IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem we are facing in this instance is the limitation of 3 frames. Was it a misstep, a realignment on the bridge back to center, or a faulty gait? We don't have enough information. He could have been drunk as well.

We also don't know that the three frames that were released are in sequence.

But LE has seen the video. If it was known that BG limped it would seem to be important descriptive information to have been released in seeking leads from somebody who knows him.

About the "Down the hill" recording. If you slow it down and listen to the very last sound made, it is of something metallic. You can hear the grass/weeds rustling and possibly a slight breeze, but at the second the recording stops there is what sounds like a sharp metallic ping or snap. I'm still studying this as we speak, so to speak ;)

This was also talked about in the Q&A with Becky Patty. I didn’t say anything because I haven’t found the link yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was just a theory pulled out of a hat. A reason they could withhold speaking about a limp the suspect might have.
So when so and so called in their next door neighbor and said they thought he could be the suspect - as they were describing him to the detectives, when they mentioned he had a limp along with the rest of his description it would put that tip higher in line. (If the suspect did indeed have a limp that they know about).
Is this a common practice by LE? Do they play this bingo game? Have any of you seen this before or is just speculation. I understand not talking about the murder it self but omitting a distinguished characteristic of the killer is bit too much imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Is this a common practice by LE? Do they play this bingo game? Have any of you seen this before or is just speculation. I understand not talking about the murder it self but omitting a distinguished characteristic of the killer is bit too much imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Total speculation on my part.

It was just a theory pulled out of a hat. A reason they could withhold speaking about a limp the suspect might have.
So when so and so called in their next door neighbor and said they thought he could be the suspect - as they were describing him to the detectives, when they mentioned he had a limp along with the rest of his description it would put that tip higher in line. (If the suspect did indeed have a limp that they know about).
Using this logic, it’d be better if LE gave no description at all. ;) Seriously, if the purpose is to find the killer, then LE will give the most detailed description possible. The more detailed the description, the better the chance of someone recognizing the guy (esp. if something about him would make him stand out from others).

ETA: Can you imagine the outcry if LE withheld a distinguishing characteristic and then the same suspect went on to kill again?

This was also talked about in the Q&A with Becky Patty. I didn’t say anything because I haven’t found the link yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a FB member but the Q and A with BP has been mentioned in the past as that being the source. If so and you find the link, maybe best check with a mod first. I'm not aware of BP ever being interviewed by MSM to that regard.

That's incorrect. He is in Teller county jail now?? Or he was until this morning at least. He's been in Teller several times.

He hasn't been in Teller Co jail in over a month. I believe they video him in from El Paso Co. for hearings.

Using this logic, it’d be better if LE gave no description at all. ;) Seriously, if the purpose is to find the killer, then LE will give the most detailed description possible. The more detailed the description, the better the chance of someone recognizing the guy (esp. if something about him would make him stand out from others).

I agree. The energy required to process 28000 or so tips must be well beyond a few good solid leads.

Very good question. Yes you can tell what a person's gate or walking pattern from a still image or by the person in question simply standing it front of you. It takes a bit of a trained eye, but this technique is used alot.
Could you provide your source for this? Only verified insiders can post facts without a source. TIA.

I think about how they were kind of trapped at the end of the bridge..to run would take them further into the woods, to turn back they would have had to try to run across that bridge...terror! MOO
They weren't really trapped. Abbey's house was down that private road about 3/4 of a mile or so. Correct me if I am wrong about the distance.

I struggle with why they cannot release more of the video and sound to help the public help them. If they really are stumped and dont have a suspect identified for this crime then I am perplexed why more cannot be released.

We already have seen photo of him and heard his voice. So why not find other bits that can be released and maybe it would be just enough for someone in the public to finally ID the guy.

I really dont get this at all. If they release the right parts then it should not hurt anything IMO.

JMO of course

I struggle with the same question, Hatfield. Considering the resources applied to the getting a clear description of the killer on the bridge, one thought reconciles the current status.

LE looks out for information that would point in the right direction, while having their eyes on a number of potential suspects. But who knows?

This is certain, somebody matches the voice, the image, the timing, the intention, and somebody or more than one person suspect him.

The right person or people need to get in touch with LE with this information.

If as you suggest, he may be used to moving around, settling, stalking, striking and moving on, then as much attention as possible to his particulars would help. I hope his voice, his face and as many known attributes get known, as widely as possible.

I don't know why, but I get the sense he's not always on foot, that he drives maybe more than one type of vehicle, which is completely speculative, something about the shoes. And that he makes up for his spryness and strength with weapons, or his kit if you will.

Some filtering I'd one in Feb. I'm not sure about the nose matching so well N guy? If I'm catching the outline right.
Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.26.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.26.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.24.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.34.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-15 at 3.37.37 PM.png the eye seem longer and less round?

If BG entered the bridge from the SE end and passed the girls, looking NW to ensure there were no witnesses, turned a 360 on the narrow bridge and approached them, that would cause an awkward few steps when realigning. It would also set off concern by the girls.
You mean a 180? An about turn I think. :smile:

Link to October statement regarding DN (posted on first page).

http://content.govdelivery.com/bulletins/gd/INPOLICE-1baf6dd

"[FONT=&amp]The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado."

ETA: I agree the Dr. Phil show indicated (to me) that they have moved on from DN. my opinion only, of course[/FONT]

Hi, Daae,

Bouncing off your post re limp.

IIRC, during the surgical dissection last spring of the photos of BG, wasn’t it deduced that BG likely walked with a limp?

Didn’t that add fuel to the DN is BG argument because they both (allegedly) have a limp?

Anyone following this thread from the beginning remember that?
Yes RIP I do remember that well. However when I recently said BG had a limp and so did DN, I got a load of grief here, as usual, so IMO BG has a limping gait. By coincidence DN has one leg shorter than the other, giving him a limp, as stated by KN previously linked.

Regarding BG’s gait and releasing further audio from Libby’s phone:

IIRC correctly during the image discussions I referenced earlier, didn’t someone compare the boards on the bridge in the photos to video footage retracing Abby and Libby’s hike and reach a conclusion as to what order the frames were in the video?

After 76 threads I think I may be imagining things!

In addition to not knowing the content of the audio we also do not know the quality of the audio. If Libby was walking or running, or it was windy, or the phone was in a pocket, or the terrain they were traveling made noise (crunching leaves, snapping twigs, splashing water, etc) the audio quality will not be as good as if the phone were stationary on a calm day without material or other noises covering or interfering with the microphone. There may not be many, if any, other words that are clear enough to release because everything else is garbled.

The above is JMO, but it occurred to me because I’ve been outside on a windy day talking on my cell and the other person couldn’t hear me well because the microphone/mouthpiece was picking up the wind and distorting what was heard in the other phone. I’m assuming audio would be affected like my phone call was because the microphone and mouthpiece are the same piece of equipment on a phone.

these shows are planned and scheduled months in advance. I truly believe thy will continue to act like there is no undo focus on DN until they are ready to charge him with something. This show was scheduled and was taped. No undue focus on any one POI.

it's important later.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members