IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A subpoena duces tecum was filed three months ago on Oct 5, 2017. No name, no specifics. For all we know it was just another investigative avenue that later proved a dud in the search for a key suspect. Or am I missing something.......because how did this come to be connected to DN or KNs phone records?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iberty-German-14-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-75/page61
Probably because it was sealed like all DN stuff and because it coincided with the detectives return from Co?

Do we know if he's still jailed or did he find the means to put up $680 for his reduced bail? I'm just wondering because if he's out on bail, courts dragging their heels over a plea deal might not be that unusual.

Nov 1, 2017
"....Fourth Judicial District Judge Jann DuBois cut Daniel J. Nations’ $20,000 bond to $6,800, saying there was “no basis” to keep it elevated given the charges against him..."
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/...inked-threat-investigation-near-mount-herman/

Wouldn't a noncompliant sex offender with a failure to appear to a sex offense be the bassis to consider him a flight risk? How strange.

Good morning!

Daey34 said:
He is in jail. His bail is not $680. I've lost track of what it is, but it is more than that.

Shiresleuth is correct!

For El Paso County - it is $6,800K

For Teller County - it is $15K

So - total would be $21,800 - and bail would be $2,180....

So today we have the "Permanent Planning Hearing" at 11:30am in Teller County re his children.

Just over a month & it will be one year since Libby & Abby' s murders. Praying for answers for law enforcement and most of all for family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

:( ...

Appears to be a new article. Sheriff Leazenby states this is not a cold case.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_b323b47e-f01c-11e7-9eb8-6b73cc09415a.html

Adding to the media thread, thanks. :wave:

Case of Delphi teen murders has not gone cold, sheriff says
By Kathleen Merrill KVP Correspondent Jan 2, 2018

"It has been nearly 11 months since the unthinkable happened in Carroll County – 11 long months since two teen girls were snatched from a bridge on a sunny day off from school and murdered."

Snip

“"This is not a cold case, because a true cold case has nothing left to follow,” he said, adding that officers from multiple agencies, including the FBI, are still working the case every day.

One thing they’ve been doing is conducting additional follow-up on information provided by working with technology, mainly from cell phones.

“Some investigators continue to dig deeper into backtracking what certain people were doing on February 13,” he said, of the information captured from cell phones in the area that day.

“You just can’t clear out thousands of leads in a 10-month time period,” Leazenby said. “I wish I could give a timeline when we will have exhausted all the tips and leads.”"

"In the meantime, people continue to speculate about the killer or killers, and their armchair sleuthing is making investigators unhappy.

“As we continue the investigation into the deaths of Abby and Libby, please refrain from posting pictures on social media sites of innocent people set side by side with the sketch and picture of the alleged suspect,” the Indiana State Police wrote on Twitter recently. “By doing so, you take away from the investigation by slandering and possibly hurting those people and their families.

“Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of LAW. If you feel someone might be the suspect, please notify the tip line at 844-549-5786 or the email address abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. Do the right thing and help us solve the case and not cause unwanted pain and grief to those who may be innocent!”

It’s not the first time police have warned people about their public speculation.*

“First of all, it’s not fair to that person,” Riley said previously. “That person more than likely doesn’t have anything to do with this case, never did have anything to do with this case.

“And some people need to ask themselves, ‘Would they want their face up against that?” he said. “We are pushing that, to stop doing that, because some of these people might have families….and their child might come home and say a kid came up to them and said, ‘I saw your dad’s picture on Facebook as the killer.’

“Would you want your kid to be going through that? I wouldn’t want mine hearing that.”"

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_b323b47e-f01c-11e7-9eb8-6b73cc09415a.html

"What people can do is share the audio and photo and sketch wherever they have the chance to do so, police said.

And if you think you have information about the case, call the toll-free tip line at 844-459-5786. You can also email information to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

You can remain anonymous. A reward of more than $230,000 is being offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the killings."

From 10/16/17

Mother of Abby Williams filling gift boxes in memory of murdered Delphi girls
https://www.wthr.com/article/mother...gift-boxes-in-memory-of-murdered-delphi-girls

"DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - Delphi is decorated for Halloween, but many people already thinking about Christmas and how they remember the lives of Libby German and Abby Williams.

“This project is keeping me really busy,” said Anna Williams, Abby’s mom. “And I think it is going to keep the family moving through the holidays.”

Anna is leading Abby’s Angels, filling shoe-sized boxes full of little things that can make a big difference in kids' lives. School supplies, small toys, personal care items and other things many under privileged children often do without."

*more at link

A subpoena duces tecum was filed three months ago on Oct 5, 2017. No name, no specifics. For all we know it was just another investigative avenue that later proved a dud in the search for a key suspect. Or am I missing something.......because how did this come to be connected to DN or KNs phone records?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iberty-German-14-Delphi-13-Feb-2017-75/page61

IIRC, the subpoena was issued after DN's arrest in CO, thereby the link which opens to the discussion of DN.

Do we know if he's still jailed or did he find the means to put up $680 for his reduced bail? I'm just wondering because if he's out on bail, courts dragging their heels over a plea deal might not be that unusual.

Nov 1, 2017
"....Fourth Judicial District Judge Jann DuBois cut Daniel J. Nations’ $20,000 bond to $6,800, saying there was “no basis” to keep it elevated given the charges against him..."
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/...inked-threat-investigation-near-mount-herman/

He has 4 "holds" issued by other agencies. If he attempted to make bail, he would be turned over to the other agencies and arrested by them. He can't go anywhere!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 73
https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.t...el-nations-faces-new-charges-in-colorado.html

I am interested in the statement that Nations was found in possession of “a weapon by a previous offender.”
What if the weapon was the hatchet, and it was found to have the girls DNA on it, but DN has claimed he “found” the weapon somewhere or was given it by another itinerant person. Maybe the phone pings then become so important, because they may prove he lied about his whereabouts and it may just tip the balance as to whether there is a prosecutable case for the Indiana DA.
Sorry if this has already been discussed - I do keep up with the threads/news about the girls but I may have missed some.

As ever - IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.t...el-nations-faces-new-charges-in-colorado.html

I am interested in the statement that Nations was found in possession of “a weapon by a previous offender.”
What if the weapon was the hatchet, and it was found to have the girls DNA on it, but DN has claimed he “found” the weapon somewhere or was given it by another itinerant person. Maybe the phone pings then become so important, because they may prove he lied about his whereabouts and it may just tip the balance as to whether there is a prosecutable case for the Indiana DA.
Sorry if this has already been discussed - I do keep up with the threads/news about the girls but I may have missed some.

As ever - IMO

This means he is a felon (previous offender) in possession of a weapon.

As ever - IMO

I think you are misunderstanding the wording of the charges against him. "Possession of a weapon by a previous offender" means that HE was a previous offender, and thereby it is illegal for him to possess a weapon. Hope this helps

Ah okay - that statement always bothered me but I am glad to have it sorted out - I did misread.
Thank you for clarifying [emoji4]

IIRC, the subpoena was issued after DN's arrest in CO, thereby the link which opens to the discussion of DN.

Thanks. It's sometimes gets difficult to separate assumptive speculation from factual information,

Well one thing is known for 100 percent sure. that DN is the only POI officially named in the media by Indiana LE in the murders of Abigail and Liberty.

or do I have it wrong?

IMO

You can "ignore" those posting about DN all day long by viewing their profile and adding them to your ignore list. It makes this board much more pleasant to read. I wish Websleuths has an alert when there was a new article posted about the crime.
There is..... follow the media thread instead of the discussion thread. This is for discussion. That is for when new articles are posted. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well one thing is known for 100 percent sure. that DN is the only POI officially named in the media by Indiana LE in the murders of Abigail and Liberty.

or do I have it wrong?

IMO

Ya got this right! And I found Mtnlites post a few pages back really hit the nail on the head as to why our sleuthing here may seem so slanted toward DN (to the chagrin of those who feel convinced he is NOT BG). The TOS here are quite confining. I remember back in Feb and March coming across other RSO online who bore striking similarities to BG IMO. I remain very suspicious of DN, but- to those who have alternative POI in mind, is there ANY way they CAN be alluded to here, if only by initials, to be discussed in ANY form or fashion? I would like to hear! Is it ONLY DN we can discuss or can we allude to others or other theories somehow within TOS? If not, and I don't say this will snark, maybe those who think BG could not POSSIBLY be DN, should avoid this thread until some new details come up in MSM? (Otherwise, will those people not continue to just become increasingly irritated reading here?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute