Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have 3 kids at private primary school, that is a nice bill they have there. I'd say $20k a kid, so $60k a year.
My guess is DC earns between $400 & $500k per year, so $230 - $290k after tax.
$60k private fees would take up around a quarter of his income. That's a fair whack.
It's possible that they could be financially stretched but obviously this would depend on their mortgage level and spending habits.

This is tacky and pure speculation - but my bet is they are not financially independent and have some family money. I would be surprised if their properties, school fees, and lifestyle was paid for 100% with his income.

They would need to be saving for the future, and doing things like travelling to Boston to run in a marathon is very expensive. It's not really something a one income family with three kids in private school would do.

This is one committed mamma! Is this a mamma who would top herself? This event is a big deal and says to me she would do anything for her kids to make them happy - removing yourself from your kids life seems an opposing thought to be having, not very compatible with whole year level pool parties for your preppy.

I might add that I'm not an alcoholic, and I've never been depressed. So I have no authority here. I am a parent, I know what a big deal a year level party at my house would be. And I know I am so busy at this stage in my life that thoughts of anything else other than what has to be done next don't really enter my head, so from my perspective, suicide is something that would never enter my head. I have zero authority in knowing whether depression would alter your sense of purpose to your kids, or if it wold affect your ability to throw prep pool parties. I'm assuming it would, and so she would not be able to pull such an event off if she was suicidal or severely depressed, or a dysfunctional alcoholic. Assumption only!

No!!...this mamma she don't be quittin!!.. there be middle school , then high school, then big school swim parties...NO!.........she don't be takin no stairway no way, no how!

Looks like there's no discount for second child, but third gets 50%. If you look at those numbers, the bill is OVER 60k (the discount would, obviously, apply to the 'cheapest' child.

http://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/CGS-Fees_Charges_20154.pdf

For those unable or too lazy! to paste link into their browser, it's over 20k for a year of prep, rising steadily to 25k in year 6, and 28k in year 12.

They are 2015 fees. Gone up since then. Now over $30k for year 12

"between sunrise and 11am on Sunday" - do we have an approximate time Elisa was reported missing here perhaps? Or time of search commencing?

Came in a bit late and doing a bit of catch up.
Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Do police still believe this to be the case?

Police believe she slept in her bed on Saturday night, but there was no sign of her or the family dog when her husband David Curry and their three children - aged between seven and 12 - returned on Sunday morning after going to the AFL grand final.
Her car was still at the house, but her mobile phone was missing.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ails-to-find-elisa-curry-20171002-gyt3mf.html

Reported missing ..imo.
Has it been said if hubby or kids had tried to phone that morning? Maybe they left message or messages on her phone? We are on our way. Be home about?
Sunrise would have been about 7am - ish
imo

I've got no doubt they're financially stretched, simply through having 2 properties (the beach house I assume doesn't derive any income) and 3 sets of PS fees and all the trimmings that come with that. Keeping up appearances ain't cheap!

FWIW, I don't think she committed suicide. I think if she did, she'd have left a note. Which I admit is possible, but seems very unlikely now.

I'm sure I saw at least 3 houses flash across the screen duration an ACA segment.

No at no point has eyes closed lady (RB) been confirmed as the 10pm 'last sighting' neighbour. RB said she saw Elisa on Saturday as RB headed off to work. She didn't say that was at 10pm.
I think we decided/confirmed earlier in this thread (maybe in the previous thread) that RB was not the neighbour that was the last to see EC "in bed", for various credible reasons, but I think one of the main reasons was because police stated that the "last sighting neighbour" is not talking to the media, and RB has been. Someone with a better memory than mine may be able to shed some more light on this, and possibly quote thread posts where we discussed this yesterday?? :)

If Elisa's phone was off, could he do a 4 hour round trip and leave the children at home considering the oldest is 12yrs old. They may not know he'd left.

It's nearly possible, with no traffic if left around 11pm he could get back home around 3 then head off again at 7am.
Pushing it I know, but possible.

certainly in the end.. but initially? when he was just murdering a few :( -- before his final rampage? Idk. It was a fact that girls fell for his broken arm facade. he certainly looked evil after his escape from court, & then of course after his florida rampage ... but that could be an indication he was getting much much worse psychologically. In the beginning he didn't look like a killer IMO. I think that's why some many died initially. complete psychopathic *advertiser censored*!

I was going to say the exact same thing a while back, but I'm so behind, I knew it would end up on page 64 after the convo has changed to something completely different; but now I'll just agree to this (and this'll end up on page 87...) :rolleyes:

ea487c493e702a4d0b6ed276690c5066.png

I'm afraid I'm missing your point. High tide at 7:58am, low tide at 1:22pm.
https://tides.willyweather.com.au/vic/barwon/aireys-inlet.html

I'm now leaning towards a nutter grabbing her while she jogged. It's my third theory in one day.

do we know which Uni Elisa graduated from? If Melbourne she would have had to do a BA before beginning Juris Law, it is the only Melbourne Uni with that requirement as far as I know. Reason I ask is think about both their careers prior to meeting, it's possible one or both may have purchased property prior to their relationship. as they have been together for 14 years it means there were a few years prior with two incomes, it's not unreasonable to think they made some capital gains on prior property allowing them to purchase the Surrey hills home

'Had' to be? Really?

Yes, I think so. Go back and look at the photo of a lab all bunched up on himself, head down, tail tucked under; that's one distressed dog. I think ... just suppose what he'd seen was his mum walk out into the ocean; as she began disappearing, if not sooner, he would have gone after her. If he came back at all, he would have come back wet. But he probably wouldn't have come back at all, he would have drowned with her.

At any rate, there was no mention of the dog being wet, just traumatised - I don't doubt with very good reason.

Yep. Me, too. In fact, I am pretty sure that is exactly what I would do.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I would do, too
A few times.

But I don't have kids, so not sure if that counts.

Yes, I think so. Go back and look at the photo of a lab all bunched up on himself, head down, tail tucked under; that's one distressed dog. I think ... just suppose what he'd seen was his mum walk out into the ocean; as she began disappearing, if not sooner, he would have gone after her. If he came back at all, he would have come back wet. But he probably wouldn't have come back at all, he would have drowned with her.

At any rate, there was no mention of the dog being wet, just traumatised - I don't doubt with very good reason.

I agree that the distressed dog is probably significant, but I'm not sure how it means she 'had' to have been murdered. We'll have to agree to disagree :)

The one thing I keep coming back to: a poor little traumatised lab.

RSBM. Yes! That picture of doggo behind the fence with his head down haunts my dreams! I wish to hug him and give him treats.

No at no point has eyes closed lady (RB) been confirmed as the 10pm 'last sighting' neighbour. RB said she saw Elisa on Saturday as RB headed off to work. She didn't say that was at 10pm.

My apologies!....

"She's a devoted, loving mother," neighbour Robin Briggs told 9NEWS.

"I couldn’t believe how she just disappeared so quickly," she said.

"I saw her on Saturday before I went to work and that's the last time I've seen her."

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/02/13/27/victorian-mother-missing-after-afl-grand-final

RB saying "so quickly" led me to believe she saw her as she was going to work the night shift after 10pm. Again, I apologise. It took me a long while to look for where I thought I saw this information. Looking back through the videos, the body language in the initial interviews is a bit interesting, in hindsight. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14