Found Safe TX - LG, 14, & LGM, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Confused. So did the appointment of a guardian result in her being taken from her mother? To whom?

Who was the restraining order against?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]This just me trying to understand.I would appreciate all comments and corrections if I made any false assumptions. If my post is too far off base I will immediately delete it.I do not want to mislead anyone.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I am not a paralegal. But as I read it seems threats were made and Tonya in a pior filing requested a restraining order. It appears Greg Griffin is disputing it and the accusations just continue back and forth.I believe the Court after all the arguments were made struck a conciliatory tone and ruled Tonya take mandatory parenting classes to retain custody.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Please correct me. This is just my pitiful attempt to understand the proceeding.
[/FONT][/FONT]
:cow:

It does appear that TB had a guardian when she was young, leading to her removal from her parents' custody.

It also appears that she was in a contentious divorce with her ex. However, it appears to me that the person seeking the temporary orders may have been her ex, not her, because on the date the temporary restraining order request was filed, several declarations were filed on the very same date by people with her ex's last name.

It looks like after the ex parte (emergency) hearing on the TRO request, a hearing was later held, to determine whether such orders should be issued, on 11-30-05, two weeks later. It is not totally clear whether a TRO was issued at the ex parte or later, at the TRO hearing but it does appear a TRO with custody orders was issued on that date and a later entry indicates supervised visitation had been ordered. An order for a GAL for the child was issued a few days later (it was probably issued at the hering but the formal order not filed until 8 days later). That indicates to me that the court felt the child should have her own advocate due to the contentiousness and back and forth allegations.

A few days after that both parties agreed to modify whatever supervised visitation orders were in place. That could have been a minor change.

A couple months later more activity begins including another ex parte. At the end of march 06' and beginning of April, several declarations were filed by both sides, with the dad having far more than mom.

A hearing was held on April 6, 2006 and I have no idea what happened after that but it was silent until 2006 when there was an order of dismissal, which is odd (that usually means the whole case was dismissed) but then a few years later in 2009, it looks like dad filed a certificate indicating he had completed a parenting class.

Both parties took parenting classes. She took hers in early 06" or filed her proof then. He didn't file his proof until 2009, with nothing pending at the time, so it;s unclear why he did.

I see nothing to indicate a move away case.

The dad fought extremely hard for five months.

I also see a few judgments against her for money owed. So it looks like she had a troubled past to some degree.

It does appear that TB had a guardian when she was young, leading to her removal from her parents'....
Snippet me for space.

Thank you Gitana for your reply and your insight. You’re a rock star!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does appear that TB had a guardian when she was young, leading to her removal from her parents' custody.
<snip>
. However, it appears to me that the person seeking the temporary orders may have been her ex, not her, because on the date the temporary restraining order request was filed, several declarations were filed on the very same date by people with her ex's last name.
<snip>

I also see a few judgments against her for money owed. So it looks like she had a troubled past to some degree.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I appreciate your break down of the court proceeding.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Just a quick question gitana1. Is it correct assumption in the initial summons; Greg is petitioning the court for both a guardian for Lily and a temporary restraining order against Tonya?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]You are a real asset to Websleuths. Thanks is not enough. :tyou:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I appreciate your break down of the court proceeding.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Just a quick question gitana1. Is it correct assumption in the initial summons; Greg is petitioning the court for both a guardian for Lily and a temporary restraining order against Tonya?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]You are a real asset to Websleuths. Thanks is not enough. :tyou:[/FONT][/FONT]

I am confused. It says the petitioner is STEVE Griffith, which is Lili’s uncle. Does that mean HE filled the petition rather than Lili’s father, Greg? I don’t understand all of it but it stuck out to me.

I am confused. It says the petitioner is STEVE Griffith, which is Lili’s uncle. Does that mean HE filled the petition rather than Lili’s father, Greg? I don’t understand all of it but it stuck out to me.

It looks like it was SDG, the case number links them both.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Case 05-3-07955-3 - Petitioner Steve Douglas Griffith.png
    Case 05-3-07955-3 - Petitioner Steve Douglas Griffith.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Case 05-3-07955-3 - Respondent Tonya E Bates.png
    Case 05-3-07955-3 - Respondent Tonya E Bates.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Case 05-3-07955-3 - Respondent Tonya E Bates - Case Summary.jpg
    Case 05-3-07955-3 - Respondent Tonya E Bates - Case Summary.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 325

attachment.php

<snip>
The way I read it any petition is simply people in solidarity seeking 'something' here it is possible visitation? The issue could be Tonya was hostile & preventing shared visitation by Lily's extended family?

If you continue reading there is a GAL appointed for Lily.

There was a modification of 'supervised' visitation? Not sure? Plus mandated parenting classes.

Again I can only assume that there was a conciliatory agreement reached by all petitioners.

Anyone else have have an idea? I am only going on assumptions which probably will be wrong.

gitana1 is the authority.Perhaps if she has time she will give us her understanding.

The problem is not only do I not have a legal background I also am making assumptions.So treat my post as giving just an opinion with no claims of any knowledge of law.

You know the old adage it is better to keep silent and look ignorant than open it and remove all doubt. ::blushing::blushing:
:escape:

The way I read it any petition is simply people in solidarity seeking 'something' here it is possible visitation? The issue could be Tonya was hostile & preventing shared visitation by Lily's extended family?

If you continue reading there is a GAL appointed for Lily.

There was a modification of 'supervised' visitation? Not sure? Plus mandated parenting classes.

Again I can only assume that there was a conciliatory agreement reached by all petitioners.

Anyone else have have an idea? I am only going on assumptions which probably will be wrong.

gitana1 is the authority.Perhaps if she has time she will give us her understanding.

The problem is not only do I not have a legal background I also am making assumptions.So treat my post as giving just an opinion with no claims of any knowledge of law.

You know the old adage it is better to keep silent and look ignorant than open it and remove all doubt. ::blushing::blushing:
:escape:

Looks like the uncle filed for custody.it was a petition for non-parental custody according to the docket.

I was the one who speculated. I only wondered because he raised both girls since 2011 (maybe before) and recently updated his profile with a pic of the girls (he hadn’t posted anything public prior to that). Multiple posts in TB Facebook refer to him as their father and several close friends referred to him as TB husband on several posts this year. Since he is the one who seemed to alert authorities for one of the welfare checks and LG father about TM, it made me ponder whether he may step up if there is no other family that can/will take them. I am not sure legally if he can or will, but it made me wonder.

It also made me think that if he went to Lili’s father with concern about TM doesn’t it reason that he went to TB first?

Maybe there is a part of me that just wants to believe these girls had at least one person watching out for them.

In addition, I found photos of the longterm BF on his knee, with a ring box, holding a ring in his hand, and TB standing smiling. Next photo is of a huge gem on her finger. So perhaps they were engaged?

TB posted a "memory" of a photo of her and the boyfriend from when they were 15 and 17, so he has obviously been there off and on through the rollercoaster of her life. It was posted on 5/29/17.

Where are you finding the info that either of the people in that photo is the longterm BF? I don't see any names or anything attached to it, but I might not be seeing everything? Thanks in advance.

Did you spot Lili’s father in the birthday party pictures? I didn’t see him. Considering the long-term boyfriend was there and Lulu’s father was there, I find this interesting.

The youngest girl's father was there, holding her, and she was still so young, about 4 months old. This was 2010, when it seems that everyone was still in the same area. No, I have not seen any evidence of the oldest daughter's father in that birthday party pics (these pics are from a Flickr account). I did wonder if the longterm BF was there as a friend at that point, and if they became romantically involved after the youngest daughter's father fell out of the picture? Leaving TB with two young daughters to raise on her own.

This is one of the most heartbreaking survivor stories on here.

I may be missing some of what others know, so please correct me where I'm wrong.
I do not see the years of upheaval, strife, and dysfunction in the girls' lives. What am I missing?

The major strife and dysfunction, that I see, is in the last 4 months of their lives. The move of TM into the home, and the absolute dysfunction that followed, with TB's trip to NY, the breakdown of TB's long-term relationship with the girls' surrogate father figure, and TB's murder and the girls' kidnapping. THAT all is definitely catastrophic, and will deeply impact their lives for a very long time. But my guess is if you asked them, they knew they were loved and cared for, and they had a home in all the meanings of the word.

Thanks in advance for helping me understand.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Unique

attachment.php

<snip>

Looks like the uncle filed for custody.it was a petition for non-parental custody according to the docket.

:tyou:Thanks to both Websleuths posters Unique & Owutangledweb for clarifying that it was 'Steve' not 'Greg' who petitioned for non-parental custody.

Where are you finding the info that either of the people in that photo is the longterm BF? I don't see any names or anything attached to it, but I might not be seeing everything? Thanks in advance.

She tagged him in the pic and said "I was 15 and you were 17"..Scroll down to where it says "See all posts from 2017".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back