Montreal police seek man drugging and robbing seniors in their homes

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ed-of-drugging-robbing-seniors-in-their-homes
[h=2]Police say the suspect offered the victims food or drinks that contained a substance that made them lose consciousness before taking valuables from the homes[/h]
The man approached the women at their homes and was able to gain their trust with his seemingly “kind and charming,” manner, police spokeswoman Caroline Chevrefils said.

Once inside the homes, he would offer the victims food or drinks that contained a substance that made them lose consciousness, she said.
“He offers them food or drinks, for example chocolate or wine, which contains an unknown substance,” she said in a phone interview.
“The suspect asks them to eat or drink the gift and then waits for it to take effect, and that effect is a loss of consciousness.”

http://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/n...cle_1a5ae1a8-b590-5658-ad7a-4361e499f633.html
Montreal police are asking for the public's help in identifying a man in connection with a series of home invasions that targeted seniors in three different boroughs in December.
The suspect is described as a white man aged 45 to 50 with a slim build and a shaved head.

Police say he is a native English speaker who speaks French with an accent, and may be wearing a black toque and winter jacket.

Other potential victims, as well as anyone with information about the suspect, are asked to contact police

http://montrealgazette.com/news/pol...or-in-home-invasions-targetting-elderly-women
The robberies took place in December, mainly in Pointe-aux-Trembles, Rivière-des-Prairies and Dorval boroughs. Police are also looking for potential victims.

According to investigators, the suspect approaches elderly and vulnerable women in their homes by talking to them at the door, or just outside their homes
The suspect is a white man with a slightly tanned complexion, about 45-50 years old, possibly European, of medium height, slender build and with a shaved hair. He was wearing a black tuque and a light, black coat. He is anglophone and speaks French with an accent.

Anyone who believes they have been a victim or who know someone who may have been a victim should go to their neighbourhood police station or contact 911 to file a formal complaint.

I am an elderly woman and I can't imagine letting a stranger into my home, no matter how charming he was. He must have given them a reason that was plausible for them to let him in.

I am an elderly woman and I can't imagine letting a stranger into my home, no matter how charming he was. He must have given them a reason that was plausible for them to let him in.
That's what I'm trying to understand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My aunt might. I'm not sure she would let a man in but she let Jehovahs Witnesses in on multiple occasions. She didn't know how to get them to stop coming back.

Some people are lonely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My aunt might. I'm not sure she would let a man in but she let Jehovahs Witnesses in on multiple occasions. She didn't know how to get them to stop coming back.

Some people are lonely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But I think she would definitely be more leery of a man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Could this be the same guy?
December 29 2017
http://canoe.com/news/local-news/el...home/wcm/cded9d29-7aee-4cf8-b873-b6095d960b59
[h=1]Elderly woman drugged with chocolates, robbed in her own home[/h]
attachment.php

Photo of a white Jeep Cherokee that may be connected with the drugging and robbing of an elderly woman in her home Dec. 7.Police handout
Ottawa police are asking for the public’s help to identify a man in connection with the drugging and robbery of an elderly woman in her home earlier this month.

The suspect is described as a white male, and was of medium build and height. He is believed to be between the ages of 45 and 50, with shaved head. The man spoke English with a French accent. He was last seen wearing a dark hat and a blue winter jacket and may be driving a white Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Police noted that similar incidents have occurred in Montreal recently and said they have maintained communication with Montreal police regarding the cases.

Attachments

• dski2j6umaaq_yo-1.jpg
    dski2j6umaaq_yo-1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 31
Arrest in Atlanta!!
http://ottawasun.com/news/local-new...anta/wcm/35506d15-8d8b-4797-a060-4ade384995df
April 5 2018
attachment.php

Hamid Chekakri, 47, has been arrested in Atlanta on suspicion of doping seniors with drugged chocolates before stealing cash and valuables from their homes.Police handout A man who is alleged to have drugged several elderly people before looting their homes and and fleeing has been arrested in Atlanta.

Police in Ottawa, Montreal and Sherbrooke have been after the man since December when several reports were made by senior citizens alleging that the man would pretend to be a potential home buyer and would visit properties put up for sale by elderly owners. He would negotiate a deal to purchase the home, then convince the victims to sample chocolates he brought to celebrate the purchase. It is believed the chocolates were drugged, rendering the victims unconscious for several hours and allowing the thief time to ransack the home and flee.

Attachments

• 0406_city_invader.jpg
    0406_city_invader.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 16

Thank You for the update.

So now it finally comes out how he got into their homes.

He would target elderly that had their homes up for sale to begin with. So it makes sense now how he got in.

Im surprised that wasnt mentioned before as that is an important part of this story and could have warned others selling homes. Maybe it was in local media only at the time.

Glad they got him. He had run to the states to hide.

Wondering if the accused is a resident of Canada or the US?
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...s-with-drugged-chocolates-arrested-in-atlanta
The investigation led authorities to a suspect who was arrested entering the United States on March 31. He is being held pending the outcome of the extradition request.

According to police, Hamid Chekakri, 47, the man is now facing an extradition hearing to have him removed from the United States and brought back to Canada to face the charges against him.

Police believe that Chekakri travelled frequently and that there may be other victims in other areas. They are asking anyone with information to call the Ottawa police at 613-236-1222, ext. 2266. Anonymous tips can be submitted by calling Crime Stoppers toll-free at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
rbbm.

Assuming that he lived in Canada as he spoke English and French, speculation.rbbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...-and-robbed-seniors-arrested-in-u-s-1.4606190
The 47-year-old man has been on the lam for several months and was arrested last week with the help of U.S. marshals.

In December, Montreal police issued a warning and surveillance video after several victims came forward with similar stories.

Police were able to focus in on one suspect after a substantial investigation that involved a profiler from the Sûreté du Québec.
Investigators say the man spoke French and English with an accent. He wore glasses, a large gold watch on his left arm, a black tuque and a black coat.

Anyone who believes they may have been targeted is asked to call police.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/drugged-victim-robber-1.4607982
[h=1]Drugged by chocolate and robbed, Montreal senior speaks out after being victim of alleged serial thief[/h][h=2]Hamid Chekakri arrested in U.S. last week in connection with string of robberies[/h]
April 6 2018
"He put his hand on my neck and chocolate in my mouth."

That's the last thing that Berthe Cadorette remembers before waking up the next day, her house robbed and the man who wanted to buy it gone.
[h=2]'He was very nice'[/h]Cadorette says the man who came into her home as a prospective buyer was very talkative about his family and his children. She says he showed her pictures and talked about moving his family here.

"He was very nice and he made me feel confident," she said.

Cadorette chose to sell the house on her own, without the help of a real estate agent. The man made an offer and she accepted it.

"I went to get a glass of water and he came and put his hand on my neck and put chocolate in my mouth," she said.

"I was not able to stay on my legs ... The next morning, I woke up in my bedroom and I called a friend to tell her I didn't know what happened and I wanted to go to the hospital."

The man had stolen her jewellery and cash.
Anyone who believes they may have been targeted is asked to call police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back