GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this hasn't gotten as much attention because a lot of people are viewing this as a mother who abandoned her baby and is now hiding out.
Unfortunately, I am in agreement with others here, this is hinky as hell, and I am afraid this mother, Amy, won't be found alive, if she is found at all. So, so sad.
Just my opinions.
Lanie

http://tinyurl.com/33u7dz Not much online from the county - just his mortgage and looks like an additional mortgage. Appears his wife's name is Maria DiMaggio (since the press isn't releasing it)

Wow I don't know how I missed this, I guess I was out of town but should have seen the follow up. IMHO I have an awful feeling that Amy was possibly pregnant and broke the news to the Dad and he took care of it like Cutts I am truly praying that she is found safe but feel it is murder possible murder suicide. Thank God the little boy was dropped of at the Hospital.
Thanks EZRA for staying on top of this one.

IMHO I have an awful feeling that Amy was possibly pregnant and broke the news to the Dad and he took care of it like Cutts [/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same thing..... if things were going along the same way they had for the past year there would be no reason for him to just snap and do this. It seems to all point to him.... she could not drive herself 75 miles south to drop off Michael and from all accounts she would not have done that to him.

I think the missing boyfriend may be using the myspace account to make it appear she is an alive runaway. He is familiar with computers so making a myspace page for her would seem natural for him since he naturally turns to computers and computer related things as his tools to do anything. Somehow I doubt that computer usage is all that natural for her as it is for him.

Remember, he did not report her missing originally and only disappeared after police got to digging around (if I read the articles correctly.)
". . A law enforcement source told The Times that Digirolamo is believed to have flown to Italy after his girlfriend, Amy Giordano, 27, went missing, . . . "
http://www.nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-3/118248537981290.xml&coll=5
I added the bolding in the above quote.

I also wonder if some of her journal entries at her apartment were dictated to her by her boyfriend to make her seem all depressed to help set up the fake runaway scenario.

I do not think he cares much about his wife since he did not mind having an affair with someone for over 3 years and having a child with the missing woman, so it is not surprising that he left his wife and went on the run without her. I also do not think that Italy is where he is but then I have not looked at the IPs that the myspace stuff is being posted from. Perhaps L.E. needs to do some looking into that part of things.

In the one interview with LE they mentioned that there has been some financial activity - that must be on his part since her purse and credit cards are at her apartment. Maybe that is how they are concluding that he is in Italy???

The only Amy Giordano myspace I can find is private but it does say last login 6/19/07 which is 11 days after she was last seen and Michael was found in the parking lot.

Did I read that this police force only has ONE detective?

I think they need to ask for help from a neighboring town.

This doesn't sound good at all, IMO.

JMHO
fran

Fran - for the amount of people paying attention to this it would not surprise me at all if they only have one - but honestly I didn't catch that.

It would be great to see a picture of this guy.

Fran - for the amount of people paying attention to this it would not surprise me at all if they only have one - but honestly I didn't catch that.

From one of your articles linked on the previous page

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070619/NEWS/70619034

Why Hightstown police, who are leading the missing-person investigation, had not already searched the closet is not clear. Ben Miller, the small force’s only detective, has not returned phone messages.

New Jersey State Police are aware of the case, but Hightstown police have not yet sought their help, state police Sgt. Stephen Jones said today.

I would think that with him leaving the country and her missing at least the State Police should be involved if not the FBI - once you cross state lines certain things happen in regards to who gets involved and they crossed state lines to drop off the child in Delaware so that should have set off something for at the very least state police then he went missing and now they suspect he is in Italy with all the dots connected he has to be at least a POI in her disappearance - if he's not then I'm losing all faith in LE!

I would think that with him leaving the country and her missing at least the State Police should be involved if not the FBI - once you cross state lines certain things happen in regards to who gets involved and they crossed state lines to drop off the child in Delaware so that should have set off something for at the very least state police then he went missing and now they suspect he is in Italy with all the dots connected he has to be at least a POI in her disappearance - if he's not then I'm losing all faith in LE!

This is dated June 20th:

New Jersey State Police, who now are assisting Hightstown Police with the investigation, said today that they do not consider him a missing person.

Sgt. Stephen Jones would not say whether police had been in contact with Digirolamo, saying only they have not opened a missing person case on him.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070620/NEWS/70620053

I don't know what to think about him. I actually got a bit nervous about pursuing this looking at him. He's 32, he has a ginormus house, nice cars, this may sound funny to you guys but the first thing that came to mind is Tony Soprano.... anyone else?

Where is Amy's family? Has anyone seen anything in the media about her folks?

Salem

Where is Amy's family? Has anyone seen anything in the media about her folks?

Salem
Nope not one word about her family has been mentioned .. thats why i am so surprised that this story is still in the media at all.. without someone usually family to keep the media attnetion on the missing persons case it quickly fades from the medias attention. I think its only that they are hoping she hasnt abandoned the child as orginally thought that is keepinfg this story alive.. the hopes that they can reunite the mother and baby. I suspect that some harm has befallen her .. why else would she abandon this little boy who her whole world surrounded and she obviously loved and cared for .. ? The father has run off to Italy .. but his job and family is here? the girlfriend is missing and he pulls a disappearing act himself? Do you suppose they are witnesses to a crime? like the mafia or some other type of crime where retailiation is known to be something to fear? Could the have hatched this plan to hopefully disappear while saving themselves and the baby? Oh for cripes sake I've been watching too many lifetime movies or something...:slap:

Recently, investigators gathered more evidence that might shed light on where the child's missing mother may be and why the child was abandoned.

Police sources told NBC 10's Harry Hairston that investigators executed a search warrant at a Con Air appliance company in Hightstown late Friday night.

Police said that is where 32-year-old Rosario Digirolamo worked as a computer analyst.

Sources close to the investigation said police removed several personal items from Digirolamo's locker but are not identifying the items.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13565768/detail.html

IMHO, things aren't looking too good for this missing woman. They KNOW he went to Italy, but the do NOT know where she is. I do NOT think that she would have willingly abandon her little boy.

I don't believe for a minute that the wife doesn't know SOMETHING. After all, the family has NOT called his place of employment since he disappeared.

JMHO
fran

:laugh:
Oh for cripes sake I've been watching too many lifetime movies or something...:slap:

Okay opme - I'm laughing now!

Okay maybe her family lives out of state or something? It seems LE would have found them by now though. I must admit I do have a friend, young single mom, with no parents or grandparents. No one to look out for her. Kids' dad is a druggie and his mom is schizophrenic. She went through some tough times. That's how I met her actually. She is now on the straight and narrow, enrolled in college, etc and doing absolutely great! I am very proud of her, however I am digressing here.

Maybe Amy does not have any family...... its possible and could explain why she is mixed up with a married man that has a child with his wife that is practically the same age as Amy's child. I mean seriously... wouldn't you just walk when you found out the wife was pregnant also? But..... maybe she didn't know he was married? He was paying her rent, coming around to take her and the baby to dr's appointments, etc. Maybe he told her he travelled alot for work and she believed him?

Maybe he wanted to break it off before his wife found out and Amy threatened to call her?

I just don't know, but I have a feeling she is not coming back to take care of that baby and I don't think she is in Italy either.

Very sad case............

Prayers for Amy and Michael,

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member