Found Deceased UK - Gaia Pope, 19, Swanage, Dorset, 7 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the local man who has been posting on here hinted at Gaia having somewhere to hide out....said he had today discovered more about GP.......it was a few pages back

Could she have been wearing the blue shirt under a bigger red checked over-shirt? This is so weird.

If that dash-cam footage was her, she could have been being picked up and taken out of the area, then a friend could have planted the clothes to make it look like a suicide mission?

All the possible scenarios seem so unlikely :thinking:

bbm - So true! I can't remember a case (and I've followed plenty here) where I found every scenario unlikely.

Mind boggling.

But something must have happened to that girl. Somewhere she must be! She didn't evaporate into thin air.

:dunno:

the local man who has been posting on here hinted at Gaia having somewhere to hide out....said he had today discovered more about GP.......it was a few pages back

Have you a link to that post :)

[video=twitter;931578677334245378]https://twitter.com/rupertevelyn/status/931578677334245378[/video]

If the dash cam footage is her then she was dropped off just down the road from her house in Langton. If nobody was home then she could have gone in, grabbed some old clothes from the bottom of the pile that wouldn't be noticed and then headed up the track opposite her house to Priest Way and straight up to where her clothes were found. Or someone else may have helped her disappear and given her a set of clothes to wear.

At the moment we don't know if she was suffering paranoia or there was a threat that would cause her to want to run. After learning a few new things today that I don't want to post on here, the police have not released everything about her and she does have the means and knowledge to go to ground if she felt threatened.

here.....she has the means and knowledge to go to ground.....how?

Having read her social media posts, I cannot believe GP is capable of putting her parents through so much stress and worry for so long. She seems like a caring sort of person, if a little 'off the wall'.

But then I suppose MH problems can do strange things to people.

Having read her social media posts, I cannot believe GP is capable of putting her parents through so much stress and worry for so long. She seems like a caring sort of person, if a little 'off the wall'.

But then I suppose MH problems can do strange things to people.

If she is in hiding, she can't be doing it alone, and by now that person would have realised he/she's going to face a serious trial for perverting the course of justice. A friend might have agreed to hide her, not realising it'd get so serious. Could they have devised a plan to plant the clothes to suggest a suicide attempt, then plan for Gaia to turn up later, claiming amnesia based on the epilepsy?

:thinking:

got to wonder about all those caravans locally.....loads must be empty this time of year. holiday lets etc...

Today it was revealed women's clothes thought to belong to the missing teen and found on a clifftop were dumped there after the area was first searched.
The area was searched multiple times by police, coastguards and volunteers in the days after the 19-year-old disappeared on November 7. On each occasion nothing was found.
Police and coastguards first searched a two mile stretch of clifftop between Anvil Point and Dancing Ledge near Swanage, Dorset, the day after Gaia went missing but to no avail.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5091871/Is-footage-Gaia-Pope.html#ixzz4yiINNuyW

Just seems so odd that a murderer would just leave clothes that will have DNA on so out in the open...and then take the body somewhere else...and if you were commuting suicide you wouldn't strip to do it...i still wouldn't be surprised to find her alive, 19 year olds do not have fear, they do silly things...it just wouldn't surprise me

But then again ... on further thought, IF she wanted to disappear why leave her clothes in the field at all? And if for some reason she wanted to toss LE a red herring, why leave the clothes in an area that had already been searched? She wouldn't know if they would search there again and they would be found.

It doesn't really make sense.

On the other hand, if the clothes had not been there previously someone must have dropped them there some time in the past few days. Why would they scatter them about? The only reason I can think of is, to make it look like 'crazy freaked out Gaia' ripped them all off herself before jumping over the cliff. But that scenario is impossible because then the clothes would have been there during the first search already.

Nothing makes sense at all! :gaah: Where's Poirot when you need him?

i still think PE and RD are involved, despite being released.

why would she go into hiding? because of the release of the person who attacked her? is that enough to disappear, without taking any belongings with you?

If she is in hiding, she can't be doing it alone, and by now that person would have realised he/she's going to face a serious trial for perverting the course of justice. A friend might have agreed to hide her, not realising it'd get so serious. Could they have devised a plan to plant the clothes to suggest a suicide attempt, then plan for Gaia to turn up later, claiming amnesia based on the epilepsy?

:thinking:

Seemed like a good idea at the time (and she was advised to do that by a family member on Instagram) but now it's out of hand and she's terrified of the consequences.

I don't know where she would hide, she is not in any of the caves between Dancing Ledge and Winspit as I searched all of them this morning. From what I have been told she does know the countryside around here very well so I am sure if she wanted to go on the run she wouldn't have any trouble getting out of the area without being seen. If she left just after dusk she could be past lulworth or north of wareham by morning, although she would have to cross the railway line away from any crossing as they all have cameras.

Then again she could still be in the town. There are a lot of holiday homes in Swanage and most of them are empty in the winter.

Is it possible the clothes blew there from a nearby bin or hole?

if someone was staging a jump from cliffs then i think some clothing would be hanging down the cliffs and a few items would be at the bottom.....with maybe some hair 'caught' in the barbed wire

What if, after running off from RD's house, she encounters someone locally who agrees to help hide her (for whatever reason, possibly sexually motivated). At some point over the next few days, Gaia's epilepsy escalates due to the stress and she dies. The person who's hiding her panics, because he isn't aware of her epilepsy and he knows she's a vulnerable missing teenager and possibly they've had sex or a fight, so there's some DNA evidence on her that shouldn't be. He worries he'll be done for murder.

A few days pass, and the person increasingly worries. It's too late to call the police. He decides to plant her clothes to make it look like a suicide attempt and that she's gone over the cliffs. He's stuck with her body or disposes of it further away.

It's very far-fetched but nothing makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1