People Magazine - Caylee Anthony's Family Secrets

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't read it yet, so you could be right re: it doesn't "help" Caylee, but ya know, there is the US Constitution/Amendments and all, and folks do have a right to free speech...so as long as what's printed is the truth, no one can really do anything about it...

Not saying I think it's right, or that I'd do it (because I wouldn't) but I'm just a sayin...

That's all I'm saying. :confused:

Would someone please post a source for saying he was paid or that he sold his story? Not all folks who agree to speak with a tabliod require payment for their comments.
Thanks

Most of these 'folks' are witnesses, they shouldn't be talking to media anyway, paid or not.

While it's hard for us to track any media payments, I'm sure when the defense has all these prosecution witnesses on the stand I'm sure any "media payments" will be revealed at that time.....

JG will be back on TV again today (w/Dad & Lawyer) & 'new pic's' (I'm sure), I doubt he's flying around the country for nothing.....(plus he says in his interview he's been instructed by LE not to talk to media.)

btw...... I first said *if* it was CA's bro....I had already changed my mind, for one thing CA's bro woulda blabbed more 'family secrets'....

SNIPPED: "... In addition, it could be a friend or a neighbor who stated the part about CA berating GA in front of people.
..."
Shoot, as much as I hate it, I'd bet People could've gotten that type of info. from a store/checkout clerk at the supermarket. :doh:

Most of these 'folks' are witnesses, they shouldn't be talking to media anyway, paid or not.

While it's hard for us to track any media payments, I'm sure when the defense has all these prosecution witnesses on the stand I'm sure any "media payments" will be revealed at that time.....

JG will be back on TV again today (w/Dad & Lawyer) & 'new pic's' (I'm sure), I doubt he's flying around the country for nothing.....(plus he says in his interview he's been instructed by LE not to talk to media.)

btw...... I first said *if* it was CA's bro....I had already changed my mind, for one thing CA's bro woulda blabbed more 'family secrets'....

As a practicing attorney who has had to deal with this situation too many times, I wish these folks wouldn't talk to the media BUT unfortunately, there is no law that I'm aware of that prohibits it, there was a motion for a gag order (filed by SA, which JBaez opposed! :eek: ) and there IS a law protecting their right to free speech. So until any such law is passed, it will continue to happen.

You've posted this several times now in this thread. Where's the source? Link?
I am really interested to see where it's printed that a certain someone was paid anything for this interview.
Thanks

After reading the 'People" article , I have already stated, I think it's a 'pieced' together story & not from any one person.

Prolly one of the mags. employees pieced that story from info on the internet.

I didn't say he is the source and see no mention in that article of other sources. Whoever it is might be angry, but not so much so that they're willing to stand up and state their own name. I'm not impressed and I don't see any way whatsoever that this article helps Caylee.

Chilly, I didn't realize that it was about helping Caylee. I thought the purpose of People Magazine was to sell magazines. Help.......interesting. That was just never in my consideration for the knowledge that there was an article that was coming out.

I'm just glad I don't get an automatic subscription. I did however buy my new spring gardening magazine.

As a practicing attorney who has had to deal with this situation too many times, I wish these folks wouldn't talk to the media BUT unfortunately, there is no law that I'm aware of that prohibits it, there was a motion for a gag order (filed by SA, which JBaez opposed! :eek: ) and there IS a law protecting their right to free speech. So until any such law is passed, it will continue to happen.

OOPS !!.....Sorry about any of my lawyer jokes :blowkiss:

I think some WS'ers have found that the media is paying big bucks for 'rights' to pictures (rather than *paying* for interview) makes sense to me because many pics on the web are now marked 'property of'....

Yep, Baez is gonna love these 'blabbers' :(

I really do not give a flying fig whether GA and CA stay together or not. That is for them to decide. What I do care about is the murder and possible obstruction of said murder of Caylee Anthony. What they knew, when they knew it and what they did about it. Hopefully GA's time w/ a counselor can help him reconcile the facts and whether he knowingly cleaned out the car filled with evidence of his grandchild being murdered. JMO I wish no one harm. I want truth and justice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

I really do not give a flying fig whether GA and CA stay together or not. That is for them to decide. What I do care about is the murder and possible obstruction of said murder of Caylee Anthony. What they knew, when they knew it and what they did about it. Hopefully GA's time w/ a counselor can help him reconcile the facts and whether he knowingly cleaned out the car filled with evidence of his grandchild being murdered. JMO I wish no one harm. I want truth and justice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Funny how we watch the same shows read the same documents but have totally different opionions. I watched a woman who was exhausted trying to get her granddaughter s picture out to the public.She did not want anything to get in the way of people looking for Caylee.She even said in one interview with the police she did not care KC was in jail she just wanted Caylee back.She knew her daughter stole money,she knew her daughter lied but she did not know her daughter would kill her granddaughter.If she really wanted to help KC instead of wanting the truth about where Caylee was she never would have picked up that phone.JMO but I am entitled to it.
(bold above by me)

Truer words were never said.

It amazes me how quickly, easily, and often people forget or ignore this one simple fact.

Ditto Stilettos ... I could not agree with you more.

DT :clap:

I have a lot repect for People it is my favorite Mag. But I don't know. Someone whoever
it is , quoted things that are not back up from LE. that make this thread a rumor thread.

now that i have read the people article im thinking that too .. or it could even be anyone claiming to know them .. the info really isnt anything major or that we havnt already known about .

I have to stand corrected. The author of the article was just on HLN saying it was pieced together with documents and they did speak with JG.

Ok- moving on now...enough People magazine for me. :)

Funny how we watch the same shows read the same documents but have totally different opionions. I watched a woman who was exhausted trying to get her granddaughter s picture out to the public.She did not want anything to get in the way of people looking for Caylee.She even said in one interview with the police she did not care KC was in jail she just wanted Caylee back.She knew her daughter stole money,she knew her daughter lied but she did not know her daughter would kill her granddaughter.If she really wanted to help KC instead of wanting the truth about where Caylee was she never would have picked up that phone.JMO but I am entitled to it.

I was TOTALLY on board with CA when she said "she did not care KC was in jail, she just wanted Caylee back!

It's when she turned her back on Caylee & set out to use her energy to EXONERATE KC, by pointing every finger she had on ALL trying to help!....With CINDY, everyone was her new suspect!

SHE is the reason we are even having this debate. She NEEDS Serious Help!
She is a modifying adjunct to the entire problem!

:waitasec: How do you know he didn't? Listed as a witness... :waitasec:

I think he did. I'm pretty sure there is a statement from him to LE in one of the recent document dumps, and yes, he is on the witness list.

Would you please post a link for your source for saying he was paid?
Thanks

Early on in this thread, a number of posters who had either been in People, or knew people who had stories in People said that they don't pay for interviews.

(bold above by me)

Truer words were never said.

It amazes me how quickly, easily, and often people forget or ignore this one simple fact.

I'm really not sure if she knew or didn't when she called 911. I think she may have called because she knew it had gotten to a point where someone else might if she didn't (eg the tow truck place, co-workers). She did tell Amy Casey could go to jail if she didn't find her. The cheques hadn't been reported, so what was she talking about? And in her own words to Casey "I've given you 31 days." I'd be more inclined to believe the call was geninue if she'd said "I've given you 12 hours".

I'm really not sure if she knew or didn't when she called 911. I think she may have called because she knew it had gotten to a point where someone else might if she didn't (eg the tow truck place, co-workers).She did tell Amy Casey could go to jail if she didn't find her. The cheques hadn't been reported, so what was she talking about? And in her own words to Casey "I've given you 31 days." I'd be more inclined to believe the call was geninue if she'd said "I've given you 12 hours".

My bold: Exactly. She knew Caylee was gone. She just didn't know where Caylee's little body was then. Nor did she really care as long as the "kidnapper" story was being believed. She didn't know about the "nanny" story until LA broke it to her. There was more than enough time to concoct the nanny kidnapping story between the 911 calls. She knew she couldn't save Caylee at that point, but saving KC was now her top priority and to hello with GA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back