Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #107

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the transcript of a call between Casey and Lee on July 26th. I just discovered what I think is an interesting clue, which is the last line I have marked in bold.
Doesn't this sound as if Casey is implying that Zanaida, or whoever is being called Zanaida, might have worked at some kind of call center? Why would someone have different numbers, different area codes, at different times within the same day? Sounds like a Telemarketing gig.

CASEY: Um, the last number she called me from was a 954 number, which is a Fort Lauderdale number? I know because (NAME) number is also a similar area code. She has also called me from a 407 number, from a 321 number, there’s been different numbers, different times. Not necessarily on different days; but it just depended on the number that she had at the time

They did not say false claim you infered that. The family only said claim.

Yes I did infer it. The alternative is that they thought the claim was true - and that Casey is lying. So either they think Casey is lying or Jesse is lying - no?

think you have it, Paladine...least that's what I'm seeing too. They don't want any 'find the nut under the shell' games.

methinks L. Padilla didn't give his nephew 50,000 and somebody has called their hand. jmo of course.

I think the insurance company wants something more than 'floating papers'. again, jmo and I know chit about subject at hand. :p

This is from the transcript of a call between Casey and Lee on July 26th. I just discovered what I think is an interesting clue, which is the last line I have marked in bold.
Doesn't this sound as if Casey is implying that Zanaida, or whoever is being called Zanaida, might have worked at some kind of call center? Why would someone have different numbers, different area codes, at different times within the same day? Sounds like a Telemarketing gig.

CASEY: Um, the last number she called me from was a 954 number, which is a Fort Lauderdale number? I know because (NAME) number is also a similar area code. She has also called me from a 407 number, from a 321 number, there’s been different numbers, different times. Not necessarily on different days; but it just depended on the number that she had at the time

Yes it does sound that way.

And remember.... after letting Jesse think Caylee was HIS baby & he found out she wasn't, Casey's next story was that Jesus O. was the father.

When did Casey claim that Jesus O. was the father? I thought that story was just WS speculation.

think you have it, Paladine...least that's what I'm seeing too. They don't want any 'find the nut under the shell' games.

methinks L. Padilla didn't give his nephew 50,000 and somebody has called their hand. jmo of course.

I think the insurance company wants something more than 'floating papers'. again, jmo and I know chit about subject at hand. :p

Totally agree. Being related and working together i figured it would be a good faith type thing.

I'm just watching the repeat of Greta and in the beginning when she was reporting LE was back at the house today one of the reporters on scene asked the lead detective why he was there. The lead detective said "we swing by when there is something new to tell them."

Somehow I just don't believe this was about Casey being released.

And remember.... after letting Jesse think Caylee was HIS baby & he found out she wasn't, Casey's next story was that Jesus O. was the father.

Cindy definitely confirmed that when she said she was told Caylee's father died in a car accident.

That is incorrect information about JO. Casey or Cindy never said JO was the father. We on these forums thought that but it was never said by the Anthony family.

HI All! Did anyone read or hear something today about BH saying he was not going to question Casey? He was just going to provide the right atmosphere, etc? If so, how will he keep her parents from questioning her? Hmmm!

Don't have a link but I heard Padilla say he was personally putting up the original 50,000.

BUT, I think the Florida Bondsmans Insurance ALSO wants 50,000, now, hence the appeal of the Insurance Board, to waive that need.

Again, just my thoughts, my understanding.

Funny I should log on so suddenly, I just saw L Padilla say that on NG.

Yes I did infer it. The alternative is that they thought the claim was true - and that Casey is lying. So either they think Casey is lying or Jesse is lying - no?

I understand that to mean that they were not surprised that Casey would be talking to Jesse because he was a friend.

That is a very interesting point. I do remember that. At the time, I didn't give it much thought, but you could be right.

That is incorrect information about JO. Casey or Cindy never said JO was the father. We on these forums thought that but it was never said by the Anthony family.

It's amazing how quickly the rumors started here become known to some as fact, isn't it? LOL

Now that would be an interesting development, if it turned out that the $50,000 Leonard Padilla said he gave to his nephew was actually a transfer from someone else.

Is LP expecting to get that $50,000 back eventually?

You don't have to have an indictment first to charge someone with murder. The indictment can come later.

Once they are charged there would not be an indictment. Either the grand jury or the judge says there is enough evidence to hold them over for trial. In a case like this they will most likely go through a grand jury.

The Fifth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States states in part: "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger..."

In many (though not all) U.S. jurisdictions retaining the grand jury, prosecutors often have a choice between seeking an indictment from a grand jury, or filing a charging document directly with the court. Such a document is usually called an information, accusation, or complaint, to distinguish it from a grand jury indictment. To protect the suspect's due process rights in felony cases (where the suspect's interest in liberty is at stake), there is usually a preliminary hearing where a judge determines if there is probable cause that the charged crime was committed by the suspect in custody. If the judge finds such probable cause, he or she will bind or hold over the suspect for trial.
The substance of an indictment or other charging instrument is usually the same, regardless of the jurisdiction: it consists of a short and plain statement of the time, place and manner in which the defendant is alleged to have committed the offense. Each offense is usually set out in a separate count. Some indictments for complex crimes, particularly those involving conspiracy or numerous counts, can run to hundreds of pages, but many indictments, even for crimes as serious as murder, consist of a single sheet of paper.

Indictable offenses are normally tried by jury, unless the accused waives the right to a jury trial. The Sixth Amendment mandates the right of having a jury trial for any criminal offense punishable by imprisonment for more than six months. Notwithstanding the existence of the right to jury trial, the vast majority of criminal cases in the U.S. are resolved by the plea bargaining process.

Originally Posted by DazzlinDebSD
This is not about Caylee. It's all about Casey....... the media, BH, NG, Gretta, and the rest of the clowns out there for the ratings. Trust me, if Casey died tomorrow of natural causes in her jail cell the BH and the media would just walk away and forget about this child. That's the harsh reality of this case. Caylee will just be another missing child and the case will go cold.

Isn't that the problem with the media? They are SO easily manipulated & they are SO lazy... they rush to the shiniest bauble & ignore anything that doesn't have pizazz. Worse, they can rarely be bothered to do their homework.... they're in such a rush to go to print or on the air to repeat the same old tired news over & over.... they have endless opinions & a severe shortage of FACTS.

We see it in EVERY facet of the news..... they wouldn't pass a basic journalism class with the shoddy product they're handing in. :mad:

That said.... if Casey dropped dead tomorrow, I think LE would still work just as hard to solve this case & I think the media would still be interested in justice for Caylee.

But it does bother me that the focus is ONLY on one missing child whose mother couldn't care less & other missing children's parents couldn't get the media to pay attention to THEIR children if they swung from chandeliers.

It's amazing how quickly the rumors started here become known to some as fact, isn't it? LOL

Yes and its no wonder this case is so wierd as there is so much misinformation floating about. :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23