The Pink Shirt

..Also, why wash a blanket on a window if there was other laundry to be done? Wouldnt you catch up first, and then take a blanket off of the window to wash? Why would there be dirty clothes waiting to be washed, but you washed a blanket hanging on a window first? I dont like this explanation
*respectfully snipped*

Honestly, I'd wash what was immediately needed (the blanket) before catching up on the other laundry.

Since the pink t-shirt being put in the dirty clothes pile is such a sticking point, use your imagination and throw out your wildest theories on here. We need a good brainstorming session.

Sniped off of Anna thread to kick things off. Now, stop and think about the question that blubunny asks in her post:

Why would a kidnapper look around for the appropriate place for the dirty clothes? I can't even get my husband to put his clothes anywhere but the floor (and not the laundry room floor) so why would a kidnapper make a point to put the laundry in its correct spot?

I theorize that this was a bedwetting incident and that the PJs were wet. Violence ensued sometime after the top was removed, which led to the washing of Haleigh's blanket/s. The top was forgotten in the rush and later stuffed under the pile of laundry. JMO

Maybe it's not about CHANGING her clothes, but REMOVING her clothes to avoid transferring trace evidence onto his/her/their property.

Somebody thought long and hard about this if they left no DNA, no fingerprints, nothing. Assuming, of course, that it was not Mist or Ron.

[copied and pasted from my post on Anna thread 'cause I have no idea how to move it]

I theorize that this was a bedwetting incident and that the PJs were wet. Violence ensued sometime after the top was removed, which led to the washing of Haleigh's blanket/s. The top was forgotten in the rush and later stuffed under the pile of laundry. JMO

thx, indigo. Good theory if it is family-related incident. [Which, at this point, who knows?]

Since the pink t-shirt being put in the dirty clothes pile is such a sticking point, use your imagination and throw out your wildest theories on here. We need a good brainstorming session.
The pink T-shirt has bothered me from the beginning. Misty claimed Haleigh was wearing the pink shirt when she was taken. Later she finds the pink shirt in the dirty clothes by the back door.

So was she still claiming that is what Haleigh was wearing? Or did she say later that she was mistaken, since it was found by the door? This is important...because if she was mistaken, the child was actually wearing something else...if she still insists Haleigh had the pink shirt on went she put her to bed, then someone took the shirt off of her. I've never seen anyone clarify that...did Misty say later that she "thought" she had the pink T-shirt on but must have been mistaken? Did Misty decide that Haleigh could have been wearing a different top when she went missing and tell LE? I never saw any other account of what she was wearing, other than the pink shirt...and then that turned out not to be true.

The pink T-shirt has bothered me from the beginning. Misty claimed Haleigh was wearing the pink shirt when she was taken. Later she finds the pink shirt in the dirty clothes by the back door.

So was she still claiming that is what Haleigh was wearing? Or did she say later that she was mistaken, since it was found by the door? This is important...because if she was mistaken, the child was actually wearing something else...if she still insists Haleigh had the pink shirt on went she put her to bed, then someone took the shirt off of her. I've never seen anyone clarify that...did Misty say later that she "thought" she had the pink T-shirt on but must have been mistaken? Did Misty decide that Haleigh could have been wearing a different top when she went missing and tell LE? I never saw any other account of what she was wearing, other than the pink shirt...and then that turned out not to be true.

By all accounts [media], Misty is the one who found the PJs [actually a Hannah Montana t-shirt that Haleigh wore to bed] in the pile of dirty clothes last Monday.

I think it's a possibility that Haleigh got up after Misty went to bed and tried on the clothes that the ggma brought over. My daughter would have done that.

I think it's a possibility that Haleigh got up after Misty went to bed and tried on the clothes that the ggma brought over. My daughter would have done that.

Wouldn't Haleigh have been afraid of the dark? Misty said the lights had all been off.

By all accounts [media], Misty is the one who found the PJs [actually a Hannah Montana t-shirt that Haleigh wore to bed] in the pile of dirty clothes last Monday.

CORRECTION - it was 2 wks ago, I think. But it was the day the amber alert was changed and LE said "focus on the face, not the shirt".

I don't know what I think. Perhaps Misty didn't know what Haleigh was wearing (bc she was high/bc she wasn't paying attention/bc she just plain forgot). Maybe Haleigh changed her own clothes - I know my 5yo does that. Maybe the kidnapper took it off of her. Maybe it was removed because Ron/Misty/someone at the house hurt Haleigh...

From everything I've heard, all family members say the pink top is definitely what Haleigh was wearing when she was put to bed that night. They aren't allowing wiggle room on that. Their thought is that the intruder had to have removed Haleigh's top before exiting the trailer. I'll try to find a link.

The most logical suspects are Misty and Ron. It's very hard to get my mind off of that after tracking the Caylee Anthony case for months. BUT, this case is very different and I don't believe that M or R could elude police this long if they were guilty.

So with that line of thinking, I'm assuming that Misty was distracted or high and didn't remember exactly what the little girl wore to bed.

I have a 5 year old and 7 year old and they both change their clothes without asking me if they get in the mood to. I'm easily distracted and on the internet a lot around bedtime (after i put them to bed but they are still getting up needing drinks etc...) and I can honestly see her not realizing that haylee had simply changed her night shirt.

I do not believe a stranger would have taken the time to change her clothes and put them in the laundry basket.

Keep going.

What if Ron did something to her before he left for work? Why would shirt be in dirty laundry pile?

the reason why this is so confusing, imhoo, is because someone or someone(s) is lying

From everything I've heard, all family members say the pink top is definitely what Haleigh was wearing when she was put to bed that night. They aren't allowing wiggle room on that. Their thought is that the intruder had to have removed Haleigh's top before exiting the trailer. I'll try to find a link.
"all" family members? The only one that knows for sure is Misty.

That sounds like a really good possibility and something a 5 year old would definitely do. So, ggma (was it ggma or gma) knows what she brought over...were any tops missing from those clothes?

"all" family members? The only one that knows for sure is Misty.

Good point, but if our Misty stoned/high theory is correct, then even she doesn't know for sure. [Hey, I'm not stoned and I couldn't tell you what my own kids slept in OR wore to school today.]

Okay. Keep going, friends.
If Misty "accidentally" harmed Haleigh, then she told LE the wrong shirt [even though she knew it was right there in the trailer] because.....

Keep going.

What if Ron did something to her before he left for work? Why would shirt be in dirty laundry pile?

If Ron did something to her, why would they take her shirt off? I haven't heard that it had anything (like blood) on it.

Why would Misty say Haleigh was wearing the shirt, if she wasn't? Haleigh isn't wearing the shirt now. If Misty/Ron DID do something to Haleigh, why say she was wearing the shirt if it was really in the dirty clothes pile? That just makes them look even more suspicious. Oh good grief... :confused::confused::confused:

(This reminds me of the pineapple that JonBenet ate... that Patsy says she didn't eat. It's ALL so confusing...)

ETA: My personal belief is that Haleigh changed her own shirt and put it in the dirty clothes pile. What happened from there... IDK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back