The Doe Network, Part 2: Who is Princess Blue?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to speculations about this case...
what about if P. Blue was placed for adoption by someone from REL? That person wouldn't have had to have been a senior, could have been a junior or even a sophomore and still have their class ring already. MrsG was saying that at her school (where she currently teaches), the sophomores were the ones ordering the rings from the Jostens rep that day. Anyway...my "zebra" thought is that if a teen mom (or couple) placed P. Blue for adoption in the early to mid-seventies, what if they left the class ring as a token to be given to the baby from her birth mom? It's a long shot, I know. But that would put the baby (P.Blue) at about late teens if she died around the late eighties. I realize we don't know the how long the remains had been "out there" before they were discovered in '90. If it turns out that she died earlier in the eighties, then the timeline would not match this scenario.
What do you guys think?

Good Morning everyone!
A little OT, but we had discussed this here before...
The "Body Ranch" for TX has been put on hold bec. the FAA had severe hesitations about it being located so close to a small airport. The vultures and buzzards the odor would attract could be a potential hazard to the small planes. Sounds silly, but really, birds flying into airplanes, or more importantly, their engines, is indeed a threat to their safety. So the Ranch will proceed, they're just looking for new acreage (sp?)

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6495627

Darn. I understand, and it is a serious consideration concerning putting a body ranch near an airport. I do hope they find other suitable property soon, though. We really need another body ranch. Actually, we need various body farms throughout the country representative of the many climates and soils. But, it would be a good start to at least get the TX body ranch up and running. Thank you for the update sloane:).

OT: Falcon is doing well. He has some swelling at the site that I am a little concerned about, but he is eating well, more alert and energetic, and is healing well. I have to make great efforts to keep this silly dog quiet, though. That is a small issue compared to what it could be, though.

Lion

Thanks Sloane. We were on a points system, and with my 8 yr old staying sick and my 5 yr old always in trouble, I knew my time was coming. My 8yr old went to the hospital for pnuemonia and they gave me the choice to come to work or be fired, so of course I was fired because there is no way I would leave my baby at the hospital with no mommy.

But, like I said, at least I have more time to devote to this until I find another job :)

Back to speculations about this case...
what about if P. Blue was placed for adoption by someone from REL? That person wouldn't have had to have been a senior, could have been a junior or even a sophomore and still have their class ring already. MrsG was saying that at her school (where she currently teaches), the sophomores were the ones ordering the rings from the Jostens rep that day. Anyway...my "zebra" thought is that if a teen mom (or couple) placed P. Blue for adoption in the early to mid-seventies, what if they left the class ring as a token to be given to the baby from her birth mom? It's a long shot, I know. But that would put the baby (P.Blue) at about late teens if she died around the late eighties. I realize we don't know the how long the remains had been "out there" before they were discovered in '90. If it turns out that she died earlier in the eighties, then the timeline would not match this scenario.
What do you guys think?

Hi sloane:). Although, it is more common these days to order class rings earlier, class rings were not ordered until the fall of junior year at REL in 1975. I spoke with the current librarian of the school who has been working there since 1989. She also is from there and graduated from REL in 1980. She said that they ordered their rings in the fall of senior year and had their pics taken in the early spring.

But, I thought about your zebra, too. It is possible. Back then more teens gave up their babies for adoption than they do today. I noticed that there is a very pregnant student on page 259C. She is the one on the upper far right. There are 4 students, and the names are in order below the pic. I matched all but the pregnant girl. I cannot tell for sure what her last name begins with. However I tried pretty much all letters and cannot find her. If no one else can find her in the yb, then she may have dropped out before graduation--hence her name is not in there.

MrsG, when you can, would you please note the spelling of her first and last name and PM me with it? She seems taller than the other 3 girls in the pic, but we don't know the height of any of the girls. And, she could have given birth to a girl destined to be petite. Also, if she is pregnant with Princess Blue in that pic, then Princess may have been about 15 at TOD. Of course it is a long shot and a zebra, but one of our goals was to track down all students. I hope we can find her.

Lion

Are you sure that very pregnant looking person is a female? LOL. The picture says it is "Jim Baumgardner" and the only Baumgardner in the class is a James W. Baumgardner. I think they are dressed up in that photo and part of the caption of the photo says "I'm 18 and I know what I want"..what do you think?

But, I thought about your zebra, too. It is possible. Back then more teens gave up their babies for adoption than they do today. I noticed that there is a very pregnant student on page 259C. She is the one on the upper far right. There are 4 students, and the names are in order below the pic. I matched all but the pregnant girl. I cannot tell for sure what her last name begins with. However I tried pretty much all letters and cannot find her. If no one else can find her in the yb, then she may have dropped out before graduation--hence her name is not in there.

Lion

Are you sure that very pregnant looking person is a female? LOL. The picture says it is "Jim Baumgardner" and the only Baumgardner in the class is a James W. Baumgardner. I think they are dressed up in that photo and part of the caption of the photo says "I'm 18 and I know what I want"..what do you think?

Ahhhhhh:eek:!! It's a man, I think! I think you are right. I assumed it was a girl, and I thought the first name was Jinn! But, since the last name is uncommon, and my pregnant Jinn's face looks a lot like James B(with a wig of course), I'm guessing Jinn is Jim is James. Sorry guys! RKnowley, thank you for catching that one:).

Teons, I am sorry you lost your job, but I am glad that your son is doing better. I hope and pray that your mom will be okay, too.:blowkiss:.

Lion

If you have the yearbook pics available could you look at page 275JK and look at the second girl over on the bottom row. What do you think of her being a match for maybe Princess Blue's mom? I tried Princess Blue's nose and eyes on her and they are very similiar. Also what race do you think the female in the yb (pic I'm talking about) is? Hispanic? white/african american?

ETA: There is a reason why I am asking about her particularly (Hmmm..probably spelled that wrong but oh well, lol)

ETA one more thing: I guess the girl in the picture could even be our Princess Blue for that matter??

Sure, RKnowley, what can I do?

Lion

Is her first name Kelly? She looks Black to me, however years ago I was told that with her features she would be considered Black with some caucasian features. I think if she had a baby with a caucasian man as the father the baby might be genetically very, very, roughly and inaccurately about 25% Black. That child might end up looking caucasian possibly with mixed race ancestry(Black).

According to the new, probably more reliable(more vague, but more accurate) info on the TX site, Princess was White. But, I don't think we can rule Kelly out at all. If Princess was mostly White, she may show little evidence of her Black ancestry. And, Kelly's facial shape is similar to Princess's. I am paying no attention to hair, skin, and assumed eye color. Her facial structure is similar, I think.

I still have not heard back from Sgt. C. about either Blanca or Ginger as being our Princess Blue or the other Princess Doe who's skeletal remains were also found in Manvel in 1993.

Lion

Lion

Her last name is Kelly. Her first name is Sheryl middle Denise. To me Princess Blue's facial structure seems quite similiar to Sheryl's. Sheryl married in June of 1975 had a baby girl in December of 1975. I don't know the race of the man she married. Haven't been able to find that one yet but I know that Sheryl divorced him in 78' and remarried 2 times (maybe more though). I can't find Sheryl after 1983 and I haven't located anymore on her daughter that was born in 1975.

ETA: I wish Jay would get back to you because Ginger could be a match to one of the 2 Princess Doe's found around the same time.

Is her first name Kelly? She looks Black to me, however years ago I was told that with her features she would be considered Black with some caucasian features. I think if she had a baby with a caucasian man as the father the baby might be genetically very, very, roughly and inaccurately about 25% Black. That child might end up looking caucasian possibly with mixed race ancestry(Black).

According to the new, probably more reliable(more vague, but more accurate) info on the TX site, Princess was White. But, I don't think we can rule Kelly out at all. If Princess was mostly White, she may show little evidence of her Black ancestry. And, Kelly's facial shape is similar to Princess's. I am paying no attention to hair, skin, and assumed eye color. Her facial structure is similar, I think.

I still have not heard back from Sgt. C. about either Blanca or Ginger as being our Princess Blue or the other Princess Doe who's skeletal remains were also found in Manvel in 1993.

Lion

Lion

I agree that her face is similar to Princess's facial recon. That would put Princess as about 14 when she died, which is a little too young, but still possible even if remotely perhaps. I would definitely make a note of the similarities of Sheryl to Princess.

Lion

Thank you for checking her out for me :)

I agree that her face is similar to Princess's facial recon. That would put Princess as about 14 when she died, which is a little too young, but still possible even if remotely perhaps. I would definitely make a note of the similarities of Sheryl to Princess.

Lion

Well, so much for that. I think I found Sheryl's daughter (born December 1975) in California. Back to the drawing board.

Hey all - point me in the direction to move. I'm off tonight, tomorrow and all day Sunday. I feel like I haven't been able to contribute much due to my job, but am raring to go.

Thanks for completing the spreadsheet. Are we now ready to send the letter? TIA.

We are trying to determine who spoke for what section of the spreadsheet in the chat that we had awhile back. Right now the spreadsheet is divided up into sections that have 75 names in each "block" The last block (9) doesn't have 75 names though. I'm not sure we want to go with the 75 names each or if we should go with 100 names each being that I don't think we have 9 people to do a block each??

Hey all - point me in the direction to move. I'm off tonight, tomorrow and all day Sunday. I feel like I haven't been able to contribute much due to my job, but am raring to go.

Thanks for completing the spreadsheet. Are we now looking up addresses for these individuals? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!