Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the media reports say Gaia was running *to* RD's house in the running video, not away from? But they haven't said where Gaia was prior to going to RD's?

Is that right? I initially thought the video was of Gaia running *from* RD's, I'm a bit confused.

Based on what I've read I understand it was her running from her mum's house to somewhere presumably RDs

kh-map-swanage-v51.jpg

Gaia had reportedly been temporarily staying at Mrs Dinch’s house at the time of her disappearance.

On the day she vanished, Gaia allegedly told the pensioner "I'm too hot" as she took all of her clothes off in front of her.

Neighbours also said they heard Rosemary and Gaia having an “altercation” on the day she went missing.

Reporting Rosemary’s account of the incident, ex-husband Greg Elsey, 69, said: “Gaia went in and stripped off the top half of her clothes down to her bra.

“Rosemary was really concerned and managed to persuade her to put her clothes back on, but she left without her coat."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4908614/gaia-pope-missing-swanage-arrests-murder/

So we're still no clearer which of 3 or 4 addresses she was living at. Not that it matters I don't suppose.

The FIND GAIA facebook page is up and running. There are already almost 7000 members and it is to be used for search logistics only. Hopefully it won't get out of hand.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1987713918143693/

My understanding is that her registered home address is Langton Matravers but she was staying with her Aunt in Argyle Road ( no idea how long for ) and visiting Manor Gardens a few times each week.
Interesting, looking at that map - if it's accurate of course, and I wouldnt trust anything put out by the Scum paper - but, based on the route Gaia took, running up Morrison Road, she would have reached NEs house before RDs.
So did she go to NE home first and got no response - hence moving on to RDs house ?

My statement analysis of RD's interview with the BBC reporter, strongly indicates deception. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-41980574

RD: Opening the door (slightly shaking head side to side) I had no idea who it was but there was a sort of help-me-bang, bang bang, help.. pounding. And I said (looks around, finger rubs corner of mouth) “what are you doing? Gaia come in, [just] s’come in, you don’t have to knock on my door, you can come in.” (nodding head)

Reporter: Do you know what the matter was?

RD: No, no.

Reporter: Didn’t tell you.

RD: She’s just upset, very upset, very upset, (looks around, clears throat, finger again rubs corner of mouth) I thought, ‘cos I know she has epilepsy and I thought at one point that’s what it was all about, as she sort of (rocks body back) slid to the floor at one point.

Reporter: But we don’t know.

RD: No she didn’t have a seizure I’m pretty sure. And I’m just so, I’m pleased because I gave her a cuddle, and she responded (voice wobbles, sucks in cheeks) sorry, she responded to me. (re-composed immediately with a slight smile)

Reporter: How worried are you now?

RD: Oh, (look of slight contempt and shoulder shrug) I, I’ve (voice pitches), I don’t know how to express (shoulder shrug) how I feel. You know, you’re alright for one minute, (both hands cover mouth) we had […] the family, and I, we haven’t eaten a meal since. Well that’s really dangerous for me. Yeah, very worried.

Reporter: You just want her found.

RD: Course, course I want her found. I have no idea where she is (exaggerated purse of lips and jutting chin) she just seems to have disappeared.

My notes

1. No mention of Gaia leaving the house, or circumstances of her leaving. (could have been cut from video or not asked)

2. A long introduction to Gaia’s arrival, used mainly to get across RD’s personality, lots of detail about the banging (which she negates when she says knock) but nothing immediate about Gaia’s distress, she has to be questioned about that. Nodding head to convince that’s truly what happened – why?

3. Just upset. Why say it three times, when she could define it by saying how Gaia actually behaved? Just means there’s nothing else to add. Withheld information could be that it’s a fabrication or she’s hiding what happened next, because she doesn’t want to tell a huge lie on TV in case she’s not convincing. RD saying ‘I thought’ means there was no communication with Gaia that she wants to tell us about. Yet she went into so much detail about talking to Gaia when she opened the door, so ‘just upset’ is an unconvincing change in the story telling – there is no recounting of ”what’s wrong, what’s happened, what do you need?, she never answered me..” Her finger rubbing the corner of her mouth at these moments also gives away that she is careful or nervous about her answer. Why?

4. The most alarming feature of all. The ‘at one point’ puts it to later than Gaia’s arrival at the house even though she has tacked it on to the ‘just upset’. So we know there was something unsaid about the intervening period. She introduces the sliding to the floor with her thought about epilepsy but then says it wasn’t a seizure, so we see a contrived way of bringing up the sliding incident. What is sort of sliding to the floor? Sort of means not exactly. Sliding to the floor (with a tipping backwards motion) isn’t in a person’s everyday range of movements without a cause such as a fall, a faint, a seizure, or an intentional slumping against a wall to a seated position. There would be no point in mentioning it if it was the latter because it’s not odd. The sliding backwards requires a cause and an outcome but she doesn’t give either – avoiding another lie. Note she doesn’t add that Gaia didn’t hurt herself or she was ok, which is what everyone wants to know so I think this tells us Gaia wasn’t ok afterwards. She’s hiding what she knows.

5. Pretty sure doesn’t make any sense, she would know if Gaia had a seizure. It shows her nerves in having to conduct this interview. A seizure would give her the perfect excuse to explain the sliding but she doesn’t take it because then she would have to fabricate a response to the seizure and Gaia’s recovery, which she doesn’t want to have to construct a lie about. Much of the interview shows her discomfort with lying and avoidance of making up things that didn’t happen, which might lead to the interviewer asking questions she hasn’t prepared for.

6. She changes the subject immediately – another sign that she’s uncomfortable dwelling on the subject of Gaia being on the floor. What follows is unbelievable. She’s pleased because she gave Gaia a cuddle. Everyone is beside themselves with worry, but she finds it appropriate to be ‘so pleased’. It’s information to make people like her and/or think that she's kindly. She probably did hold Gaia, and her memories of that are difficult, that’s why she almost cries. To say she is pleased about the cuddle, knowing Gaia is missing, indicates benefit was had, either by her or by Gaia. It’s a stretch to think that Gaia, missing for over a week, will be feeling benefit from a cuddle from RD.

7. A simple question ‘how worried are you now?’ throws her. She hasn’t worried about missing Gaia because she knows Gaia isn’t alive and missing. Stuttering over the word I is a common occurrence in deception. She’s got personal circumstances to worry about now, but she can’t express that worry because it has to remain hidden. So she says ‘I don’t know how to express how I feel’. It’s not at all a hard question. Instead she talks about her own health and says ‘very worried’ after all of that, so quietly that you can hardly hear it. Again she concentrates on not having to lie. In fact she doesn’t actually say she’s worrying about Gaia, that last ‘very worried’ seems to be for and about herself.

8. Found is another alarming word. It indicates knowledge that Gaia won’t come back by herself, she’ll have to be found. The reporter uses it too, so he is either setting RD up to see how she responds or he disbelieves that Gaia is ok too.

9. RD says she has no idea where Gaia is and it stands out because firstly she hasn’t been asked that and secondly it doesn’t need saying. It’s another nervous utterance. Just seems to have disappeared is exactly right – seems to have.

All my opinion only.

Excellent analysis Tortoise.

Point Six - RDs comment re being pleased she gave Gaia a cuddle.

This made me think of what people often say when a person is either;
going away for a long time - work trip, emigrating etc
Or, when a person is dying.

you feel pleased that you gave them one last cuddle before they departed/died.

My statement analysis of RD's interview with the BBC reporter, strongly indicates deception. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-41980574

RD: Opening the door (slightly shaking head side to side) I had no idea who it was but there was a sort of help-me-bang, bang bang, help.. pounding. And I said (looks around, finger rubs corner of mouth) “what are you doing? Gaia come in, [just] s’come in, you don’t have to knock on my door, you can come in.” (nodding head)

Reporter: Do you know what the matter was?

RD: No, no.

Reporter: Didn’t tell you.

RD: She’s just upset, very upset, very upset, (looks around, clears throat, finger again rubs corner of mouth) I thought, ‘cos I know she has epilepsy and I thought at one point that’s what it was all about, as she sort of (rocks body back) slid to the floor at one point.

Reporter: But we don’t know.

RD: No she didn’t have a seizure I’m pretty sure. And I’m just so, I’m pleased because I gave her a cuddle, and she responded (voice wobbles, sucks in cheeks) sorry, she responded to me. (re-composed immediately with a slight smile)

Reporter: How worried are you now?

RD: Oh, (look of slight contempt and shoulder shrug) I, I’ve (voice pitches), I don’t know how to express (shoulder shrug) how I feel. You know, you’re alright for one minute, (both hands cover mouth) we had […] the family, and I, we haven’t eaten a meal since. Well that’s really dangerous for me. Yeah, very worried.

Reporter: You just want her found.

RD: Course, course I want her found. I have no idea where she is (exaggerated purse of lips and jutting chin) she just seems to have disappeared.

My notes

1. No mention of Gaia leaving the house, or circumstances of her leaving. (could have been cut from video or not asked)

2. A long introduction to Gaia’s arrival, used mainly to get across RD’s personality, lots of detail about the banging (which she negates when she says knock) but nothing immediate about Gaia’s distress, she has to be questioned about that. Nodding head to convince that’s truly what happened – why?

3. Just upset. Why say it three times, when she could define it by saying how Gaia actually behaved? Just means there’s nothing else to add. Withheld information could be that it’s a fabrication or she’s hiding what happened next, because she doesn’t want to tell a huge lie on TV in case she’s not convincing. RD saying ‘I thought’ means there was no communication with Gaia that she wants to tell us about. Yet she went into so much detail about talking to Gaia when she opened the door, so ‘just upset’ is an unconvincing change in the story telling – there is no recounting of ”what’s wrong, what’s happened, what do you need?, she never answered me..” Her finger rubbing the corner of her mouth at these moments also gives away that she is careful or nervous about her answer. Why?

4. The most alarming feature of all. The ‘at one point’ puts it to later than Gaia’s arrival at the house even though she has tacked it on to the ‘just upset’. So we know there was something unsaid about the intervening period. She introduces the sliding to the floor with her thought about epilepsy but then says it wasn’t a seizure, so we see a contrived way of bringing up the sliding incident. What is sort of sliding to the floor? Sort of means not exactly. Sliding to the floor (with a tipping backwards motion) isn’t in a person’s everyday range of movements without a cause such as a fall, a faint, a seizure, or an intentional slumping against a wall to a seated position. There would be no point in mentioning it if it was the latter because it’s not odd. The sliding backwards requires a cause and an outcome but she doesn’t give either – avoiding another lie. Note she doesn’t add that Gaia didn’t hurt herself or she was ok, which is what everyone wants to know so I think this tells us Gaia wasn’t ok afterwards. She’s hiding what she knows.

5. Pretty sure doesn’t make any sense, she would know if Gaia had a seizure. It shows her nerves in having to conduct this interview. A seizure would give her the perfect excuse to explain the sliding but she doesn’t take it because then she would have to fabricate a response to the seizure and Gaia’s recovery, which she doesn’t want to have to construct a lie about. Much of the interview shows her discomfort with lying and avoidance of making up things that didn’t happen, which might lead to the interviewer asking questions she hasn’t prepared for.

6. She changes the subject immediately – another sign that she’s uncomfortable dwelling on the subject of Gaia being on the floor. What follows is unbelievable. She’s pleased because she gave Gaia a cuddle. Everyone is beside themselves with worry, but she finds it appropriate to be ‘so pleased’. It’s information to make people like her and/or think that she's kindly. She probably did hold Gaia, and her memories of that are difficult, that’s why she almost cries. To say she is pleased about the cuddle, knowing Gaia is missing, indicates benefit was had, either by her or by Gaia. It’s a stretch to think that Gaia, missing for over a week, will be feeling benefit from a cuddle from RD.

7. A simple question ‘how worried are you now?’ throws her. She hasn’t worried about missing Gaia because she knows Gaia isn’t alive and missing. Stuttering over the word I is a common occurrence in deception. She’s got personal circumstances to worry about now, but she can’t express that worry because it has to remain hidden. So she says ‘I don’t know how to express how I feel’. It’s not at all a hard question. Instead she talks about her own health and says ‘very worried’ after all of that, so quietly that you can hardly hear it. Again she concentrates on not having to lie. In fact she doesn’t actually say she’s worrying about Gaia, that last ‘very worried’ seems to be for and about herself.

8. Found is another alarming word. It indicates knowledge that Gaia won’t come back by herself, she’ll have to be found. The reporter uses it too, so he is either setting RD up to see how she responds or he disbelieves that Gaia is ok too.

9. RD says she has no idea where Gaia is and it stands out because firstly she hasn’t been asked that and secondly it doesn’t need saying. It’s another nervous utterance. Just seems to have disappeared is exactly right – seems to have.

All my opinion only.
Good work!
Who slumps to the floor for no reason???

MOO

It’s not hard to construct a chain of events and eventual outcome from that analysis, is it... :(

Didn't the media reports say Gaia was running *to* RD's house in the running video, not away from? But they haven't said where Gaia was prior to going to RD's?

Is that right? I initially thought the video was of Gaia running *from* RD's, I'm a bit confused.

The only way it adds up for me is if RD is her aunt. Because RD says she left coat at hers but its previously been said it was left at aunts. It has also been said that gaia was staying with aunt but also been said she was staying with RD.

The "cuddle" comment has stuck out since the very beginning of this. It seems odd.

To me (Canadian) a cuddle is a quick and fleeting kind of thing. It's a "there there dear" kind of thing.

A person in the type of distress being described isn't going to really deal well with a cuddle. She probably didn't want to be touched at all.

So after she put her clothes back on, did she leave through the front door? Did she go out the back door? She came to RD for a reason. What did she want? Did the cuddle calm her? Did they sit her down and try to talk through whatever was going on? Where did she go after the cuddle? To say she just disappeared isn't cutting it for me. Everything this woman has said is deceptive.

If a person I know shows up at my door in the condition that is being described here and then "just disappears", I would have called 911. Clearly this girl needs help. Did they call 911?

Also, why wasn't Gaia living at home? Why the Aunt? Why with RD? She seemed to be couch surfing. How does she know RD? What's the relationship?

I'm having a hard time putting together the living situation and home situation. I understand her past trauma, I get her mental illness and her epilepsy.

I also don't understand arresting two people on suspicion of murder and then letting them out and now searching again. Are they still POI's?

MOO

The only way it adds up for me is if RD is her aunt. Because RD says she left coat at hers but its previously been said it was left at aunts. It has also been said that gaia was staying with aunt but also been said she was staying with RD.

I'm pretty sure RD is not Gaia's aunt. Aunt Talia is the one who lives in Argyle Road, which is where Gaia was running from.

Interview with RD's ex-husband in the Sun.

According to the article, the ex-hubby says that RD was home alone when Gaia arrived. Gaia was crying and screaming, and RD won't tell anyone exactly what Gaia was saying because "She doesn't think it's right because the girl was in a neurotic state."

He also says that RD's daughter and grandson drove around looking for Gaia that night.

And the story has a picture of a sniffer dog with handler at RD's house.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4920658/rosemary-dinch-arrested-suspicion-murder-gaia-pope-ex-husband/

My sense of foreboding centres largely on the fact that a 19 year old would go anywhere on her own accord without a telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme