2008.10.16 WFTV reports NEW witness list #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Ch9 is following up on the tip, credible or not, which is something CA has complained about over and over (that LE doesn't follow up on tips).

(and I mean my comment respectfully)

I don't think we can truly appreciate how many tips come into a line like that. How many are redundant. And how many are from nutjobs. There is not enough manhours available to follow 5000 tips without applying some sort of filter to it. With their experience and knowledge of the case they have to choose which tips to pursue.

Maybe they didn't contact this guy but it doesn't mean they didn't look into it. Maybe they already knew from her cellphone where she was on that day and it wasn't where he saw whatever/whomever he noticed coming out of the woods.

This applies to the tips Cindy says are not being followed up on. If they already know forensically that Caylee's body was in the trunk how much time are they suppose to spend chasing sitings in Texas and Puerto Rico (sitings reported to them by Cindy btw).

I witnessed a murder as did many other people--I didn't contact the police.
I thought with all the people who had seen the same thing that I did that they would have more than enough info to go on.

Well I felt bad which meant I kept thinking about what I had saw.

And I tell you I went over it and over it and started thinking that maybe I hadn't seen all that I thought I did and that maybe I thought I had seen what I had seen because it was what I wanted to see.

And it went on and on--I got to the point that all I knew for sure was that I was as confused as hell

About 1 month after the killing I went to the police department and told my story---nothing happened at all and I was mad--I felt like I put myself and my family in danger and these people couldn't be bothered

A few months later they arrested all the guys involved.

I guess what I'm trying to say is--not everyone wants to get involved--not everyone is sure what they seen means anything--people assume that others who saw the same thing will step up to the plate and they won't have to--they go over and over in their head the information they have and pick it apart till they convince themselves it was nothing and when they do go in to tell what they know they never know if something came of that info until they're needed to relay that info again

Did that really happen? :eek:

Did that really happen? :eek:

Yes

In the mid 90's in Massachusetts--A guy was mad his car stereo was stolen and brought a couple of friends for backup
The boy who was killed was a bystander,he died almost instantly

The person who he was with (the driver) joined WS to send a pm to Blink which she never responded to. Granted, we don't know anything about either person or their stories. It still doesn't mean they aren't telling the truth of seeing the car and a woman who looks like Casey. (May have been someone else and another white car out that day, too!)

I find it more credible because LE has concentrated on the area of the pings which adds something to their story now. The other woman who LE seems to deem credible also adds to their story. It is worth following and checking out, imo.

I find it very interesting what they both saw was on the same road about the same time of day. That can't be a coincidence.

Re: Mud Lake

At the end of the day on one of our searches I drove to it. It's super remote! And once you get off on one of the access roads it is very remote. I did not feel comfortable searching (as I was alone at that point) and so I did not get out of the car.

If someone saw Casey (or any slight female with a shovel) out here I would say it was really odd!

T

I agree. I was in that area the last time we were in Orlando looking at a piece of property and it is almost a spooky area. One of our friends there told us not to buy anything in that area because there had been some bodies found in that area dumped. They told us it was sort of like a dumping ground for drug dealers.

Is that true, Orlando residents?

Yes

In the mid 90's in Massachusetts--A guy was mad his car stereo was stolen and brought a couple of friends for backup

Unfortunately, witnesss testimony is sthe LEAST reliable evidence. People start thinking about what they saw and innocnetly distort it. If you look at all the cases that the Innocence Project has had overturned, most of them were convicted based on witness testimony. Circumstantial evidence is much more powerful and harder to overturn. If there was DNA of a decomposing Caylee in the trunk, that is much more powerful than someone who thought they saw Casey two months ago. Defense lawyers love to belittle circumstantial evidence, but it also includes blood, fingerprints, DNA, etc. So itis very very powerful. If decomposing Caylee was in the trunk of the car that was in Casey's possession, the defense would have to prove that SOMEONE ELSE had the same access that she had to the car during the same period of time.

Give me circumstantial evidence every time.

At the very end of the video of the new witness, Paul Kovach, the reporter sums it up by saying that the woman's sighting was reported by the media on October 2nd, and that her sighting was in the same time frame and same area.

I remember that at the time the media reported on the woman's sighting, she stated that it was sometime between June 21 and June 28.......sometime in that week's period, and she couldn't be more specific as to the exact date.
Thanks, Leila! :)

Yes

Why didn't the police interview you there when it happened?

Unfortunately, witnesss testimony is sthe LEAST reliable evidence. People start thinking about what they saw and innocnetly distort it. If you look at all the cases that the Innocence Project has had overturned, most of them were convicted based on witness testimony. Circumstantial evidence is much more powerful and harder to overturn. If there was DNA of a decomposing Caylee in the trunk, that is much more powerful than someone who thought they saw Casey two months ago. Defense lawyers love to belittle circumstantial evidence, but it also includes blood, fingerprints, DNA, etc. So itis very very powerful. If decomposing Caylee was in the trunk of the car that was in Casey's possession, the defense would have to prove that SOMEONE ELSE had the same access that she had to the car during the same period of time.

Give me circumstantial evidence every time.
While I do agree with you, my concern isn't putting Casey away right now as they have her where they want her...but finding Caylee. I don't care if Joe Blow, while drinking rum with one eye and a pirate patch that he stole at sea, places a woman resembling Casey in the area of the airport to narrow the search field, I would still check out his story. LOL :Banane38:

You would think if these guys were looking for scrap along the road they would be driving slow and the red sunglasses sure sounds like something KC would wear...

I have always wondered why did KC need to buy new sunglasses at Target? What happened to her old ones - did she lose them in the woods or something? hmmmm.....

While I do agree with you, my concern isn't putting Casey away right now as they have her where they want her...but finding Caylee. I don't care if Joe Blow while drinking rum with one eye and a pirate patch that he stole at sea places a woman resembling Casey in the area of the airport to narrow the search field, I would still check out his story. LOL

Maybe Joe the Plummer saw something? LOL!

Could it have been a windy day and she had to switch hats because one flew off? Does that fit?

I have always wondered why did KC need to buy new sunglasses at Target? What happened to her old ones - did she lose them in the woods or something? hmmmm.....

I don't know... she may have just wanted new ones... it seems like when Casey wanted something.. she went for it.

My parents now retired pick up aluminum cans for extra $. They don't have to but, use what they find to buy gas and have a few bucks as "fun money". I have went with them on them on roads much more crowded than this. They speed up and slow down and even drive in the grass on the sides of the road. One can notice a lot of things when driving in this manner.

As far as not disposing in the night. It is much easier to do things in the daytime here. If I pull my car over on the side of the road the police will search a vehicle more so at night because they consider that suspicious. In the daytime they think you may have car trouble or stopped to have a snack...etc.

Not that I am certain his report is credible.

All seem to be concentrating on areas just outside the airport.

Tim, LP, lady psychic with the dogs, cab driver, this man.....

Posted 9/4 in reference to Sawgrass Plantation

This is where they were searching today with the dogs.....

Driving Directions

Take 417 to exit 17 toward Boggy Creek Rd. Keep Right at the fork, follow signs for Boggy Creek Rd North and merge onto Boggy Creek Rd/SR-527A, Partial toll road. Turn Left onto Wetherbee Rd and Sawgrass Plantation is approximately 1/2 mile on left.

This story has now hit NG...on now!

Originally Posted by KR2tonenow
With respect to the witness. Kovac is it??, I do believe depending on when he reported this incident with police to believe of its autheticity. I have always believed that Casey was protecting someone, other than herself of course.

Hypothectically thinking could it be Tony? I have always suspected that Casey did get help with this...Even the lies. The 31 day void, was to put together an elaborate lie that wouldn't point fingers on anyone but Zani.

It would be good to see a composite sketch of the male seen fishing and watching traffic.

I brought over my post from NG thread, I think we need to press for a composite sketch of both individuals from that day Kovac witnessed them. Casey with the straw hat, and red glasses and the well dressed man.

Also, I would like to see if Cindy owned a big straw hat, and red sun glasses, or if these 2 products were perhaps purchased from any of the Targets, or other stores?

All seem to be concentrating on areas just outside the airport.

Tim, LP, lady psychic with the dogs, cab driver, this man.....

Posted 9/4 in reference to Sawgrass Plantation

Right, as soon as these witness sightings are placed: Tim Miller or other volunteers need to go in and search. Is that true that Tim Miller isn't back until 11/10?

Originally Posted by KR2tonenow
With respect to the witness. Kovac is it??, I do believe depending on when he reported this incident with police to believe of its autheticity. I have always believed that Casey was protecting someone, other than herself of course.

Hypothectically thinking could it be Tony? I have always suspected that Casey did get help with this...Even the lies. The 31 day void, was to put together an elaborate lie that wouldn't point fingers on anyone but Zani.

It would be good to see a composite sketch of the male seen fishing and watching traffic.

I brought over my post from NG thread, I think we need to press for a composite sketch of both individuals from that day Kovac witnessed them. Casey with the straw hat, and red glasses and the well dressed man.

Also, I would like to see if Cindy owned a big straw hat, and red sun glasses, or if these 2 products were perhaps purchased from any of the Targets, or other stores?

A big straw hat.........sounds like an older person. Big red sunglasses?? KC?

The woman said the girl had on jogging clothes wearing a ball cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper