Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked for CPS as a brand new social worker and there was always a push to place kids with family no matter how distant because the state doesn't have to pay family to care for a child like they do a foster parent. However in Sherin's sisters case I imagine they will be as conservative as possible when considering where to place her since this is a high profile case.

The discrepancy between kinship care and regular foster is real as regards cost/support to families, although depending on the locale there has been some improvement. Generally speaking it is better for children to maintain a family connection where it is feasible. Many variables, of course, but suddenly uprooting a child and moving them to live with strangers--even the best of foster families--adds additional trauma. Sometimes it's gotta be that way. But it should always be a consideration.

Don't forget, sleuthing posts get removed. So, whoever was doing it realized they don't see their posts anymore and know that the post on sleuthing was directed at them. The rest of us just keep moving along [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was following this thread closely last night... never saw anything that was sleuthing mom. Perhaps those posts were removed lightning fast!

I've been thinking that any delays Sherin has are due to life in orphanages, and she would catch up in time. Way back on thread 1 I was sharing about a friend who adopted a child from China. She was 11 months old, and I remember when they brought her home she was like an infant. She had no mobility, no strength, couldn't do things that you would expect a 5 month old to do. But she caught up over time, and her motor functions are normal now (she is 14). Here behavioral challenges (asperger's) and her incredible intelligence have been the difficult part, because many adults in schools do not understand how she can have the emotional/behavioral extreme behaviors, while also being articulate and highly verbal.

My point was that Sherin might have been "normally" delayed from her first 2 years of life, and just soaking up the language and environment and progressing So many possibilities. .

I agree. If you put a 3yr old child outside in the dark, she's going to cry and someone would have heard her. And if he told her to stop crying, she would have cried even harder because she would have been more afraid than she was in the first place. Three year olds can't control their crying when they're afraid. Someone would have heard her. It never happened IMO.

My theory is that he put her out there after she was either deceased or otherwise unable to cry out. Maybe in the hope that coyotes would carry her off. Maybe to hide evidence from Mom in case she awoke to give him time to concoct a credible disappearance story. The detail appears in his cover story because he was afraid someone saw him or that there would be other evidence of her having been there.

I understand! If I were in the mother's position, I would love, and hope, you all would sleuth me, to be able to exonerate me, without question. That's just me, of course. Every culture & person is different. The mother is innocent, and hasn't been accused of any crime, as we know. I'm just praying she chooses to cooperate with those trying to find Sherin.

Can't do much to prove innocence.

I doubt very much there were any issues in regard to Sherin's passport. Upon entry into the USA from India all passports and visas are checked before you can enter the US, and if the passports etc. weren't valid or if there was an issue with any of it the Mathews family would of been pulled aside by Homeland Security at the airport and wouldn't of been allowed entry with Sherin.

I don't think it's that there might be an issue with any passports that people are discussing. It's that LE specifically said (or Maria said) that LE will not comment on her passport yet it was not included in the list of items removed from the home. Which leaves the question... where is the passport and why are LE refusing to comment on it at this time. IMO anyway.

I don't think it's that there might be an issue with any passports that people are discussing. It's that LE specifically said (or Maria said) that LE will not comment on her passport yet it was not included in the list of items removed from the home. Which leaves the question... where is the passport and why are LE refusing to comment on it at this time. IMO anyway.

Indeed- as there are plenty of stories of black market and illegal adoptions from India and elsewhere

https://www.google.com/search?q=ill...0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.wc8gCnuCTAU

I've been thinking that any delays Sherin has are due to life in orphanages, and she would catch up in time. Way back on thread 1 I was sharing about a friend who adopted a child from China. She was 11 months old, and I remember when they brought her home she was like an infant. She had no mobility, no strength, couldn't do things that you would expect a 5 month old to do. But she caught up over time, and her motor functions are normal now (she is 14). Here behavioral challenges (asperger's) and her incredible intelligence have been the difficult part, because many adults in schools do not understand how she can have the emotional/behavioral extreme behaviors, while also being articulate and highly verbal.

My point was that Sherin might have been "normally" delayed from her first 2 years of life, and just soaking up the language and environment and progressing So many possibilities. .

Don't know what happened to my response when posting this.

Basically that diagnoses are difficult at an early age, even more when there are lots of compounding environmental factors (abandonment, adoption, lack of bio history, etc). So, I am not surprised at the vague statement of developmental delays.

I was thinking the same this morning...we have the despicable BG (bridge guy) in one case and the good citizen BG (brisket guy) in this case.

I think they are refusing comment generally on all things removed.

I had a grotesque thought I’d rather not type out, however, it’s worth consideration. So the parents have a bio child, who is now 4 years of age. Seems odd to suddenly adopt another child when your own is so young. Then odd again to undertake an adoption from another country, despite it being your homeland. Is it possible WM was abusing their bio daughter in whatever fashion, and SM said, enough, this is your flesh and blood! So he alone decided to adopt a girl from India, thus explaining why he was the parent in charge of her care, and why their was reportedly friction in the marriage.

JMO, before coffee. :coffeews:

Well LE not mentioning Sherin's passport could mean something or could mean nothing IMO. And i don't think LE mentioned anything about seizing documents about Sherin's adoptive status either that i am aware of? They listed a lot of items that will be important to test forensically to see if a crime happened in the home and to try to establish what happened to the little girl.

Well LE not mentioning Sherin's passport could mean something or could mean nothing IMO. And i don't think LE mentioned anything about seizing documents about Sherin's adoptive status either that i am aware of? They listed a lot of items that will be important to test forensically to see if a crime happened in the home and to try to establish what happened to the little girl.

They took the adoption papers, yes.

I had a grotesque thought I’d rather not type out, however, it’s worth consideration. So the parents have a bio child, who is now 4 years of age. Seems odd to suddenly adopt another child when your own is so young. Then odd again to undertake an adoption from another country, despite it being your homeland. Is it possible WM was abusing their bio daughter in whatever fashion, and SM said, enough, this is your flesh and blood! So he alone decided to adopt a girl from India, thus explaining why he was the parent in charge of her care, and why their was reportedly friction in the marriage.

JMO, before coffee. :coffeews:

(quote)
One of the Mathews' neighbors who wished not to be named, said Wesley and his wife, were struggling to conceive. They finally gave birth to a baby girl, who is a year older than Sherin, a report said.

Later, about a year-and-a-half ago, the couple announced they adopted a little girl from India. “They felt since God gave them that baby as a miracle baby, they could help another little one without a family out,” said the neighbor.
http://www.ibtimes.com/who-sherin-m...missing-after-leaving-home-punishment-2599286

I have never had a passport, so I don't know the rules. Does each passport have a unique ID #? Can LE determine when it gets used via some sort of database check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli