Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee may have stopped by his own house and done the necessary computer work, who knows, but a possibility.

I agree, it's possible. IIRC, someone said earlier in this thread that LA's phone "pinged" in the Anthony neighborhood between midnight and 2am when he returned to the A's. Now I don't remember LA's phone pings being tracked, but I do recall it being said that the pings in that area from KC's phone could have been from the A's or from LA's home, which is nearby and uses the same tower. So LA could have gone home, or just stopped on the side of the street and done some "work"... or it could just as possibly pinged when he was on his way OUT to TL's. IDK, I just can't help but think LA is involved in the laptop being "compromised" and is lying about a lot of things. Dead horse, I know, since computer forensics already has all those questions answered. But innocent people don't lie, especially when a loved one is missing. It really irks me that LA's first instinct is to help KC, not Caylee.:mad:

If by chance the A's would refuse to testify, or plead the 5th, can't the officers who interviewed the A's be called to the stand to testify what the A's told them?

Yes, coupled with the early video interviews that would stand as their statements. The interviews where they are honest about the smell in the car and being worried about Caylee's welfare because of it. Not testifying really doesnt help them. Testifying just might keep LE from filing charges.

IMHo, LE understands it would be hard to get a jury to convict the grandparents after they lost thier granddaughter. Even the sleuths in here tend to grant them a lot of leeway and forgiveness given their loss. A jury would likely result in either aquittal or hung and mistrial with little likelyhood of retrial for them. LE does want to use the threat to try and keep them in line though. I'm sure their attorney has advised them of the possible outcomes and that they arent likely to really be prosecuted unless proved they participated in coverup of the body location. they would surely be prosecuted for that or given plea deal to testify. Juries dont like plea deals in most cases though. It taints testimony in thier minds.

He's definitely being proactive, going ahead and putting it out there. Possibly baiting LE, trying to see what comes back?

As they say "Calling The Kettle Black"??? :waitasec:
That sounds possible we shall all wait & see..... Unless he is pushing LE to give LA imunity? His way of letting them know that LA is ready to talk with them??? This case has sooooo many twist & turns. I've said it before & I'll say it again I feel like Blair from the movie "Exorcist"! :abnormal::abnormal:

Humen It was actually closer to 2 & 1/2 hrs. I believe he says in statements to LE that it was 2:35am that he returned. Plenty of time to mess with the laptop! I think it's a combination of the laptop, something he found her bags he picked, & possibly in the A's house that he hid. LA is in deep :curses: if u ask me...Of course MOO

From memory though before LE suspected something other then KC's kidnapping story that they picked up her cell from TL house. KC gave permission for them to get it & TL willingly allowed them in to get it. They didn't know the extent of KC's lie r they would have picked up her stuff before LA did. She told them that the nanny's # would be on it. LA then took it upon himself to pick up the laptop & her belongings. KC had plenty of time to tell LA before LE came to the house to go get them if he could. MOO

Humen It was actually closer to 2 & 1/2 hrs. I believe he says in statements to LE that it was 2:35am that he returned. Plenty of time to mess with the laptop! I think it's a combination of the laptop, something he found her bags he picked, & possibly in the A's house that he hid. LA is in deep :curses: if u ask me...Of course MOO

Thanks, Angel. ITA, he's is up to his eyeballs. LE probably has a thick notebook on him. Should be an interesting week...

Humen sorry I stand corrected I thought u were talking @ KC's cell not LA. :bang:

So that proves he went to his house & messed with the laptop! :crazy:

I thought this snip from a CNN video with Lee’s attorney is interesting. Here is a rough transcript of a reporter interviewing Luka regarding the potential Obstruction or Aiding and Abetting charge on a CNN program.

Reporter: I’m trying to make some sense and figure out what you are saying. His sister asked him to do something that he thought was an innocent request and maybe it wasn’t so innocent? That he threw something out and.......? Am I getting warmer?

Luka: Well actually you’re not. You’re very cold.

Reporter: Really???

Luka: ....He had talked to Casey several times in jail at law enforcements request. He has fully cooperated with police......

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=49276953

So I’m still stuck on my theory that the potential charges are about Lee’s and Jesse Gs early investigation and building that 31 day timeline of Casey’s activities. I think Jesse already knew Caylee was dead because he had helped in the coverup in some way. Jesse’s ultimate motive in building the timeline was to diminish his involvement with Casey by talking to people closest to Casey, before the police, to determine what they knew about HIM. Lee was a pawn. By listening/reading to the released transcripts of police interviews, it’s very evident it was Jesse, not Lee, who personally spoke with Amy, Tony, Ricardo, Troy and others. Jesse would have been able to leave black holes open at critical times they were together, if Casey had told no one. Casey kept her life between different group of friends so segmented that he got lucky IMO. She didn’t talk,and she’s not talking now.

Lee had no idea he was obstructing justice/ aiding and abetting a coverup, by helping to build that timeline. I do believe he thought he and Jesse were looking for a trail that would lead to finding Caylee alive somewhere.

IMO the whole purpose of the press conference about the “potential charges” is Lee’s lawyer and probably LE are playing a cat and mouse game.... with Jesse.

I already know many posters here don’t like this theory because it paints Lee in a more innocent light, but an internet forum wouldn’t be interesting if not for different points of view. Time will tell and I do believe the truth will eventually be known....whatever that may be because at this point we just don't know.

I'm at work and just scanning, but I wondered what the brouhaha was from LA's lawyer about "misappropriation of funds" and "possible misconduct or invovlements prior to this case". I was hoping you guys may have caught more of this and figured out what he was talking about. I just heard a snippet of it on HLN last night and nothing more, but it made it sound like LA was using somebody's $$ during his "legitimate parallel investigation that he was running on his own, parallel to LE"??? Is this lawyer one of those ambulance chasers...chasing before the ambulance has even been called?? Is there really something there, or is he just making sure LA thinks he needs to worry and therefore retain this guy??? I don't get it.

Humen sorry I stand corrected I thought u were talking @ KC's cell not LA. :bang:

So that proves he went to his house & messed with the laptop! :crazy:

Well Angel...I'm not totally convinced...I think I would be if I knew for a fact about LA's phone pings, but I just don't remember reading or hearing anything "official" about LA's phone pings being tracked. I just read that comment somewhere way back on this thread (I'll try to find it). It would make sense and I wouldn't put it past LA. But right when I think something makes sense with this case, it gets turned inside out and is the opposite! It's like working through a huge mouse maze, blind and deaf!

(snipped)
So I’m still stuck on my theory that the potential charges are about Lee’s and Jesse Gs early investigation and building that 31 day timeline of Casey’s activities. I think Jesse already knew Caylee was dead because he had helped in the coverup in some way. Jesse’s ultimate motive in building the timeline was to diminish his involvement with Casey by talking to people closest to Casey, before the police, to determine what they knew about HIM. Lee was a pawn. By listening/reading to the released transcripts of police interviews, it’s very evident it was Jesse, not Lee, who personally spoke with Amy, Tony, Ricardo, Troy and others. Jesse would have been able to leave black holes open at critical times they were together, if Casey had told no one. Casey kept her life between different group of friends so segmented that he got lucky IMO. She didn’t talk,and she’s not talking now.

Lee had no idea he was obstructing justice/ aiding and abetting a coverup, by helping to build that timeline. I do believe he thought he and Jesse were looking for a trail that would lead to finding Caylee alive somewhere.

IMO the whole purpose of the press conference about the “potential charges” is Lee’s lawyer and probably LE are playing a cat and mouse game.... with Jesse.

I already know many posters here don’t like this theory because it paints Lee in a more innocent light, but an internet forum wouldn’t be interesting if not for different points of view. Time will tell and I do believe the truth will eventually be known....whatever that may be because at this point we just don't know.

I don't like this theory because it throws JG under the bus for OJ charges when the only people being investigated for OJ are the Anthony's. There is no indication anywhere that JG has commited a crime or being investigated for one whatsoever. The A's on the other hand are being investigated.

And IIRC, the Anthony's are the ones who orchestrated a gathering of Casey's friends at their house to talk to them all. Also per the Anthony's, they've "reached out" to people that are witnesses in this case. Lee was the one doing an "investigation". Witness tampering comes to mind.

LA was at the boyfriends house for 2 hours deleting files, right? Then does the boyfriend know what LA was doing and why LA was doing it???? Just wondering...........
if someone I didn't know was in my home doing something like that for his sister, I would be asking allot of questions unless I KNEW WHY he was doing it!!!!IMO

TL appears to have cooperated with LE, we know he has been interviewed at least 4 times and even took a lie detector test. If Lee was at his house deleting stuff from a computer, following LE suddenly appearing to pick up his gf's phone, my guess would be LE knows exactly what he did.

Maybe that would explain all the nervous giggles coming from Lee, while he appeared to be cooperating fully and even offering up information before being asked. (like the email to Yuri following his 1st jail visit)

TL sounded pizzed in the text exchange with KC the morning before her arrest. I could just feel her whining when she was trying to get his sympathy about sitting in the patrol with handcuffs (getting used to that baby cakes?) and he wasn't biting. His answer sounded like "You lost your daughter, what you were expecting, a party?" When she wouldn't answer his questions, he stopped replying to her.

I don't like this theory because it throws JG under the bus for OJ charges when the only people being investigated for OJ are the Anthony's. There is no indication anywhere that JG has commited a crime or being investigated for one whatsoever. The A's on the other hand are being investigated.

And IIRC, the Anthony's are the ones who orchestrated a gathering of Casey's friends at their house to talk to them all. Also per the Anthony's, they've "reached out" to people that are witnesses in this case. Lee was the one doing an "investigation". Witness tampering comes to mind.

I thought that it was the A's who started putting together the time line? It sounded like Jesse had been helping them early on, he had been to their house several times. Texting with Amy after or near KC's release they are talking about getting together to help, just no longer doing it at the house.

The look on CA's face in the jail visit when KC says "I don't trust Jesse" is shock. She now starts thinking, "carp, he knows everything we're working on", but she didn't say anything to KC!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lee tell LE that he didn't get home from TL's the night of the 15th till 2AM? He picked up KC's phone that night at TL's and it pinged in the A's neighborhood at 11:55PM on the 15th. What was he doing for 2 hours....maybe sitting in his car deleting stuff from KC's computer or cellphone?

OK, my bad...it WAS KC's phone...and so if it pinged in the A's neighborhood at 11:55, it was because LE (not LA) had already picked it up from AL's house earlier and it was in their possession. Right? Sorry, I mis-remembered.:blushing:

He's definitely being proactive, going ahead and putting it out there. Possibly baiting LE, trying to see what comes back?

Is baiting LE the way to communicate with them when they are running a murder investigation?:waitasec:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lee tell LE that he didn't get home from TL's the night of the 15th till 2AM? He picked up KC's phone that night at TL's and it pinged in the A's neighborhood at 11:55PM on the 15th. What was he doing for 2 hours....maybe sitting in his car deleting stuff from KC's computer or cellphone?

Lee went to go pick up KC's phone, LE was there before him and had already taken it. Lee stayed and talked to TL and his roommate for a couple hours, when he left he brought the Laptop and KC's purse (minus Amy's checkbook) and her clothes.:bang:

No telling about the computer for sure but it raises a lot of questions, that I'm sure LE has the answers to.:rolleyes:

ca was also doing her own "investigation".....

I appreciate your thoughts. I don’t want to take this thread OT, but in reply I would say remember this case is nowhere near being solved and it could turn any direction before it goes to trial, or even during trial because Casey’s lips are sealed. She’s not confessed. We know LE has enough evidence to charge Casey with murder, but remember those charges were laid even before Caylee’s body was found.

There has been no information released at all to indicate what basis the prosecution will take this case to trial.......how it happened - how Caylee died, when she died, and how she was able to the coverup what she did.

Who is being investigated is what the media has led us to believe, and believe me all the defense attorneys are leaking tidbits through the media to give the perception their client is innocent. The LE are not required to keep the public up to date with their investigation, how could justice ever be served if they were. All they are required to do is reveal documentation and that's what has been released.

So it’s very unusual for Lee’s attorney to state his client “might” have pending charges. What would his motive be? On the surface it makes no sense why he would want to shed a negative light on his client. So I'm suggesting there's another reason and that's to make someone a little less comfortable in their portrayal of innocence. It's a cat and mouse game and it happens all the time. That’s why I think what I think, and I could be right or wrong.

But this pretrial posturing is what makes following a case intriguing.

This thread is awful long. Are we ready to start a part 2?

Well Angel...I'm not totally convinced...I think I would be if I knew for a fact about LA's phone pings, but I just don't remember reading or hearing anything "official" about LA's phone pings being tracked. I just read that comment somewhere way back on this thread (I'll try to find it). It would make sense and I wouldn't put it past LA. But right when I think something makes sense with this case, it gets turned inside out and is the opposite! It's like working through a huge mouse maze, blind and deaf!

ITA Humen :banghead::headache::Benny_monkeysmilies
I don't think I've seen LA's cell phone pings released to the media that is. Is that another missing doc.? That would be very telling as to he whereabouts after leaving TL's apt. If it wasn't released I'm sure LE had to get a supena for that just like they had to for his DNA & fingerprints too. That shows was/has been NOT coperative w/LE. Unlike what his lawyer is trying to say. LA is trying to hide something but LE is onto him. MOO As far as JG & TL they gave thier cell phones to LE to get info from & took poly's.

Why is everyone trying to do exactly what the A's have been doing all along taking blame & suspicion off of KC who was the last to be seen with Caylee? She was at blockbusters hrs. after leaving her house. I know LA has done something that he is worried about now that Caylee was found. That is probably why he was MIA for a while.....LE was watching him IMO.
If LA was sooo innocent why was he the one that had to be forced to give his DNA etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl