MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with you here. The accused are reported to be "fine, upstanding citizens" blah, blah, blah.

We shall see.

Ya know, I don't consider these early testimonials all that credible. It is stunning how often "fine, upstanding citizens" turn out to be the most depraved of individuals. I am not saying that is true here, but the news is full of shocked neighbors, work associates, friends, and family that had no clue about people they "thought" they knew. Being cordial makes a better cover than being rude or hateful.

Some are, some arent. I see a lot of jumping to conclusions, and THAT IS OK, do your thing, I am just doing mine. Dont let me stop you.

Admittedly it doesnt look good for these guys, but I have seen much worse come out as nothing at all in the end.

I don't believe this could be construed as "jumping to conclusions" when the arrests have been made - very publicly - and LE is digging up that farm.

With all due respect, we're not looking at a case here where there is ONE accuser - but five siblings and now more coming forward. Add to that the fact that LE is looking for remains - and I have to believe there is good reason for that.

I truly appreciate your position and know, all too well, how false accusations can destroy many lives. I just don't get that vibe with this case.

Ya know, I don't consider these early testimonials all that credible. It is stunning how often "fine, upstanding citizens" turn out to be the most depraved of individuals. I am not saying that is ture here, but the news is full of shocked neighbors, work associate, friends, and family that had no clue about people they "thought" they knew. Being cordial makes a better cover than being rude or hateful.

So true.

I guess we will see what tomorrow will bring. This case is very disturbing.

If the allegations are true, than I believe there will be victims of at least some of the perps for the years 1995-2009. As LE said - pedos don't stop.

If the child had an abortion at the age of 11, there must be either a hospital or dr's record. I can not imagine taking an 11 year old to a fly by night doc with no problems. However, abortion was illegal in MO in the 1980s/90s, was it not? Wasn't MO one of the last states to allow abortions and isn't abortion still highly regulated, especially regarding minors in MO today?

I'm bothered by this case. I'm bothered, considerably, that so much info has been made public. It would only take any one of us sleuths about 5 minutes to identify all these kids?! So why did MO LE put so much info out there? Does MO have a sunshine law like FL and the press requested the info? I'm not sure that's what happened because the info came out PDQ, I'm thinking LE just put it out there for some reason.

I don't think the public needed all this info.......

Salem

I can tell you from our own trial that it was the tiny details that clinched the case. The fact that a seven year old remembered that he'd been raped in the boys' restroom and couldn't walk home fast enough to see his Dad's new backhoe because his bottom hurt. The memory of how hot the heater was that he was pressed against. The comment from our six year old that "he tried to pull my winkie off but it was stuck on pretty good". One daughter remembering that I was making chicken taco salad and she could smell it as she was raped. The fact that our nine year old was terrified by a knife which looked like his Dad's special red knife (Victorinox) but was sharper. Children don't make stuff like that up. I imagine that there is something true about the glass jars, whether they are found or not. I agree that it sounds much like something a mother or aunt would suggest (a woman who'd also had to use this tactic).

These are the sorts of things that LE investigators look for. The memories are imprinted. They also don't change over time. You can't take a group of kids and plan a story. Kids can't get their stories straight over who broke the lamp much less a detailed abuse story. They have a hard time remembering what you asked them to order at McDonald's. This is where the truth comes out. And when there's a group, good investigators will separate the kids and see if everything jives. You can't make up stuff like that.

One fact I've been hesitant to bring up is a particular website. It's the National Center for Reason and Justice (NOT NOT NOT) and we've battled them for years. They blindly support the "wrongly convicted" with the most outrageous tactics. Our AG has had to threaten them numerous times to keep it clean. They can take a case and outline it in such a way that Mother Teresa would think that the perp was handed a bad rap. They have no links to transcripts or appeals. They solely rely on the perp's statements and in strong attempts to discredit victims.

If you choose to go there, keep a towel ready as you might feel ill. They are trolling for large donations to help defend these perps. It's all about the perps and how wonderful they are and how much love they've spread in their lives. The children and victims mean NOTHING.

They've collected tens of thousands of dollars for the rapist who hurt our children. They printed our names and address and personal details of our children's lives. We got phone calls accusing us of trying to ruin a fine young man's life. It was awful. The AG finally got our names removed but they are still getting donations for this perp 6 months after he's been released--11 years after the trial. You tell me if this is right. I will eat anybody's hat if the Mohler monsters don't show up on this site at some point. It's called revisionist history at its worst. Give them some time to do the spin and they will. Those kids will be liars who actually abused each other. The Mohler brothers will be candidates for Fathers of the Year. Remember I said this.

I guess we will see what tomorrow will bring. This case is very disturbing.

If the allegations are true, than I believe there will be victims of at least some of the perps for the years 1995-2009. As LE said - pedos don't stop.

If the child had an abortion at the age of 11, there must be either a hospital or dr's record. I can not imagine taking an 11 year old to a fly by night doc with no problems. However, abortion was illegal in MO in the 1980s/90s, was it not? Wasn't MO one of the last states to allow abortions and isn't abortion still highly regulated, especially regarding minors in MO today?

I'm bothered by this case. I'm bothered, considerably, that so much info has been made public. It would only take any one of us sleuths about 5 minutes to identify all these kids?! So why did MO LE put so much info out there? Does MO have a sunshine law like FL and the press requested the info? I'm not sure that's what happened because the info came out PDQ, I'm thinking LE just put it out there for some reason.

I don't think the public needed all this info.......

Salem

ITA Salem. Lots of info already - disgusting details. We will see what unfolds.

I agree Salem, we could identify these kids in a heartbeat. I have a feeling that desire for confidentiality was low on the list for the victims, however. Remember, Elizabeth and Jaycee's horrors are well known. Sometimes, victims just have to suck it up and be strong if the case is going to fly. I'd like to think that, since August, these siblings have prepared their loved ones for the flak. I'd also like to believe that they have a full schedule of intensive therapy appointments on their calendars.

Missizzy,
ITA with what you are saying.. that it is all in the details...

The pencil and the screwdriver... the layers of pallets that the little girl/now woman describes when she was attacked with the dog.

Those are all little details.... imhoo..

What a horrible crime this is! And digging for bodies and saying so in the presser? I am shocked and dazed from the wording in the presser! And digging at multiple locations for a body or bodies.

And Missizzy, my hat is off to you! What a horrible thing to have all your children preyed upon! Simply horrible! My thoughts are with you... This story has got to be like licking salt after you chew on a thousand mouthfuls of glass shards!

I just don't get why so many of the details show up time and time again. We dealt with a pencil, a chicken coop, a dog, even a pallet. It's disgusting.

To this day, I believe more evidence would have been found in our case but LE thought it was pretty much confined to one screwed up teen. They didn't do a full search with digging and tossing the house until SIX weeks into the investigation. That day our entire street was closed off and we were unable to attend our son's high school graduation.

There's so much pain and it is true, this is like salt in the wound. If I offend with my frenzied response please let me know. I have a true sense that researching these cases helps me feel empowered. How I wish you guys would have been there for me and our children eleven years ago.

Thank you for the kind words. I've processed it all tonight and had a glass of wine. My husband is asleep by my side and I've checked on each and every child. We're safe.

Out of curiosity has anyone looked into any missing children around the time LE is speaking about ? I know they were not real clear as to "when" but I started looking around the time frome of 1984-2000 and I found this young lady who lived close enough around this area...anyhow here is her link:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=601798&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_UShttp://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
Kara K. is missing from Belton, MO... fwiw... I have cross linked this thread over to hers... jik

I do believe we need to be looking at younger missing children in this case. Seems the abortion of the 11 year old was a bit of a wake up call to these freaks.

Do we know when the son sold this property after he had bought it from his father in 1995 ?

I do believe we need to be looking at younger missing children in this case. Seems the abortion of the 11 year old was a bit of a wake up call to these freaks.

I agree .... unless they disposed of them...

I should not have read the probable cause statement. I should not have. Part of me says that this is not a hoax, there is no way that I have been hoaxed into spending 15 minutes over the toilet heaving.

But, the more traumatic incidents, I will say, are common elements,very common, among fetish *advertiser censored*. That gives me pause.
I have found the fence and think I will sit here for the night and re-evaluate come morning.

Kara K. is missing from Belton, MO... fwiw... I have cross linked this thread over to hers... jik

Hi nursebeeme:

Thanks for the cross link, however it's about a 1 and 100,000 shot. Not sure why, but there seems to be a lot or this wacky stuff that goes on in that KC/SW Missouri area. I believe all or most of the victims, after skimming the thread were preteens and family members, not to mention Belton, MO is a good 40 miles from Bates City, MO. But then again, you never know.

Has Any one done public record searches for more land they owned?Or addresses?Google earth images of where they are searching? I would love to but I am already past bedtime as I go to work in 4 hours and by the time i get home this thread is likely to be on thread #2

I would have thought they had enough evidence before they arrested them on the charges they have now. And maybe are trying to find more evidence for murder charges remember they do not need a body for a murder charge and it sounds as if they have enough reason to dig up the place.
I think it was a board move asking people to call in with missing family members from that time period so they have to know they will get flooded with calls. Knowing that I have to assume they are counting on one certain call and know that person is watching this.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing he must know the family.

I guess that would explain the low bond. Glad he stepped down.
Off topic sorta Wasnt Shawn pernice an EMT and wasnt he the last person to see Star Boomer? And arent these locations close? http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/2009/02/star-boomer-who-is-she-and-where-is-she.html

Probably know eachother, the old man is pretty well known as I understand it.

Could it be possible that the judge attends the same church as one of them?

One of the posters at topix has the nic "The Family." Says that three of the five men shouldn't have been arrested. Most of those who claim to know also says there never was a daughter, let alone a disabled one. Another poster hints that they may know something about what was happening.
http://www.topix.net/forum/source/fox4kc/T9PFUFKS9DU4OT0S7

On this page of comments, a person who calls themselves another mother states that they also abused her child.
http://www.topix.net/forum/source/fox4kc/T9PFUFKS9DU4OT0S7/p13

One thing that is unusual, in a case where multiple kids are abused and one child had an abortion, I would be wondering where the women are and whether they knew. An abortion alone would be something that should have gotten the mother's attention. Of course the trend now is if they knew, they also get busted. So no women arrested? Where are they?

The way I see it there are several possibilities on who they may be looking for: A. Aborted children (note the article doesn't say where the child got the abortion, it could have been there in the home, or subsequent pregnancies may have been terminated at home) B. Women in the family C. Missing children

According to one of the posters on Topix, this was also investigated in the 90's and nothing came of it. Could that have been when the girl who got pregnant at age 11 got her abortion? If so and if it was done medically approved, then the abortion may have been what sparked the investigation. If so then there should be an offical record of it that will be accessible to investigators. I read the girl is 26 now, she got pregnant at age 11, so if my math is right then that would have been about 1994? Somebody please check my math it's one of my weaknesses. An investigation as a result of the pregnancy may have meant that if any further pregnancies happened, they wouldn't be taken for an abortion, it would have to be done at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly