Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quickest way to get to the scene would depend on where you are coming from. If coming from Okemah, it would probably be the south entrance off of 75. If coming from Henryetta, it would probably be from Bryant Road. If coming from Weleetka, it would probably be coming from the south.
I think it would be a good idea for everyone to go to mapquest, then to Bryant, then to the scene and look at the arial view in able to get a real FEEL of the layout and the roads used.

IIRC the tower directed the call to Henryetta, Okmulgee County dispatcher is who handles where all the 911 calls went. And I heard, and we have seen it posted on here, that Okmulgee County was the first to arrive on the scene. I am trusting this information, but I cant prove it to be factual, just that the source is close" in the know", and wouldnt lie. Now whether or not Weleetka police actually got there first, I am a little confused about, but can find out. I will work on this, but it may take til Monday to get the calls thru.

I guess it would depend on where Joe lives and which would be the shortest route between his house and the Plackers.

snipped quote
If Joe Mosher did see the girls at 5:00 pm I do not think it would be any big secret.
I agree Busy.

In this Video taken on 6-16-08 Mr. Rosser says the girls left the house around 4:30 PM.

In the first part of the Video, Manny Gamallo from TulsWorld says the LE are not releasing the name of the person who gave them the POI identification, or accounting of what they saw.

IMO, if it had been Joe Mosher who gave this report it wouldn't have been a big secret as he was seen on several Video interviews after the crime and wasn't hiding from the media.
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=1503265&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b0c12f2749

Frog, maybe Joe was or was not there right when Vicky made the call. But if he's not telling the media he was there, perhaps they called him for his reaction after 911 tape was released so he said what he said to the reporter. And perhaps he was truly sickened/shocked again when he heard it from tape.

And that was one of the reasonse they released the tape, yes? Hoping someone with a conscious would hear and come forward?

Not saying he was directly involved but...

Sigh, I need a break. I thought I was doing ok, relating things that run across my mind, questions in my mind. But it appears that people think I am pointing fingers.
I guess I just dont know how to post. I am better to go back and just read. But I do want it known, that I dont have any clue to what happened, and when I post, I am just posting "What if's) which I thought I was being clear about.
I am confused, ipset, and apparently not writing what I am trying to write.... I guess.

I now have a local who can keep me in the know. I will ne near. Reading.

In the last, now locked thread FC had mentioned Crystal Kelough and Tavis Southern as possibably being married. I don't know if they've married since last year, but they did have a child together.

• February 9, 2007

SouthCrest Hospital
    Shawna Dicus, boy.
    Jessica Stamper and Brandon Huffman,
    boy.
    Hope and Tarrell Knauls, boy.
    Mollie and Darin Mann, girl.
    Danielle and Travis Powers, girl.
    Crystal Kelough and Tavis Southern, boy.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2007/Final/W_020907_a_15.PDF

Yeah, I seen her with that baby last summer. I didn't know who she was married to. Good job

Sigh, I need a break. I thought I was doing ok, relating things that run across my mind, questions in my mind. But it appears that people think I am pointing fingers.
I guess I just dont know how to post. I am better to go back and just read. But I do want it known, that I dont have any clue to what happened, and when I post, I am just posting "What if's) which I thought I was being clear about.
I am confused, ipset, and apparently not writing what I am trying to write.... I guess.

I now have a local who can keep me in the know. I will ne near. Reading.

Now Froggy...don't you be going back and hiding under that rock. We need your input!

SOMEONE did this to those little girls! It may just be someone we have pointed at :).

I did not take your post like you were pointing fingers Frog not at all. Please post your insight is needed. I enjoy your post

Ok I as re-reading this article interview by Joe.. interesting..
I was trying to read this ...I don't know like it was the first time I had seen it. Hoping I could read something with a different outlook I guess.

Posted by Miss Holmes
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66462

Trying to cope

Joe Mosher, an uncle of Taylor, said the two families are still trying to cope with the death of the two girls.

"It's pretty tough for them. We're still trying to find out what happened, because this is tragic — just so tragic," Mosher said. "From what information we've received so far, I got a call from North Carolina of all places, saying there was two guns involved and maybe three people.

"Both families are having a very hard time, really. The people in the community, especially, have done wonders. They have all pulled together and they're helping these families and we appreciate that so much. They are doing a great job of taking care of these families."

One of Taylor's thrills, Mosher said, was rescuing turtles that she found in the road near her home.

"She would take a black magic marker with her and write her name on them then turn them lose. She would rescue them off the highway, roads and such, and bring them out here and turn them loose," he said. "She loved it out here, she totally loved it out here. She loved animals, and had her own horse up here. She had dogs, cats; she loved animals. She was a very bright girl."

Mosher said Taylor had been home-schooled until she moved to Weleetka, where she attended Graham School, a system of about 100 students from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade.

"They moved from Oklahoma City to get away from the violence," he said. "The violence in Oklahoma City is just outrageous so they moved out here to get away from it. And now this happens."

Mosher said Taylor and Skyla were the best of friends, almost inseparable. Taylor would always talk about how Skyla was her best friend and the things they did together, he said.

"They loved each other. Usually, if you saw them out here, they were both together," Mosher said. "One weekend they would be at Taylor's house, the next weekend they would be at Skyla's house."

Mosher said the families have laid their trust in the hands of the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Department and the OSBI to find the killers.

"We all understand that there's only certain information they can release and it's best to release it all at once," he said. "They're doing a good job, and we appreciate that. I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest yet, but there will be. It might take a little bit but whoever it was, will be caught.

"It's just a really sad thing that this happened and they'll pay their dues; they will pay their dues. Everybody asks if I want to hurt these people. No, I don't want to hurt these people. The people in prison will hurt these people. When these people are caught and they go to prison, that's the end of it. They will pay their dues in prison."

'Sad situation'

Mosher said he believes the killers are from the area because the location was in such a remote area and only someone who lived near Weleetka or in Okfuskee County would know about it.

"It had to have been somebody from this area. Nobody is going to come off the freeway or highway and find this area and be able to get out of here quickly. I think it's somebody in the community who did it and I really feel sorry for them, not only for what they've done to our families, but what they've done to the community," he said. "This community is in shock; they don't know what to think. They don't let their children out by themselves now. At nighttime, you're not going to find a child; everybody is locking their doors at night now. It's a sad situation."

Mosher hopes that once the suspects in the girls' murders are caught, the families and the community might be able to heal. But things will never be the same again, he said.

"It'll take a while. If they get caught today, it's not going to go back tomorrow to the way it used to be. It will never be exactly like it used to be, because people see that this type of crime can happen out here," he said.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824

I was trying to read this ...I don't know like it was the first time I had seen it. Hoping I could read something with a different outlook I guess.

Posted by Miss Holmes
http://wwhttp://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2008/200806_A1_20080612_WELEETKA0612p4_package.jpgw.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66462http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66462

Trying to cope

Joe Mosher, an uncle of Taylor, said the two families are still trying to cope with the death of the two girls.

"It's pretty tough for them. We're still trying to find out what happened, because this is tragic — just so tragic," Mosher said. "From what information we've received so far, I got a call from North Carolina of all places, saying there was two guns involved and maybe three people.

"Both families are having a very hard time, really. The people in the community, especially, have done wonders. They have all pulled together and they're helping these families and we appreciate that so much. They are doing a great job of taking care of these families."

One of Taylor's thrills, Mosher said, was rescuing turtles that she found in the road near her home.

"She would take a black magic marker with her and write her name on them then turn them lose. She would rescue them off the highway, roads and such, and bring them out here and turn them loose," he said. "She loved it out here, she totally loved it out here. She loved animals, and had her own horse up here. She had dogs, cats; she loved animals. She was a very bright girl."

Mosher said Taylor had been home-schooled until she moved to Weleetka, where she attended Graham School, a system of about 100 students from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade.

"They moved from Oklahoma City to get away from the violence," he said. "The violence in Oklahoma City is just outrageous so they moved out here to get away from it. And now this happens."

Mosher said Taylor and Skyla were the best of friends, almost inseparable. Taylor would always talk about how Skyla was her best friend and the things they did together, he said.

"They loved each other. Usually, if you saw them out here, they were both together," Mosher said. "One weekend they would be at Taylor's house, the next weekend they would be at Skyla's house."

Mosher said the families have laid their trust in the hands of the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Department and the OSBI to find the killers.

"We all understand that there's only certain information they can release and it's best to release it all at once," he said. "They're doing a good job, and we appreciate that. I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest yet, but there will be. It might take a little bit but whoever it was, will be caught.

"It's just a really sad thing that this happened and they'll pay their dues; they will pay their dues. Everybody asks if I want to hurt these people. No, I don't want to hurt these people. The people in prison will hurt these people. When these people are caught and they go to prison, that's the end of it. They will pay their dues in prison."

'Sad situation'

Mosher said he believes the killers are from the area because the location was in such a remote area and only someone who lived near Weleetka or in Okfuskee County would know about it.

"It had to have been somebody from this area. Nobody is going to come off the freeway or highway and find this area and be able to get out of here quickly. I think it's somebody in the community who did it and I really feel sorry for them, not only for what they've done to our families, but what they've done to the community," he said. "This community is in shock; they don't know what to think. They don't let their children out by themselves now. At nighttime, you're not going to find a child; everybody is locking their doors at night now. It's a sad situation."

Mosher hopes that once the suspects in the girls' murders are caught, the families and the community might be able to heal. But things will never be the same again, he said.

"It'll take a while. If they get caught today, it's not going to go back tomorrow to the way it used to be. It will never be exactly like it used to be, because people see that this type of crime can happen out here," he said.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824

GS, I do that, too. Re-reading something brings different insight.

Thank you SS, that's too bad. Still though, in agreement with you and Cloud, there HAS to be more to go on than a "white truck with OK plates."
Old truck, new truck, any identifying marks (rust, decals, bumper stickers, etc.). SOMETHING.

I thought I heard somewhere that it was a crew cab/extended cab, but I might be wrong.

Cheers!

In OK, the Department of Motor Vehicles Division doesn't work that way. There are no colors listed on the databases as they can be subject to change. You can only pull a vehicle up by the vehicle identification number, license plate number, or decal number.

That has always bothered me, too, Cloudajo. There is absolutely NO reason not to release the year of the truck! There are many things they could release to garner more information in this case. There is such a thing as playing a case far too close to the vest and losing valuable information as well as time. They lose the opportunity and advantage of memories when they wait only to release small, insignificant tid bits out to the public. It is a shame they can't see the larger picture and get tied into that mentality of LE being the only people who should know these things.

Great job, C2~ Thanks for risking your physical health by pigging out for us! LOL (Wish I could have joined you as it sounds delicious!) I can see Joe being angry, but it is odd to me that he would go there instead of to be with family at such a time. Makes me wonder if he wasn't there with some people from LE or something.

Thanks, Sheza! The artist did mention the description was compiled from several witnesses. So let me get this straight...they did lie detectors on them before providing the descriptions?!

Thank you SS, that's too bad. Still though, in agreement with you and Cloud, there HAS to be more to go on than a "white truck with OK plates."
Old truck, new truck, any identifying marks (rust, decals, bumper stickers, etc.). SOMETHING.

I thought I heard somewhere that it was a crew cab/extended cab, but I might be wrong.

Cheers!

I really think they are keeping it more generic on the truck because OSBI wants people to concentrate more on the POI than the white truck, which long ago could have been sunk in some lake somewhere, etc. Since they don't know the exact make and model.... by putting a year range out there would weigh them down with running down every white truck in OK. Ford and Chevy are as common as seeing the sky every morning and "white" is the color of most trucks on the road. They would be overwhelmed with calls on everyone that drove a white Ford or Chevy truck.

Imo, someone knows this POI very well and they also know he drives a white 150 style Ford or Chevy. They are either hiding him out and the truck or they are too scared to come forward.

I remember it took around 10-12 years before the woman that knew who had murdered Lita Sullivan to come forward. She was the girlfriend of the hit man paid by James Sullivan to murder Lita. The only reason she came forward then was because she was no longer with him.

I certainly hope that this will not be the case here and someone will speak up sooner than later.

imoo

The guy on another forum said this is what they did when they tested his gun today. He said they fired the weapon twice and kept the bullets and casings for comparison with the ones from the crime scene. He said he was present while they did this.

Let's see what we do know.
We know Joe was at the crime scene because he went out to eat after and told everyone.
We know Joe was the media contact for the Placker family.
We know ONE POI witness did not come foward until Wed (after the murders on Sun) and LE said he had a good "reason" was checked out and was credible.
We know the POI sketch was not released until AFTER the funerals on Friday.
We know Joe has a criminal history and has been involved in drugs, assaults and firearms violations. He did spend time in prison - as did Taylors OTHER Paschal Uncle Tony - who got out most recently in May 2008.

What is rumor but is being repeated by many people locally (and yes LE is aware of these allegations).
Joe was the Wed POI witness who saw the girls walking home minutes before they were killed.
Joe was at the Placker home when the girls were killed, but the Plackers (Peter and Vicky) were not.
We have no idea if Joe was out at the crime scene when the 911 call was being made. He could have been, but with Rose arriving, a small child at the scene and much confusion he might not have been standing right there when Vicky was on the telephone. They were 1/4 mile from the house at that time. There was a lot going on and as we know, we HAVE NOT heard all of the 911 tape and Peter also called but had "difficulty" with the connection. Maybe Vicky ran up (or down) the road with the phone until she got a good signal? She seemed to be yelling at SEVERAL people during the call, no way to know WHO she was talking to or where she was standing/running.

As to the playing of the 911 call NOBODY had heard the call until the day LE played it for the media. I am sure it did make Joe "ill" - he saw the scene, he had to be moved by the tape knowing what the situation was at the time and what Vicky and Peter were looking at. But it doesn't mean he wasn't present when the call was made initially. Joe was giving his reaction to HEARING the 911 tape for the 1st time, nobody asked him if he was there, or if he remembered the scene as the call was being made. Joe answered the question he was asked - and you'll note he did not elaborate at all - and until the call was released - nobody had ANY idea it was VICKY on the tape - uhmm, nobody ever ASKED Vicky if she was there either - and taadaa, turns out she WAS - along with a unidentified CHILD. Nobody has ever ASKED Joe Mosher if he was there (or when he got there) - at least not that has been made public....hmm.

I have a LIST of questions I wish SOMEBODY (Hello Nancy, Greta, et al) would ask Joe Mosher, Vicky, Peter and Rose. It'll never happen, but maybe it SHOULD.

My Opinion

The last time Greta talked about this case she appeared to be disgusted with it. I assume if she comes back to the case she will cover it like she covered the Natalie Holloway case, talking about the crime and the quality of the investigation. That really may be the next step where the focus is on the quality of the investigation, not the crime itself.

Regarding Rosser and the 911 call, it isn't that he lied, it's that he had the details wrong. Peter didn't call 911, Vickey did. Attempting to call 911 isn't calling 911. This is a detail.

No age on the white truck, again a detail.

The media thinks the girls left at 5pm, Rosser has stated 4:30, again a detail.

The POI story is so bad a lot of people don't think the POI is real. If you look at the details, the POI story doesn't make sense yet Rosser apparently doesn't get it. Is this just another detail he is oblivious to?

Aired June 11, 2008 - 21:00 ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0806/11/lkl.01.html
MOSHER: Taylor was a great little girl. She -- I was with her just two weeks ago. We had a family reunion. And she was just a great little girl. She loved animals. She had her -- she owned a horse. She rescued turtles off the highway and wrote her name on them and turned them loose out in the country. You know, there was just things -- and she was smart. She was very smart. She was home schooled at first and then she found that when she moved out there, she started going to the public school. And she was in the top of her class, you know.

KING: Boy.

Jessica, is there in guessing here as to motive?

BROWN: You know, we really do not know. We're looking at anything from a gang initiation to someone just these two girls happened upon, someone making methamphetamine to -- there's all sorts of things. We really don't know. If we had a motive, it would certainly help us. But right now, we have no eyewitnesses. No one even heard the gunshots, as Stacey Cameron was talking about.

So we really don't have much. We do -- we just released today -- now have the fact that we believe two different caliber weapons were used. So that gives us the idea that two people were involved in this. And that really can help us for the fact that one person might be able to come forward and say, hey, you know, this happened and, you know, I want to spill the beans, I want to give up what happened.

And we're hoping at least with the $25,000 reward that is up now, that that might entice some people to come forward who maybe didn't want to get involved before, but now the $25,000 is out there and that might help.

KING: Yes.

Posted by Miss Holmes
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66462

Trying to cope

'Sad situation'

Thank you for this link, GS. I DO think I read it this time with a different view of things.
This just all gets so confusing. And with LE making it more so..... well, you know.

The last time Greta talked about this case she appeared to be disgusted with it. I assume if she comes back to the case she will cover it like she covered the Natalie Holloway case, talking about the crime and the quality of the investigation. That really may be the next step where the focus is on the quality of the investigation, not the crime itself.

Regarding Rosser and the 911 call, it isn't that he lied, it's that he had the details wrong. Peter didn't call 911, Vickey did. Attempting to call 911 isn't calling 911. This is a detail.

No age on the white truck, again a detail.

The media thinks the girls left at 5pm, Rosser has stated 4:30, again a detail.

The POI story is so bad a lot of people don't think the POI is real. If you look at the details, the POI story doesn't make sense yet Rosser apparently doesn't get it. Is this just another detail he is oblivious to?

But questioning OSBI/Rosser doesn't get us one step closer to the facts. I want the facts, from the families who were THERE! Not Rosser, not the useless PR/Profiler Brown, the FAMILIES. It was THEIR children, they would have noticed things and at least they could possibly provide details we have questions about.

Rosser and Brown are TRAINED to divert questions and give non-answers in a way that SOUNDS like they are answering the questions, but they aren't doing anything but giving rote replies that they have already repeated (with different words) a dozen times in this case. I want Rosser interviewed AFTER we have some facts from the families - put him on the hot seat with 1st hand information from the families. Like I said, I have a list and once we have those answers, then I want somebody like Greta to have a go at Rosser on all the the non-answers and allowing incorrect ASSUMPTIONS to rule this case. I want to know WHO they have talked to and what they found out from them.

I GET that the families don't want their dirty laundry aired in public, but what is more important here, finding a killer or protecting the family members with less than stellar pasts from public attention - about stuff they OBVIOUSLY are guilty of. Once they have made a clean sweep it will give the press some leeway to go after some of the neighbors and other criminal types around the girls HARDER. It's like "well the family told us this...so what about your issues, tell us about how you are NOT possibly involved"?

And for heavens sake, somebody give us a profiler's take on what sort of person shoots a 13 year old girl in the mouth 3 times at close range and then leans down to shoot her in the crotch before he leaves?

I don't want to listen to Rosser and Brown prevaricate thru another interview - I want some hard questions they can't sqirm away from because the interviewer lacks all the facts and accepts clever diversions and non- answers becuase they have no facts to pin them down on.

Like I said...I HAVE QUESTIONS!!!!

My Opinion

Flowerchild: And for heavens sake, somebody give us a profiler's take on what sort of person shoots a 13 year old girl in the mouth 3 times at close range and then leans down to shoot her in the crotch before he leaves?

No kidden I really don't recall a case that has not had a profiler's take on it. You are so right. Why hasn't this been done or has it & the public has not been made aware once again....

Quote from FC: "And for heavens sake, somebody give us a profiler's take on what sort of person shoots a 13 year old girl in the mouth 3 times at close range and then leans down to shoot her in the crotch before he leaves?" End Quote

Taylor wasn't shot in the mouth according to the autopsy drawings. As far as facial shots, she was shot in the right cheek, the left chin area and above the lips on the left side. Still gross I admit, but not the same as someone putting a gun in someone's mouth and pulling the trigger three times. Also, how do you know someone kneeled down to shoot her in the groin? If they were far enough from the body, they wouldn't have to kneel down to shoot toward the ground and hit her groin area>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy