Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason we don't know more about the dog is because of the pathetic reporting of this story by the local media. How could you initially see a report about a dog and not want to know more? People who go into journalism have to be the most non-curious people in the world.

It used to not be this way. I think the investigative part of journalism has been hurt by the recent high profile cases, where journalists flat out lied to create a story that wasn't a story to begin with. It seems to me that reporters now are glorified typists, only report on exact quotes given, and don't ask questions. How many of us have been frustrated over pressers, because the reporters present don't ask the obvious questions, or for clarification when facts given don't make sense?

Very interesting info about the dog. It very well could have been the catalyst to the murders.

The reason we don't know more about the dog is because of the pathetic reporting of this story by the local media. How could you initially see a report about a dog and not want to know more? People who go into journalism have to be the most non-curious people in the world.

LOL Albert, I totally agree.

I agree. We would of heard of other violent crimes in the area but there apparently are not any obvious related crimes that we know of. This is an isolated incident and the girls were the intended target. It was them who had to be silenced. This tells me that they were going to tell on someone for something.

I think that violent offenders can appear anywhere at anytime.....even in Mayberry USA settings. There are no boundaries that keep these creeps out of infiltrating a serene place.

I am really beginning to think these crimes are as senseless as they look. That is why OSBI is struggling to find them because perpetrators that are not attached to the victims in any manner are much harder to find. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack and that is why OSBI is meticulously going through all of their hundreds of leads.

Just got an email back giving me two reporters/editors to email, so I emailed both of them.

Wow that was a quick response..now hopefully the reporters will respond just as quick.

Thank you Kahskye!

Here's our answer! :) Just received this from staff writer, Johnny Johnson:

If memory serves, the dog may have been a Chihuahua
The dog was found the next morning by law enforcing I believe somewhere near the bridge ... the dog had not been shot to my knowledge.
There are several dogs at the family's home.

jj

Now, you're ready!
Johnny Johnson
Staff Writer
The Oklahoma Publishing Co
9000 N Broadway
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
jjjohnson@oklahoman.com
http://www.newsok.comtel: 405 475-3465

fax: 405 475-3183

toll free: 800 375-NEWS

Well, I stand by my theory, especially knowing it was a chihuahua. They are unique dogs, and I can see an ugly situation escalating over the dog.

The dog was "found"? Was it deceased?

I just emailed him back to ask that. I assumed it was alive, but ya never know. From what I've read, Taylor was very fond of that little dog. Someone might have tried to grab it to bribe her. I read where they traced the dog's print to the bridge and back. I wonder just how well they looked to see if the dog made a turn back to the bridge. The gunfire might have scared him/her.

I want to know if the dog was dead or alive too. You'd think the dog would stay near the girls and where they were..you know how protective they are...even chihuahuas.

my theory was, at the 1st shot the dog would have retreated into the underbrush & kept on running from repeated gunfire. he would be almost instantly hidden from the shooter. i think even a hunting dog would run from sudden shots like that...... with all the subsequent activity in the area, he hid out for a while.

when there was no further mention of the dog, i thought he may have been shot or taken by the bad guy & officials were keeping it hushed as another means to connect him with the crime. that's why i didn't bring it up here for a while.

I want to know if the dog was dead or alive too. You'd think the dog would stay near the girls and where they were..you know how protective they are...even chihuahuas.

Just got an email, the dog was alive.

The motive has to do with the dog. Something happened between the girls and the creep, and it was about the dog. I believe that with all my heart and soul.

My dogs have run out into the road before and almost gotten run over and I have had people yell at me. I live out in the country and people are often going too fast on the road and once, when my puppy (that I was chasing because it got out of the yard) ran into the road in front of the truck, the driver totally had a meltdown, not that I blame him. I was panicked also.

(There are no bad dogs, just bad pet owners.) :)

Here's our answer! :) Just received this from staff writer, Johnny Johnson:

If memory serves, the dog may have been a Chihuahua
The dog was found the next morning by law enforcing I believe somewhere near the bridge ... the dog had not been shot to my knowledge.
There are several dogs at the family's home.

jj

Now, you're ready!
Johnny Johnson

Staff Writer
The Oklahoma Publishing Co

jjjohnson@oklahoman.com
http://www.newsok.comtel: 405 475-3465

fax: 405 475-3183

toll free: 800 375-NEWS

Seeeeeee. :D :D :D :blowkiss:

The motive has to do with the dog. Something happened between the girls and the creep, and it was about the dog. I believe that with all my heart and soul.

I do too and I think the encounter first started at the bridge and caused the girls to turn and come home. I wonder if Taylor went to reach for her phone before getting shot? Did it say if it was in her pocket, or next to her? Someone wanted to keep these girls quiet about something, and that's exactly what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste