Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The orphanage may stop allowing Americans to adopt their babies if he ends up charged with this crime. Just like Russia did.

That orphanage is no longer in business.

[FONT=&quot]Babita Kumari, secretary of Mother Teresa Anant Seva Sansthan, the now-defunct NGO where Saraswati lived, said Wesley and his wife Sini have their roots in Kerala.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ted-from-nalanda-missing-in-texas-us-4892279/
[/FONT]

Wait, so the 3 vehicles have been returned? Is that standard practice? It leads me to think there was no evidence in any of them or else LE would keep it until the trial moo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, so the 3 vehicles have been returned? Is that standard practice? It leads me to think there was no evidence in any of them or else LE would keep it until the trial moo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only two vehicles have been returned.

I suppose one reason to keep any evidence close to the chest is that cases like this call out all kinds of tipsters for all kinds of reasons. We already had a graveyard search that turned up nothing relevant. The more information leaks out, the more that folks submitting poor quality (or made up) tips are difficult to weed out. Also, if the public believe that LE are looking at Colonel Mustard in the drawing room with a candle stick, they are less likely to see the rope with Ms. Scarlett's cologne scent on it in the library.
Exactly my point in my earlier post! There are individuals that call in "tips"....... the local LE as well as FBI are NOT using any of those "tips" as information.

<modsnip>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The orphanage may stop allowing Americans to adopt their babies if he ends up charged with this crime. Just like Russia did.

I believe the motivation behind the Russian halt on adoptions had to do with economic sanctions against them as a result of human rights violations.

Hi rsd, the park's official hours are from 5am to midnight, so it would be less trafficked between 4:15-4:45 (time he'd likely make the drop). While I've been to this park more than once, I've never been on that pedestrian bridge, and it's been awhile since I've driven across the northern tip on E Mockingbird. Judging by the google map, it looks like it'd be feasible to drop something from either bridge, but I can't say for sure how likely that might be. Because they've had problems with breaking and entering cars in the parking lots, they *may* have security cams installed by now, too--but again, I don't know for sure.

Thanks for the info Poi. I don't know the area but I know there's stretches of highways here, that go over water, that one could potentially do that without being noticed, at that time of the morning.

In my Google Earth tours, I've noticed that the homes are so closely spaced, fenced back yards, and there's a vast number of them. Where there's not a filled subdivision, there's highway that leads to work sites, shopping centers, stop and gos, etc... of which nearly all are going to have some type of cameras installed. Chancy.

Richardson looks to be a busy place. Say she wandered away as dad says. That not one single soul ever found that child, just walking along,in her little flip flops, a mile down the train tracks, sitting on the sidewalk, a few blocks from home, or standing by the local Stop&Go, is absolutely astounding to me. So, I began to think back to here, and some of the places that folks have hidden bodies, and it's normally in, or near, a wooded area, or a water source, when they find unidentified bodies. Not to be blunt, but with cameras in every corner, there's just no good place to hide a body in the city, unless you're masked up and take precautions. If dad killed the child, I don't think it was premeditated so I think he had to sit and think for awhile, about what to do to save the rest of his family. He then had to come up with where. He may have even done the laundry to mask the sound of him leaving and the vehicle starting. He didn't think about his neighbor having their camera catching his vehicle, as it zipped by.

I believe the motivation behind the Russian halt on adoptions had to do with economic sanctions against them as a result of human rights violations.

You may be right. But I also remember them pointing to the Russian boy that had attachment disorder and Opposition Defiance Disorder and the adoptive family wanted to rehome him or something, and the Russians were very angry, and said they would no longer allow Americans to adopt, and even stopped some in the middle of their processes.

Only two vehicles have been returned.

Not judging, but it seems like a lot of big cars for the family of 4. Was one intended for a nanny or a visiting relative? All seem nice and similar in age?

If I may add as a parent of a child with special needs who is/was also grossly underweight that my child was judged based on whether her height and weight were proportional to one another. Not by a chart. We did not receive a diagnosis until she was 12 but she had severe feeding difficulties (among other things) and we knew there was something wrong from the time she was a week old. I fed her every 2 hours around the clock from the time she was classified as failure to thrive at 2 months old. I was told to wake her and give her a bottle until she was 10 years old to make sure her calorie intake was sufficient. She was given formula until she was 3 and then put on pediasure that I mixed with duo-cal.

Now that we have a diagnosis we know that with her syndrome comes oral motor dysfunction. The suck, swallow breathe reflex is severely lacking. Even still to this day. My daughter is 14 - 4’8 and weighs 80 lbs. We see many doctors and no one has ever turned me in to cps etc. She is also non verbal and has several other symptoms. I dread any interaction at stores or in public because she doesn’t look 14 with her small stature and some people are extremely judgmental. I have taken her to feeding therapy and do everything I possibly can, she still has trouble eating. A child being small or not on a chart doesn’t tell the whole story. My child is at home and safe so I understand the questions about Sherin’s size but I wanted to provide an opinion from someone who has a “small” child and experienced the difficulty feeding.

Thank you!

I am so surprised at how much healthier Sherin looks now from the photo on the day they adopted her. She as obviously been much loved and cared for.

''Mr. Mathews is going to be convicted. Mr. Mathews is going to spend some time in prison for what he did," Ruback told NewsFix Monday. "The only question is how long he's going to be behind bars and what he's convicted of."

http://cw33.com/2017/10/16/how-do-we-find-sherin-mathews-it-might-rest-on-the-family-suv/

I quickly googled Chad Ruback and it says he is an appellate attorney but I have a migraine and didn't look for more. Does this mean he is NOT a lawyer on this case and is only speculating to the news or does he work with the prosecution side? I don't recall hearing his name before but thought maybe he was speaking from the DA's stance.

Someone said above (can't figure out the multi-quote) something about Sherin's sister and how they doubt the mother or bio family will ever get her back. Is this based on how the state of Texas tends to work, something you have read or heard or the fact that the father has been charged with a pretty serious crime?

I know where I am CPS and the criminal courts don't always see eye-to-eye, meaning there are times a conviction occurs but the parent has cooperated and proved rehabilitated so visitation and possible custody is not necessarily out of the question, and on the flip there are times the parent is not convicted of any of the charges but because they refuse to admit or seek help via parenting classes/therapy etc they lose the right to their child(ren) permanently.

I also know for a fact that where I am that before a child is placed with extended family they do very intense and rather invasive home studies that last about 10 months while the child is in foster care. They do this because they are concerned that the abuse is a pattern that has run through the family and because they need to know that all rules regarding visitation and such are going to be fully obeyed and the child will be at extremely low risk.

I quickly googled Chad Ruback and it says he is an appellate attorney but I have a migraine and didn't look for more. Does this mean he is NOT a lawyer on this case and is only speculating to the news or does he work with the prosecution side? I don't recall hearing his name before but thought maybe he was speaking from the DA's stance.

Someone said above (can't figure out the multi-quote) something about Sherin's sister and how they doubt the mother or bio family will ever get her back. Is this based on how the state of Texas tends to work, something you have read or heard or the fact that the father has been charged with a pretty serious crime?

I know where I am CPS and the criminal courts don't always see eye-to-eye, meaning there are times a conviction occurs but the parent has cooperated and proved rehabilitated so visitation and possible custody is not necessarily out of the question, and on the flip there are times the parent is not convicted of any of the charges but because they refuse to admit or seek help via parenting classes/therapy etc they lose the right to their child(ren) permanently.

I also know for a fact that where I am that before a child is placed with extended family they do very intense and rather invasive home studies that last about 10 months while the child is in foster care. They do this because they are concerned that the abuse is a pattern that has run through the family and because they need to know that all rules regarding visitation and such are going to be fully obeyed and the child will be at extremely low risk.

I am not sure if Texas CPS is very similar to California DCFS or not.

But if this was up to California, the mother would probably get her older daughter back, as long as LE cleared her of any involvement in this tragedy.

DCFS [dept of children,family services] is all about putting the original family back together. Sometimes that is a good thing but many times, it is not a good thing.

In this situation, I really do not know what the best thing for the older sister is, until we find out more about the circumstances surrounding Sherin's disappearance.

This couple is OCI, Out of Country Indian.

Adoption by non-Indian couples was allowed up until about 20 years ago, IIRC. A rumor spread that the children we used for organ donation!

The Indian government launched a campaign to encourage families to adopt orphans. Some of the resistance was attributed to the caste system -- some families did not want to adopt because the available children are of lower or unknown castes.

OCI adoption is allowed now, IDK about adoption by non-Indian people?

IIRC JMHO YMMV LRR

:seeya:

Thanks for the info Poi. I don't know the area but I know there's stretches of highways here, that go over water, that one could potentially do that without being noticed, at that time of the morning.

In my Google Earth tours, I've noticed that the homes are so closely spaced, fenced back yards, and there's a vast number of them. Where there's not a filled subdivision, there's highway that leads to work sites, shopping centers, stop and gos, etc... of which nearly all are going to have some type of cameras installed. Chancy.

Richardson looks to be a busy place. Say she wandered away as dad says. That not one single soul ever found that child, just walking along,in her little flip flops, a mile down the train tracks, sitting on the sidewalk, a few blocks from home, or standing by the local Stop&Go, is absolutely astounding to me. So, I began to think back to here, and some of the places that folks have hidden bodies, and it's normally in, or near, a wooded area, or a water source, when they find unidentified bodies. Not to be blunt, but with cameras in every corner, there's just no good place to hide a body in the city, unless you're masked up and take precautions. If dad killed the child, I don't think it was premeditated so I think he had to sit and think for awhile, about what to do to save the rest of his family. He then had to come up with where. He may have even done the laundry to mask the sound of him leaving and the vehicle starting. He didn't think about his neighbor having their camera catching his vehicle, as it zipped by.

You're very welcome! I know the area quite well, just haven't driven in this neck of the woods for awhile. Richardson has older pockets (1950s ranch-style homes) and newer pockets--but many of the new neighborhoods still follow that alley-design, with a few odd homes here and there without rear alley access, and a few with front-entry garages.

It is a busy place, even though considered a 'bedroom community' to Dallas - there are several colleges that attract young adults (UTD, Richland, etc.) and the area also has had many businesses in the IT field. These college areas may be more apt to have security cams, but it's hard to tell (for me at least) which other centers would be using that technology. Guessing like any other city it would depend on the crime stats for a particular part of town. I'm really wondering if the driver of that Acura stopped to think about security cams, though. After reading and pondering some more today about that "whizzing" car, I've come to the conclusion that that departure at 4:00am may have been the driver simply 'getting the heck out of Dodge.' ASAP. And the fastest route out and away from that house and neighborhood would hands down be taking Centennial west to Central Expressway (a 5-6 minute drive at most, maybe less at that early hour).

Continuing that theory, once arriving at Central, he'd either fly north at 70mph-plus, or he'd go south.

So here are some options:

HEADING NORTH:

1) 75/Central Expy north, to McKinney and beyond
PRO: it's a straight shoot, no stopping until you get to the boonies
CON: it's a looong trip, even at that hour (McKinney is 22 miles north, and the boonies don't start until after that; familiarity with hiding spots?)

2) North a short while on 75/Central, then exit Pres Geo Bush Tnpk (going east or west)
PRO: fast, no stops on either road; terrain with some trees, woods, and creeks either direction
CONS: toll/license plate cameras on Pres Geo Bush Tnpk both directions

OR SOUTH:

3) take 75/Central south to downtown Dallas; keep going south right on out of the city via another hwy
PRO: fast, no stopping
CON: takes you through dense, pricey, well-patroled University Park/Highland Park with some very bored LE; risky dumping until you're south of Dallas (and south Dallas carries its own risks in the middle of the night)

4) south a few miles on 75/Central then exit onto 635/LBJ going EAST:
PROS: Fast, no stopping; going east on LBJ takes you through terrain with lots of trees, woods, and creeks; eventually hooking up with 30E can take you out to more semi-rural areas just west of and including Lake Ray Hubbard
CONS: ? (familiarity with hiding spots?)

5) south a few miles on 75/Central, then exit 635/LBJ going WEST:
PROS: fast, no stopping; takes you right out the LasColinas/IRVING - it's a 16-mile (shorter) trip to familiar territory
CON: none, if you stay on 635W and don't merge onto the new "Interstate 635 TEXpress" (which has tolls)

After writing this out and seeing how relatively short the round trip to Irving would be, I'm really wondering. It's been reported that WM had contacts there (work and church), so he would likely have had some degree of familiarity with the route (more so than others).

''Mr. Mathews is going to be convicted. Mr. Mathews is going to spend some time in prison for what he did," Ruback told NewsFix Monday. "The only question is how long he's going to be behind bars and what he's convicted of."

http://cw33.com/2017/10/16/how-do-we-find-sherin-mathews-it-might-rest-on-the-family-suv/

Was just coming to post this article! Wanted to add this quote:
According to Ruback, leaving a child in imminent danger could mean up to 20 years for Wesley Mathews,

O.K. Guys, sorry, but I'm still fixated on a boat. Does he own a boat? Go look in it. Thoroughly. Same with an RV if he has one.

Lolli &#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;

There was a HUGE issue with cps not following up in Texas and for example, a young girl was beaten by her parents to death with a bamboo stick. Cps has been to the home but didn’t follow up. Other cases like that kept coming up so they “cleaned house” in the past year or so and are trying to do better after all the media coverage.

I would imagine that this would make them look really bad as well if the Dad is still out on bail and they gave their older daughter back. I don’t think they want that heat. Nor do judges.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member