Cindy's Deposition #3 *UPDATED* MOTION FILED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but I do believe Baez filed that on his own and then brought this other attorney into the case, because I remember thinking when the guy appeared, "now who is this?"

Thanks, TurboThink. That's kind of what I thought too. He doesn't sound so great either when he can't be bothered to show up for the depos. KC seems to attract the not-so-great ones, doesn't she? :rolleyes:

I understand the horror George and Cindy have been through but watching the deposition, it is difficult for me to muster support for them.

I read all the depositions but only watched portions.

I did wonder if there was any truth to their comments that the Sawgrass ZG is not really a ZFG but a CZG. Cindy said she had done her homework and that Fernandez was not part of this lady's name on her DMV record.

Cindy also indicated that the Sawgrass ZG "nodded yes" when Cindy said (paraphrased) Ask her if this is her signature. Ask her if she signed this C. Zenaida Gonzale[z].

(Cindy had the discovery page, p. 45? (it is 57 in the version I am looking at), which was the Sawgrass card. I believe Cindy indicates the z was also missing from the last name? (it is there on the version I am looking at) I thought it was typos/misspeaking but I think it was intentional.)

If you go back to the statement from the leasing agent at the apartment complex, she said SHE filled out the form, not ZG.

I am wondering what that admission does to her case (if anything). Maybe someone can answer that from a legal standpoint. I couldn't tell if they stopped taping because ZG's lawyer could not believe the behavior of Cindy and figured at this point going to the judge was his best course of action or whether she'd hit a nerve.

By the end of the deposition, my head was spinning. I doubt I could have told you my own name. This was worse than listening to Dominic Casey.

I believe he aquired what he was looking for all along. The admission by Cindy that she had gone on TV after LE told her that this ZG was not involved and after they told her that KC could not identify her and implicated her again. She also admitted that she was KC's "agent" in putting out this information.

Now, he may bring her back if he has other things he wants, but I am sure he will bring George back.

Who knows how this lady's signature endend up without the "z" on the end. Who knows what the "C" means. Fact is, this is the lady that signed the card by her own admission at the depo.

Quite frankly, CA was grasping at straws in the face of so many more realities.

IIRC the Sawgrass apartment form was filled out by an office employee working there. It was not an actual signature of ZG. So, she didn't leave a 'z' off of or add a 'c' to her own name. The employee filling out the form could have been in a hurry, didn't understand ZG well or is just a sloppy employee. So in my opinion, Cindy thinking this form proves so much is ridiculous.

Marla - I know this is off topic but I do have to say that the picture of the A family you have in your post is so telling.

Cindy is in the middle - the center of the family. She is pulling George's hand to her lap - clearly showing who is in control - showing where he needs to allign himself. Cindy is holding onto Lee's leg. If the grip was any tighter - he may have a bruised leg! She does not have the same control over Lee - she has to extend herself somewhat to hold onto him - but she is ready to squeeze - pounce - should he say or do the wrong thing.

I dont understand the power Cindy seems to hold over the family.

She's the ONLY bread-winner in the lot, that is the power .. $$$

She's been paying the way for the rest of them for how many years nows?
George wouldn't DARE step out of line ..

Snipped

CA IS a witness - a deposition is a witness testimony, and I realise that the depo was not a trial and that they were not in a court room - that is why I think that JM's bullying of CA, in which he not only gets her to admit that she published KC's alleged defamation of ZG, but also that she defamed his client herself, is so outrageous. My point was that he was behaving as if CA was on trial, when the claim is not even against her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deposition_(law)

Sounds like ZG's attorney was being a zealous advocate as it was the lawyer's duty to do. CA did publish KC's defamation of ZG on TV. It appears CA has defamed ZG herself. Eliciting CA's admission of that was brilliant. You are correct; CA is not on trial ... yet. What is the statute of limitations on a civil defamation action in Florida? Three years from the time of the event until the suit has to be filed? :waitasec: See why it was brilliant? KC doesn't have any money, but CA does.

Yes of course she stepped over the mark during the last section of the depo, and she was clearly trying to derail his client's claim by attempting to demonstrate the flaws she thinks the defamation suit has. Her behaviour was certainly improper in places, but I have tried to imagine myself in a situation where I was being forced to give testimony in a claim I believed to be frivolous, and in circumstances such as exist in this instance, and I believe I would probably find it extremely difficult to remain civil! But the fact is that attorneys have a duty to ensure that proceedings they are engaged in are conducted in a professional manner and free from emotive reactions and personal animosities, they're not supposed to get spiteful and retaliate!

Nah! The more the attorney can get the deponent worked up and making inconsistent statements, the better it is for their client. Remember, credibility of a witness or respondent is important and the witness can be attacked on credibility with prior inconsistent statements. That was another reason for the repeated questions that changed only slightly. ZG's attorney was very much in control. There is no rule whatsoever that says the attorney must ensure the deposition is conducted free from [emotional] reactions or even free from personal animosities. However, I'm guessing CA doesn't rate high enough in ZG's attorney's world to spark personal animosity. This way a role the attorney played for the depo and nothing more. This was just zealous advocacy and the attorney played CA like a fiddle. At the end, before CA stormed out, her attorney was trying to tell her that the other attorney was just trying to get her worked up and get her to make emotional responses. ZG's attorney's handling of the depo was just a tactic and it was brilliantly executed.

CA has just lost a beloved grandchild in the worst imaginable circumstances and her own child is accused of a heinous crime. She has a reason to be emotional, angry, hostile to perceived threats, whether we approve of the actual way she expresses her emotions or not. What excuse does JM have for his behaviour? It's not me that holds JM to perfection - his own professional code of ethics and the rules of his license agreement hold him to specific levels of professionalism and conduct.
Show us a rule of professional conduct in Florida that requires the attorney to keep their voice intoned like they are reading a phone book. The "business" of this depo with CA as a deponent called for this kind of control, repeated questioning and responses. The conduct of the attorney was well within the parameters of professional conduct of the profession. Those standards are set within the legal profession by comparison with other lawyers and within the context of the circumstances. It is not set by individual subjective assessment or whether or not the deponent was happy with it. IF Ca's attorney felt it was out of line, he could have stopped the deposition and gone to the court with a motion. He didn't and that itself is some proof that the conduct was not in violation of the rules.

CA has just lost a beloved grandchild in the worst imaginable circumstances and her own child is accused of a heinous crime. She has a reason to be emotional, angry, hostile to perceived threats, whether we approve of the actual way she expresses her emotions or not. What excuse does JM have for his behaviour? It's not me that holds JM to perfection - his own professional code of ethics and the rules of his license agreement hold him to specific levels of professionalism and conduct.
BTW, there's no "license agreement."

IIRC the Sawgrass apartment form was filled out by an office employee working there. It was not an actual signature of ZG. So, she didn't leave a 'z' off of or add a 'c' to her own name. The employee filling out the form could have been in a hurry, didn't understand ZG well or is just a sloppy employee. So in my opinion, Cindy thinking this form proves so much is ridiculous.

The Sawgrass employee who filled out the guest card was Harry Garcia. There are two copies of the guest card included in the discovery.

http://investigation.discovery.com/..._coverage/files/casey_anthony_documents01.pdf

Pages 48 and 57. (If the link doesn't open directly for you, you may have to save it to your hard drive and open.)

The first was filled out with the name Gonzale (z is dropped off). No where on the card do we see ZG sign it, it's all done by Harry. The second copy is corrected. Most likely after the investigators got there, Harry pulled the card and realized his mistake and was asked to correct it after the original copy. The only mistake LE made was not getting Harry to initial and date the correction. But if there was the vast conspiracy going on that CA thinks she so CUNNINGLY uncovered, they would have not have produced both copies...just the corrected one. It's a matter that will easily be settled in court.

The "C" that CA wants to dwell on is not a C. It's a G with a lifted portion between the bowl and the extension of the G. And I'm assuming it's the initial of the last name. But again, Harry Garcia should be able to explain both issues in court. Bottom line (lol) is...there's a phone number on the bottom line, and it was ZG's.

You have to listen to the audio to hear his aggressive tone and the level of his voice, his repeated shouting of 'yes or no, the way you like it' and his threatening remarks such as 'if you dare' and 'you're going to be thanking me for something else in a minute'.

Irrespective of any improper behaviour that CA is considered to have displayed during this depo, JM is an officer of the court and has a duty to comply with the rules and procedural and ethical codes of his profession. His aggression towards CA at the end of this depo is clearly retaliation for some of her behaviour/remarks and is IMO very UNprofessional.

IMO, JM just wanted a simple "yes or no" from Cindy rather then the way Cindy was trying to spin it back toward JM. I'm sure if BC thought JM was out of line he would have done something right then or immediately thereafter.

IMO, JM just wanted a simple "yes or no" from Cindy rather then the way Cindy was trying to spin it back toward JM. I'm sure if BC thought JM was out of line he would have done something right then or immediately thereafter.

I'm sure that BC recognized just who was out of line and it wasn't JM, the same goes for the GA deposition. I really wouldn't be surprised if BC said goodbye to the A's after this display of hostility and combativeness, not to mention all the lies and evasiveness. He's probably thinking of an appropriate excuse to do so, or enough time to elapse. He looked positively ashen faced when they were about to leave and CA just had to get her "last licks" in. I think he did prepare them thoroughly for these depositions, but in their ignorance and arrogance, they chose to ignore him. I really hope that he heads for the door - who in their right mind would want to be in any way connected with these two #######s.

I thought Cindy's shining moment was in the last 10 minutes of the whole deposition. She really believes she got one over on Mr. Morgan. Watch that last 10 again.

I agree. It appears to me that ALL of the Anthony clan believe they are Mensa candidates when in reality they are not.

Sounds like ZG's attorney was being a zealous advocate as it was the lawyer's duty to do. CA did publish KC's defamation of ZG on TV. It appears CA has defamed ZG herself. Eliciting CA's admission of that was brilliant. You are correct; CA is not on trial ... yet. What is the statute of limitations on a civil defamation action in Florida? Three years from the time of the event until the suit has to be filed? :waitasec: See why it was brilliant? KC doesn't have any money, but CA does.

It's 2 years in Florida http://www.expertlaw.com/library/limitations_by_state/Florida.html#3 I have a feeling we may see that lawsuit happen before very long. JM was brilliant in his deposition to get that admission from her... and no, I don't think he bullied her at all. It was tough questioning but he was courteous and tried to set a tone for the depos. IMO he did his job and did it well.

The only ones being rude and obnoxious during the depositions were
CA @ G. I felt ZG attorneys conduct was very professional. CA's attitude
and unappropriate comments such as "no, let him make an *advertiser censored* of himself"
were shocking. G' comment was rediculous also relating to the attorney
pushing his glasses up.

The Sawgrass employee who filled out the guest card was Harry Garcia. There are two copies of the guest card included in the discovery.

http://investigation.discovery.com/..._coverage/files/casey_anthony_documents01.pdf

Pages 48 and 57. (If the link doesn't open directly for you, you may have to save it to your hard drive and open.)

The first was filled out with the name Gonzale (z is dropped off). No where on the card do we see ZG sign it, it's all done by Harry. The second copy is corrected. Most likely after the investigators got there, Harry pulled the card and realized his mistake and was asked to correct it after the original copy. The only mistake LE made was not getting Harry to initial and date the correction. But if there was the vast conspiracy going on that CA thinks she so CUNNINGLY uncovered, they would have not have produced both copies...just the corrected one. It's a matter that will easily be settled in court.

The "C" that CA wants to dwell on is not a C. It's a G with a lifted portion between the bowl and the extension of the G. And I'm assuming it's the initial of the last name. But again, Harry Garcia should be able to explain both issues in court. Bottom line (lol) is...there's a phone number on the bottom line, and it was ZG's.

CA is just trying to muddy the waters. She's poked her nose into every aspect of the investigation, and tried to steer it away from Casey. She wants other people investigated.........JG and AH have been mentioned. All in the name of "reasonable doubt" to try to acquit her daughter of the crime she KNOWS Casey committed. :mad:

CA is just trying to muddy the waters. She's poked her nose into every aspect of the investigation, and tried to steer it away from Casey. She wants other people investigated.........JG and AH have been mentioned. All in the name of "reasonable doubt" to try to acquit her daughter of the crime she KNOWS Casey committed. :mad:

My emphasis

She poked her nose into every aspect except investigating those phone #s and addresses for Zanny that KC gave her - that part she trusted LE to do. Also, she never talked to KC about anything related to the case. Yeah right, Cindy, we believe you.

Well I guess I've got a lot to learn about the US legal system and acceptable standards of professional conduct. I was assuming that it would be similar to UK standards, where bullying a witness in a civil case to make a confession would never be allowed.

What is this "confession" stuff? There was no bullying that I saw, and there certainly nothing about a confession. Cindy is her OWN worst enemy. She does not need any prompting.

My emphasis

She poked her nose into every aspect except investigating those phone #s and addresses for Zanny that KC gave her - that part she trusted LE to do. Also, she never talked to KC about anything related to the case. Yeah right, Cindy, we believe you.

Not to mention the worst part to me, is that she NEVER ONCE got off her *ss and personally searched for that baby. She KNEW the baby was dead from day 32...........I don't believe she knew when she called, but I am convinced she knew right after that. All her actions show me she was an accomplice in covering up KC's action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz