Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the kind words.

I have no problem with people saying someone involved in the case lied if they can post links to show it is so. I do have a problem with the credibility of posts by people posting that the parents are to blame for whatever happened just because they did not see the abduction take place (bearing in mind those posting such things do not yet know what happened) and I do have a problem with credibility of those who accuse the parents of murder solely on the basis of a perceived lack of emotion. I have also seen many posts about the funds that have been raised as if that somehow is evidence of murder and I have seen lots of posts about a lack of emotion shown being a horrible thing whether or not they actually committed any crime. I looked up the meaning of vitriol before posting to be certain I had the proper meaning for what I was seeing and in some cases that is what I was seeing. However I don't mean to paint all withthe same brush, there have been some extraordinarily sensible people posting as well and I pay attention when they speak as they usually post based on facts and not based on any kneejerk emotional response.

Evidence is a good thing to base a theory on.

For those who think the parents were the perps of the girls disappearance: Has anyone figured what they did with the body and in what time frame they disposed of it? (That's an honest question and not a challenge thing.)

For those who think someone other than the parents were involved why, and how was it done and where is the missing girl?

I haven't seen any of this group ACCUSE the parents of murdering the girl. I have seen some theories which involve accidental death on the parents part. I think that considering that an accusation is an assumption on your part.

I don't think anyone can argue that the parents are in part responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine, not as perps but as neglectful parents.

I personally do not believe there is any evidence that there was an abduction. If there is an abduction there is no way to tell who did it because there is no evidence. And as you said, evidence is a good thing to base theories on.

I think its very possible Madeleine left the apartment on her accord. It explains the open door. Although I guess I think her body would have been found by now if she met an accidental death nearby the apartment.

I think its very possible Madeleine left the apartment on her accord. It explains the open door. Although I guess I think her body would have been found by now if she met an accidental death nearby the apartment.
Quote by BethInAK

Your statement above made me think what if she did wonder off,an accident happened and she was found on someones patio,yard ect and that person panicked.They were scared they would get blamed.With the one woman who was beat for a confession for killing her child pretty fresh in residents mind (I don't know much about that case..if its true or not)They hid Madeleine and disposed of her.Someone who is not even on the radar of the police.

Don't know.This has me so sad and sick.Everyday I look for news that little Madeleine has been found.Some hope.Everyday its the same...nothing new.:(

It is Glaswegian (born in Glasgow)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article1779638.ece

I found this on the internet. It goes into a lot of detail about the McCanns- their educations, how they met, where they've lived, etc.

There are some interesting revelations in it. For instance, KM has training in anesthesiology: Mrs McCann studied medicine at the University of Dundee, qualified as an anaesthetist, then retrained as a GP because the work would be easier to combine with motherhood.

The nanny issue comes up again in this article: Valerie Armstrong, landlady of Rothley’s Royal Oak pub, where the McCanns sometimes go for lunch or dinner, said: “They are lovely, gentle, caring people.” She said that they would let only their nanny or relatives babysit the children, and chose the Mark Warner resort precisely because they thought that it was safe.

I'll be stunned if their marriage survives. :( Gerry shows obvious ability to be able to pick up the pieces and move on though.:mad:

Some interesting ideas came out of reading this article.

1. Why was GM so buoyant when he arrived home? How could any father be buoyant after his 4-year-old daughter was still missing three months later?

2. The venture went extremely well? His trip to the US resulted in being rebuffed by First Lady Laura Bush for a private chat and the network newspeople "grilled" him!

3. If GM believes his role as ambassador is unwanted, why did he take it? There are much better ways of keeping Madeleine's presence alive than meeting presidential aides in the US.

4. As written- "it was impossible to avoid contrasting his demeanour with that of his wife, Kate, who waited - forlorn, as ever - in the blisteringly hot Algarve." All we've heard about GM is how he's here, there and everywhere- anywhere but in Portugal with his wife. What a selfish b*****d!

5. I feel really bad for Madeleine's mom, and I so wish she'd just give it up and admit her mistake in leaving her daughter alone. If there is one member of this couple to feel sorry for, it's Kate.

6. I agree, CD. I don't see the McCanns staying married if Madeleine doesn't show up.

Here are three articles on Madeleine McCann from an American newspaper, The Evening Bulletin located in Philadelphia.

Parents Of Kidnapped McCann Child To Blame 5/15/07
http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=18342149&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8

Britain Defends McCann Parents 5/22/07
http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=18371835&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8

McCann's Parents Love Being Globe-Trotting Celebrities 7/27/07
http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=18636395&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8

Phew! Thank goodness this has got back to Websleuths and not Web moraljudges....

Having looked at some of the evidence on the website, I decided to make a list to see if, as I wrote the information down, any ideas would become clearer. Not exactly comprehensive - just thoughts

A local paedophile:
Pros
Would know the local area – that this holiday camp would be bursting with children. Could take her away and hide her quickly. Would know the immediate area well.
Could have also had a car nearby. If so she may be still locally.

The police search was not door-to-door and not comprehensive, according to press reports – it’s only a small police station and it appears that the police didn’t exactly jump to it.

The McCann’s keep stating the police are ‘doing a good job’. That’s sometimes press-speak for ‘They don’t seem to have a clue - but we are not in a position to criticise’.

There don’t seem to be any press reports of all the local paedophiles being interviewed – but then do the Portuguese keep up-to-date records? . It’s also a transitory population, including the waiters, etc at the complex. Were all employees they all checked?

Possibility of remote farms etc in the area, which have not been searched Also the police don’t seem to have used a huge amount of manpower to scour the area or do inch-by-inch searches as the British police do. At least this has not been pictured.

British holiday makers saying that their flats were still not searched weeks after the disappearance. If true, then may others may not have been searched, so there would have been plenty of time to cover up as unlikely the police would search all suitcases etc..

Cons
Was it chance or was it planned? If planned, the person responsible would have needed to keep watch. Therefore likely to have been noticed by someone. With a £3m reward at stake – why hasn’t someone come forward - unless the person was working alone?

Paedophile gang
Pros
I believe that Mrs McCann was convinced that this is what had happened to Madeleine. I think that is why she carried the Cuddle Cat around with her.

…A gang may have kept Madeleine amused by letting her watch TV. Mrs McCann may have carried the cat as a sign as, if her child was watching foreign language TV, it would have been a message to say that we are searching for you.

It would be possible to plan in advance, with local knowledge, working in a team.
They would know that they would have 20-30mins in which to take her but they could not guarantee access to the room.

As the police did not mount roadblocks, could have easily got away. Several sightings in other countries. Almost impossible to follow each one up - checking a 'service station sighting ' hours after the party has left for instance.

Cons
If they just wanted any child, it would have been a lot easier to steal a working class child out playing, as their disappearance would be less likely to be reported immediately. It would have been a risky option as it was in a complex, with potential witnesses..
With a £3m reward at stake – why hasn’t someone come forward as there is usually one person who would like the money involved with a gang.

Robert Murat
Pros
Involved himself in the investigation and reported by a British journalist as being suspect – not a Portuguese. If the evidence of the McCann’s friends is to be believed, was on the scene shortly afterwards.
Lives nearby and an alibi from a mother is not the best.

Cons
Doesn’t seem to have any history of paedophile activities.. Ex- wife says he’s just very helpful. No DNA evidence at his mother’s house or in his car, as the police would have charged him if any was found. Do the phone calls place him at his mother’s house or is it just an area that is located when a call is made?

…..The recent British case of the Ipswich murders… where an innocent man was almost judged in the press to be the murderer – even the stories of: ‘I always knew his eyes were too close together’etc etc’ printed - before someone else was arrested, is an example of close … but entirely wrong.

The Mc Canns
Pros
May have been accidental. Behaviour after Madeleine went missing has been stated as being odd. Times seem to vary.

Cons
It would be natural of a shocked Mrs McCann to run to get the friends to search if she believed Madeleine had wandered off.

There seems to be a discussion over the time elapse between the parents returning to check the children – 20m, 30m etc but it is likely that they didn’t check by the clock– just when they thought it was time to. Therefore they may not know exact times.
Difficulty in getting all friends to cover up.
Difficulty in disposing the body.

The Friends
Pros
On the spot. Had access to the room. Missing part of the time.

Cons
Difficult to dispose of the body in such a short space of time.

Any more ideas anyone?

Here are three articles on Madeleine McCann from an American newspaper, The Evening Bulletin located in Philadelphia.

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=18342149&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=18371835&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/index.cfm?newsid=18636395&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=8

Great Links Calikid, the three links are still focusing on the parents, as there is no news of Madelaine, and until there is the parents are still the hot topic on this thread.
The last link really lets the McCanns have it about their negligence. It is all news we have heard before. My prayers are for Madelaine, wherever she is.

Oh dear - the usual badly researched 2,000 words by lunchtime to get the readers up and thinking.

I agree 100% with this part of the article by Chris Freind of the Bulletin:

But hey, they allegedly "checked" on the kids from time to time, between the prawns and paella, no doubt, even though the hotel door was left unlocked for "fire-safety" reasons. (Explain the logic of that one.)

Most amazing of all, the McCanns still don't see anything wrong with what they did. After all, they say, that's the way they do things in Britain. It's just a "cultural difference," we're told.

That "cultural difference" is nothing more than politically correct code-speak for sheer laziness and wanton selfishness that quite possibly cost Madeleine her life. But kidnappers love it.

Right on cue, the irresponsible British press, rather than covering the McCann situation, chose instead to cover for the McCanns. It inexplicably misrepresented the facts and under-reported the real story. Rather than chastising the parents and using the media to raise awareness about the perils of leaving young children alone, many British journalists looked for a scapegoat, preferably a non-British one. They found it in the form of the Portuguese.

IMO if the stories coming out are true, every one of those parents should be charged with neglect, including the McCanns.
Just vaguely ramble type responding to different posts:
Madeleine was not very big, and I think her body could have been smuggled out in something as small as a carry-on. Who is going to think anything of someone in that area carrying 'luggage' around?
I find it unlikely the parents did something that killed her and then disposed of her body, and were then able to be with their friends until the disappearance was 'discovered', unless they are both sociopaths. I don't care how unfeeling the parents come across as, the reality of having killed your child, and then spending the next few hours right away acting like you are really partying and having a good time with your friends seems too much of a strectch. I would be more willing to believe this of GM alone. I also find it unlikely all the group is involved. I don't know what motive they would have to keep it hushed up. Going back to if the stories are true, I don't think it would take a lot of cloak and dagger for someone to figure out all those children were easy pickings. There have been allegations all the children were left alone night after night, neighbors being disturbed by crying, the hotel asking the McCanns to avail themselves of the provided daycare, etc. Since I am not familiar with Portugual, I will put this hypothetical situation in my local area. Say I work at the local resort. I get off, and am wearing my shirt with the name of the local resort, and I pop into Walmart to pick up a few things, get on my cell phone, and am just blaring away (an annoying cell phone habit a lot of people seem to have) telling the person on the other end how these awful people staying at the resort keep leaving these babies unattended night after night, I am tempted to turn them in to CPS if I thought it wouldn't cost me my job, blah blah blah... and who knows how many perverts pick up this conversation, swing by the resort the next night, see the kids are home alone, snatch one up, and end of story. If the McCanns are lying about how often they checked on them, Madeleine could have been missing a lot more than 30 minutes, which means she could have been a lot further away than was being considered when the search started.
Lanie

Oh dear - the usual badly researched 2,000 words by lunchtime to get the readers up and thinking.
Oh Yes!! Searches for anything that only bashes the McCanns.
Interviews or statements given by Gerry McCann are even picked apart for words he's used to see if they can also be used against him.

Hi Everyone, i've been chit chating with friends about the case today and things started to gell a bit so I wrote them down. I don't want to upset anyone by proposing that Madeleine has died. My theory here could cover either her death or still being alive as you will see. It is pretty bare bones.

Also, I am not really anti or pro McCann, or at least try to be objective about them. I think our focus should be on finding Madeleine, and that is why we Sleuth here, to try our best to find an answer:

Evening on May 3rd in Praia da Luz

I think she just didn't wake up, and it all boils down to what happened between 6 and 10 that night. Gerry wasn't going to have a repeat of the night before being called on the carpet by the resort mngr, so they gave all 3 children meds so they would sleep, along with their dinner. Little did they know Maddy's system couldn't handle it and her heart rate slowed. They were concerned about her but not really worried. But upon checking her before they were going to leave around 7:30, they found she had passed.

They were panicked of course, but realized they had to deal with it now. I think Gerry walked over to pick up Russel, who with Jane were staying in the same bldg upstairs. and told him what had happened. They thought about what to do and devised a plan. Jane was right there and she would have to be late for dinner and come upon the man who would carry Madeleine away so she could tell the world she had been abducted.

Gerry had a good friend from England on holiday and close by, and he called him from Russel's place to see if he could help to remove the body. He would wrap her in a blanket and carry her down the street and Jane would then be able to tell the truth that she had seen a man carry away what appeared to be a child. They agreed this should happen around 9:15 when all was quiet outside. Gerry would check the children at 9:30 and return saying all was well, and Kate would go at 10 to discover her missing.

Since she had died by accident they would have to keep the truth from everyone. None of their friends waiting for them at the Tapas knew yet what had happened, and maybe they didn't tell them. But I do think later that night they did talk to the other members of the party and formed the pact. There might have been other issues they didn't want to come into play with Madeleine having been abducted - drugs, sex, who knows.

The 4 of them, Jane, Russel, Matthew and Gerry went over to the apt one by one between 9:05 and 9:30, and Jeremy came by as he said he would entering thru the already unlocked patio door, and took her away. It was really Madeleine he had wrapped up in his arms, and not his 8 month old child. He wasn't in their party, so no one would suspect him. He is in a somewhat dosgy profession as a TV producer of films with a questiable nature, like masturbation, etc

It does explain many things:

The mom said they usually dined every night at 7:30, and don't think they were all assembled till around 8:30 at the Tapas.

The PJ said she disappeared between 9:10 and 9:20 I think, and that is exactly when Jeremy was there.

It explains why between 9:05 and 9:30 there were 4 members of the party within a stones throw of the apt. Everyone was very concerned and wanted to make sure every base was covered in their plan.

It explains why Matthew was in their apt, to make sure the twins were OK and still sleeping and the house looked presentable.

Mr Levy said in a statement several weeks ago that we would all be in for a surprise with Jeremy and his involvement.

And this is why Kate has withered away, the guilt of the whole charade of Find Madeleine, spoofing the Pope, the world, the family, the police, and to save themselves they can not let the truth ever come out or they will face big charges as will their friends.

If she did not die that evening, then I believe the McCanns had to hide her for some reason as her life had been threatened. Everything was done the same way.

I think Murat was called by a friend to move her at one point, under threat that his girl would be hurt if he didn't. Someone knew him from somewhere and knew what he was like and he would be the perfect scapegoat to explain away who had taken her.

This is a theory only and only my opinion.

Assuming Madeleine was kidnapped, who would be the possible perps? What kind of people inhabited the area around the resort who might have wanted to take a small girl? Who was seen that night who looked out of place?

***In the aftermath of her disappearance, several families who had been at the resort before the McCanns arrived mentioned that a strange man had approached children at the beach, wanting to take pictures of them. They also claim they told resort management who should've warned later vacationers.*** According to Scandi, this was ruled out when the photographers came forward and were found to be innocent of any wrong-doing.

Going through their holiday pictures afterwards, the McCanns found a photo of GM with the children and felt a man in the background had been staring a Madeleine.

The McCanns claimed after the fact that they were being followed.

***Portugal has been accused of being a hotbed for pedophiles. Area residents angrily deny this.*** According to Scandi, this is true, and there have been at least two operations along the coast to identify and round up known perverts.

One of the McCann friends said she saw a mysterious man with an egg-shaped head with longish hair wearing beige pants and carrying a child in pajamas wrapped up in a blanket. GM, checking on the children around 9:00 spoke to a friend in the same area around the same time who was walking his 8-month-old son- he may or may not be the same man.

After KM found Madeleine missing she ran down to the Tapas bar to notify GM and their friends. They went back to the apartment and searched for her, calling the local police soon after. Around two hours later, the PJ were notified. The resort and nearby areas were searched until 4:30 am.

Sniffer dogs alerted on Madeleine's scent and tracked her to an apartment in the complex and to a market/Indian take-out restaurant which closed at 8:00 pm that night. The people who had used the apartment had checked out earlier.

It is debated whether the apartment the McCanns stayed in was sealed off or not, but the PJ later said that so many people were in and out that night, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. One fingerprint remains unaccounted for.

A blond woman was seen standing by the road near the apartment.

There were reports of an American man with a white van carrying a woman and two men, one of them with an army backpack. A Dutch tourist later said she saw a little girl who looked like Madeleine at a gas station in Marrakesh, Morocco. She was accompanied by a man with an army backpack and asked him when she is going to see mom.

A man was seen near the Lagos marina with a child.

There was also a report of two people with a child near the same marina.

A man who had moored his boat for 2 years at the Lagos marina left and sailed away that night. Nobody knows where he went.

The highway cameras on the roads out of Portugal into Spain weren't checked until days later, and to our knowledge, nothing out of the ordinary was seen.

A few days after Madeleine's disappearance, journalists became suspicious of Robert Murat, a local British expatriate who lives with his mother next door to the apartment and appeared over-helpful. They notified the PJ who already had their own suspicions of him. Three of the McCanns' friends claim, after the PJ began to investigate him, that they'd seen him around the apartment on May 3, peeking into windows. RM says he wasn't there; his alibi was that he was with his girlfriend, Michaela, but he later said he was with his mother at her house, eating dinner, and stayed in all night. Phone records supposedly confirm his alibi, but the PJ is still suspicious because he changed it. RM has a wife in the UK and a daughter the same age as Madeleine whom he claims resembles the missing girl. Her name is Sophie, but he originally said it was Madeleine. RM had been in the UK visiting his daughter but returned to Portugal two days before Madeleine disappeared.

RM hired a rental car while he was under suspicion of the PJ (after May 3) and has given at least two reasons why he needed it instead of using his own. RM's house has been searched and a "secret room" was found, but the original owner claimed he had the room installed. RM was extensively questioned and named a suspect. It has been reported that his computer had child *advertiser censored* on it. DNA samples were taken.

RM's girlfriend, Michaela, and her husband, with whom she still lives, were questioned. The husband is employed by the resort.

A business associate of RM named Sergei Malinka made a telephone call to RM late on the night of May 3. He owns a web business. SM's house was also searched.

***In Spain last month, Danilo Chemello and Aurora Pereira Vaz were arrested for trying to extort money from the McCanns, claiming to know where Madeleine was. Chemello was wanted on an international warrant for trying to blackmail a judge, and Vaz is a known illegal adoption mastermind. Upon investigation, a small bed was located in their villa, and DNA was taken from it to find out if Madeleine had used it.***

Praia da Luz was searched; however there are close to 500 vacation apartments, and some of them were not being used at the time since it was early in the vacation season. It's unknown whether all were eventually checked or not.

Tracking dogs, officers on horseback, helicopters and a small plane also were used to search.

There have been sightings of Madeleine in many European countries, specifically around the Mediterranean. Most of the sightings have been in Malta, but none are confirmed to have been her.

Hi Everyone, i've been chit chating with friends about the case today and things started to gell a bit so I wrote them down. I don't want to upset anyone by proposing that Madeleine has died. My theory here could cover either her death or still being alive as you will see. It is pretty bare bones.

Also, I am not really anti or pro McCann, or at least try to be objective about them. I think our focus should be on finding Madeleine, and that is why we Sleuth here, to try our best to find an answer:

Evening on May 3rd in Praia da Luz

I think she just didn't wake up, and it all boils down to what happened between 6 and 10 that night. Gerry wasn't going to have a repeat of the night before being called on the carpet by the resort mngr, so they gave all 3 children meds so they would sleep, along with their dinner. Little did they know Maddy's system couldn't handle it and her heart rate slowed. They were concerned about her but not really worried. But upon checking her before they were going to leave around 7:30, they found she had passed.

They were panicked of course, but realized they had to deal with it now. I think Gerry walked over to pick up Russel, who with Jane were staying in the same bldg upstairs. and told him what had happened. They thought about what to do and devised a plan. Jane was right there and she would have to be late for dinner and come upon the man who would carry Madeleine away so she could tell the world she had been abducted.

Gerry had a good friend from England on holiday and close by, and he called him from Russel's place to see if he could help to remove the body. He would wrap her in a blanket and carry her down the street and Jane would then be able to tell the truth that she had seen a man carry away what appeared to be a child. They agreed this should happen around 9:15 when all was quiet outside. Gerry would check the children at 9:30 and return saying all was well, and Kate would go at 10 to discover her missing.

Since she had died by accident they would have to keep the truth from everyone. None of their friends waiting for them at the Tapas knew yet what had happened, and maybe they didn't tell them. But I do think later that night they did talk to the other members of the party and formed the pact. There might have been other issues they didn't want to come into play with Madeleine having been abducted - drugs, sex, who knows.

The 4 of them, Jane, Russel, Matthew and Gerry went over to the apt one by one between 9:05 and 9:30, and Jeremy came by as he said he would entering thru the already unlocked patio door, and took her away. It was really Madeileine he had wrapped up in his arms, and not his 8 month old child. He wasn't in their party, so noone would suspect him. He has a dowdy profession as a TV producer of films with a questiable nature, like masturbation, etc

It does explain many things:

The mom said they usually dined every night at 7:30, and don't think they were all assembled till around 8:30 at the Tapas.

The PJ said she disappeared between 9:10 and 9:20 I think, and that is exactly when Jeremy was there.

It explains why between 9:05 and 9:30 there were 4 members of the party within a stones throw of the apt. Everyone was very concerned and wanted to make sure every base was covered in their plan.

It explains why Matthew was in their apt, to make sure the twins were OK and still sleeping and the house looked presentable.

Mr Levy said in a statement several weeks ago that we would all be in for a surprise with Jeremy and his involvement.

And this is why Kate has withered away, the guilt of the whole charade of Find Madeleine, spoofing the Pope, the world, the family, the police, and to save themselves they can not let the truth ever come out or they will face big charges as will their friends.

If she did not die that evening, then I believe the McCanns had to hide her for some reason as her life had been threatened. Everything was done the same way.

I think Murat was called by a friend to move her at one point, under threat that his girl would be hurt if he didn't. Someone knew him from somewhere and knew what he was like and he would be the perfect scapegoat to explain away who had taken her.

This is a theory only and only my opinion.

Wow, Scandi. Welcome back. You've been busy over at the other forum, haven't you. This is an interesting post, and I could definitely see it happening this way.

Wow, Scandi. Welcome back. You've been busy over at the other forum, haven't you. This is an interesting post, and I could definitely see it happening this way.

Hi CaliKid, Good to see you ;} Yes, I have been really busy over there and do a lot of researching on links and trying to solve the puzzle. That's what it is all about, to solve that puzzle, and we certainly have one being put together in this case. At least we have been given a lot more info than you and I have seen in other cases where we feel starved and our tongues start to drag on the floor lol But we always want to learn more, right?

You have the basics of the case down quite well. The couple at Sagres on the beach that were seen photographing children, they were ruled out as suspects by the PJ, or local police force in the Algarve.

One of the first things that was done was LE in England sent all the info they had to the PJ regarding the pedophalia linkage that they knew was there. It is a stronghold for these men, in fact a short time before she went missing, 150 pedo's from England were approved for their vacations, and left for the beaches of the Mediterranian, naming Portugal in particular. From The area of that south coast of Portugal and including the Canary and other islands out in the Atlantic and over to Marbella in Spain and up to Seville it is an area where they live. They have had two big busts in Europe since May 3rd in Europe of these men, and I hope for all of them to be routed out completely.

I am sure you read today that @ SOS Madeleine Mr Levy gave a new tip today that the mileage was off kilt when Mr Murat returned his rental. His source is from someone close to the PJ. And we also had a hot tip from another local poster saying the auto Murat rented was a small white van, and not what has been stated so far in the press.

Well, time to get ready for tomorrow, but will see you again tomorrow night!

xoxoxox Scandi

Phew! Thank goodness this has got back to Websleuths and not Web moraljudges....

Having looked at some of the evidence on the website, I decided to make a list to see if, as I wrote the information down, any ideas would become clearer. Not exactly comprehensive - just thoughts

A local paedophile:
Pros
Would know the local area – that this holiday camp would be bursting with children. Could take her away and hide her quickly. Would know the immediate area well.
Could have also had a car nearby. If so she may be still locally.

The police search was not door-to-door and not comprehensive, according to press reports – it’s only a small police station and it appears that the police didn’t exactly jump to it.

The McCann’s keep stating the police are ‘doing a good job’. That’s sometimes press-speak for ‘They don’t seem to have a clue - but we are not in a position to criticise’.

There don’t seem to be any press reports of all the local paedophiles being interviewed – but then do the Portuguese keep up-to-date records? . It’s also a transitory population, including the waiters, etc at the complex. Were all employees they all checked?

Possibility of remote farms etc in the area, which have not been searched Also the police don’t seem to have used a huge amount of manpower to scour the area or do inch-by-inch searches as the British police do. At least this has not been pictured.

British holiday makers saying that their flats were still not searched weeks after the disappearance. If true, then may others may not have been searched, so there would have been plenty of time to cover up as unlikely the police would search all suitcases etc..

Cons
Was it chance or was it planned? If planned, the person responsible would have needed to keep watch. Therefore likely to have been noticed by someone. With a £3m reward at stake – why hasn’t someone come forward - unless the person was working alone?

Paedophile gang
Pros
I believe that Mrs McCann was convinced that this is what had happened to Madeleine. I think that is why she carried the Cuddle Cat around with her.

…A gang may have kept Madeleine amused by letting her watch TV. Mrs McCann may have carried the cat as a sign as, if her child was watching foreign language TV, it would have been a message to say that we are searching for you.

It would be possible to plan in advance, with local knowledge, working in a team.
They would know that they would have 20-30mins in which to take her but they could not guarantee access to the room.

As the police did not mount roadblocks, could have easily got away. Several sightings in other countries. Almost impossible to follow each one up - checking a 'service station sighting ' hours after the party has left for instance.

Cons
If they just wanted any child, it would have been a lot easier to steal a working class child out playing, as their disappearance would be less likely to be reported immediately. It would have been a risky option as it was in a complex, with potential witnesses..
With a £3m reward at stake – why hasn’t someone come forward as there is usually one person who would like the money involved with a gang.

Robert Murat
Pros
Involved himself in the investigation and reported by a British journalist as being suspect – not a Portuguese. If the evidence of the McCann’s friends is to be believed, was on the scene shortly afterwards.
Lives nearby and an alibi from a mother is not the best.

Cons
Doesn’t seem to have any history of paedophile activities.. Ex- wife says he’s just very helpful. No DNA evidence at his mother’s house or in his car, as the police would have charged him if any was found. Do the phone calls place him at his mother’s house or is it just an area that is located when a call is made?

…..The recent British case of the Ipswich murders… where an innocent man was almost judged in the press to be the murderer – even the stories of: ‘I always knew his eyes were too close together’etc etc’ printed - before someone else was arrested, is an example of close … but entirely wrong.

The Mc Canns
Pros
May have been accidental. Behaviour after Madeleine went missing has been stated as being odd. Times seem to vary.

Cons
It would be natural of a shocked Mrs McCann to run to get the friends to search if she believed Madeleine had wandered off.

There seems to be a discussion over the time elapse between the parents returning to check the children – 20m, 30m etc but it is likely that they didn’t check by the clock– just when they thought it was time to. Therefore they may not know exact times.
Difficulty in getting all friends to cover up.
Difficulty in disposing the body.

Excellent list.:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads