Don't think I can continue here if no Gen Discussion Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just close down the page and don't come back. I don't think you need to do anything particular. If you don't like it here, just don't open the page!

This forum is too confusing now. I want to remove my registration to websleuths. How may I do that?

I've never heard of a forum that has only a single thread. LOL I think THAT would make me crazy!

Yes that would, lol! But I meant, obviously, a general thread in addition to the other subtopics.

I agree too hard to keep up. I miss the General Discussion thread too! :(:(:(:(

Signed,
A General Discussion Thread Supporter

poco be nice :blowkiss:

Hey, I was being nice!!! I'm not trying to be mean, but no one is forcing anyone to sign on to here........ If anyone wants out, that seems to be a fairly simple solution to me.

It is hard to follow. Way too many threads, with the same info, and yet I'm trying to keep up and I get lost.. :crazy: Sometimes I want to post something but I'm afraid it was already posted, therefore I just read. :behindbar :crazy:

that too makes some sense.

My thing is what I am refering too , is that some of the policing of threads should be at a minimum. In many cases they are not changing the topic of a thread, they are just making a reference or point which has somewhat to do with a thread. So IMO, less moderation & redirection until it is absolutly needed to direct a few to another thread to discuss things. In my case there was only about 3 posts in a thread that had to do with another thread that started before. :waitasec: anyway hope that thought makes sense.

sorry to whine :boohoo: buts it is annoying that a few people whom you were making a point to, leave the thread to go to another. To me, thats enough to confuse people too.

I think Beagle1 was making a legitimate point. She doesn't just want to go away, she wants them to know why she's leaving. General discussion allowed you to bounce many different theories off of one another. I'm not on here 24 hours a day and that was how I kept up. One thread with 25 pages is alot faster to get through than 25 threads with 5 pages each.

As a noob, the general discussion threads gave me one place to participate in. Rather than read all 1029380980 pages of that one thread, I would peruse the last few pages to get a beat on what was being talked about and jump in.

I have been on message boards for quite sometime, and some very active ones. But none have been of this caliber and so hard to keep up with.
This forum is like none that I have ever been on as far as rules and what is acceptable and what isn't.

I can see the need to eliminate the GD threads, and noobs that don't really know what is acceptable and what isn't so that is creating a problem as well. But it does make me sad that we don't have them anymore because it was one place for me to get caught up through out the day. :(

If you see a topic that already has a thread, pm a mod and ask them to merge them. I also try and post in the new topic to let people know that there is already a topic started.

But I have no plans on going anywhere, this place is addicting!!! So despite the fact that there are things I don't understand or don't agree with- you're all stuck with me!! :)

I think it's much easier to keep up this way. Like olive said, if you log out for a few hours it was impossible to catch up on the GD threads. Now you can skip over the topics that don't interest you or that you have already discussed, and go to the topics you want to read about. Now I don't feel like I'm missing something constantly like I did before.

Don't think I can continue here if no Gen Discussion Thread...

As a newbie I must say the general discussion thread was quite nice...everyone seemed up to date...I was able to go back and forth and catch up in other threads and then head into general discussion.

It is the first thread I went to every time because I was able to get caught up on just about everything and get to see everyones ideas and opinions all at once..

I've never heard of a forum that has only a single thread. LOL I think THAT would make me crazy!

All of the forums I'm involved in have separate threads or topics. General discussion is generally used for general discussion like the weather, the fact that you may have broken a toenail, that kinda thing.

I find this easier: I have 10 tabs or so open on my browser, for each topic - I can go to each one, refresh, read the new stuff and move on. With the general discussion, I found I was reading the first page and then go to the last page.

Right clicking is your friend.

Personally I'm glad that Tricia removed the general threads. I found it hard to keep up. I loved the way we did it with the Peterson case. It was so much easier to just read what you were interested in, instead of wading through a HUGE thread! JMO though.

Well, what we talk about here IS general discussion. It's possible to mince everything down into an individual topic, but that certainly hurts the flow of conversation.
That said, I don't want to sit on a naughty chair, so I'll do my best to follow the rules.

The thing is all I've been doing this morning is using the search function to find duplicate threads and pm'ing Mods to combine them. I haven't had a chance to scan the net for any new news, or catch up here.

Why not create a thread, sticky it and call it mods please merge? Maybe that will help. That way everyone can contribute. Not just you doing all the work.

Without a general thread, its very hard to keep up since I spend the majority of my day at work (I'm sure my employer appreciates it though). I miss having the General Threads where I could pop in and catch up rather quickly :(

Mom of Five, congratulations, you just started one :)

LOL!!!!! Yup, we can call it the get it off your chest thread! Or I miss the general discussion thread.

nevermind

Now, which thread was I on before I came here to add my two sense worth or whining. :waitasec:

Not a complaint, but i agree its much harder to keep up with this way. Wish we could compromise :):blowkiss:

However, i will not be leaving because of it!

I agree with there being duplicate threads everywhere. And everyone seems to be starting a thread on every single thought they have.

There has to be some middle ground.

But I also wanted to add that "goodbye" threads are against the TOS. If you have a suggesstion or question, you should bring it directly to the Mods, instead of addressing the entire forum.

of course. I want my personal info such as dob and email address deleted however.

go to user cp and take it all out. You can also choose to not make that public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member