IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask to any experts on the matter...I would think that DN would of been charged by now especially since he admitted he had a rifle in his trunk. Would we not know if that gun had been recently fired? Would there be some kind of per say "footprint" that would indicate this was the gun used on the cyclist? Do we know that the gun DN spoke of was actually a rifle?

Ballistic tests will prove or disprove whether his gun was used to kill the cyclist. I don't know how long that takes. Does anyone know the normal length of time?

I also want to point this out from this article.

"The question is: Do we have DNA? Yea, we have DNA. We're just still working on determining what kind of DNA. Is it the victims? Is it the known family members or is it our suspect?" said Holeman.

Thanks for posting this; a new source (to me) that clarifies a bit why it's going to take so long. What I'm gathering from this source is that LE believe they have the killer's DNA based on the sheer amount they've collected from the crime scene, but for now it's 'somewhere in there' in the vast mix of undifferentiated DNA evidence they collected [a mix belonging to victims, family members, killer, etc.]

That would explain why they think they "have enough evidence to convict" the killer, but also why they think they "have a long way to go" and "have a year's worth of work right now" (also quoted from that article).

They still decline to state what sort of DNA evidence they have. But that raises the possibility then (to me) that LE might NOT have the more obvious DNA usually associated with sexual assault. Hair and touch DNA might abound and would be much more of a tangle to sort out (whether victim, family member, killer, or someone else). But semen evidence would stand out (if this were a sexual assault) as most definitely belonging to the killer and therefore that sample would be easily differentiated from the outset for test-matching with POIs. And LE wouldn't need to run a POI sample against "plenty of DNA" hoping to get a hit. Yet from the sound of things (in this article), it appears they are running each POI's DNA sample against *multiple* less-differentiated DNA crime scene samples hoping to get a hit. (See BBM below.)

"We're still very motivated. We're still very optimistic. It's not close to a cold case," said First Sgt. Jerry Holeman with Indiana State Police. "We're just getting dug into this case. We got a long way to go. We have a year's worth of work right now."

"The question is: Do we have DNA? Yea, we have DNA. We're just still working on determining what kind of DNA. Is it the victims? Is it the known family members or is it our suspect?" said Holeman.

He said detectives test and compare the DNA almost daily, hoping it leads them to the killer.

"We're still working on that," Holeman said. "We can't say, 'Do we have the suspect's DNA or don't we?' We have plenty of DNA, and we have plenty of testing to do, and it takes a lot of time."

"We have plenty of evidence to convict somebody," said Holeman. "Obviously, the person doesn't want to be found."

Wlfi article link: http://tinyurl.com/y6wqukch

Of note in this link is the detective saying they have DNA, but don't know what kind or from whom. Could be the killer, or from the girls, or.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This statement of not knowing who the DNA belongs to or what kind it is, confuses me. We can expect they have run it against every family member, friend, or acquaintance of the girls. So all these people should be ruled out. They definitely know if it is or isn't one of the girls. Right?

Are they saying their sample is contaminated? If they don't know whether it belongs to one of the girls, then might we say the DNA they have is useless?

It can't be both ways - it either belongs to one of the girls or it doesn't. Is LE purposely trying to confuse us? Or perhaps they forget what they tell us?

This statement of not knowing who the DNA belongs to or what kind it is, confuses me. We can expect they have run it against every family member, friend, or acquaintance of the girls. So all these people should be ruled out. They definitely know if it is or isn't one of the girls. Right?

Are they saying their sample is contaminated? If they don't know whether it belongs to one of the girls, then might we say the DNA they have is useless?

It can't be both ways - it either belongs to one of the girls or it doesn't. Is LE purposely trying to confuse us? Or perhaps they forget what they tell us?
Couldn't it be DNA of any other person that has been in that area (assuming it is from a cigarette, wrapper, etc)? I agree that they likely should have ruled out anyone else that was known to the girls if it was found on them and hopefully that is where they found the DNA. Hopefully they are just being careful how it is presented. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Is there a similar place locally in Delphi or Lafayette for example?
Yes. The Lincoln Lodge Motel. It is at the intersection of US 52 and State Road 28 in Clinton County. It isn’t far from Lafayette at all.

Of note in this link is the detective saying they have DNA, but don't know what kind or from whom. Could be the killer, or from the girls, or.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Delphi police say they have enough evidence to convict. So either they include him or exclude him. This case is further along than when they were serving a SW on RL.

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36134334/...dence-six-months-after-delphi-double-homicide
I'm getting 404 error not found on this link. Can someone copypasta the important 10% allowed directly into a post?

I'm getting 404 error not found on this link. Can someone copypasta the important 10% allowed directly into a post?

Quote from link:
The question is: Do we have DNA? Yea, we have DNA. We're just still working on determining what kind of DNA. Is it the victims? Is it the known family members or is it our suspect?" said Holeman.

He said detectives test and compare the DNA almost daily, hoping it leads them to the killer.

"We're still working on that," Holeman said. "We can't say, 'Do we have the suspect's DNA or don't we?' We have plenty of DNA, and we have plenty of testing to do, and it takes a lot of time."

ISP released a sketch of the main suspect on July 17. It was put together based on information received during the course of the investigation.

Holeman said they've received more than 3,000 tips from the sketch and it has helped bring in more reliable ones.

"We have plenty of evidence to convict somebody," said Holeman. "Obviously, the person doesn't want to be found."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think LE saying they have DNA was a ruse to throw off the perpetrator.
Same with the "we're getting close" comments during the briefings.
To me a missing RSO an hour away who was never investigated is a major problem.
Doesn't matter now I guess.. hopefully authorities learn from it.

Aww SS I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I did want a link to the article as I was having trouble finding it.

I also asked if anyone knew if an official police report was filed about the pigs. Because if it hasn't, then it's one man's word without any investigation. And if Mr. Axeman did indeed do the deed as the farmer appears to be implying, then a police report would help in affirming that implication.

This is the only article I have seen with a mention of pigs being slaughtered. it does not sound as though he was investigated for any connection.

[FONT=&amp]Back in Indiana, after a disagreement on a farm where he worked, "all of a sudden some pigs came up slaughtered," Hunter said.
[/FONT]
https://www.wthr.com/article/former...view-is-critical-job-for-delphi-investigators

100%

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Six months have passed since Abby Williams and Libby German were killed near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi.
Half a year later, there are still no arrests.
Police have shared new details in the investigation and reiterate the case has not turned cold.
"We're still very motivated. We're still very optimistic. It's not close to a cold case," said First Sgt. Jerry Holeman with Indiana State Police. "We're just getting dug into this case. We got a long way to go. We have a year's worth of work right now."
Holeman said they are still working hard on the case and they continue to sift through the more than 24,000 tips and leads.
In addition to the thousands of leads, police have served several warrants and have been following up on DNA evidence found at the scene of the crime.

ISP released a sketch of the main suspect on July 17. It was put together based on information received during the course of the investigation.
Holeman said they've received more than 3,000 tips from the sketch and it has helped bring in more reliable ones.
Police also released an audio recording on Feb. 23. It was found on Libby's phone and features a man saying "down the hill." Police have said there is more audio on the phone, but they have no intention of releasing any more at this point.

Holeman said they are dotting their i's and crossing t's at this time.

"We're still thinking about it daily," he said. "Somebody else asked me earlier how many times have I listened to the recording or how many times have I watched the video. And I said, 'I don't need to watch it anymore because it's embedded in my head.' And you can't let it go."

He said there have been a group of detectives who have been reviewing old evidence, tips and leads to make sure nothing has slipped through the cracks.
Holeman said it's helped lead them to other evidence.
Holeman hopes they will find the person of interest and can begin a court trial within the next six months.

Quite high and quite common IMO.

I look the same way on most cool days. Mine are Wrangler Relaxed Fit 43 / 32. On any given day they may sit lower depending on my weight flux by even a pound. Depending on what shoes they may bunch around the ankles.

Unremarkable to me. In fact I am unremarkable, LOL

JMO

OOPS!!

Not 43/ 32, :floorlaugh: No I am not Humpty Dumpty

They are 34 / 32!!

Sorry haha

I don't seen any similarity with the sketch, and we all know that the registered sex offender label is common. I think it has something to do with the hatchet simply because that is unique to this man. In order to connect him with the murders, there has to be something that is more or less unique to him and to the girls.

Otto, I was starting to feel like I was the only person that didn't see any similarity between the sketch and DN. I can see some slight similarities between him and BG on the bridge, but I feel like I am only seeing them because I am "supposed" to.

What was the date of this article? tia
Quote from link:
The question is: Do we have DNA? Yea, we have DNA. We're just still working on determining what kind of DNA. Is it the victims? Is it the known family members or is it our suspect?" said Holeman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or it could simply be that LE in CO ran his name and saw he has outstanding warrants in Indiana.

eta Tea Time beat me to it ^^^

Kirby said citizens submitted tips to the media that Nations or the homicide were somehow connected to the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, who went missing Feb. 13 while hiking on secluded trails east of Delphi and were found dead the next day.

That information was passed on to police in Colorado, who relayed it to investigators in Indiana, Kirby said.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...igate-colorado-link-delphi-murders/711491001/

The tip came from media!

Attachments

• 063CD503-8A4D-495D-A70E-7377B1F9F656.jpeg
    063CD503-8A4D-495D-A70E-7377B1F9F656.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 56
Followed this case since the beginning and the one thing that sticks out to me is the way BG wears his jeans. I say this because when I look at the pictures of BG on that bridge I can't help but notice that they are obviously to big for him. They are also long and kinda sit a bit below his waist. When comparing the pictures of DN recently his seem to worn the same way. What is the likelihood?
Perhaps he wears loose trousers for a reason?

Kirby said citizens submitted tips to the media that Nations or the homicide were somehow connected to the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, who went missing Feb. 13 while hiking on secluded trails east of Delphi and were found dead the next day.

That information was passed on to police in Colorado, who relayed it to investigators in Indiana, Kirby said.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...igate-colorado-link-delphi-murders/711491001/

The tip came from media!

Those citizens should have gone directly to LE, not to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003