Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how far are enthusiasts prepared to travel to these meets?
coincidentally, HangingRock & the Thunderdome in CalderPark are both surprisingly within very close proximity to Mount Macedon where the remains of Karen Ristevski were discovered in Feb2017.
Karen disappeared 29thJune2016.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...y-that-gripped-melbourne-20170220-guh7mq.html

[emoji887]

Well spotted Brevette.

From where Karen Ristevski was placed, on the flats closer to the base of Mt Macedon is approximately twenty five minutes or less drive to Calder Park Thunderdome. And conveniently, that track is only about ten minutes or so from Tullamarine airport.

how far are enthusiasts prepared to travel to these meets?
coincidentally, HangingRock & the Thunderdome in CalderPark are both surprisingly within very close proximity to Mount Macedon where the remains of Karen Ristevski were discovered in Feb2017.
Karen disappeared 29thJune2016.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...y-that-gripped-melbourne-20170220-guh7mq.html

[emoji887]
I probably misheard my old school friend (the one that was a Telecom & Telstra Technician from 81 to 2002) when he was telling me a long time ago about a trip he went on with a group of fellow technicians to Melbourne back in the days when the Ewing St Bentley Depot was still operating. Anyways, he was showing me a video, and there was the cross at Mt Macedon, and Hanging Rock in one sequence. He said a couple of the guys wanted to go to hanging rock because they wanted to race cars around the track at hanging rock, but it might've been carts that he actually said.
Anyway I remember him saying that this social club went on a few trips over the years to Melbourne and other places.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I probably misheard my old school friend (the one that was a Telecom & Telstra Technician from 81 to 2002) when he was telling me a long time ago about a trip he went on with a group of fellow technicians to Melbourne back in the days when the Ewing St Bentley Depot was still operating. Anyways, he was showing me a video, and there was the cross at Mt Macedon, and Hanging Rock in one sequence. He said a couple of the guys wanted to go to hanging rock because they wanted to race cars around the track at hanging rock, but it might've been carts that he actually said.
Anyway I remember him saying that this social club went on a few trips over the years to Melbourne and other places.

They have live outdoor concerts in there now, it's a natural ampitheatre but was even a bit surprised at that. People around those parts tend to be up against anything that might disturb the wildlife, it's basically a sanctuary.

Maybe they did try smaller races at one time, I'll ask around.

Sorry Pete, I just rang someone up there who's been around for forever. No car racing on Hanging Rock track but that's a very interesting conversation you had. Could they have meant Calder Park? All kinds of races including go-kart were held there, amateurs racing other people's HQ's etc.,

I'm looking for a motor racetrack near to central Ballarat. Perhaps the racetrack has closed now. Perhaps there was a championship of some kind. Grand Prix or Grand Final whatever they call it. I'm searching for Friday 20 November 1998.
Perhaps staying at a hotel in central Ballarat, and with a hire car venturing out to watch the speedway.

The attached article also refers to a Brian Edwards:

80531dec15f2e578219e416be739956f.jpg

9cd6b79f0ce1f0419a8c26443bd4acd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a coincidence: To the right beside the article about B. Edwards, murderer, of all there is an article about Telecom ....

I'm looking for a motor racetrack near to central Ballarat. Perhaps the racetrack has closed now. Perhaps there was a championship of some kind. Grand Prix or Grand Final whatever they call it. I'm searching for Friday 20 November 1998.
Perhaps staying at a hotel in central Ballarat, and with a hire car venturing out to watch the speedway.
Try redline speedway https://m.facebook.com/Redline-Raceway-359880164336/

Sorry Pete, I just rang someone up there who's been around for forever. No car racing on Hanging Rock track but that's a very interesting conversation you had. Could they have meant Calder Park? All kinds of races including go-kart were held there, amateurs racing other people's HQ's etc.,
Could be. I think they would've had to pass Calder Park to go onto the Macedon Ranges

Could be. I think they would've had to pass Calder Park to go onto the Macedon Ranges

Yes they'd have passed Calder Park Thunderdome and continued straight up the Calder Highway turning right to go over the Mount and down to the north base where the rock is. Or an easy turn left to travel through to Ballarat.

There's a Hanging Rock Kartways (for wheels) that occasionally gets confused with Hanging Rock Racetrack (for hooves) which is in South Carolina.

Bendigo used to have speedway at the show grounds back in the 90s (have friends that used to go), wonder if that's what Ballarat did too for Speedway/Motor Bike races..

attachment.php

Talking about vehicles. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-22/josh-warneke-murder-investigation-ute-lead/8973976

Police from the Cold Case Homicide squad are chasing a fresh lead into the murder of Josh Warneke on the outskirts of Broome more than seven years ago.
They want to find the owner of a white Toyota '79 series Land Cruiser tray top ute that was seen not far from where Mr Warneke's body was found in February 26th 2010. Police say the vehicle had a "Bundy" novelty number plate and car flag poles on either side of the frame behind the cab.

Someone may idolise Ted Bundy, Bundy and Coke ...?

Attachments

• Ute_Josh_Warneke.JPG
    Ute_Josh_Warneke.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 151
"unless someone pulled up that she felt safe with"......kind of like someone who appeared to be a cop patrolling looking for streetwalkers?

...or someone she'd been talking to at the Conti in the 20 minutes she wasn't with her friends.

I don't think we are allowed to sleuth accused's family members but I know there were family members living in Bunbury a couple of years ago. MOO

Do you know if they were involved in any surveying or engineering business AL?

...or someone she'd been talking to at the Conti in the 20 minutes she wasn't with her friends.

If CG had been talking to someone at the Conti in the 20 minutes she wasn't with her friends they'd have it on CCTV and if it was BRE I'm sure they would have identified him fairly quickly ..? I believe extra CCTV was installed in all the pubs after JR was abducted.

If CG had been talking to someone at the Conti in the 20 minutes she wasn't with her friends they'd have it on CCTV and if it was BRE I'm sure they would have identified him fairly quickly ..? I believe extra CCTV was installed in all the pubs after JR was abducted.

Public haven't seen any cctv at all, that i'm aware of. If CG was talking to anyone in that missing time, cops have kept that to themselves. No one knew about BRE then, but if they did have cctv, which they should have and identified her talking with someone, they haven't published it. They could have known who it was and ruled them out especially if she was talking to cops.

As I've mentioned that would be embarrassing for them if the same cops were on the JR cctv. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure how long CCTV lasts. Hopefully someone has been refreshing it. Don't want them to play it in the court room and oops it's faded.

Petedavo,
Just for my clarification, is it possible BREs white Commodore was a former Telstra fleet vehicle. I think that auction place is now on the corner of Bannister Rd and Nicholson Rd. Where Coles warehouse used to be.
The auction place is still in Ewing St. I drove past it 3 times this week so far.
It gets packed on Auction days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members