is listed as the last time she is seen on camera on the PI's website.

I was under the impression that all contact that morning was by text message. I don't recall anyone saying they actually spoke to her. Anybody have a link for that?

I am suprised her BF did not report her missing because he was the last person to physically see her.
I don't see how that's relevant but maybe I'm missing something. He wouldn't have any idea he was the last person to see her until someone thinks she's missing and starts investigating.

Has anyone heard what, if anything ...was found in her car? Specifically, her bag? If it wasn't found in her car, I find that curious. Could mean she got out of the car with it, but where? Or whoever has her or took her.. they needed that bag to disappear as well? It supposedly or possibly had BF's laptop or something similar in it. Anyone know anything that I may have missed ?

I've been lurking for days and thought I'd finally register so I could be a part of the discussion. I live in Houston, TX and I have yet to see Crystal on the local news. I've learned more about her disappearance here than anywhere else!

Here are some random thoughts I have. I realize they are scattered all over the place:

1) Looking at the stills, I think it's very possible she is wearing the same dress in both pictures. In the one where she appears to be wearing a black dress, just look at her hair, skin, and the wall behind her. It's all dark. In the one with her in a lilac dress, you can make out her face and blonde hair. So it seems more like a lighting/exposure issue than anything else. I find it pretty hard to believe that the boyfriend would be stupid enough to grab two stills of her in different colored dresses and hope that no one notices. Isn't it more logical that there is an innocent explanation? I'm sure we could all replicate this effect by photographing one of our own pieces of clothing in different areas of our house--say, in a room that faces east and another one that faces south.

2) I don't think that the boyfriend saying "if you can" rather than "when you can" is anything to fuss over. Saying "if" is basically implying "if you're not busy."

3) Someone pages back made the argument that she wouldn't have been able to see the LED sign from the road, but if you look at the pictures of his business on yelp, it clearly shows the sign next to the road.

4) I don't think it's fair to judge him on how lovey dovey/clingy he appears. For all we know he and Crystal were friends long before their decision to make their relationship official. I think a lot of people are assuming that they met and started dating within the last two months.

5) <modsnip>

I guess I'm just surprised by all the boyfriend hate on here. Hopefully you guys don't think I'm a shill. lol.

<modsnip>

I do have a lot of questions that I hope are answered though. Like, why would Crystal need to go there and get her kids in the first place? If they were originally supposed to be in school (before it was cancelled), why couldn't the ex just bring them? If the ex did something to her, where were the kids? Did he leave them at home asleep and trick Crystal into meeting him somewhere close to the motel where her car was found? Did the ex go into work that day at all, and did he bring the kids with them? If so, what time?

I recognize how it's a little odd for me to defend the boyfriend and then jump right into suspecting the ex, but I feel like these are really easy questions that would rule him out immediately if we just knew the answers.

Realistically, I'm not sure there was any way for him to *know* he was the last person to physically see her (as far as we know, anyway).

We do not know if she drove away.
She was last seen in a black dress.

The stills he provided were of her wearing a light purple dress.
Yes there was video of her driving away and leaving the house. One of the 2 private Facebook groups mentioned it. I'm sure that's part of the reason the LE said the boyfriend want a suspect. There's video of him on the house after she left and at his job.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't know the situation regarding cell service during Hurricane Harvey. in the greater Houston area. I live in southwest Louisiana where we experience hurricanes and storms on a regular basis. There are times that landlines work and certain cell phone carriers/providers are greatly impacted. During Katrina we could only text, no landline or cell phone worked.

I've been lurking for days and thought I'd finally register so I could be a part of the discussion. I live in Houston, TX and I have yet to see Crystal on the local news. I've learned more about her disappearance here than anywhere else!

Here are some random thoughts I have. I realize they are scattered all over the place:

1) Looking at the stills, I think it's very possible she is wearing the same dress in both pictures. In the one where she appears to be wearing a black dress, just look at her hair, skin, and the wall behind her. It's all dark. In the one with her in a lilac dress, you can make out her face and blonde hair. So it seems more like a lighting/exposure issue than anything else. I find it pretty hard to believe that the boyfriend would be stupid enough to grab two stills of her in different colored dresses and hope that no one notices. Isn't it more logical that there is an innocent explanation? I'm sure we could all replicate this effect by photographing one of our own pieces of clothing in different areas of our house--say, in a room that faces east and another one that faces south.

2) I don't think that the boyfriend saying "if you can" rather than "when you can" is anything to fuss over. Saying "if" is basically implying "if you're not busy."

3) Someone pages back made the argument that she wouldn't have been able to see the LED sign from the road, but if you look at the pictures of his business on yelp, it clearly shows the sign next to the road.

4) I don't think it's fair to judge him on how lovey dovey/clingy he appears. For all we know he and Crystal were friends long before their decision to make their relationship official. I think a lot of people are assuming that they met and started dating within the last two months.

5) <modsnip>

I guess I'm just surprised by all the boyfriend hate on here. Hopefully you guys don't think I'm a shill. lol.

<modsnip>

I do have a lot of questions that I hope are answered though. Like, why would Crystal need to go there and get her kids in the first place? If they were originally supposed to be in school (before it was cancelled), why couldn't the ex just bring them? If the ex did something to her, where were the kids? Did he leave them at home asleep and trick Crystal into meeting him somewhere close to the motel where her car was found? Did the ex go into work that day at all, and did he bring the kids with them? If so, what time?

I recognize how it's a little odd for me to defend the boyfriend and then jump right into suspecting the ex, but I feel like these are really easy questions that would rule him out immediately if we just knew the answers.

1. She is wearing 2 different dresses. One black and one light purple.

2. He sent the stills to the media before he even sent them to LE. The sheriff even commented that sending them (LE) was not enough. They needed the whole video.

3. They have only been dating for 2 months and he speaks as if he has been dating her for years.

Jmo

From the article link:

As far as the family knows, she was supposed to attend an opening that morning and a closing at 2 p.m. based on a phone call that morning from her to Walters.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Remainanonymous http://m.baytownsun.com/news/article....html?mode=jqm

That doesn't say whether it was a text or a phone call.

That doesn't say whether it was a text or a phone call.

From that very link I provided:

"As far as the family knows, she was supposed to attend an opening that morning and a closing at 2 p.m. based on a phone call that morning from her to Walters. "

It was the last paragraph before the description of Crystal.

From the article link:

As far as the family knows, she was supposed to attend an opening that morning and a closing at 2 p.m. based on a phone call that morning from her to Walters.
Oh, I see it now. Thank you. I thought I was losing my mind.

I don't know the situation regarding cell service during Hurricane Harvey. in the greater Houston area. I live in southwest Louisiana where we experience hurricanes and storms on a regular basis. There are times that landlines work and certain cell phone carriers/providers are greatly impacted. During Katrina we could only text, no landline or cell phone worked.

I live in the northwest Houston area and our cell service never went out. I imagine it was the same for Baytown, but I can't say for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frickett