IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is him and the hatchet was used as the murder weapon can the case be sealed by the judge so the full horror of what went down is not publicly revealed?

I don’t think publicly revealing the girls died of a extremely violent death is going to help anyone particularly the families. I will just be happy knowing the sick ******* is in jail.

Agree. BTW, glad to know you are (hopefully) feeling better!

Depending on how all of this pans out, it's going to be really interesting to find out who provided that last sketch and indicated "the eyes are NOT blue".

Of course, we may never know--this particular person's ID may be kept anonymous for their protection.

ETA:

Maybe, but I would think said interview would be kept under wraps as part of building a case against DN.

Just MVHO.​

I'm starting to thing it was RL. And maybe DN even gave RL an alias. His aliases have been mentioned in a previous post.

I can't even imagine a family member, or even a juror, sitting through a trial with details.

The juror would have to sit through it obviously, I think the family would be free to watch the trial or not as per their preference. I have no idea if it's possible for the trial to be closed off and sealed. I know that judges have the discretion of allowing media in the court room and gaging and sequestering juries ( usually done for the integrity of the case not the sensitivities of the jurors) There have been plenty of very gruesome and horrific cases that have not been sealed in the manner described... Dahmer, Bundy and even the OJ trial where the murders of Nicole and Ron were gone over in terrible detail.

I'm starting to thing it was RL. And maybe DN even gave RL an alias. His aliases have been mentioned in a previous post.

I think that is a very good possibility.

The resemblance is absolutely chilling. I will be very surprised if he is ruled out.

I'm not totally convinced that DN's DNA was on file, except through the military. His sexual offense was indecent exposure, not any kind of physical assault, correct? Depending on the year and locale, maybe DNA was not required there/then??

It's also possible they DID get a hit and just have been able to find him until now because he's been purposefully under the radar??? Sorry if I've missed whether or not he's checked in with a parole officer after Feb. 14th....? This is all getting very confusing.

Here:

http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...same-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/

"The last address that he reported with us was that he was staying homeless in the area of State Road 67 under the bridges," said Captain Brent Worth.
Due to Nations' status as a homeless person and a convicted sex offender, he was required to check in weekly with an investigator at the Sheriff's Department.
"He came in on February 7, 2017 and then came in on February 14, 2017 and checked in, said Worth.
The girls' bodies were found on Feb. 14. According to documents from authorities, Nations never missed his weekly check-in from Jan. 31 - April 4 this year.

Something brought him to Delphi. Was he there the entire week between court check ins? Long enough to get familiar with the surroundings and specifically RL's place?

We've had 2 different farming families who've come forward saying he worked for them. IMO it's not uncommon to travel 1-2 hours delivering livestock, hauling hay or equipment. I think if DN turns out to be BG, we'll learn that either the meat packing plant or RL's farm was his original connection to Delphi. IMO the connection would've been made the year before and he returned sometime in that week.

I wonder if the meat (hogs?) packing plant in Delphi was the reason DN came to the area (if he did). One of the places he worked mentioned pigs being slaughtered after an outburst by DN. Are pig processing plants scattered throughout Indiana or are there just a few locations?

ETA: Tillicum, I saw your post just after I posted my comment. 🙂✌️

This makes perfect sense and explains so much. RL appeared very shaken initially. I'm not sure that RL even had any name though because otherwise LE would have been hot on DN's trail back in March. I remember at one point around the time they searched RL's property that investigators noted RL had stopped talking to police which is so unfortunate. I'm sure RL was really afraid of the situation he found himself in.

I wonder if the meat (hogs?) packing plant in Delphi was the reason DN came to the area (if he did). One of the places he worked mentioned pigs being slaughtered after an outburst by DN. Are pig processing plants scattered throughout Indiana or are there just a few locations?

ETA: Tillicum, I saw your post just after I posted my comment. ✌️

Did a quick google search, approximately 120 (if I am reading this correctly).

90% of state-inspected establishments are located in towns of fewer than 5,000 residents

https://www.in.gov/boah/files/M_and_P_Buyer_Guide_2015.pdf

I couldn't tell by the chart if all those process swine. From my experience in my state, some don't. There's a lot more fat with swine and it's a pain when both processing and cleaning equipment afterwards.

Doing another quick perusal, only a few of these plants do NOT process swine.

The number of swine processed and inspected per year (24,000) is exceeded only by the number of poultry processed and inspected per year (43,000).

This document is dated 2015.

https://www.in.gov/boah/files/M_and_P_Buyer_Guide_2015.pdf

Here:

http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...same-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/

"The last address that he reported with us was that he was staying homeless in the area of State Road 67 under the bridges," said Captain Brent Worth.
Due to Nations' status as a homeless person and a convicted sex offender, he was required to check in weekly with an investigator at the Sheriff's Department.
"He came in on February 7, 2017 and then came in on February 14, 2017 and checked in, said Worth.
The girls' bodies were found on Feb. 14. According to documents from authorities, Nations never missed his weekly check-in from Jan. 31 - April 4 this year.

The Morgan County jail is on State Road 39, about half a mile from State Road 67. The White River runs along 67 and there is a bridge on 39 near the jail. Morgan County is rural and wooded. There are definitely farms, but I can think of several large forests that would be easy to get lost in. There is the Morgan/Monroe Forest, just south of Martinsville; IU has a camp (Bradford Woods) just north of Martinsville that (IMO) someone could easily hide out in; there's also a 500 acre church camp on 39.

ETA: Tillicum, I saw your post just after I posted my comment. ✌️

MOO, I don't see working in the packing plant as something DN would want to do, not because the work would bother him but because shift work is just too structured for his taste. His motive for being in Delphi though is what we are currently missing. Could the friend whose car he was sleeping in had errands to to there? Maybe he dropped him off on his way into town and picked him back up when he was done. I would like to know more about that car.

Perhaps, since he was a drifter at that time, he knew someone (perhaps another RSO) who worked at the Delphi plant so he headed north. I wonder if he applied for work at that plant?

ETA....jeez, another cross post, this time with Tokyorose. Hmmm.

The sketch was put together based on information investigators have collected so far from numerous witnesses they've spoken with.

http://www.wthr.com/article/state-police-release-sketch-in-delphi-murder-investigation

Police say they hope the sketch will help clarify some of the pictures that were previously released regarding the investigation and the man on the bridge. Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered.

http://fox59.com/2017/07/17/police-...hi-teens-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams/

The sketch is "an artist's composite of the information" collected by all the agencies involved in the double-murder investigation, including the FBI, said Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley. Riley said investigators consider the sketch a "very important" development in the ongoing investigation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/delphi...on-suspect-sketch-released-in-girls-slayings/

The composite sketch was created after state police received new information, sources tell Call 6 Investigates.

http://www.theindychannel.com/photo-police-release-sketch-of-delphi-suspect

FWIW, go to www.familytreenow.com and enter DN name and state of Indiana. His birth year is 1985. While this website results are not always accurate, they show him living at:

General Address, Parris Island, SC 29905
(Aug 2007)
S 2nd Mar Dv, Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
(Jan 2005)
2nd Mar Dv, Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
(Jan 2005)
10 India Battery #2MAR, Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
(Jun 2004)

Results also show numerous other addresses. If one has the time and notion, they could compare these addresses with local court records to search for further criminal records.
That is in progress as I type :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to catch up on this thread going backwards.

I keep seeing posts about fetal alcohol syndrome. As posts here should have basis.. Is that grasping of something not documented.. or has it been documented somewhere?

No documentation, as far as I know - but people have been speculating that he might have FAS because of his facial features.

This thread is dedicated to discussion of Abigail and Liberty's case. It is not to bicker about PTSD and personal opinions of who has it, how it manifests, etc. It was mere member speculation but there is absolutely no known fact as to whether DJN does or does not have PTSD. When speculation ends up in bickering, other members get antsy, guests disappear, and posts get removed.

Move on from that discussion please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members