Laurean in Mexico

So the coward told people he would flee to Mexico and the base didn't consider this a flight risk? What was so scared of? I thought he said he never touched Maria..so what's the problem? :rolleyes: I personally think just for Christina to wait the few hours she did before contacting the base with his stupid note should be enough to put her in jail too...She hindered finding him by giving him those hours.

Bet the military is scrabbling on what next to say. Now how do we cover this up...:mad:

Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie
So the coward told people he would flee to Mexico and the base didn't consider this a flight risk?

That ought be the question of the year.

This is where I think the Marines went seriously off-track or are now spinning to cover their behinds:

On Monday, December 17, 2007, LCpl Lauterbach failed to report to work. Her leadership begins to inquire as to her whereabouts by calling her cell phone. <snip - minimal investigation> There is an elevated concern for her welfare because of the advanced stage of pregnancy. The command requests permission to list LCpl Lauterbach as a deserter in order to release a DD553 to apprehend her. This was an extraordinary step taken in hope of having her returned so the command could ensure she was receiving the proper medical care. Basically, with a DD553, federal resources could be used to assist in locating her.

Now I'm seriously wondering if they issued the DD553 because of their "elevated concern" for Maria, or if they were breaking open the champaign bottles and celebrating that the "bioch" is finally gone! Because instead of bringing federal resources in to assist, the very next day they make a determination that she's UA. After that they promptly do absolutely nothing until forced, kicking and screaming, to become involved on Jan. 9th.

On Tuesday, December 18, 2007, the section OIC calls LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother to notify her of her daughter’s absence. Mother states she spoke to Sgt Durham on December 14th, at which time he notified her of LCpl Lauterbach’s absence. Mother also states she last spoke to her daughter on December 14th. The section OIC asks Mother about LCpl Lauterbach’s whereabouts and possible reasons for leaving. Mother stated she didn’t know where she was and didn’t have reasons why she may have left. Mother files a Missing Persons Report locally in Ohio. Command receives information regarding the MPR on December 27th.

Command determines LCpl Lauterbach has voluntarily placed herself in an Unauthorized Absence status. The determination is based on the note left behind and some personal items taken to include her car.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2321610/

Should Laurean be apprehended in Mexico, Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson would have to submit the case and evidence to Mexican authorities before they would extradite him.

"It's very difficult, because, as you know, this is still an ongoing investigation," Hudson said. "There are more questions than answers, as you know. There are more twists and turns in this case than there are roller coasters at the State Fair."

Hudson and military prosecutors at Camp Lejeune would also have to ensure Laurean would not face the death penalty before Mexican authorities agree to extradite him.

"I'm very opposed to that. This murder occurred in Onslow County," he said. "We have laws in our state and why another country could tell me what the results should be in this case, it's not something that I like."

I have 2 comments on this case.

1. It was stated per the letter that Cesar left that his wife found, that Maria came to his house to ask for money, If that is the case why was he using her atm card to withdraw money from her account and I believe he was able to get her pin number the day he admitted being with her when she withdrew $700.00 and then went to buy the bus ticket to El Paso Tx he could have looked over her shoulder while she withdrew the money.

2. If it is true that on Thurs Jan 10th while on the way to the attorneys office that he started to confide in his wife what had happened to Maria and she was now dead and buried in their backyard, Why in the world would the wife feel so comftorable that she could go to bed and sleep, without knowing that he may decide to kill their child, her and himself. I think she was sitting with him while he wrote the note, That she supposidly found the next morning. For all we know he came home from the Attorney appt he wrote the note and said goodbye to his child and wife and headed out that night, then she slept before calling the base and telling them what she knows.

JMHO

KIMMER

1. It was stated per the letter that Cesar left that his wife found, that Maria came to his house to ask for money, If that is the case why was he using her atm card to withdraw money from her account and I believe he was able to get her pin number the day he admitted being with her when she withdrew $700.00 and then went to buy the bus ticket to El Paso Tx he could have looked over her shoulder while she withdrew the money.

2. If it is true that on Thurs Jan 10th while on the way to the attorneys office that he started to confide in his wife what had happened to Maria and she was now dead and buried in their backyard, Why in the world would the wife feel so comftorable that she could go to bed and sleep, without knowing that he may decide to kill their child, her and himself. I think she was sitting with him while he wrote the note, That she supposidly found the next morning. For all we know he came home from the Attorney appt he wrote the note and said goodbye to his child and wife and headed out that night, then she slept before calling the base and telling them what she knows.
JMHO

KIMMER

The only thing is, if she remembers correctly, the neighbor's wife saw him outside with the dog at 6:30 AM on Jan 11th. :confused:

That is a huge IF tho. Witnesses can be mistaken about such dates. They are dealing with a trauma, too. Not every day is a body buried in your neighbor's yard and the shovel to dig the grave could be your own. This would be a very stressful, I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmer

JMHO

KIMMER

--->>>Well, Kimmer I am thinking that IF wife was sleeping peacefully, the neighbors doggie wasn't. The husband of the neighbors wife, said that his wife took the dog out for a walk same time each morning. THAT was when the nw saw and his wife talking outside.

Someone correct me IF I dis remember, was the nw gonna walk the dog, or just let the dog OUT to do its business??

Walking the dog same time each day has solved a lot of cases. The dog walker sees stuff at early hours and late evening walks. IF dogs could talk would be helpful too. AKA OJ Simpson barking dog etc.

That is a huge IF tho. Witnesses can be mistaken about such dates. They are dealing with a trauma, too. Not every day is a body buried in your neighbor's yard and the shovel to dig the grave could be your own. This would be a very stressful, I would think.
See if you think it's still a "huge IF" after you watch the interview (entitled "Speaking Out") with the neighbor (link below).

01/11/08 Alander's wife saw Cesar in his driveway, getting ready to leave in his truck at @ 6:30 a.m. when she took her dogs for a walk.

Walking the dogs at 6:30 a.m. is part of her everyday schedule, and on school days (as Friday 01/11 was), she wakes up her daughter when she returns from the walk so the daughter can get ready and catch the school bus on time.

Alander was emphatic about the time, specifying it was 6:30 a.m. and not 4:00 a.m. "as some have said").

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

This is BIG Kimmer, I hadn't even thought about that but you are right! Seems as if she didn't need any money from him. I think, and will until it's proven differently, that she was abducted by both and Christina.

I think he is in Mexico now.

Our posts are off by an hour or so with any time differences where we live at.

Laurean has family in Mexico, but he also has family in Nevada. IMO, I believe this man told his friends that he would take off to Mexico so that it would get back to LE. I think Laurean is in Las Vegas, a person could get lost in that city for a long time.

Fran, I live near San Diego and I keep looking for him. lol He could be anywhere...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/21/missing.marine/index.html
(CNN) -- Suspected killer Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean is most likely in Mexico, authorities said, and the prosecutor said he has agreed not to seek the death penalty if Laurean is arrested in that country.

Well, it's not like we didn't see this coming! These other countries need to keep their noses out of our business. :behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back