Sightings/ Tips -Caylee Lookalikes

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The father who spoke on NG last night lives near me and it is about 30 to 40 miles from the Anthony's home.

In fact, both sightings mentioned as being in FL happened near me. I am leaving out their names but you can find them in the transcripts and news stories. There was the one the other day where the parents said their home was stormed around midnight. News Channel 13 ran a story on that one and stated the incident happened on Aug 15th. Someone here wrote to Ch13 to verify that date but I haven't seen that they replied (did they?).
Nancy Grace did state that both incidents in FL happened within the last couple days. WFTV did not place a date of incident in their story.

The second incident in FL was the guy on Nancy Grace last night. He'd been at a gas station and a woman tried to engage his daughter in conversation. After he got home, Volusia County Sheriff's dept arrived.

I'm curious about the exact dates of these two incidents .

That was me and no they have not replied. I wish we could verify the dates though.

They announced they believe they are no longer looking for a missing person. The scheduled searches are for a dead body.

But, they STILL have to follow up on tips.

I understand the need to follow up on tips, BUT why was it done with such excessivness. FIVE officers and in the middle of the night (which I would think would be for the element of surprise)????? Can you imagine how frightened that little girl was. If they were just checking the tip out for protocol or whatever then why not do it during the day, with one or two officers present?

The only reason I can think of is LE must still think Caylee is alive. Seems to me that taking five officers shows that they were ready for a fight or some kind of struggle.

I understand the need to follow up on tips, BUT why was it done with such excessivness. FIVE officers and in the middle of the night (which I would think would be for the element of surprise)????? Can you imagine how frightened that little girl was. If they were just checking the tip out for protocol or whatever then why not do it during the day, with one or two officers present?

The only reason I can think of is LE must still think Caylee is alive. Seems to me that taking five officers shows that they were ready for a fight or some kind of struggle.

I agree

Originally Posted by What'sThatClue
I routinely view the daily activity reports on the Volusia County Sheriff's website and I did not see any report made of anything even similar to this. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it's just that I find it strange that I don't remember seeing anything. I view those reports every single day. Hmmm.

That is pretty odd.. But I doubt that Nancy Grace makes this up! Do you think they were trying to keep it quiet

It could be that VCSO does not make these types of 'house calls' public.
I know that when there's a person Baker-acted they do post the incident but not identities. Same with missing kids.

But maybe since this involved possibly innocent people it wasn't posted as public info? I'm just guessing. I should ask my daughter-in-law--she works in dispatch. But she works such odd hours I never know when to call her.

I'm going to keep looking for dates tho.

The forensics are WAY too compelling. They know she's dead (the so announced, in fact), and they know who did it. They are just getting their ducks in a row.

Officially this is a missing child case.

I am sure they have results besides what we know about. They'd like to find Caylee. I know everyone here desperately wants that, too.

Irregardless though, I have total faith that unlike Trenton's case and Maddie's there will be justice this time.

They announced, about a month ago, that on the receipt of the trunk forensics, they are no longer looking for a missing child, and they believe KC was in the trunk, dead.

I wish it was otherwise.

I'm a nurse, and that's the ONLY body fluid that makes me want to gag.

I hear ya. Poop, diarrhea, vomit, whatever, give it to me, boogers, GROSSSSSS. Not a nurse though, just a mom who has had to deal with all of the above.

You're right.

How many sightings of Maddie???

I remember there were sightings of Trenton Duckett, too. The outcome for a case like this usually isn't good.

:(

Any highly publicized case is gonna engender a ton of "sightings." Especially a child case. I thnk it's because everyone wants to help and WISHES it so. What the mind seeks, the eye finds.

I'll see that hand and raise you, one. I think they'd check "tips" even if they had the body, if there was a strategic reason not to reveal that information, at that time.

I agree with you 100% Brini! BTW, I do enjoy reading your posts!

Repost from another thread for those who haven't seen the "look-alike Caylee".
CayleelookAlike.jpg

I must be blind. :( This STILL looks like Caylee to me -- or would if the pic of Caylee weren't right there for comparison.

The forensics are WAY too compelling. They know she's dead (the so announced, in fact), and they know who did it. They are just getting their ducks in a row.

With all due respect that still doesn't answer my question of why it took five officers to go into someones home to prove a child they already believe to be deceased did not live there.

I must be blind. :( This STILL looks like Caylee to me -- or would if the pic of Caylee weren't right there for comparison.

They look nothing alike to me. I guess each person will have a different view.

I think its the nose (minus the boogies....LOL) that look a like. But Caylee's face is rounder and the other one's face is longer.

With all due respect that still doesn't answer my question of why it took five officers to go into someones home to prove a child they already believe to be deceased did not live there.

That question may not HAVE and answer, that makes sense to us.

The cops are clearly trying to impress folks that they ARE doing their jobs. So, they go in like gangbusters, once in a while.

I hear ya. Poop, diarrhea, vomit, whatever, give it to me, boogers, GROSSSSSS. Not a nurse though, just a mom who has had to deal with all of the above.

Yep! With little kids, you get all of 'em at the same time!

To shut people up who are whining about CA's "tips."

Officially this is a missing child case.

I am sure they have results besides what we know about. They'd like to find Caylee. I know everyone here desperately wants that, too.

Irregardless though, I have total faith that unlike Trenton's case and Maddie's there will be justice this time.

Yeah, I think so too!

And, I think they have a TON of stuff we don't know about. I think I can hear them sharpening their incisors, at the Cop Shop, even as I type this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966